Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Memento posted:

Is Punk in the new UFC game coming out early next year? Seems pretty cool to be making those EA dollars without ever having a fight.

Do fighters make money off the game now? Because I remember hearing on Observer not long ago they don't get paid anything from being in the game. There was a big issue a little while back where UFC stretched a clause in fighters contracts allowing them to use fighters likenesses in business ventures without paying royalties and applying it to the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
CM Punk is cool and good and I'm glad he has the ability to follow what interests him. I for one am glad that our generation already has an analog for Bruno/Vince that will take decades to resolve (and will require HHH or a proxy to make good).

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Cory Lidle posted:

CM Punk is cool and good and I'm glad he has the ability to follow what interests him. I for one am glad that our generation already has an analog for Bruno/Vince that will take decades to resolve (and will require HHH or a proxy to make good).

Aurora Rose Levesque, peacemaker

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

super macho dude posted:

He'll be a dlc like Bruce Lee was in the last game. I sincerely hope they give him his lovely running knee to bulldog combo and a GTS just to make it extra ridiculous.

I hope he calls someone a pig on twitter as his taunt

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cory Lidle posted:

Everything I've heard from Punk makes it seem like it's HHH he has the problem with not Vince (outside of the "owe you one" stuff), so I think it would definitely need a proxy :v:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
CM Punk is only playable in training mode in the UFC game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You can play as Punk once but he immediately gets injured after the match and that character is locked out for 6 months.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

AkumaHokoru posted:

when was this?

September, 2018. Quackenbush plans the hell out of his time travel storylines.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Do fighters make money off the game now? Because I remember hearing on Observer not long ago they don't get paid anything from being in the game. There was a big issue a little while back where UFC stretched a clause in fighters contracts allowing them to use fighters likenesses in business ventures without paying royalties and applying it to the games.

I would be surprised if Punk let that fly in his contract with the UFC.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Wise words.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Kevin Nash is Real Good (And Real Big [And Sexy]).

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/682690508188065792

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know this is the soft open and all, but didn't one of the Pop TV people say he was expecting a million viewers as the average rating for the show? :stare:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dixie looks like a sexbot that became self-aware.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I know this is the soft open and all, but didn't one of the Pop TV people say he was expecting a million viewers as the average rating for the show? :stare:

You're thinking of the TNAMecca guy who put the last day of Spike and the last day of DA together for a prediction of about one million.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fart blood posted:

Dixie ... self-aware.
lmao

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

I Before E posted:

You're thinking of the TNAMecca guy who put the last day of Spike and the last day of DA together for a prediction of about one million.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fighting/article47489355.html

quote:

Destination America, TNA Impact Wrestling’s former TV residence, covers about 60 million homes. TNA in its final months on Destination America was averaging about 300,000 viewers.

Schwartz was impressed with 1.3-million viewers during TNA’s Spike days.

“That’s a number that’s in my head,” Schwartz said, “and then surpassing it.”

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

lol

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

well, .13 mil's not THAT different, is it?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

boom

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:thurman:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

toasted

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
God drat, I said god drat.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
:drat:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
JR clearly doesn't think WWE is ever going to want him back, goddamn

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well at this point any scenario in which he comes back would involve them coming to him. He doesn't need money or fame at this point so he ca basically do whatever he wants and wait for them to try and negotiate with him.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Reminder that Triple H has said they possibly want to try to get Hogan back.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
God, with that and Stephenie tweeting about using charity as a business technique, those idiots are a PR nightmare. Or at least they would be if anyone credible gave a gently caress about wrestling.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ICHIBAHN posted:

God, with that and Stephenie tweeting about using charity as a business technique

This should've been a runaway winner for Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic if not for the Reid Flair crap. I still can't believe she tweeted that.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
i like it when lots of money goes to charity

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

DannoMack posted:

i like it when lots of money goes to executive's bonuses and ~awareness~

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DannoMack posted:

i like it when lots of money goes to charity
Their money goes to Susan G Komen, which is a PR company with a cancer charity gimmick

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Their money goes to Susan G Komen, which is a PR company with a cancer charity gimmick

They do a ton for the Special Olympics and other groups.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Cool well Steph's quote was about how charity is the future of marketing or advertising or whatever and she's right and it's neat that she said it rather than acting like it was something dirty

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What do you mean "rather than"? She could've just not said anything. She's a complete moron.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
It was obvious enough they do all this poo poo for Public Points, they fact that one of them feels the need to laud themselves for such a brilliant strategy is idiotic.

They're jut a bunch of carnies playing corporate dress up.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DannoMack posted:

Cool well Steph's quote was about how charity is the future of marketing or advertising or whatever and she's right and it's neat that she said it rather than acting like it was something dirty

It's the equivalent of being an acquaintance of someone who has a sick kid, sending that kid a get well soon card and then calling up the parents to say "I don't know you well enough to really care but I knew it would make me look better if I did that"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
We all know it's fake, but you're not supposed to announce that it's fake.