Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Sorry but that first ability is more black than green. Go hang out in the locked MTG card creation thread gosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot
so what did you all do for new years? I had a fancy vegetarian meal with my girlfriend, it was really fuckin good.,

Broccoli and Cheddar gougères (appetizer)

1. Cauliflower Soup | Grapes, almonds, lemon oil
2. "Chicken and Waffles" | Potato gaufrette, sriracha aioli, micro greens with lilikoi vinaigrette
3. House-made Chitarra Pasta | Cacio e pepe, black truffle, arugula
4. Coconut and Chocolate Sphere | Banana, puffed rice, coconut milk, tropical fruit

it came with a bunch of different ciders from France and America somewhere, we got really drunk

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

Thor-Stryker posted:

Sorry but that first ability is more black than green. Go hang out in the locked MTG card creation thread gosh.
Look buddy i don't make the jpegs, i just sell 'em alright. You want it, or not? The LTI is gone after friday so don't waste my time. Look at the line behind you!

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

bearbaiter posted:

lmao look at this retard. "our goonly powers of persuasion could convince, by the mere power of INTERNET SUGGESTION, some real lowlife to commit suicide, freeing the world of his awful presence!"

kill yourself

I have literally witnessed exactly that, on Paltalk (voice chatrooms), they host "insult rooms" where people spend their lives ripping the poo poo out of each other all day long, in 2007 a guy called Kevin Whitrick took it all way too serious and hung himself live on webcam... BY THE MERE POWER OF INTERNET SUGGESTION.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Laserpig posted:

I have literally witnessed exactly that, on Paltalk (voice chatrooms), they host "insult rooms" where people spend their lives ripping the poo poo out of each other all day long, in 2007 a guy called Kevin Whitrick took it all way too serious and hung himself live on webcam... BY THE MERE POWER OF INTERNET SUGGESTION.

He'll never be the head of a major space jpg corporation.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

BeefThief posted:

He'll never be the head of a major space jpg corporation.

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

Laserpig posted:

BY THE MERE POWER OF INTERNET SUGGESTION.
free seraph84

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

SeaRoughAteTeaFore posted:

rolexes and audis are for petit-boug sheeptools with too much moeny an d not enough creativitity

audi does make a good car tho

It's funny you should say that, I drive an Audi A3, regardless I WISH I had too much money.

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

Laserpig posted:

It's funny you should say that, I drive an Audi A3, regardless I WISH I had too much money.
In USA we sacrifice a football stadium (30,000) people, or nine 9/11s to automobile fetishization every year. I'm saying you're a murdering monster.

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot
you guys check out my steam profile, the Artwork showcase in particular. if you don't laugh well than i'm sorry you didn't laugh bvut please don't ban me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Beliathon

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot
right so star citizen thinugs.. apprently chris said the FPS was inspired somewhat by Tom clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

so i've been playing that game and there's so much wrong with Star Citizen FPS being based on it i don't even know where to begin

first of all the game is balanced on a careful equipment loadout restricted system (arcadey as gently caress btw)

second of all it's 5v5 and again, the levels are carefully designed for 10 players

third of all everything in that game is based on a timer ticking down for the attackers

in star citizen equipment/gear will be mix/maxed to hell and back in the competitive aspects of play [hypothetically speaking if it wasn't a scam]

this doesn't work AT ALL with a system anything like what rainbow 6 siege has. So I'm calling bullshit on chris

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

right so star citizen thinugs.. apprently chris said the FPS was inspired somewhat by Tom clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

so i've been playing that game and there's so much wrong with Star Citizen FPS being based on it i don't even know where to begin

first of all the game is balanced on a careful equipment loadout restricted system (arcadey as gently caress btw)

second of all it's 5v5 and again, the levels are carefully designed for 10 players

third of all everything in that game is based on a timer ticking down for the attackers

in star citizen equipment/gear will be mix/maxed to hell and back in the competitive aspects of play [hypothetically speaking if it wasn't a scam]

this doesn't work AT ALL with a system anything like what rainbow 6 siege has. So I'm calling bullshit on chris

Have you thought about never posting? It might be something you should consider. Everything you post seems to be poo poo and worse off you're a loving pedo.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

RuanGacho posted:

Okay now I feel the singularity is coming on because this reads like something Jrodefeld would write.

Weird, I felt exactly the same about Laserpig's, "I'll fight D_Smart irl."

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Hey, whoever in this thread recommended reading Revelation Space: I really appreciate it. It was an excellent book.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

So which has been a better investment for you, blowing 300 bucks on sa or flushing 300 bucks on star citizen? would it not be better to take that 600 to vegas with your :siren: girlfriend :siren:

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

celewign posted:

Hey, whoever in this thread recommended reading Revelation Space: I really appreciate it. It was an excellent book.
check out the mars trilogy - Kim Stanley Robinson

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Crash74 posted:

So which has been a better investment for you, blowing 300 bucks on sa or flushing 300 bucks on star citizen? would it not be better to take that 600 to vegas with your :siren: girlfriend :siren:

If he takes her across state lines then it's trafficking in child prostitution

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

Crash74 posted:

So which has been a better investment for you, blowing 300 bucks on sa or flushing 300 bucks on star citizen?
too early to say

Crash74 posted:

would it not be better to take that 600 to vegas
gently caress no you couldnt pay me to go to vegas. Gambling is for filthy fiatslave peasantsheeple. Like breeding, network TV, and Kohl's. Kill yourself if you shop at Kohl's.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'd say you gambled on space jpegs and lost

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

BeefThief posted:

I'd say you gambled on space jpegs and lost
:negative:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I played STar CItizen today and stole a Constellation. So I must have played a dream.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
What the actual gently caress is happening in here these last few pages

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

HapiMerchant posted:

Seraph reclaiming his alphagoon status and trying to fit in before he gets banned and has to resort to begging in PMs again.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

HapiMerchant posted:

The bonzi force.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Good point, apparently they're all collapsing the waveform so it's just one big :gary:

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot
EVery Star Citizen backer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1EipQ5riVY

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Which I will, there will only be 3 hits in the fight, I hit Derek. Derek hits the floor, the ambulance hits 100mph

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

CrazyLoon posted:

Seraph reclaiming his alphagoon status and trying to fit in before he gets banned and has to resort to begging in PMs again.

who the hell is seraph I don't keep up on the latest fresh SA memes

Laserpig posted:

Which I will, there will only be 3 hits in the fight, I hit Derek. Derek hits the floor, the ambulance hits 100mph

Please tell me you are very mondo serious about having a match. we can say there's been two 'celebrity' SA boxing matches!

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

HapiMerchant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY1TlxJORik

Just your friendly living Seer.

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot
Beating goons in two threads at once at 4:50am not even breaking a sweat, just sitting here shitposting waiting

the reputation of this community is greatly exagerated in my opinion

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04

support the cause queers

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...inal-super-base

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Oh hey he's back and :10bux:

I got 2 kills in the PU today and then my AUrora was owned by a gladius. AMA

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

hi seraph84

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
If brevity is the soul of wit, then what is Star Citizen and 10 hours of SQ42?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Scruffpuff posted:

OK guys I'm back from the FUTURE.... I'm sorry this took so long but it's drat hard to find anything in the HoloWeb. Anyway, we can stop guessing, here's what happens (SPOILER ALERT)

worth the wait imo

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

Dapper Dan posted:

If brevity is the soul of wit, then what is Star Citizen and 10 hours of SQ42?
The sole of a dried poo poo

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

HapiMerchant posted:

Please tell me you are very mondo serious about having a match. we can say there's been two 'celebrity' SA boxing matches!

I'm absolutely 100% serious. I once starred in an hour long documentary on UK national TV which later aired internationally, random Brazilians know who I am, the likelihood is that you think I'm lying, but I'm not.

Unknown rejected delusional insane game developer Vs. Internationally recognised traffic-lawbreaking motocross wheelie terrorist ... I think it would be a sellout event

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot

Laserpig posted:

Unknown rejected delusional insane game developer Vs. Internationally recognised traffic-lawbreaking motocross wheelie terrorist ... I think it would be a sellout event
I'm 95% sure I could break DSmart's spine with one kick not even joking. I'm not a violent man tho. Just sayin the man has no core, the kick would go right through him like jello. I kick like a horse.

SeaRoughAteTeaFore fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 2, 2016

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot
Hello Eminus Sleepus

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

We're not waving a red flag, we're practically beating you to death with it and the pole that's attached.

Oh, wait. We were support to put a flag on those poles?

MeLKoR posted:

Turns out there was no Nigerian prince, who would have thought?

The Nigerian prince was inside Chris the whole time!

EminusSleepus posted:

because SQ42 is not a game but a movie

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Well duh, it's not a game it's a dream.

Edit : ohoho! ^

It's a dreamy movie! :syoon:

czarmonger posted:

Have y'all seen the second alpha release? Although there is but a glimpse of everything they claim to be implementing, it still looks beautiful and basic functionality works. And yes there are bugs for the simplest of things, it is a loving alpha.

And I understand they are personally attacking critics which is immature, but from what I gathered, these critics claimed that the entire thing is fake and they are never actually planning to release a game. Seeing the alpha tells me that something is being developed.

I haven't been following this story at all, my introduction to the entire thing was reading OP's post a week ago, and then seeing FrankieOnPCin1080p put out a video of him playing around in the alpha.

It just feels like both parties are exaggerating their claims. The developers were over ambitious and short sighted with their timeline, as most grand scale MMOs take half a decade to produce. I don't think their intention was ever to take everybody's money and not deliver something, they just hosed up.

Ultimately I don't care--I was never planning on playing it in the first place, even after seeing the gameplay which looks pretty cool. I'm just curious as to why this is being treated like an intentional scam, and not a development fuckaroo that they are unsuccessfully trying to resolve. Fuckaroos happen to a lot of games, we just don't hear about them because they aren't publicly funded projects. I mean, how many games have collapsed during development because of poor planning and ever-growing issues? The answer is "a lot".

That's the inherent problem with crowd funding, and projects across all categories have gone under, never to be released because of a myriad of reasons.

So I guess my question is: all of you butthurt Star Citizen backers, or do you just like being dramatic?

No, but I have spent money on broken-rear end games before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaRoughAteTeaFore
Jan 2, 2016

by zen death robot
one of you scrubs should buy me an av. lord knows i've bought enough of them for you

• Locked thread