Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The only thing more powerful than the might of Fubuki's acquaintance, the power of her friends. :3: until Saitama gets out of the hole and punches Tatsumaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

BurningDance posted:

why am i excited to see a nameless mook stand up to tatsumaki's attack?

Dude's #2 B rank, he's not just a joke.

He is, however, about to be a smear on the ground.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Wait, did Lily make the jump from Murata's version to the webcomic?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

Wait, did Lily make the jump from Murata's version to the webcomic?

looks like they all did

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well ONE does write both versions.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tsob posted:

Is this the first time we've gotten a name for one of the members of the Fubuki group within One's version?

Eyelashes and Mountain Ape didn't come from ONE?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

RareAcumen posted:

Eyelashes and Mountain Ape didn't come from ONE?

I didn't realize Mountain Ape had been named prior to this point. Or that there was a guy called Eyelashes for that matter. I stand corrected.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I know that Mountain Ape and Eyelashes were part of the original, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time Lily has appeared in the webcomic. They were all male until now, no?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know that Mountain Ape and Eyelashes were part of the original, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time Lily has appeared in the webcomic. They were all male until now, no?

I remember a woman as an assistant helping as like a secretary/accountant when they were all pooling their strength together to buy a bigger car but I don't know if that was A) Lily and B) not just something new Murata was doing.

Edit:Mountain Ape was Mountain Wolf at first.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Ch-047-Read-Online?id=167315

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 1, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I remember a woman as an assistant helping as like a secretary/accountant when they were all pooling their strength together to buy a bigger car but I don't know if that was A) Lily and B) not just something new Murata was doing.

Edit:Mountain Ape was Mountain Wolf at first.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Ch-047-Read-Online?id=167315

That chapter was not in the webcomic but yes, that is where Lily was first introduced. That's what I was getting at. Lily is a Murata character who has now showed up in the webcomic. I suspect that the wolf thing is just a bad translation, because look at that guy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That chapter was not in the webcomic but yes, that is where Lily was first introduced. That's what I was getting at. Lily is a Murata character who has now showed up in the webcomic. I suspect that the wolf thing is just a bad translation, because look at that guy.

Yeah, I know. I just couldn't remember where Lily even showed up really. But her getting some acknowledgement in the webcomic is pretty cool.

Mountain Ape should obviously have always been his name.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Any idea when he's going to have the conclusion?

Edit: I quoted the wrong thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He said he was kinda poorly but that new pages should follow up shortly.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Tatsumaki reads very differently in ONE's version and feels a lot more weird and intimidating. Can't imagine this having the same tone if it ever gets animated. I hope Murata manages to get the weird side of her across properly, since she's been turned into a fanservice character.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Tatsumaki reads very differently in ONE's version and feels a lot more weird and intimidating. Can't imagine this having the same tone if it ever gets animated. I hope Murata manages to get the weird side of her across properly, since she's been turned into a fanservice character.

You mean Fubuki right?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fubuki feels very much the same in both versions. ONE's Tats seems like an unhinged midget by default, so it'll be interesting to see if Murata manages to do essentially the same with his pretty Tatsumaki.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

See, I had to ask because Tatsumaki and fanservice character just don't really mesh together that well to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tatsumaki is absolutely fanservicey as all hell in the Murata/Anime versions. Even outside of the anime's [close up shot of her rear end with no/tiny panties as she falls out of the plane here] moments, she's drawn to be sexy in a different way to Fubuki. It doesn't really translate all too well as sexy over in the west because we don't really fetishize loli style characters in the same way as Japan does.

The fact she reverts to ONE style drawing in Murata's does make her come across more funny than she does in ONE's because there's never any levity from her appearance in that.

I have no doubt that Murata will be able to make her intimidating and give a feeling of being a bit crazy when it comes to it. The guy's a wizard, after all and ONE still storyboards and writes it.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 2, 2016

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
waiting for saitama to sprout out of the earth any second now. he's taking an unusually long time.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 2, 2016

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe Saitama was defeated :ohdear:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fact she reverts to ONE style drawing in Murata's does make her come across more funny than she does in ONE's because there's never any levity from her appearance in that.

Well...

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

rotinaj posted:

Maybe Saitama was defeated :ohdear:

he's napping at the bottom of a surprisingly cozy chasm.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He's obviously just trying to consider how he should proceed from here, since force isn't an option and trying to get her to defer the fight didn't work. He might be all powerful, but he isn't all knowing. Coming up with a new method is going to take him a few minutes of thought.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lamebot posted:

he's napping at the bottom of a surprisingly cozy chasm.

It's probably this.
He doesn't give a poo poo, he tried to stop her being an rear end but he's out of fucks to give.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's actually just still falling. You can't jump off of nothing, after all! He's strong, but he can't double jump.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

RareAcumen posted:

He's actually just still falling. You can't jump off of nothing, after all! He's strong, but he can't double jump.

He probably can. He's been playing more video games with King so he probably has the idea now.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tatsumaki is completely drained of stamina. Fubuki and the Blizzard group are going to win, for sure.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

It's probably this.
He doesn't give a poo poo, he tried to stop her being an rear end but he's out of fucks to give.

This is not remotely how Saitama works.

If he is waiting, it'll be so Fubuki and Tatsumaki can sort this poo poo out on their own because him stepping in won't do anything to solve it.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

RareAcumen posted:

If he can kick so fast that the air can't move from beneath his foot fast enough he might be able to... It's the same reason things entering the atmosphere break up, the air can't move aside as quickly, gets compressed and heats up before getting shoved out of the way. If Saitama could move fast enough he could literally jump on air and have the bonus of leaving glowing foot prints behind him. Possibly. It might be like trying to jump on very soft ground.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Popo posted:

If he can kick so fast that the air can't move from beneath his foot fast enough he might be able to... It's the same reason things entering the atmosphere break up, the air can't move aside as quickly, gets compressed and heats up before getting shoved out of the way. If Saitama could move fast enough he could literally jump on air and have the bonus of leaving glowing foot prints behind him. Possibly. It might be like trying to jump on very soft ground.

Sir, I'd like to believe that One Punch Man, the series in which moderation is king and obsession turns you into a monster, is still more grounded than One Piece. :colbert:

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 2, 2016

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The series is One-Punch Man, not One-Kick Man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
saitama just has to punch reality until he was never dropped into a chasm at all

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Eventually Saitama will have to land somewhere unless he's coming out in Brazil. Then he can jump back the way he came.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Eventually Saitama will have to land somewhere unless he's coming out in Brazil. Then he can jump back the way he came.

Tatsumaki could break a lot of people's bones in the 30 seconds that might take.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It would not surprise me if Saitama could throw a punch with enough strength that the air pressure can stop him from falling or shoot him back up where he started.

'cos he's sort of broken.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

It would not surprise me if Saitama could throw a punch with enough strength that the air pressure can stop him from falling or shoot him back up where he started.

that would probably destroy a tectonic plate at the minimum.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Saitama probably can do all this stuff, but whether or not he knows he can is a different kettle of fish entirely.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Saitama could just punch the Earth and destroy it, destroying all monsters forever :colbert:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
What about all the monsters in space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I think Saitama and Sweet Mask already handled all of those.