Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Octuv

Once, the Maraviglia had seemed revolutionary. Such a glorious cacophany of madness, enough to strip away the inhibitions of the audience, enough to thin the veil and draw five of the Prince's children to join us in an orgy of violence and sensation. At the time, it seemed so...incredible. We thought we had found the depths of depravity when we had only scratched the surface. How ignorant we were! I can only look back upon that day with shame! Five daemonettes? Slaanesh could not have made Her meaning more clear if He had sent a note saying, 'TOLERABLE.'

One short of the Sacred Number, and the least of Her servants! And we thought it was anything but the most pitiful gesture of approval. But of course, at the time we knew little of Chaos, so our ignorance can perhaps be excused. From there, of course, we began to learn. We steeped ourselves in sound and sensation, pulverized the Loyalists to dust to feed our hunger for more. But in time, after that fool Horus's overconfidence cost us victory and forced us to retreat to the Eye, it all became...boring. Trite, predictable. Combat, to put it bluntly, became derivative. We ceased to push the limits. What was holding us back? Many claimed to know the answer, but none wanted to hear mine. The doom sirens, the sonic blasters; all of our weapons which relied solely on sound to shatter our prey? They were what limited us.

It had all become so predictable! Sonic weaponry is pure. Sonic weaponry is devastating. But when every single Astartes wields it, it ceases to be avant garde. What was once a tool of depravity becomes a chain of tradition, and how can you call yourself excessive if you only tread paths explored by others!? Sonic weaponry has its place in battle, but what orchestra relies on a single instrument? Perhaps, having once been a Librarian of our chapter, my connection to the Warp has rendered me jaded faster than my brothers, who cannot compare their music to the ultimate madness that is the depths of the Immaterium. Regardless, the Emperor's Children and our Noise Marines were stifling my creativity. Only on my own could I find a personal voice of hedonism. And found it I have.

Gaze upon my glory and despair! I have taken a simple heavy bolter and forged it into a daemon-mawed instrument to rival the shrieks of the most intoxicated Noise Marine! It mingles the roar of explosive shells with the howls of a thousand damned souls. As it tears my foes into bloody, mewling gore, it counters the pleasure of their destruction by tearing into my flesh with hungry, saw-toothed thorns. It offers a sensory overload far beyond that of a simple Blastmaster, and its intoxicating effect has only been enhanced ever since Slaanesh saw fit to reward my efforts by intermingling it with my own flesh. Now every salvo is accompanied by the feeling of red-hot internal mechanisms in action, sending waves of agony and ecstasy throughout my entire nervous system.

But despite this, I am unsatisfied, and I know why. No true artist can be satisfied until they have created their masterpiece. Slaanesh has granted me patronage; now I must create a work of sensation so extreme that tales of it will be whispered until the very last sentient being is consumed by Chaos at the end of time. Only once my ultimate work is complete will I will be worthy to be raised to Princehood, to stand at the Dark Prince's side for all eternity.

pre:
Name: Octuv
Archetype: Sorceror/Navigator
Alignment: Slaanesh 
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Regret
Motivation: Ascendancy

Characteristics:

WS:   30
BS:   50 (+20)
S:    30 
T:    40 (+10)
Agi:  40 (+10)
Int:  45 (+15)
Per:  40 (+10)
WP:   52 (+20 -3 Pride +5 Motivation)
Fel:  50 (+15 +5 Advance)

Wounds: 14 (15 +1 -2 Motivation)
Infamy: 52
IP: 5/5
CP: 32 (1+26 Starting +5 Disgrace)

Skills:

Acrobatics
Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (War)
Deceive
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Daemonology, The Horus Heresy, The Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Navigation (Warp)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy, Occult)
Scrutiny

Talents:

Ancient Warrior
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Excessive Wealth
Favoured by the Warp
Heightened Senses (All)
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Meditation
Mighty Shot
Mimic
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

PR 4

Thought Sending
Delude
Mind Probe
Precognition
Warptime

Traits/Mutations/Other:

Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Psyker (Bound)
Haunted: +10 to enemy Intimidate
Slayer Limb (Heavy Bolter)
Mark of Slaanesh
Unnatural Fellowship (+2)

Gear:

Legion Power Armour
--Black Legion's Armour
-Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
-Recoil Suppression
-Bio-Monitor and Injectors

GC Legion Power Armour (+5 Deceive)
--Scavenged Reconstruction
-Sustainable Power Source
-Auto-Senses
-Enhanced Ceramite Plating

Legion Bolter (4 Mags)
Legion Combat Knife
Legion Bolt Pistol (2 Mags)
Force Sword
BC Legion Heavy Bolter (Belt Feed, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Slayer Limb)
GC Shimmering Robes
GC Shrieking Soul
GC Rapturous Standard

Acquisitions:

GC Shrieking Soul (-50 Near Unique +10 Single +10 EW +20 Wealth -10 Good)

GC Shimmering Robes (-30 Extremely Rare +10 Single +10 EW -10 Good)

BC Legion Heavy Bolter w/ Belt Feed, Cursed Metal 
(-30 Extremely Rare +10 AW +10 EW +10 Single -20 Best +0 Up/Downgrade)

Pain Vents (Heavy Bolter) (-30 Extremely Rare +10 Single +10 EW)

GC Legion Power Armour (-30 Extremely Rare +10 Single +10 EW -10 Good)

GC Rapturous Standard (-30 Extremely Rare +10 Single +10 EW -10 Good)

XP Spent       5100/5100

Ancient Warrior-250		(U)
Mighty Shot-750			(N)
Charm-200			(S)
Deceive-200			(S)
Acrobatics-200			(S)
Mimic-250		        (S)
Excessive Wealth-250		(S)
Lightning Reflexes-250		(S)

--------------(Aligns Slaanesh)

Fel +5-100			(S)
PR 3-750			(U)
PR 4-750			(U)
Warptime-400			(U)
Favoured by the Warp-750	(T)
Wounds, Infamy 1, 1 :smith:
Power Armor Customization: 10 oh what the hell rng
Power Armor 2 Customization: 1

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, I'll roll your mutations. I'm going to assume your first mutation happened when unaligned, and your second happened after alignment. However, for ease sake, I am going to let you modify your rolls by your full current infamy bonus.

First mutation:
Option 1: rolled a 05
Addiction, animal hybrid, bestial, blood substitution

Option 2: Rolled a 76
warped appearance, mechanoid, nerveless anui, pervasive miasma, projectile attack, grossly fat, slayer limb(!), strange voice, additional limb

Second mutation:
Roll for Reward vs Infamy of 52: 22! Reward obtained!
Reward roll: 81
Mark of Slaanesh!

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Oh, there's where my luck was hiding. Literally couldn't have asked for better mutation rolls for what I've got in mind.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Yeah, if you want to slayer limb that heavy bolter I'll allow it. It'll still be a two handed weapon though, so you've have to support it with your other hand.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Will it still take a half action to draw it/put it away, or can I do that as a free action since it's pretty much just a matter of raising/lowering one arm? I would like to take slayer limb since it's pretty thematic, but infinite ammo isn't super necessary with a belt feed, so unless I can get some kind of concrete benefit out of it I can't justify gimping myself with a slayer limb when I could take additional limb to have a free hand while firing it or mechanoid to make up for my fragility.

Actually gently caress being a whiny bitch about it, I'm taking slayer limb no matter what your answer is.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 21, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Edgar Drozak

Lieutenant Drozak has been a member of the arbites for the better part of his life; he can recall that, earlier on, he was part of the scum he eventually decided needed to be managed. Growing up, Edgar was a member of a Hive gang, trying to stay one step ahead of the law while enjoying life as best as he could as fast as he could; in doing so, Edgar tried every drug available on his little shitball of a planet, and he knows now the price he paid for it. Surgeries, medications, and countless precautions to prevent the need for expensive bionics plagued him during his time on the force, but through it all he stayed at the top of his game.

But the game is always changing, and unfortunately, Edgar's top didn't stay the top for too long, and after years of being unable to keep up, he found himself handling work intended for only those with tenure. Infuriated by the way his life was going, Edgar pushed himself with his daily routine, feeling his lungs burning every time he reached his limit. Eventually, an Inquisitor, hot on the heels of some heretical warband, decided to enlist the help of the arbites, and selected Edgar for his team.

For some time, Edgar performed well with the Inquisitor, becoming a valued member of his retinue, until the ship was shot down over the planet of Messia. The Inquisitor died immediately on impact, as did several of the others in the retinue, but Edgar survived, and crawled free from the wreckage. All of the damage done in his youth and from his time trying to become stronger was aggravated by the caustic atmosphere of the planet, and Drozak would have died had he not been found by one of the locals.

Edgar was given a cocktail of drugs, some synthesized from the planet's air itself, to stave off death from his injuries. For weeks, he languished in the care of this individual, praying for release from his torment, and miraculously, relief came. One day, as he slipped in and out of consciousness, Edgar heard a soothing voice calling to him from beyond time and space. A horrific face filled his vision, something great and hideous but strangely benevolent, and the monstrous being filled him with honeyed words, promising him the strength and toughness that he longed to regain from his youth. Without hesitation, the ex-arbites pledged himself to the creature, pleading for succor.

When Edgar awoke, he did so with a deep gasp, feeling his lungs fill with air. He could taste the chemical cocktail, could feel his lungs burning pleasantly, rather than feeling as if shards of red hot glass were being shuffled through his body. On his chest, stinking and smoking, was the mark of the fly; he found the very air that had previously destroyed his body seemed to be preserving it, keeping him alive.

Name: Edgar Drozak
Archetype: Chem-Hunter/Arch-Militant
Alignment: Nurgle
Pride: Fortitude
Motivation: Immortality

Characteristics:

WS: 20 (25-5)
BS: 50 (25+5+20)
S: 45 (25+20)
T: 60 (25+5+5+5+20)
Agi: 42 (25-3+20)
Int: 42 (25-3+20)
Per: 40 (25+5+10)
WP: 35 (25+10)
Fel: 25

Wounds: 18
Infamy: 51
IP:
CP: 31

Skills:
Common Lore (Messia, Tech, Any Two)
Linguistics (Low Gothic, Messian)
Trade (Any One)
Acrobatics or Athletics +10
Athletics
Awareness +10
Commerce or Scrutiny
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Mutants, Archeotech)
Navigation (Surface)
Operate (Surface) +10
Operate (Surface) +10
Parry
Intimidate
Stealth
Survival
Tech Use +10

Talents:
Berserk Charge
Cold Hearted
Nerves of Steel
Hatred (Mutants)
Jaded
Lightning Reflexes
Light Sleeper
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Poisons)
Weapon Training (Bolt, Las, Primary, SP)
Marksman
Takedown
Technical Knock

Traits/Mutations/Other:
The Quick and the Dead
Habitual User: Chem-Hunters encounter toxins so often that their bodies have become quite resilient. When administering a dose of a drug or stimulant, a Chem-Hunter can choose to add +10 to any Skill Test Bonuses gained, +1 to any Characteristic Bonuses gained, or an extra die roll to the Duration of a drug’s effects. However, the required dose is so large that he suffers a –10 penalty to the Willpower Test to resist addiction. When determining Availability, treat the dose of the drug as standard size.

Taste of Home: Chem-Hunters are permanently addicted to a unique combination of pollutants that they have learned to combine or synthesize through necessity and trial and error. A dose of these chemicals is treated as Common for the purposes of Acquisition Tests and require one hour for the Heretic to combine and manufacture. Once administered, each dose of the drug grants the Chem-Hunter the Unnatural Strength (+1) and Unnatural Toughness (+1) Traits for 2d10 minutes. Two doses at once also grants the Frenzy Talent but requires a Routine (+20) Toughness Check to avoid taking 1d10 E Damage. Each subsequent dose imposes a cumulative –10 Penalty to this Check. This drug is dangerous to others and causes 2d10 Energy Damage with the Toxic (3) Quality if they consume it.

Haunted: Opponents always receive a +10 Situational Modifier when attempting to use Intimidation against the character.

Gear:
Good Craftsmanship assault shotgun w/Fire Selector and Extended Magazines
30m S/3/- 1d10+4 I 0 Pen 16/16/16 (max 16) Rnd 2 Full Scatter, Reliable

Best Craftsmanship stub revolver
30m S/-/- 1d10+3 I 0 Pen 6/6 Rnd 2 Full Reliable

Good Craftsmanship Bolter w/ Extended Magazine, Silencer, and Fire Selector
100m S/3/- 1d10+5 X 4 Pen 30/30/30 (max 30) Rnds 1 Full Tearing, Reliable

Good Craftsmanship chainaxe
Good Craftsmanship knife
magnoculars
injector
Common Craftsmanship respirator/gas mask
12 Barbed shotgun shells
12 Inferno shotgun shells
6 Tox rounds for the revolver
6 Man-Stopper rounds for the revolver
Vac-Sealed Heavy Carapace
3 clips of Metal Storm rounds
3 clips of Stalker Rounds
3 clips of Hellfire rounds

XP Spent 5600/5600
Chem-Hunter 4600
T+5 250
Sound Constitution 250
Bulging Biceps 500

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 30, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dyne, I want to get this updated Monday night and introduce you and dachshund. I would appreciate some fluff from you by then.

I'll also be giving out exp at that point, so your first posts will be spending more exp!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

Dyne, I want to get this updated Monday night and introduce you and dachshund. I would appreciate some fluff from you by then.

I got stranded in my home town thanks to flooding rains and my brakes going out so I didn't catch this message until pretty recently.

I drove from about 6 AM to 12 PM CST after getting to bed at 12 AM CST (hooray for my friend's five year old son) so I may be able to get some more substantial fluff up later on tonight, but if that's too long then go ahead and keep on with just Dachsund. I won't sigh post you. :v:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I'll just throw you in, but your first post in game better be amazing.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
a preview

John Dyne posted:

Edgar Drozak

Edgar farts.

Name:
Archetype: Chem-Hunter/Arch-Militant
Alignment: Nurgle
Pride: Fortitude
Motivation: Immortality

Characteristics:

WS: 20 (25-5)
BS: 50 (25+5+20)
S: 45 (25+20)
T: 60 (25+5+5+5+20)
Agi: 42 (25-3+20)
Int: 42 (25-3+20)
Per: 40 (25+5+10)
WP: 35 (25+10)
Fel: 25

Wounds: 18
Infamy: 51
IP:
CP: 31

Skills:
Common Lore (Messia, Tech, Any Two)
Linguistics (Low Gothic, Messian)
Trade (Any One)
Acrobatics or Athletics +10
Athletics
Awareness +10
Commerce or Scrutiny
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Mutants, Archeotech)
Navigation (Surface)
Operate (Surface) +10
Operate (Surface) +10
Parry
Intimidate
Stealth
Survival
Tech Use +10

Talents:
Berserk Charge
Cold Hearted
Nerves of Steel
Hatred (Mutants)
Jaded
Lightning Reflexes
Light Sleeper
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Poisons)
Weapon Training (Bolt, Las, Primary, SP)
Marksman
Takedown
Technical Knock

Traits/Mutations/Other:
The Quick and the Dead
Habitual User: Chem-Hunters encounter toxins so often that their bodies have become quite resilient. When administering a dose of a drug or stimulant, a Chem-Hunter can choose to add +10 to any Skill Test Bonuses gained, +1 to any Characteristic Bonuses gained, or an extra die roll to the Duration of a drug’s effects. However, the required dose is so large that he suffers a –10 penalty to the Willpower Test to resist addiction. When determining Availability, treat the dose of the drug as standard size.

Taste of Home: Chem-Hunters are permanently addicted to a unique combination of pollutants that they have learned to combine or synthesize through necessity and trial and error. A dose of these chemicals is treated as Common for the purposes of Acquisition Tests and require one hour for the Heretic to combine and manufacture. Once administered, each dose of the drug grants the Chem-Hunter the Unnatural Strength (+1) and Unnatural Toughness (+1) Traits for 2d10 minutes. Two doses at once also grants the Frenzy Talent but requires a Routine (+20) Toughness Check to avoid taking 1d10 E Damage. Each subsequent dose imposes a cumulative –10 Penalty to this Check. This drug is dangerous to others and causes 2d10 Energy Damage with the Toxic (3) Quality if they consume it.

Haunted: Opponents always receive a +10 Situational Modifier when attempting to use Intimidation against the character.

Gear:
Good Craftsmanship assault shotgun
30m S/3/- 1d10+4 I 0 Pen 12/12 Rnd 2 Full Scatter, Reliable

Best Craftsmanship stub revolver
30m S/-/- 1d10+3 I 0 Pen 6/6 Rnd 2 Full Reliable
Good Craftsmanship chainaxe
Good Craftsmanship knife
magnoculars
injector
Common Craftsmanship respirator/gas mask
12 Barbed shotgun shells
12 Inferno shotgun shells
6 Tox rounds for the revolver
6 Man-Stopper rounds for the revolver

Acquisitions:
4 -20 items

XP Spent 5600/5600
Chem-Hunter 4600
T+5 250
Sound Constitution 250
Bulging Biceps 500

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dyne, Dachshund, get in the game!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Bought Int+5, Wp+5, Deceive+10, Dodge+10, Inquiry, and sprint. Will have an actual rp post up tomm.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Oh, just so we're clear, the Drop pod is going to be an asset for use from this point on, either to drop yourselves, or supplies. Thankfully the dreadclaws are not only chaos as gently caress, but also can take off again, solving the problem of not having an infinite supply of drop pods.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Pfft, Pierre died before it was popular.

Sorry for dropping the ball on this one, guys. I miss you already.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Werix, what is your opinion on a minion horde of servo skulls carrying hand flamers?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Depends on the stats I guess.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Hey, it's fairer than a horde of servo-skulls with frag grenades.

e: Oh, incidentally, once we finish up with faking our own deaths, can I start trying to elevate my slayer limb heavy bolter to a Legacy Weapon? Not like I can put a daemon in the thing (safely).

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 2, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How about this:

Camael, the Necron(?) Reaper

"Good, isn't it? A classic aesthetic. Paid for it with a bit of my soul I wasn't using. Not sure what it is, fellow I bought it from - DarkMech, probably working for an Oblit but wouldn't say - claims it's a man of iron. Cranial structure and neurolinguistic programming style suggests some sort of Necron to me, but if it is he's lost almost his entire consciousness. Seems to be an elite variety from the capabilities of the frame. The power scythe is an obvious recent addition, but he's pretty good with it."

pre:
16 wounds

WS (40) [8]
BS (10)   
S  (30) 
T  (40) [8]
A  (40) 
I  (20) 
P  (35)   
WP (20)  
F  (15)  

Skills: 9
Acrobatics +10
Dodge +20
Parry +10
Pilot (Personal)
Stealth 

Talents: 11
Assassin Strike
Crushing Blow
Double Team
True Grit
Swift Attack
Counter Attack
Sure Strike
Precise Blow
Whirlwind of Death
Weapon Training (Power)

Traits: 7
Unnatural Toughness (4)
Unnatural Weapon Skill (4)
Dark Sight
From Beyond
Machine (6)
The Stuff of Nightmares
Regeneration (4)

Acquisitions: 3
V. Rare weapon 1: Power Scythe
V. Rare not weapon 2: Cameleoline Cloak
E. Rare Armour: Flip Belt
pre:
WS     BS     S     T      Ag    Int   Per   WP     Fel    Loyalty
40(8)  10     30    40(8)  40    20    35    20     15       70 

Wounds: 16/16        Movement: 6 (Hover)
Armour: 6 All (Machine)    Toughness Bonus: 8 
Dodge: 60	 Parry: 40          Stealth:  60

Immunity: Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, Stunning, Fear, Insanity, Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic

Crit damage after armour and toughness reduced by 8 (min 1)

Weapon         Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo    Clips  Reload  Special
Pwr Scythe     ---    ---    1d10+14E   7    -/-      -/-    -/-    Unbalanced, Power Field

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

My undead robot waifu is better than yours :colbert:

Speaking of which, whatever happened to whats-her-face, racoon-eyes, that Corvax was toting around?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 3, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

My undead robot waifu is better than yours :colbert:

Speaking of which, whatever happened to whats-her-face, racoon-eyes, that Corvax was toting around?

She's still around. She was last used at the big party the government threw when the rogue trader landed. I think she's been out of the loop, since it would have looked odd for her to suddenly be assisting the bad guys. Believe me, it isn't my intention to leave any of your minions out. Indeed, I like having them as something to shoot and kill.

RIP Ron.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Really really close to house ruling that minions cannot have incorporeal or phase.

Either that or you're never entering the Imperium again so I can throw daemons at you.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's completely vulnerable to anyone vaguely psychic or holy, and he only knows how to target one thing at a time with attacks that will miss most of the time. He's fine. I mostly just wanted him to float around and mope at people while annoying admech.

I did have yet another option. It's an eldar support weapon grav platform with a reaper autocannon sponson from a broken tank stuck on it. It's called SecRon.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Yeah, I just need to be a better GM and just figure out how to throw stuff at you that can handle those things.

Just thematically you're not going to run into psykers that much with the imperium, though thankfully the Deathwatch librarian is still alive as is the inquisition psyker that tried to mind probe you.

A lot of other factions lack psykers and daemons. If i put you up against necron or dark eldar, they don't really have any psykers or daemons that could touch those things. There is probably a reason that nothing I am aware of gives PCs those traits.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Werix posted:

Yeah, I just need to be a better GM and just figure out how to throw stuff at you that can handle those things.

Just thematically you're not going to run into psykers that much with the imperium, though thankfully the Deathwatch librarian is still alive as is the inquisition psyker that tried to mind probe you.

A lot of other factions lack psykers and daemons. If i put you up against necron or dark eldar, they don't really have any psykers or daemons that could touch those things. There is probably a reason that nothing I am aware of gives PCs those traits.

Imperial clerics and adepta sororitas can get a lot of stuff that will wreck them, and by extension so can the inquisition and high enough local authorities. Necrons will also gently caress up the warp very well.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You can reject him if you want, I will not be offended. I might replace him with one punch man though.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Werix posted:

If i put you up against necron or dark eldar, they don't really have any psykers or daemons that could touch those things.

Necrons have Canoptek Wraiths in the Tome of Fate.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Also Jolinaxas, sorry for having spaced on rolling your legacy weapon trait. I remembered last night when I was working on my own legacy weapon for dyne's new game, and when I went to roll it I saw you did already, and that's fine the way you did it.

Will try to get next post up before the weekend. I want to pick up my post schedule to be more often than my normal once a week rate.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On a completely unrelated note, there seems to be no way to get a pen score for your fists without using the Hammer Blow talent or the Warp Weapons trait (power fists don't count, obv.)

That makes it really hard to reliably hurt anyone with a damage soak of more than twelve. Scares the crap out of Guardsmen though.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Olan, any objection to me trying to stealth it? Between the agility and cham cloak and whatnot I've got tn 70+1dos on success. I'll hold off on posting until the 20th, barring an earlier reply.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Olan's on my team, yo.

Team Purple:
Corvax (jolinaxas)(has detonator and lascutter)
Dash (ronwayne)(Has two satchel charges)
Boli (goatface)

Team Blue:
Octuv (dachshund)
Vincent (onlanphonia) (has two satchel charges)
Edgar (John dyne)

You're asking Joli and Goatface.

I'm assuming Olan is A-Okay with me shooting a guy in the head with a sniper bolter so WOOP WOOP

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Yeah, I'm fine with that. Was ready to offer Corvax's camo-cloak, actually, until I saw that Dash had his own.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Go for it.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'm all for it.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Welp 90,92 with a reroll. :suicide:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good thing I brought the Krak grenades.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Ronwayne posted:

Welp 90,92 with a reroll. :suicide:

It's an opposed check and you only failed by, what, one or two DoF?

Just hope they fail by more than that.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dyne, with your shot at the poor waiting driver, any shots not to the head are going to have some armor from the car door. If at least one damage goes past armor and toughness he'll die; this isn't combat so I'm willing to go a little more narrative.

Just want to let you know that in case it might make you change from semi auto to called shot to the face.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

Dyne, with your shot at the poor waiting driver, any shots not to the head are going to have some armor from the car door. If at least one damage goes past armor and toughness he'll die; this isn't combat so I'm willing to go a little more narrative.

Just want to let you know that in case it might make you change from semi auto to called shot to the face.

Yeah do that. It's a hit either way I cut it; it's vs 60 with a single shot due to red-dot, and with aim cancelling the called shot.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

John Dyne posted:

Yeah do that. It's a hit either way I cut it; it's vs 60 with a single shot due to red-dot, and with aim cancelling the called shot.

Good deal. Saves you on ammo, and I can write about a guy's head silently detonating. Win - win all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

John Dyne posted:

It's an opposed check and you only failed by, what, one or two DoF?

Just hope they fail by more than that.

This reminds me, I always forget to give out the RT bonus...

In the future, if Corvax is around and only one person's doing something important, they should probably go ahead and assume they get it.