Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
caramelized onions: white or yellow

im talking real caramelized onions requiring deglazing and poo poo, no 10 minute saute with some light browning bs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
'Dines for dinner
'Dines for brunch
Hell, I'll have some dines in my lunch

Slatherin' some Sambal Oelek on saltines like jelly then plopping KO pepper 'dines right on top.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
'Dine Dad reporting in:

Eating KO Kipper snacks slathered in freshly prepared Colman's mustard, with plastic fork and paper plate, all the while scratching my back on the corner of the wall while watching The Wire

Am currently pleased

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I like using fresh white onions in sandwiches and stuff. It has a cleaner, crisper flavor than yellow and doesn't have the often excessive sweetness of red.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

guys please stay on topic. this is the dine thread, not the onion thread.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

ChrisHansen posted:

Got drunk last night and poured a tin of dines in hot sauce over a half bowl of cheez its. Mixed it all together and ate it like a bowl of cereal.

Was way better than I had any right to expect.

I mashed cheez its into crumbs, added a quarter cup of my fav hot sauce to a tin of dines and stirred in the crumbs until it started getting a thick spreadable texture, put that on some burnt toast and it was delicious.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A sandwich doesn't look right without the flash of red from an onion imo.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Goatfather posted:

guys please stay on topic. this is the dine thread, not the onion thread.

I WILL ALLOW ALL ONION CHAT ITT

ONION RANKING:

RAW
1) red for nonfatty things green for fatty things
2) white
3) shallot
4) yellow
5) sweet
6) leek

SWEATED
1) shallot
2) Cheapest unless you need color

CARAMELIZED
1) sweet
2) yellow

BRAISED (IN SOUPS OR ROASTS)
1) Motherfucking leeks forever
99) yellow
100) green for some Asian poo poo

ROASTED OR GRILLED
1) sweet

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I shared my first tin of deens with my wife and now she is begging me for the D(een) on a daily basis.

Mom food too?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

marauderthirty posted:

I shared my first tin of deens with my wife and now she is begging me for the D(een) on a daily basis.

Mom food too?

sorry dude: your wife is actually a dad

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't be sorry, friend. You ever been with a high maintenance bitch? I married this lady for a reason

Fluo
May 25, 2007

gonna get myself some whole cornish sardines https://thecornishfishmonger.co.uk/sardine-whole.html

Fluo fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 3, 2016

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Boyfriend won't eat dines, says he doesn't like the scales or bones. :mad:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Male Tears posted:

I think it's illegal to date a baby but I'm not a lawyer

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Male Tears posted:

Dump him and find a real man. :heysexy:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I'm a dad and this thread got me inspired
Bought 2 cans of KO tiny tots today gonna smush em on a English muffin tomorrow for breakfast.
Wife wouldn't touch that.
:gary: :coolfish:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Male Tears posted:

Well at least you know he can't get you pregnant.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey wolf-nuts whats up?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i had canned sardines today they wree p good

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i can see why this thread is gold now

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
The bones are the loving best part, your only option is sever imo

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
if one day a stranger approached you with a tub full of raw sardines would you bathe in them naked at hgis request while he takes pictures for his album?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you would let fresh sardine oil penetrate the pores of you skin and let you become one with the small dead fishie fishes also the ugy is masturbating now

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the stench of sardines fulls your nose and eyes as you slowly begin to feel that the gift of slef-awareness was a treasure stolen from fish-kind and instead betsotwed upon greedy underserving humans?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
if sardines disguised as men in blakc came knocking on your door one day, kidnapped you, then todl oyu everythign you have ever believed was a lie what woudl you do?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eat them

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
The bones I mean

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
thinking about sardines is not helping me sleep it's 2am god damnit

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
fish are gross

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
sardines are like the potato chips of the oceanic animal kingdom they're just there for everyoen to snack on

jesus please help me fall asleep

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
ok im asleep now

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

hey wolf-nuts whats up?

Just laying here on the floor wishign the light was off.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
if leeks are gonna be categorized as onions they need some special ranking. 'cause leeks lightly steamed and served with italian dressing or vinegrette are way better than any of the other onion types would be under the same preparation.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Are smaller sardines like regular King Oscars gutted, or is it like the bones in that everything is too small to matter? They don't seem to be cut along the belly, but maybe they can pull everything out the end when they remove the head. I've never cleaned a fish myself.

I tried some boneless sardines and it was just weird. Sardines without bones is kind of like beer without carbonation.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 3, 2016

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Are smaller sardines like regular King Oscars gutted, or is it like the bones in that everything is too small to matter? They don't seem to be cut along the belly, but maybe they can pull everything out the end when they remove the head. I've never cleaned a fish myself.

I tried some boneless sardines and it was just weird. Sardines without bones is kind of like beer without carbonation.

They are gutted. Apparently sometimes you can get one that still has guts and it tastes bitter, according to mouth-full-of-sardines blog guy. I do not know how they gut tiny fish.

czarmonger
Aug 16, 2008

ask me about my brothel
I'm about to bake some dines.

As a mustard dad I cannot approve of the mustard dines. They don't taste like dines, just poo poo mustard. I'm thinking of making my own mustard dines with more quality mustard.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
yeah, I've never liked mustard dines. Once in a blue moon I'll dip my oil dines into dijon, but that's pretty rare. bet some chinese hot mustard mixed with shoyu would be a masterful dine dip

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Male Tears posted:

I'm in the same boat. Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to share your 'dines. Dumbest thing I ever did was teach the bf to like oysters, now I have to share them. Not making that mistake again.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i'm still not convinced theres bones in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The only bone you'll see is the spine. It's mush