Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Chin posted:

I can't believe someone created that page without fully intending it to be a joke. That has to be satire. It'd be like if a medieval fantasy MMO was saying you could be a blacksmith with realistic horseshoe hammering action -- but you must have a player filling the role of apprentice to hold the tongs!

What is A Tale in the Desert? I thought it was cool but no-one played it.

Oh, thank you for suggesting Battlefield 4. It is good and fun game. It is taking a long time to unlock different items and such!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
I'm the tri-SLI 780ti rig constructed in 2013 to play STAR CITIZEN

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

WHAT EXCITEMENT HOW DO I PLAY THIS EXCITING ROLE?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Close eyes, dream

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

I suspect pressing a button

perhaps several times over the course of a session

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I just feel like I'm probably not going to get a refund. Don't think I'm going to try it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

Check out their rockstar repair mechanics page - none of which exists in the game as shown: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance

this is amazing ha ha

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Didn't puzzle pirates have multicrew ships where you could freely move between stations and each role had a noticeable and helpful impact on the ship's performance while being fun to play

And wasn't it a low-budget mmo made in the early 2000s

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

1stGear posted:

Didn't puzzle pirates have multicrew ships where you could freely move between stations and each role had a noticeable and helpful impact on the ship's performance while being fun to play

Sounds like the fidelity could be all kinds of hosed up though

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

1stGear posted:

Did it have 64-bit positions?

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
Just a little idea I think might add to the immersion of the whole product

colonial egg chef

types of eggs:
* chicken egg
* duck egg
* etc.
* caviar (cash shop puchase)
* kilrathi egg (black market, contraband)

prep methods:
kitchen operations analyst requisitions correct # of eggs to cooking stations from primary kitchen terminals
egg preparers perform preparation steps
delivery personnel deliver finished product to crew members

prep methods:
heat
cold
chemical

Freshly cooked eggs delivered to crew members at their stations are a healthy snack and they will fortify the crew member's steadfastness, ensuring that they never flinch, blink, or breath in the face of adversity while at their job terminal

The more I think about it, the better it would be to add some kind of kitchen ship to centralize this whole process from as part of a well organized squadron's overall fleet

brainstorm edit: maybe they could persuade smash mouth to come in to mo-cap eating the different egg types?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sillybones posted:

Oh, thank you for suggesting Battlefield 4. It is good and fun game. It is taking a long time to unlock different items and such!

Use those boosts you get from battle packs, there is no reason to save them ever. They also boost the unlocking of stuff.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kersch posted:

Just a little idea I think might add to the immersion of the whole product

colonial egg chef

types of eggs:
* chicken egg
* duck egg
* etc.
* caviar (cash shop puchase)
* kilrathi egg (black market, contraband)

prep methods:
kitchen operations analyst requisitions correct # of eggs to cooking stations from primary kitchen terminals
egg preparers perform preparation steps
delivery personnel deliver finished product to crew members

prep methods:
heat
cold
chemical

Freshly cooked eggs delivered to crew members at their stations are a healthy snack and they will fortify the crew member's steadfastness, ensuring that they never flinch, blink, or breath in the face of adversity while at their job terminal

The more I think about it, the better it would be to add some kind of kitchen ship to centralize this whole process from as part of a well organized squadron's overall fleet

brainstorm edit: maybe they could persuade smash mouth to come in to mo-cap eating the different egg types?

Post this on rsi in the most non offensive genuine way possible, god I wanna see it go on go on go on.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sandweed posted:

Use those boosts you get from battle packs, there is no reason to save them ever. They also boost the unlocking of stuff.

Oh, I thought that was like having to buy 'keys' to open them like in counter-strike/tf2. Oops.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Moving around resources gives me such a spergboner. But that's what openttd is for.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sillybones posted:

Oh, I thought that was like having to buy 'keys' to open them like in counter-strike/tf2. Oops.

Use your 50% and 25% boosts at all times. save 100 and 200 for double xp weekends since it stacks with the double xp :) The boosts also helps you unlock guns, veichle and class unlocks.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Mad Pills posted:

They are definitely starting to pile up now

I'm really surprised they have instances which allow this many players in them at once tbh.

e: wrong thread

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Decrepus posted:

I'm really surprised they have instances which allow this many players in them at once tbh.

e: wrong thread

I think your statement works just the same for SC though

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

vandalism posted:

I just feel like I'm probably not going to get a refund. Don't think I'm going to try it.

This is what they want you to feel.

If you've spent any more then the base package, then its probably worth the time to talk to your bank and see what they can do to help you out. You'll probably have to be insistent about it since they will see the long time frame and assume you are trying to cheat the system. You'll probably have the explain that the expectation for the games release was years after the payment, which is why you are asking for it now. They will want you to go through the refund process with CIG first though, so you may as well initiate it now, even if you are unsure about proceeding any further.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i hope they put pinball machines in SC that you can buy and keep in your space ship and the ball physics will be dependent upon what you have your artificial gravity setting is at

You just reminded me of something great. The space cadet windows pinball machine has better physics than SC does. It's free and works on win 7,8,even 10.

Heres a link, just played it for like 30 minutes and lost track of the time.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-7-3d-pinball-space-cadet-game/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

After his reaction to the chat window (which is basic but absolutely fine) I think he'd turn inside out with rage and wear his gonads as ear lobes. I really think he should stream it.

I loved his reaction to the chat because it's as if he's never pressed ENTER to talk in a MMO before. Which he probably hasn't.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Bundle of Keys posted:

Moving around resources gives me such a spergboner. But that's what openttd is for.

Friend, have you heard of Factorio?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I loved his reaction to the chat because it's as if he's never pressed ENTER to talk in a MMO before. Which he probably hasn't.

there is no MMO in the purgatory of Hollywood which is where he as been all along this past decade of absence in the gaming community

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

:lol:
I just... I would KILL to sit in the meetings where they discuss this stuff and listen to them talk about how and why this could ever be fun.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Holy loving :lol: That looks god awful. Its the incarnation of :smugmrgw:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not only in an MMO, but any multiplayer game ever. Imagine hitting 'send' in Battlefield with the mouse

2DCAT posted:

I just... I would KILL to sit in the meetings where they discuss this stuff and listen to them talk about how and why this could ever be fun.

It is just Chris Roberts talking for five hours and if you interrupt him and tell him his retarded ideas are impossible he goes into an autistic tantrum and shits his pants and fires you.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

2DCAT posted:

I hate to say this...but I would actually enjoy being a navigator or a shields operator...knowing you hold the life of your pals in your hands by your ability is a challenging and fun aspect to me.

Since quite frankly....as much fun as it would be to shove an aurora in an idris's rear end in a top hat...after a few times, it would lose its fun value.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Ffycchi posted:

I hate to say this...but I would actually enjoy being a navigator or a shields operator...knowing you hold the life of your pals in your hands by your ability is a challenging and fun aspect to me.

Since quite frankly....as much fun as it would be to shove an aurora in an idris's rear end in a top hat...after a few times, it would lose its fun value.

It'd be fun if it were Star Trek where you had to rotate your shield frequency and mitigate power and work with engineering to force more power from shields and other systems. Being a navigator would be fun in the 40k sense since you have to navigate through the hell dimension to where you are going and if you gently caress up demons will come on board and you end up like the Event Horizon.

The world of Star Citizen is sterile and lifeless, so these roles will consist of you pressing a button.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

Sounds almost as much fun as the mining gameplay.

EVE Online: Find asteroid. Target asteroid. Activate mining beams. Get minerals. Sell minerals on market.

Rebel Galaxy: Find asteroid. Aim mining beams at targeting points. Fire mining beams. Tractor in minerals. Sell minerals on market.

Star Citizen: Find asteroid. Scan asteroid to find center of mass and scan for analysis impact point. Fire analysis missile, manually guiding into indicated angle and location of impact. If analysis package insertion is successful, utilize mining beam to cut apart asteroid as guided by the material concentrations determined by the analytical materials processor. Avoid tragedy by using exothermic reaction detector to precisely determine beam power and avoid inadvertent explosion from thermally sensitive materials while simultaneously using laser seismometer to avoid detonating shock sensitive materials. Use fragment scanner to determine chunks of interest and then use a combination of tractor and repulsor beams to precisely control fragments of interest into input port. Optionally use refinery to control a series of specialized processing units to extract minerals of interest and reduce cargo space. Sell minerals on market.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

2DCAT posted:

Sandi: "Okay, so I used my PR powers to browse something awful called reddit and they keep asking for dumb stuff a drink-serving minigame. They also want pirate raping and incredibly limited progression where a player will have to play an entire year before they can afford even the most basic LTI. What do you think we should add, Chris?"

Chris, sitting in a director's chair with 'LUCAS' printed on the back: "Yes, yes, whatever they want. As long as it doesn't cause any delays of my wonderful script."

Meanwhile, Ben is polishing his knife-necklace. He eats whatever polish he doesn't use, and guzzles another 2L of Diet Root Beer™. "Waste not, Want not!"

*Thunderclap, followed by maniacal laughter as the camera pulls away from the Croberts estate*

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 4, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Dapper Dan posted:

Holy loving :lol: That looks god awful. Its the incarnation of :smugmrgw:

also worth keeping in mind that the character models for the other games looked about that good at least a year before final release in trade show demonstrations.

SQ42 is supposed to come out this year.

It's an instance where the "but it's allllppphhaaa" bleating doesn't work at all.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
By the way, was access to the SQ42 alpha ever part of the deal in terms of stretch goals? I mean, it seems weird that SQ42 will be coming out before Star Citizen but there's no mention of an alpha for it. Like, is SQ42 even in alpha at this point?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

EVE Online: Find asteroid. Target asteroid. Activate mining beams. Get minerals. Sell minerals on market.

Rebel Galaxy: Find asteroid. Aim mining beams at targeting points. Fire mining beams. Tractor in minerals. Sell minerals on market.

Star Citizen:

I think this is what you meant to say. I can't wait to see what interpretation of half these promises they end up settling on when they try and chuck this out the door.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Lime Tonics posted:

You just reminded me of something great. The space cadet windows pinball machine has better physics than SC does. It's free and works on win 7,8,even 10.

Heres a link, just played it for like 30 minutes and lost track of the time.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-7-3d-pinball-space-cadet-game/

nooooooooooooooooo this game! thank you

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

By the way, was access to the SQ42 alpha ever part of the deal in terms of stretch goals? I mean, it seems weird that SQ42 will be coming out before Star Citizen but there's no mention of an alpha for it. Like, is SQ42 even in alpha at this point?

I'm willing to bet that SQ42 is entirely divorced from what we're seeing on the PTU. My guess is they're using the code branch that birthed the current iteration of Arena Commander, mixed with some of the suddenly MIA Space Marine (my hypothesis here - sudden dropping of Space Marine, yet denying it's gone, followed by radio silence - my guess, the code was handed over to SQ42 devs with orders to "make this poo poo work in the single-player game"). The Manchester studio is the one working on SQ42 as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) and my guess is they've gotten the most recent sort-of-working code base for the above 2 modules, and they're going to work on that in a vacuum, cobbling together both of those shitheaps along with whatever mocap bullshit Chris sends over to them.

No PTU code will be in SQ42, and nothing released in SQ42 is going to make its way to the PTU. The work on SQ42 is to fulfill one goal and one goal only - to nullify legal action and keep their financials sealed.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 4, 2016

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen: Find asteroid. Scan asteroid to find center of mass and scan for analysis impact point. Fire analysis missile, manually guiding into indicated angle and location of impact. If analysis package insertion is successful, utilize mining beam to cut apart asteroid as guided by the material concentrations determined by the analytical materials processor. Avoid tragedy by using exothermic reaction detector to precisely determine beam power and avoid inadvertent explosion from thermally sensitive materials while simultaneously using laser seismometer to avoid detonating shock sensitive materials. Use fragment scanner to determine chunks of interest and then use a combination of tractor and repulsor beams to precisely control fragments of interest into input port. Optionally use refinery to control a series of specialized processing units to extract minerals of interest and reduce cargo space. Sell minerals on market.

Luckily nobody will interrupt this delicate process.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Scruffpuff posted:

The work on SQ42 is to fulfill one goal and one goal only - to nullify legal action and keep their financials sealed.

Quoting myself to add something I forgot - there is another goal to release this. To refresh the money-machine. One whales see something released, it'll validate their investment, and give them the mental boost required for Chris to continue fleecing them for everything they're worth.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Luckily nobody will interrupt this delicate process.

Nope not a single person will...I will absolutely not shoot them or poke them with my ship *lightly* or any of the above "griefing" activities as they get their precious ore.

No sir.

:a2m:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen Reality- Find asteroid. Aim beams at asteroid. Game crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sarsapariller posted:

Star Citizen Reality- Find asteroid. Aim beams at asteroid. Game crashes.

You're being generous. Alpha-SC is a race just to find the asteroid before a crash.

• Locked thread