Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

AlmightyPants posted:

What name are you under?

Andy (I forgot how to change my name).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I always appreciated that in HCTP, everything carried over season after season (and even if you decided to over with someone new halfway through a season).

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

I never really had a problem with Raw 2 but I think the issues started to crop up when you raised the difficulty above medium.

There was some cool stuff in the game. Beyond dropping boxes on people, which was awesome, it had...custom music in entrances, deep control over your pyro, the ability to run in circles, light back grapples (which was probably the weirdest omission about HCTP), more than 3 matches per card in career mode, a clear menu showing your stats/alignment/friends/enemies, the ability to choose what you wanted to do during a specific match on the card, the ability to select who you wanted to feud with through manipulation. I think it had a stamina system so having a bunch of matches without resting in between would cause issues. Unlike HCTP's weird thing where it would book you in a handicap match, a four way TLC and a backstage brawl all on the same show, which would give you like -8 if you lost everything. I also think it had the ability to skip a match your character was booked in. Which is all I wanted to do with the tag matches/4 ways/handicap matches I kept getting booked in with HTCP.

I didn't notice the trigger-based storylines. I started as Scott Steiner. Was approached by JR backstage telling me he was in his hometown. I didn't blow him off. And all of the sudden I was face Scott Steiner in a storyline against Bischoff for weeks. Good idea in theory but I wasn't having much fun trying to play it. Same with challenging a champion and seeing them have one or two finishers already stored. Or asking the GM for a title shot instead of getting into a feud with the champion.

Granted, I haven't played Raw 2 in over 10 years but still...I think a Raw 3 could have been one of the greats with one more pass of polish. The jump between Raw 1 and Raw 2 was insane.

(And Royal Rumble sucks anyways so anything that allows me to cheese it is cool in my book)

- edit I forgot the biggest feature that no wrestling game has done since. The ability to let friends drop in and out of your season mode. I think four local people could be playing season mode at one time.

A lot more stuff happens when you have the world title, and there's enough to do that you can probably run out an entire calendar year as champion without seeing all of the championship storylines. If you try to hold all 3 belts at once it will basically make you wrestle 12 times a month, because you hold all 3 belts. Certain things will only happen if you are at a certain overness, you can decline the really basic ones in favor of pursuing and defending a title, and it was really nice to be able to tear all the wrestlers I hated out of the roster and replace them with CAWs that the game would book for me and track their W/L and associated popularity, instead of staring at Universe mode and wondering why no one will drop a title unless I intervene personally to make them job.

For as open-ended as Raw 2 was, actually playing it was a really tedious, repetitive experience that made me hate that version of the Raw theme in a way you might never understand. If you haven't played it in 10 years, you might not like what you return to find.

I think HCTP, after many long years, has finally been surpassed by the newer games because of core gameplay issues and lack of newer features (I sure wish I could throw in 100 CAWs to HCTP), but it was the gold standard otherwise. The animations are actually still better than the stuff in 2K14 (haven't tried 2K15 yet).

It's really hysterical how many "new innovations" in the 2K series were in very old games. Legends of Wrestling 2, which overall is kind of a poo poo game, still has better commentary and context-specific move reversals. In 2004.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The GameCube WWE games had the only Royal Rumbles that were ever fun on a wrestling game

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've always liked the VPW engine Royal Rumbles, but they need a non-strike way to eliminate fools.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The Rumble should be the gamiest match in the game. Screw full time for replenishing eliminations, make them come out at like 20 second intervals. Screw any artificial way to keep people in ring, people should be getting tossed constantly. There should be like 50 different animations just for tossing people and that is not including just striking them over the ropes or knocking them out off the top. They should be context sensitive based on the weight class of the wrestler being tossed and who is tossing. I should be able to back body drop counter runners out like in the SNES WWF games and power-bomb fuckers over the top too. An attempt to toss someone should end with either stalemate, an eliminated tossee or a counter eliminated tosser. It should be the most fun you can have in the 5 to 10 minutes it takes to finish the match.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I started Supercard again and sent a request to LLJK, in-game name is Swaggamemnon.

So for this Season 2 stuff, I need to make sure not only to fully grind the card level, but also the level for all 4 stats and the special, before pro-ing the card? Is there anything else I should do to the card in order to make sure it has max possible stats?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Jenny Angel posted:

I started Supercard again and sent a request to LLJK, in-game name is Swaggamemnon.

So for this Season 2 stuff, I need to make sure not only to fully grind the card level, but also the level for all 4 stats and the special, before pro-ing the card? Is there anything else I should do to the card in order to make sure it has max possible stats?

Keep putting point tokens into the stats that are already good, don't try to buff up the bad stats to "fix" them. If you do you'll end up with a bunch of cards that aren't actually great in any matchup. I tried it once to verify and ended up with a Kane that was neither stronger than Orton or more charismatic than Bryan. He just lost at everything a lot.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

So has anyone else had never ending feuds in Universe mode? Sasha and Summer have been feuding over the Diva's title for the past three years.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There are ally / enemy standings held over from before the rivalry system that probably influence the random seed of the automated rivalries to a significant degree. An unscientific reading indicates that they heavily factor into 2k16 Survivor Series rivalries. Presumably if you make two factions and set them as enemies of each other they would be slotted into those roles.

I don't know how heavily you've invested in Diva CAWs but depending on how you distribute your roster you could end up with fairly static rankings, which won't help. It also seems as though the system will try to set rivalries around similar stat distributions, which makes sense. You get something approximating card position automatically implemented. Ostensibly the boosting / chilling effects of momentum on stats should shake things up, but they don't seem to in practice.

A lot of the time I wish you could disable automatic rivalries but keep in the traditional ones (rumble, Undertaker, SS, etc). Without them on you get #1 contender matches on the go-home shows and it helps to vary things up. You don't miss a ton, though obviously things like the new injury system and the like are harder to take advantage of without that focus.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 20, 2015

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Majinfoose posted:

So has anyone else had never ending feuds in Universe mode? Sasha and Summer have been feuding over the Diva's title for the past three years.

I've had rivalries that will say "-2 weeks remaining", "-4 weeks remaining", etc

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Majinfoose posted:

I made a Ted DiBiase vs Bret Hart feud ages ago and it's never stopped.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
You can always just manually edit someone's ranking to the bottom of the list, which should knock them out of contention for a while unless their momentum is high.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the legends pack is up and theyre selling the terminator DLC separately it looks like. havent tried any of it idk

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If anyone's wondering abt the Terminator moves, both T1 and T2 use a signature standing knee smash that's not very spectacular. T2 has a "claw slam" (choke slam w/ face holding instead of neck holding) as a finisher. What I'm assuming will interest most people is that T1's "Terminator Spike" is actually a Kobashi-style burning hammer, as opposed to the Tyler Reks-style reverse fireman's carry slam that goes by that name.

In my game the Terminators (and their manager, Mikey Whipwreck) have successfully defended the WWE tag titles for 116 weeks

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

1st AD posted:

You can always just manually edit someone's ranking to the bottom of the list, which should knock them out of contention for a while unless their momentum is high.

I just deleted their fued and it seemed to do the trick, after Sasha became champ 17 times.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Silly 2K! You finally put the Big Bossman in a game but you give him the Akeem theme rather than Hard Times. Don't get me wrong - jive soul bro rules, but I really wanted his real theme.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Silly 2K! You finally put the Big Bossman in a game but you give him the Akeem theme rather than Hard Times. Don't get me wrong - jive soul bro rules, but I really wanted his real theme.

It could be worse! I was half expecting him to have his Attitude era theme again, like in Legends of WrestleMania.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Attitude Bossman would have been a good fit for the theme of this game, but classic is cool. Finally get a good set of standing sleeper holds, and one from behind even. Trish's Roundhouse kick looks great too.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also the new Perfect Plex animation is great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

remusclaw posted:

Attitude Bossman would have been a good fit for the theme of this game, but classic is cool. Finally get a good set of standing sleeper holds, and one from behind even. Trish's Roundhouse kick looks great too.

I was gonna say all of those were already in, then I went and checked the movesets and nope, new animations. And yes, the Chick Kick looks loving BRUTAL.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I was surprised that it was late 80s heel Bossman instead of 90s face Bossman, but I'm OK with it. Gives me a good excuse to download an Akeem, and you can never have enough of those.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm glad Jive Soul Bro is in the game so that when I get the game I can make all faces come out to Jive Soul Bro and all heels to the Ministry theme.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Does anyone have a good guide or LP of Total Extreme Wrestling? picked it up since it was on sale but jesus, there's so many buttons

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Geektox posted:

Does anyone have a good guide or LP of Total Extreme Wrestling? picked it up since it was on sale but jesus, there's so many buttons

A general tip is to start as a small company, rather than WWE (If you're using a real world scenario). Booking an event or two a month using a small roster is way more manageable than trying to juggle a huge roster running 3 shows a week.

Have you played the old version, EWR at all? It might be a good starting point if you've never touched a booking sim before, it has the same basic framework but with way less to manage.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I will agree with Triplexpac here on playing EWR. I have played these games on and off since they were really simple, and the last one that hit the sweet spot for me was EWR. It is complicated enough to be interesting, but not so much so that everything drags. I have bought a couple of the TEW games, and I just cant find the patience to put the time into them that I could and occasionally still can with EWR. I mean, you might as well try one of the early ones, as they are free now, but do try EWR as well, I still think it is the most fun of the games, for whatever value of fun can be had with this kind of management sim.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I could never get into a TEW game before 13. I've probably put in 200 hours into 13, I really like it.

Right now I'm playing a 1995 WCW scenario, booking my promotion around Lex Luger. He's the man.

I'll be getting WWE 2K16 for Christmas tomorrow, I'm looking forward to getting into it.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Awesome, I hadn't heard of EWR before, downloaded the game and a roster update and ECCW is in there, haha.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mikey Whipwreck knows a sure thing when he sees it.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Does accessing community creations require a Playstation Plus membership?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Mayostard posted:

Does accessing community creations require a Playstation Plus membership?

No. PS+ is only needed for online play.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Got 2k16 today and I wanna see some freaks in my career so hit up ShootaBoySA on PS4 with something suitably goony.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I'm not home but add me anyway, Golashes. Get ready for Bruiser Stevens to ruin your day.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flashy_mcflash posted:

also, haha, Rovert just won the IWGP IC title from Liger on that brand.

Did he use a scoop slam?

EDIT: And I just picked up 2k16 for the Xbone, so feel free to add me PopeCorkytheIX

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
God the Showcase mode is so lame. Yes I would love to watch every match end in a cutscene, I didn't want to actually play.

I swear half the matches are mostly cutscenes so far.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
I miss when they made storylines based on crazy poo poo, like when Candice Michelle had a magic wand or when Edge & Christian had a time machine. Basically, make 2K17's story mode into WWE Immortals.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did he use a scoop slam?

Liking this a lot

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtdwpZxmGYs

I kinda wish there was another storymode like Wrestlemania 19 with the incredibly high body count that comes with it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Came across Supercard and will send a request to the goon group. Any good guides to get going in the early game? The help function isn't really helpful.

Edit: or not, the group is full :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

IllegallySober posted:

Came across Supercard and will send a request to the goon group. Any good guides to get going in the early game? The help function isn't really helpful.

Edit: or not, the group is full :(

Sorry, we're full up at the moment.