Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

My first instinct was to agree with you, but then the phrase "don't stick your dick in crazy" came to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

jimbob rimjob

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Buttcoin purse posted:

My first instinct was to agree with you, but then the phrase "don't stick your dick in crazy" came to mind.

What's the worse that could happen?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Most people are able to read emotions in the faces of others.

Beep boop

In the Assburgers pit that is Something Awful, there's no way we're reading "dead empty eyes" as often as gets posted here. Most of the time it's just a bad picture.

I wouldn't even call Anna Duggar's eyes 'dead'. Nervous? Out of place? Overwhelmed? Unhappy? Sure. But comparing her with this:

You'd have to see some serious poo poo to be a mid-20's White lady of relative privilege and have cold empty eyes.

(and I realize that's the 1,000 yard stare and not 'dead eyes' but gently caress all I'm not typing 'dead eyes' into GIS)

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

i think thats what u look like if a mage casts Dire Charm on u

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
The thing about this is, if the Duggars are telling the truth, or (more likely) if Jim Bob and Michelle have persuaded themselves that the narrative they are spinning is true, then they likely think they absolutely took the appropriate steps to help their son and protect their daughters.

As self-proclaimed Christians, they HAVE to forgive Josh or they are violating their own doctrine. And why would you take him to the police? He's a sinner, but not a criminal; he's not one of those actual perverts like the gays or transsexuals who have parades to celebrate their sin. Josh was just a young man who was influenced by Satan to be impure, and he apologized and sought forgiveness (which was all he need do).

They sent him away to a trusted, church-affiliated friend who said he could help Josh and give him some time away from the environment that caused him to stumble in the first place. Time for him to reconnect with God and study the Bible's teachings, to strengthen his faith and resolve before he returned to the fold. To them, it was therapy, and better than any secular psychiatrist or program could be, because it's Josh's faith, his relationship with God and his salvation that are at risk here, and no therapist could fix that. Once Josh was on the path of righteousness again, he would not be a threat to his sisters and his salvation would be secure. He may even be stronger and have a better relationship with both Christ and his family because of it.

This is the level of disconnect with reality we're talking about here. When everyone's a sinner sin doesn't matter as long as you're really sorry and try not to do it again. Jim Bob and Michelle aren't trying to trick everyone into believing they did the right thing, they truly believe they did the right thing!

That's the worst part of all this: the desire to live apart from the world and avoid secular life and teachings has insulated them to the point that they literally don't live in the same reality as we do.

I'm not defending them. Not knowing you're wrong certainly doesn't make you right, and in my opinion they are all culpable for what has occurred and what deplorable things will yet occur due to their misaligned teachings and beliefs.

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
Oh and, Rim Job Bugger.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Krispy Kareem posted:

In the Assburgers pit that is Something Awful, there's no way we're reading "dead empty eyes" as often as gets posted here. Most of the time it's just a bad picture.

I wouldn't even call Anna Duggar's eyes 'dead'. Nervous? Out of place? Overwhelmed? Unhappy? Sure. But comparing her with this:

You'd have to see some serious poo poo to be a mid-20's White lady of relative privilege and have cold empty eyes.

(and I realize that's the 1,000 yard stare and not 'dead eyes' but gently caress all I'm not typing 'dead eyes' into GIS)

its not the thousand yard stare. its like a fundi stare or some poo poo. you can see it well in bachman.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

dreadspork posted:

The thing about this is, if the Duggars are telling the truth, or (more likely) if Jim Bob and Michelle have persuaded themselves that the narrative they are spinning is true, then they likely think they absolutely took the appropriate steps to help their son and protect their daughters.

As self-proclaimed Christians, they HAVE to forgive Josh or they are violating their own doctrine. And why would you take him to the police? He's a sinner, but not a criminal; he's not one of those actual perverts like the gays or transsexuals who have parades to celebrate their sin. Josh was just a young man who was influenced by Satan to be impure, and he apologized and sought forgiveness (which was all he need do).

They sent him away to a trusted, church-affiliated friend who said he could help Josh and give him some time away from the environment that caused him to stumble in the first place. Time for him to reconnect with God and study the Bible's teachings, to strengthen his faith and resolve before he returned to the fold. To them, it was therapy, and better than any secular psychiatrist or program could be, because it's Josh's faith, his relationship with God and his salvation that are at risk here, and no therapist could fix that. Once Josh was on the path of righteousness again, he would not be a threat to his sisters and his salvation would be secure. He may even be stronger and have a better relationship with both Christ and his family because of it.

This is the level of disconnect with reality we're talking about here. When everyone's a sinner sin doesn't matter as long as you're really sorry and try not to do it again. Jim Bob and Michelle aren't trying to trick everyone into believing they did the right thing, they truly believe they did the right thing!

That's the worst part of all this: the desire to live apart from the world and avoid secular life and teachings has insulated them to the point that they literally don't live in the same reality as we do.

I'm not defending them. Not knowing you're wrong certainly doesn't make you right, and in my opinion they are all culpable for what has occurred and what deplorable things will yet occur due to their misaligned teachings and beliefs.

Spiritual absolution does not remove the onus of worldly punishment. It merely secures your place in paradise. Jesus didn't say to to the theif on the cross, "thanks for believing in me and feeling sorry about that bad stuff you did. Let me magic you off of that torture device so you can live a long and comfortable life, bro."

He said, "hey, poo poo looks bad now, but in a few hours, when you finally expire in unimaginable anguish, know that we're gonna be chillin' together in paradise, bro. Thanks for having my back. Ok, I gotta go back to slowly suffocating by way of tortuous effort to gasp for every raspy, panicked breath. Y'all mortals is hosed up."

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Pvt.Scott posted:

Spiritual absolution does not remove the onus of worldly punishment. It merely secures your place in paradise. Jesus didn't say to to the theif on the cross, "thanks for believing in me and feeling sorry about that bad stuff you did. Let me magic you off of that torture device so you can live a long and comfortable life, bro."

He said, "hey, poo poo looks bad now, but in a few hours, when you finally expire in unimaginable anguish, know that we're gonna be chillin' together in paradise, bro. Thanks for having my back. Ok, I gotta go back to slowly suffocating by way of tortuous effort to gasp for every raspy, panicked breath. Y'all mortals is hosed up."

I agree completely, Josh should be in jail and the parents should be prosecuted for covering up the truth and leaving their other daughters (and possibly sons) vulnerable to a known sexual predator.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

dreadspork posted:

Yeah I think their mindset compares to medieval medicine where bloodletting was the answer to whatever ailed you.

Financial woes? Pray to god. Feeling depressed? Read your Bible. Incestuous pedophile in the house? Prayer time! At least they seek medical attention when one of them needs emergency care, instead of just holding a prayer circle.

But they weren't always this fundie, especially Michelle. I hope what we're seeing now is peak fundie because I can't even imagine what it would look like if they decided to become more insular, religious and weird.

I have to hand it to the background Duggarette for not looking super grossed out at what she was witnessing. Girl knows how to keep her face on.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its not the thousand yard stare. its like a fundi stare or some poo poo. you can see it well in bachman.

Bachman is also 60 years old and gets to listen to her husband talk about all the gay kids he's rehabilitated when she is perfectly aware he hasn't plowed her since Clinton's first term. She's a special snowflake full of crazy.

I don't like the Duggar lifestyle, but it's not bad enough to give the children cold empty eyes and dead stares that early in life. They'll need another 20-30 years of disappointment and absolution before they get some really bitching dead stares.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Lacey posted:

I have to hand it to the background Duggarette for not looking super grossed out at what she was witnessing. Girl knows how to keep her face on.

:eng101: Countenance.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

:eng101: Countenance.
You forgot to also translate "girl" into "godly, stay-at-home daughter".

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
the shadow over Jim Bob

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
if i were able to, i would go to my hair dressed and show her a jim bob photo and say "make this me". alas, i do not jim bob hair have.

so is anyone up for the jim bob bob challenge?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Rambling Robot posted:

if i were able to, i would go to my hair dressed and show her a jim bob photo and say "make this me". alas, i do not jim bob hair have.

so is anyone up for the jim bob bob challenge?

Jim'll Fix It.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

dreadspork posted:

Ol' JB has openly advocated for the execution of people guilty of committing incest, though. Why not let the church deal with such sinners rather than the state, if what you suggest is true?

He clearly considers it a crime worthy of judicial attention. He's just a massive hypocrite in this case because it would affect him personally to follow his own rules.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 4, 2016

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Duggars are on TV and they are part of tiny Christian cult. TV is also their only source of income and the only way they can afford their ridiculous way of life. Everyone outside of their tiny community is practicing the wrong brand of Christianity.

I would not be surprised if they knowingly lied about Josh or anything else. They are right. The rest of the world is wrong. No matter how Christian they say they are, it's all about preserving their family and their income because at best everyone outside their cult are wordly Jew sodomites who are deaf to Christ's Word or at worst knowing sinners who freely cavort with the devil. And either way it justifies them getting as much money as they can by lying.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

When we get the duggar/honey boo boo crossover, you'll know the end times are here

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

PathAsc posted:

When we get the duggar/honey boo boo crossover, you'll know the end times are here

"Dollar makes me holler!"

*Josh Duggar emerges with a silver dollar, making slot machine jokes*

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Josh would give her a boo boo that will never heal.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Honey Boo Boo already had a live-in pedophile though

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

RaceBannon posted:

I always wonder about this when people bring it up. How do you spot "empty" eyes?

ThirdPartyView posted:

Michele Bachmann's eyes.

BrigadierSensible posted:

As someone else has already said, the "crazy eyes" is part crazy, part having to smile and be happy all the gad-damned time. (Because unhappiness is a sin, evidence of sin).

Do you mean the Thousand Yard Stare? I googled (Bing Bob) a bunch her and she has the Tom Cruise eyes.

Buttcoin purse posted:

Stick your dick in all you want, but always have a working exit strategy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

bobjr posted:

Josh would give her a boo boo that will never heal.

I laughed, and then felt physically ill.

Good work, I guess :smith:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

the shadow over Jim Bob

The Duggars in the Walls

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Sometimes that Duggar, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a Duggar, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I am Jim Bob Duggar and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the Jim of his Bob?

No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

JIMBOB.

A closet where the artist would not fear the censor.
Where devout would not be bound by petty morality.
Where Josh would not be constrained by lack of consent.
And with the Jim of your Bob,
JIMBOB can become yours as well.

--- James Robert Duggar

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 4, 2016

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Lacey posted:

Pray to god. Feeling depressed? Read your Bible.

This pretty much left my mental illness untreated until I had lost my faith, become a non-functioning alcoholic and then had to go on disability at 27 because I'm too hosed up to hold a job. I might be better in a few years. :smith:

Note, I've needed help since my early teens or before.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

This pretty much left my mental illness untreated until I had lost my faith, become a non-functioning alcoholic and then had to go on disability at 27 because I'm too hosed up to hold a job. I might be better in a few years. :smith:

Note, I've needed help since my early teens or before.

Wait, which translation of the Bible did you read?

Because the NIV would have fixed you right up.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Geoj posted:

Sometimes that Duggar, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a Duggar, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'.
We're gonna need a bigger girl's room.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Krispy Kareem posted:

Oh poo poo, this whole time I wasn't reading an inspired translation! This religion thing is complicated!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
jirb berb

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BrigadierSensible posted:

As someone else has already said, the "crazy eyes" is part crazy, part having to smile and be happy all the gad-damned time. (Because unhappiness is a sin, evidence of sin).

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

You Godless heathen, if you aren't reading the NRSV, you're going straight to Hell and I'll be happy to expedite the process.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Geoj posted:

Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

:agreed:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jim Bob and Joshua, at sex rehab

Michelle, when the veil fell

The daughters, their legs open

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Jim, his Bob glistening in the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
A Jim in my Bob???!!!

• Locked thread