Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

BurningDance posted:

I thought Orion was the bear and is a male.
Yes, but artemis is hard to spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Orion and Artemis are a two for one package, so unless you really need to specify it doesn't matter which name you use. :v:

E: oh wow I literally just now realized the anime avatar on my posts is not in fact a new newbie avatar. Who the hell bought me this and why didn't they bother to at least add some redtext or something?

Kyte fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 2, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Aumanor posted:

On the other hand, I'd recommend rolling on 5th Jan EST, for the highest Scathach probability. With the addition of Tesla and the upcoming Arjuna there will be a whole lot of gold Archers that can really gently caress you over as a boss of a high-level quest, and she's the best there is at dealing with them. And due to being limited she'll be pretty hard to get as a support.

Thanks! It's Scatha I want. :)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I got Frankenstein's Monster with a ticket! Saving the last few I have in hopes of getting Scatach later... (granted I have enough quartz for two 10 rolls but yeah).

Frankie's yells and screams are pretty hilarious.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Compendium posted:

I got Frankenstein's Monster with a ticket! Saving the last few I have in hopes of getting Scatach later... (granted I have enough quartz for two 10 rolls but yeah).

Frankie's yells and screams are pretty hilarious.

Do the tickets work differently from Quartz or is it just like having 4x Quartz?

e: Also thanks Mr. Boat person on my friend's list whose Oda Nobunaga single handedly carried my team through today's 40 AP quest.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Do the tickets work differently from Quartz or is it just like having 4x Quartz?

e: Also thanks Mr. Boat person on my friend's list whose Oda Nobunaga single handedly carried my team through today's 40 AP quest.

You can't do a 10-draw with tickets, that's the only difference.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

60 quartz and 20 tickets still didn't get me Frankie. :negative:
At least on the upside I got Babbage's NP maxed and every silver except caster Gilles. I guess its time to hoard back up and wait for something else.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I managed to snag a dupe of Arturia with a 10-roll but no new gold servants.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
A 3* changed over to Franken-waifu. No Arturia Lancer, but that will do until I get another 21 quartz.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lancelot's NP hits hard, but he has the durability of a paper bag, even compared to other Berserkers. :negative:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Man, E Pluribus Unum is going to be nuts. Berserk-Burr, Paul Rider, Caster Carleton...

Who get's the ol' switcheroo, do you think?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Did a ticket roll again and...

My first five star! :swoon:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Arbite posted:

Man, E Pluribus Unum is going to be nuts. Berserk-Burr, Paul Rider, Caster Carleton...

Who get's the ol' switcheroo, do you think?

USA has the title "North American Mythology War" and given Karna & Arjuna and some of the datamined servants I suspect it might be indian myth vs indian myth.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

VICTORY

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I just burned a bunch of 3-star stuff to get enough Mana Prisms for a Summon Ticket and somehow got 12 million QP. Not that I'm complaining, I had 300k before, but still, that seems strange?

Also did the Scathach summon and pulled her (yay) and a Kaleidoscope essence. I need a billion more levels before I can think about equipping craft essences (can't even use Scathach right now), but it looks quite strong.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Wuxi posted:

got 12 million QP. Not that I'm complaining, I had 300k before, but still, that seems strange?
I will post about the Live Stream event reward when i get home.

quote:

Also did the Scathach summon and pulled her (yay) and a Kaleidoscope essence.
drat, this is a great roll.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yessss. Drew Scathach on my seventh Summon Ticket - was starting to get annoyed after 5 of the preceding 6 had been 3* CEs, but all's forgiven. Now debating whether to blow my other seven, and possibly a 10 roll, in an attempt to get another copy.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 4, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Blew a 10-roll for the heck of it since it's my birthday today, but just mediocre pulls and 3*s. Couldn't even get me a Diarmuid! :argh:

Guess I'll wait until the gacha resets for a different rate up before I do another roll for 10.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cool, I got the Zouken CE.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nyaa posted:

I will post about the Live Stream event reward when i get home.
For those who didn't follow last night's Nico Nico live stream event, they gave rewards based on the following rule:

2 Dice will be rolled during the stream

Number of QP given will be based on 1m * Rolled number

Number of Quartz given will be based on the total Rolled number of the 2 dice, Up to 12

Naturally, the voice actors of Arjuna & Mashu rolled it fair and square to get us the 12 mil,12 quartz, some Summoning ticket and 4 Golden Apples today.

Fan Art

Arjuna's pose during his NP.

Other notable things
- Viewer requested Mashu voice actor to say 'little sister's lines'.
- A collaboration announced for Feb! No details yet.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I can't wait for it to be a Tsukihime remake collab that adds in berserker Arc.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I loving knew Babbagebot was familiar he's Cherno Alpha!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I wonder if Nasu will break his "100 years at least" rule for someone like Vassily Zaitsev or the White Death; but there's probably plenty of Russian and Finnish Heroic Spirits available from ancient times to be honest, like Koschei or whoever is the protagonist in the Kalevala; Lemminkainen?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I want Hitler as a Servant

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I didn't get any notable servants with the tickets and quartz I've obtained since getting Mordred, but I got another Kaleidoscope as consolation from the very last roll :toot:

My farming line-up looks really good now since I can switch in a sub (Lancelot/Nobu/Caster Liz/Santa Alter) and wreck face with multiple NPs. I just need the levels to support the total cost :negative:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

...Huh. Decided to spend some more Summon Tickets tonight and managed to get a second copy of Scathach in three. Much as I'd love to try and max her NP out, I think I've stretched my luck enough for one day, and unlocking her NP bar up to 200% is a real prize in and of itself. As great as she is, I do need the rolls for other Servants too, after all.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I got these:

And

Looots of CE's? I got a second of the Einzbern maids in a summon ticket pull.

So I equipped Mashu's CE there onto Mashu and does it only work for the first turn? I don't get a button.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, Essences activate the moment that servant enters the fight. Outside of the clothes that give you a skill to swap your servants in-battle, you have no control over their activation.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Freak Futanari posted:

I want Hitler as a Servant

I don't have a 5* and won't spend $$ with these rates but this would be the one character that would do it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Schubalts posted:

Yes, Essences activate the moment that servant enters the fight. Outside of the clothes that give you a skill to swap your servants in-battle, you have no control over their activation.

I thought backline CEs still had their turn counters progress?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

They don't, intentionally or because it's bugged. Mashu has become a good example of it, with how people are using her as an NP sponge by giving her a dodge/invincibility CE, and swapping her in to taunt.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Schubalts posted:

They don't, intentionally or because it's bugged. Mashu has become a good example of it, with how people are using her as an NP sponge by giving her a dodge/invincibility CE, and swapping her in to taunt.

It's likely intentional. Makes no sense otherwise. I'd thought it was bugged to progress, actually.

Oh right, tomorrow they're finally fixing Black Holy Grail among some other minor stuff.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I wonder if Nasu will break his "100 years at least" rule for someone like Vassily Zaitsev or the White Death; but there's probably plenty of Russian and Finnish Heroic Spirits available from ancient times to be honest, like Koschei or whoever is the protagonist in the Kalevala; Lemminkainen?

Tesla and Mata Hari are in already

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
All born before 1900. :v:

(It's not really meant to be a hard limit. Last HS (they know of) is 'about 100 years ago'. Emiya is the walking counterexample. There might be more, but you wouldn't have a link to them anyways, 'cause you can't have a catalyst for something that doesn't yet exist. (Before anyone asks: Emiya had the catalyst for Rin))

Kyte fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 5, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kyte posted:

All born before 1900. :v:

(It's not really meant to be a hard limit. Last HS (they know of) is 'about 100 years ago'. Emiya is the walking counterexample. There might be more, but you wouldn't have a link to them anyways, 'cause you can't have a catalyst for something that doesn't yet exist. (Before anyone asks: Emiya had the catalyst for Rin))

Mata Hari's legend I think would have originated during WWI, which is just slightly under 100 years from when Fate:Grand Order takes place.

I imagine a catalyst for Tesla would be his notebook while someone like Simo Häyhä you would need his rifle or uniform.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Isn't Chaldea on like the fricking future in any case like 2500 AD

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Raenir Salazar posted:

Seeing White Death would be both sweet and weird. I can see this character from Kalevala being a berserker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kullervo

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

nope 2015

everyone supposedly dies in a year or a few

by everyone i mean all of humanity

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Alternate history 2015. The world's ending in 2016. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is there a reason to focus on the story right now unless I want Medea Lily or Saber Rider? I'm just playing around with Chaldea quests, trying to make my team bigger and buffer, although my low-level stamina really isn't agreeing with that playstyle

Also, what do I do with 3-star essences and servants? I have my team mostly set up, do I want a full team of every class too? Or do I just burn those motherfuckers for more Summoning Tickets?

Nyaa posted:

Naturally, the voice actors of Arjuna & Mashu rolled it fair and square to get us the 12 mil,12 quartz, some Summoning ticket and 4 Golden Apples today.

:3: