Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
In July of 2014 a wrestling company arose that changed the face of wrestling.
Goon Fights was born competing with WWE it shot straight to the top of the worlds eye.

Then, in October of that very year, disaster struck.

The world economy tanked and the wrestling business took a hit when the entire McMahon family was arrested for insider trading.

People slowly trickled away from events until wrestling was a thing of the past entirely.

Now, it is the beginning of 2016 and Capitalistpig, the Color Commentator for Goon Fights got a 50 million dollar inheritance and decided to use it to revive Goon Fights and bring back wrestling.

It's going to be an uphill battle as he could only get some of the previous roster involved, he found a great many new goons willing to take up the mantle, talented youngsters and Goon Fight alumni.

People still need to be re-convinced though, Goon Fights won't be able to just rely on its former prestige if it is going to redefine wrestling once again.

It is going to be a long and hard struggle to grow back to the Global company it was from this small local Gym in Florida...

Welcome once again to Goon Fights!

Previous Thread = http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654194

This time around I bought TEW 2013 which is a large improvement over the previous version I used.

I used assets from The tew 2013 Mod "The Fall" by WrestleManiac as a base for the game world database (which is about a similar thing to what I described but back in the early 200's is when the economy tanks and wrestling takes a hit) I also used some real wrestlers from TheWho87's Real World updates to fill things in.

I set the game to start creating new workers as time goes on and put in a bunch of names of forums mafia players as potential newly created workers, so periodically new goons will debut randomly and New wrestling companies will rise from the ashes of all the old ones as well.

To start though, it will Just be Goon Fights and its pre set roster as the only wrestling company.

So without delay lets check out the layout in tew 2013!

Ok so here we go!

After that the first thing that hits you in TEW2013 is a news screen with little articles and everything

So lets take a look at the stories the game created for us.

Welp, I guess 1500 a month IS the highest paid wrestler in the world technically, (because all you guys make 1500 a month)

Yep, good ol' Gay Mysterio showin' off the muscles in a magazine.

annnnyywayy

lets take a look at the titles

Not much has changed here as Cpig bought the old title belts from the previous owner so they are the originals.

The Tag team and women's championship are currently disabled however until we get enough wrestlers to start a tag and a women's division.

The roster!

As you can see the roster is much smaller (because we a re just a Local company, the smallest size.)

Non Wrestlers

DuckHuntDog - Heel - a mediocre washed up ex wrestler turned manager A legend in his own mind. Manages Eccoraven
Capitalistpig - Heel - Authority Figure Cpig is taking a more active role in Goon Fights as the owner acts much like Vince MacMahon used to in his shows.

Non Disposition Workers

Votefinder - Referee
Totino Boy - Road Agent

Announce Team

Sir Samuel Vinington Jr - Face - A great announcer has great announcing chemistry with
Grandicap - Heel - Color Commentator , always talks about the glory days of Goon Fights and compares every new wrestler to classic heroes like Hal Incandenza and Merk.
PinMom =- Face - A new announcer being trained by Sir Sam Vines

Stables

The Company: Capitalistpig/Eccoraven/DuckHuntDog

Active Titles

Holder: Power of Pecota

Holder: Eccoraven

Holder: Gay Mysterio

Holder: Super Friends

Shows
We have two shows

Every Monday a live small show Called Goon Fights Live! Is held (not televised as we are too small to get a TV deal or PPV deal yet)
And every year on a sunday in august we hold a larger two hour event called Scummerslam, our prestigious big season ender show.

Also a new larger event ##vote VIOLENCE, runs every March towards the end of the month.

I'm doing this in real time like last time so shows will be every monday for now and in august you can anticipate Scummerslam.

Goon Fights Live! Tomorrow Monday January 4th at 9PM EST.

Welcome, to Goon Fights Reborn.

Goon Fights Live! #1
Week in Review

Goon Fights Live! #2
Week in Review

Goon Fights Live! #3
Week in Review

Goon Fights Live! #4
Week in Review

Goon Fights Live! #5
Week in Review

Goon Fights Live! #6
Week in Review

Goon Fights Live! #7
Week in Review

Goon Fights Live! #8
Week in Review

Goon Fights Live! #9
Week in Review
(week in review on hold because it is saying the same crap over and over)

Goon Fights Live! #10

Goon Fights Live! #11

Goon Fights Live! #12

Goon Fights ##vote Violence

Goon Fights Live! #13

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Live from Zephyrhills City Hall in Zephyrhills, FL Ittttsssssssssss GOON FIGHTS REBORN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6adloaeyI2U

SSV: Welcome ladies and gentlemen once again to GOON FIGHTS! I am your announcer Sir Samuel Vinington JR. Joining me at the announce table is a Goon Fights Alumni, Grandicap!

Grandi: Hey there Sam, It's good to be here, you know when Cpig told me Goon Fights was back it was one of the most exciting things in the world Sam!

SSV: Indeed it was I was such a fan in 2014 and Cpig called me because he knew of my extensive announcing experience with Magical Pnoy Wrestling.

Grandi: Only problem is all these newcomers, noone could ever live up to the likes of such Superstars as Hal Incandenza or Mills.

SSV: Well speaking of Cpig there he comes! let's go to the ring.

Capitalistpig's theme music hits and he comes swaggering down to the ring like some kinda hot shot.

"WELCOME GOON FIGHTS FANS it's back on!"

the 13 fans in attendance stand up and applaud in this less than packed arena.

Cpig acts as if the applause is that of 30 thousand screaming fans and drinks it all in.

"I bought the company and here we are! You all may know that the world had thought wrestling was a thing of the past, well NO MORE I SAY!"

The fans begin to clap again.

One of them leaves to go to the bathroom.

"Today you will see the first chapter in the rebirth of the premiere wrestling company!"

"We have old faces and new faces and now it's time , without further delay LET THE SHOW BEGIN!"

Match 1 Podima V. Tommunist

Note: shorter matches for Tommunist

Match 2 Gay Mysterio V. TMMadman

Note: Apparently the way I normally use the "work th crowd" notes in the booker isn't working in the universe because everyon is so drat entertaining.

A loud obnoxious whistle sounds and up on the projector JakeP can be seen in his referee's uniform backstage.

"Is this thing on? HELLO! I am Jake P and I am here to destroy my competition tonight and advance in the tournament for the Mafia World Championship."
"You better get ready CCKEANE because I am coming for you and I have a little HELP heheheeh."

Note: drat Jakep with the mic skills to pay the bills.

Match 3 Poison Mushroom V. Meinberg

Ugh yes totino boy jesus christ

Note: Shorter matches for Pmush

Match 4 The Lord of H.A.T.S. v. Power of Pecota

Note: Next week apparently there is no need to work the crowd.

Eccoraven comes down to the ring and snatches the microphone out of the ring announcer's hand.

"STOP IT CUT THE MUSIC!"

"CCKEANE YOU HAVE DEFIED ME FOR THE LAST TIME."

"Tonight in your match with jakep I'll be there, standing, watching."

Duckhuntdog grabs the microphone

"DO you even know who you are dealing with keane? What did you have? Super freinds? HAH what a joke. I WAS A CHAMPION!"

he drops the microphone to the ground and they exit.

Note: Welp, scripts forever for ecco apparently.

MAIN EVENT!

JakeP v. CCKeane

Note: Maybe less than 20 minutes for the main event next time....

The music plays again as the lights flash

SSV: Thanks folks we'll see you next week folks!

Grandi: Good night fans!

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 12, 2016

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Each week after the show post I will also post a "Week in review" wherin I post all the news stories and emails I get in the week following the show.

Here is week 1 in the Goon Fights Reborn universe!

TMM bitching about how he's tired (whaaaaa)

Pmush being annoyed because apparently pmush thinks the jump from midcard to main event should just be something that happens overnight.

I gave pmush a week off to think about it.

And here is all of the news articles!

Keane and BK both have a nerves issue apparently?

And thats it till next week!

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 5, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

*yawns*

Okay, yeah just put me in whenever yeah.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wrasslin' (put me in the women's division when you get one please cpig)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry can you say all that again, I didn't quite catch it the first time

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'll wrestle whoever, man, I have no horse in this race.

Perhaps someday I will face an adequate challenge, something to inspire me to greatness, but if that is not possible I am more than happy being the challenge that inspires others and gives their life meaning.

I'm just noble like that, I suppose.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The sky, she is a thing of beauty. To soar gracefully through the air, that is my privilege, the gift that I have earned from her. It is a wonder that few may ever know.

Wrestling... it too can be a beautiful thing. But to far too many, it is ugly. These people, they seek to drag each other to the dirt, grunting and groaning as they try to pull others down to their base level. And these people... I would not dignify them with the name 'wrestlers'... they call themselves champions, boasting of their so-called feats, fighting. They are ignorant of true wrestling. But I shall teach them.

There is only one title that matters to me, and that is the title I hold, unsullied by the scum of the earth. I am the King of the Skies, and I shall protect my queen from all of the mud-wallowers who would defile her. I claim no name, but I am known to many here as the Lord of High Altitude Technical Stunts... The Lord of H.A.T.S, if you will. Should you seek my crown you are welcome to try, but you will soon find yourself plummeting back into the filth where you belong!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lol at Gay Mysterio

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Put me in the women's division as well, I can be like their diva

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jobber? What the hell is that?

More like I got jobbed out of my rightful place in the Main Event.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Jobber? What the hell is that?

More like I got jobbed out of my rightful place in the Main Event.

Its because you got boned by the random stat variance system when the game started, you are a really great wrestler and are entertaining but you lack star quality.

With the right pushes at the right time once we get more wrestlers in our roster you could be a star some day.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

Its because you got boned by the random stat variance system when the game started, you are a really great wrestler and are entertaining but you lack star quality.

With the right pushes at the right time once we get more wrestlers in our roster you could be a star some day.

I will be King of the Mountain!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I will be King of the Mountain!

More like Duke of the molehill imo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I spent the intervening years in the Japanese circuit, and grew a little too attached to my Weird Japanese Gimmick.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Midcard? Do these people not recognize the virtuosity of my performances? The sheer quality of entertainment that I bring, opium-like, to the masses? I will not stand for this outrage and will fight until I am finally recognized as a true topcard contender!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gay Mysterio only needs 2 things in the ring: his mask and his jockstrap

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Just finished a rad thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6adloaeyI2U

The new opening theme for Goon Fights Live!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I noticed Jake wasn't donning his referee attire in that video.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I wasn't even in the video at all! :argh:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
no idea whatgs going on but thats ok

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I wasn't even in the video at all! :argh:

I, for one,am glad that your face was no where to be seen.

It'd drive down ratings immensely.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 4, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I, for one,am glad that your face was no where to be seen.

It'd drive down ratings immensely.

Listen buddy, I don't think you want to get in the ring with me. You'll get the axe after I cut you down like a tree.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Listen buddy, I don't think you want to get in the ring with me. You'll get the axe after I cut you down like a tree.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Well I'm sure you have very powerful forearms but I doubt very much they came from activities such as chopping wood.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:siren:
Goon Fights Live! #1
Week in Review
:siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gotta hold off from dropping the swagmaster so early in the season I understand

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just want everyone to know that Gay Mysterio groped me in the ring! That's why I lost!

It's also why I need some extra time to recover...

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a hot property

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cpig I am very cross with you that I got skipped for this and I demand to be the big star brought in when you finally expand and get bigger :colbert:

E: I guess I'd also settle for being a referee because that's more my speed irl anyway

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 5, 2016

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TMM atleast try to show some effort

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

TMM atleast try to show some effort

Hey, we were the only match that had action. We just lacked heat. Everyone else lacked heat and action.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My fingers gave you plenty of heat

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
owned podima (true dog) (anime isn't dogs)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
No heated matches because I'm not in the game yet

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm the hottest of all properties. But we're still in the first half of the hero's journey. I haven't even bested the threshold guardian yet! But don't you worry, you haven't seen enough of Meinberg! Next time, he'll be bringing some serious heat to this stadium and showing what's what to all the young fools in attendance.

And get that camera out of my damned face!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wow i have defeated cckeane i feel unstoppable now

• Locked thread