Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean it's nice to say "oh let's scumhunt instead of going for the obvious target" but if there's someone who isn't going to play the game and you're completely unable to determine his alignment because of it, then in absence of something stronger I see no problem with anyone who votes for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
"Is a distraction that should be lynched because" is the call of the scum7

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

drat i guess my day 1 case on sombrero didn't exist.

Why are you voting Bigup and not Somber now

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

JakeP posted:

Why are you voting Bigup and not Somber now

because hes loving terrible either way and hes claimed scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And I assume Kash was being genuine when he agreed taht scum claiming is a null tell

If you think about it town is more likely to scum claim anyway.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

because hes loving terrible either way and hes claimed scum

Being terrible has nothing to do with alignment. Do you really think a scum player is more likely to claim scum than a trolly town player?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm indifferent to the scum claim, but annoyed at someone who is never going to play.

It's like imgay when he first started and I really don't want to get into a lylo situation with that kind of attitude again.

That said, I don't want to stop discussion. I'll try to read over Somber and see if I can pin down this feeling I'm having.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
bigup will probably abandon the game and get replaced or mod killed long before lylo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Somber D1 he sat on Tomm for a while although never fully explained it.

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Tommunist i don't get it.

Somberbrero posted:

Whole lot of white noise in the past page. I don't like drinking as an excuse for scummy play, I will still be voting Tom.

Somberbrero posted:

My initial vote on you was because your kashuno vote gave me weird vibes and I wanted to see how you reacted. I'm feeling pretty good about my vote.

Nobody ever questioned Somber to ask him to explain what the vibes were and what reactions by Tomm made him feel good. Somber please do that now.

The post that set me off today was this though:

Somberbrero posted:

What makes you think there was a good faith attempt? If anything you've mostly laughed off the BigUp case. Why would it make sense for you to back up Exakt here?

I feel like he's making something up about Jake here when Jake asks for Kash's reasons for believing that Exakt was making a bad faith case (aka a scum case). I don't see how doing this is defending Exakt at all.

It's still a pretty vague feeling though, nothing definite.

Somber answer my question about Tomm and D1, I want to talk more with you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

bigup will probably abandon the game and get replaced or mod killed long before lylo

That would honestly be ideal.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I could see Somber and Tomm both being scum. Especially with the way tomm seems to be under the impression Somber is scum day 1, makes a case, and then abandons it completely to vote bigup dj.

I don't think a person who genuinely believes someone to be scum would abandon that to apathy lynch someone, and then come back the next day, and double down on the apathy lynch

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also people I forgot were in this game:

Punt
EP
Chic
Derp

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
derp killed himself remember

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah with him it's more I had to check he didn't die N1.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uranus, are you okay?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Gnomevotecount for Day 2

Bigup DJ (4): EXAKT Science, totino boy, Kashuno, Asiina, Tommunist, Kashuno
EXAKT Science (2): Kashuno, Murmur Twin, Asiina, Bigup DJ, Somberbrero, Kashuno, Somberbrero, Asiina
Tommunist (1): JakeP

Not Voting (6): Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, imgay, Kashuno, Puntification, Somberbrero

With 13 gnomes, it's 7 gnomevotes to lynch. The current gnomedeadline is January 06th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Please leave a comment on this webzone if you would like a pizza roll.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am really drunk and pretty busy, I will ttyl8r Asiina.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

JakeP posted:

,yes

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
nah though

what is "distracting" though that strikes me as an incredibly flimsy bullshit thing to say? What do you mean by "distracting"?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Bigup DJ posted:

nah though

what is "distracting" though that strikes me as an incredibly flimsy bullshit thing to say? What do you mean by "distracting"?

Everyone wants to lunch you. Those who don't want to lunch you are too divided and/or distracted by the other idiots to make a strong case on anyone else.

Yeah, it's stupid.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also EXAKT never bothered to reply to this.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Just to clarify, you think bigup was scum because of the lack of a hammer, so scum are likely to be among those who didn't vote for him?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
as if i'm responsible for these clowns rank incompetence re: everything

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ_Wbjz8JTc

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You can see why I've been a bit of a non-participant. Getting useful data from this mess is hard. Wish Somber had stuck around, his insights are great.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
That multiple vote flip onto bigup after Exakt claimed is utter bs. I don't buy bigup as scum and would happily vote any of those clowns.

Not too impressed with the push on exakt either as it happens and since it turns out there's a common element:

Kashuno posted:

HMMMMM THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW

##vote exakt

Kashuno posted:

##vote dj If nothing else I can't have this distraction around anymore,.

I'm feeling pretty confident this is the right course of action: ##vote kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

That multiple vote flip onto bigup after Exakt claimed is utter bs. I don't buy bigup as scum and would happily vote any of those clowns.

Not too impressed with the push on exakt either as it happens and since it turns out there's a common element:

I'm feeling pretty confident this is the right course of action: ##vote kash

The common element is I voted both people and am therefore scum? Pls

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

The common element is I voted both people and am therefore scum? Pls

It's a pattern of shifty voting practices, thank you very much. The bigup vote all but admits you don't think he's scum but is acting like your actions are justified anyway and the other is a night-kill spec related meta case, on a person you've, in the height of irony, also attacked for pursuing bad cases. I don't see this as town behaviour therefore yes, scum. thnx

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have voted to kill people I don't think are scum before to remove distractions from the game I don't see how this is much different :shrug:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

I have voted to kill people I don't think are scum before to remove distractions from the game I don't see how this is much different :shrug:

Are you asking me to accept your self-meta?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also yes, the exakt case was based on this weird tunneling of dj with no backing it up, and the discussion of the NK was useless but felt like a smug pat on the back.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

Are you asking me to accept your self-meta?

Just stating a fact

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

Just stating a fact

I don't actually know it's a fact though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's true. It's a nulltell since I have done it as both alignments, but without experiencing lots of games with me you wouldn't know that. I don't think your vote on me is scummy, just misguided.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

i honestly don't know if kashuno is being sarcastic

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I claimed scum in Isaac mafia and I was a BP town. Merk claimed scum in Drugs mafia and was godfather. A scumclaim has no bearing on the game and the fact so many people are like "WOW SCUM CLAIM IS A GOOD REASON" is stupid. I can, and have made the case, that voting DJ to remove a distraction from the game is a good idea because it is the center of conversation for all players and a flip could tell a lot, but I'd like to at least try to look at other options while they're around.

DJ, who are you feeling for scum atm?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

You can see why I've been a bit of a non-participant. Getting useful data from this mess is hard. Wish Somber had stuck around, his insights are great.

Be the change E+, what have you gleaned in your read of the game?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bigup DJ posted:

as if i'm responsible for these clowns rank incompetence re: everything

I'm really starting to like you :allears: Please play more mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

i mean if we want to look at opportunistic votes on tommunist, pretty much his entire game is empty voting bigupdj and making jokes.

I mean this is like patently false, I don't get why you would say this/vote someone without even giving a cursory glance over their content. It feels like trying to get people to look at someone other than DJ in a very very minute way. I could see jake/dj scum team from this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
fwiw I don't think Asiina is scum. She is blatantly aware of her "I don't post when I'm scum" meta, but last game she played where she was scum she did exactly that. It's like ingrained in her to not play when scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

EXAKT is worth taking a look at tomorrow for sure but i don't want to deal with this shitposting so

Hi it is now tomorrow please talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Somber please reconcile these statements

D1:

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah this is good ##vote exakt

I would vote Gaye next, I'll try to get some actual thought in before eod.

D2:

Somberbrero posted:

##unvote better early than late.

Gay, who do you think is scum?

• Locked thread