Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bad Seafood posted:

I liked all the bits with Han Solo.

Very derivative of Episode IV though. Kinda wish they did more of their own thing. Finn was probably the most original idea on offer.

this movie was a right the ship movie

they righted the ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Now that you've seen Star Wars you can appreciate this twitter account:
http://twitter.com/kylor3n

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Emo Kylo Ren posted:

dear diary
today i spoke to a girl
i called her m'lady and said I hate sand
it worked for Darth Vader but i guess he knew something I don't

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bad analogy time: TFA is the Dual Destinies of Star Wars.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Motto posted:

Bad analogy time: TFA is the Dual Destinies of Star Wars.

I can see that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

star wars is stupid normie garbage for retarded 3D lovers

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Davincie posted:

you should step out of that box a little, its nice sometimes

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Smoking Crow posted:

this movie was a right the ship movie

they righted the ship
I have no idea what this means.

Senerio posted:

Now that you've seen Star Wars you can appreciate this twitter account:
http://twitter.com/kylor3n
Uncle Lando is the best.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Davincie posted:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Emo Kylo Ren posted:

~you are what you love, not who loves you~

i'm darth vader

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Rooney McNibnug posted:

you should step out of that box a little, its nice sometimes
If Davincie ever stepped outside his comfort zone I'd have to ban him on suspicion of having his account hijacked.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've had it with these snide insinuations

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Senerio posted:

I can see that.

Played it kinda safe to regain faith in the IP, but still managed to do its own thing to an extent in establishing the new leads and such.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

I have no idea what this means.
they turned down george lucas' story treatments and remade a movie that people liked to prove that they know what people like about star wars

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I liked all the bits with Han Solo.

Very derivative of Episode IV though. Kinda wish they did more of their own thing. Finn was probably the most original idea on offer.

My personal theory is you have to know the staff knew they were making something incredibly derivative, and it was entirely intentional. I mean, you have a huge plot McGuffin hidden in a droid. So, going from that basis, TFA is meant to be an Episode IV for a new generation.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Phantom Menace was better because it had an artistic vision even if a flawed one instead of pandering to nostalgia of an already rotten and decayed franchise

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Ben is entirely a take on Prequel Anakin.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
dehumanize yourself and face to jar jar

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

force awakens was okay but im not looking forward to a yearly release schedule

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Phantom Menace was better because it had an artistic vision even if a flawed one instead of pandering to nostalgia of an already rotten and decayed franchise

They're moneymaking ventures not entries into the artistic hall of fame or whatever.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Phantom Menace was boring and relied on a child actor which is always a crapshoot

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

force awakens was okay but im not looking forward to a yearly release schedule

it's only yearly if you factor in all the dumb spinoff films, and while I'm sure those will make bank I don't really care about a young Han Solo or bober fitt film.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'd also like to say that everyone in the First Order looks way too young to be holding the ranks they've allegedly been assigned.

When Darth Vader Jr. was talking to that one guy I thought he was just some random low-level officer, not acting general and pen pals with Emperor Hologram Giant.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I almost agree with this.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Boba Fett should stay dead.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it was a fun blockbuster but i still don't care that much about star wars

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Bad Seafood posted:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

thank

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this but pm was also awful

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Supposedly people are expecting the writer for the next one to do some fresh things based on his previous work. Personally I've got no issue with the new one being basically A New Hope again. It hit the right blend of nostalgia and feeling updated. I look forward to the next one.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm sad that the CineD spoilerrama thread got locked. It was hilarious while it was going.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I'd also like to say that everyone in the First Order looks way too young to be holding the ranks they've allegedly been assigned.

When Darth Vader Jr. was talking to that one guy I thought he was just some random low-level officer, not acting general and pen pals with Emperor Hologram Giant.
the first order being a bunch of kids makes sense, all the senior officers got owned by the rebellion. it's a bunch of younger people trying to pick up the torch.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nice cover imo

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The First Order is emo teens who think the empire is soooooo cooooooool, and gently caress the rebels for taking them down, with a authoritative voice from an old guy in a giant hologram.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I liked the new movie a lot but introducing the ~new death star~ like a minute before the rebels start trying to blow it up kinda cheapened the whole thing imo. made for some really neat imagery once poo poo started exploding tho

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

the guy that voiced boba fett just died so i hope you're happy

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

they look 18 to me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

this but pm was also awful

I never said it was good only that Lucas at least tried to make something new.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My biggest issue was the complete lack of Gwendoline Christie, and they said the next film will fix that, so I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Senerio posted:

The First Order is emo teens who think the empire is soooooo cooooooool, and gently caress the rebels for taking them down, with a authoritative voice from an old guy in a giant hologram.

First Order sure knows how to build poo poo, though. Gotta give them that.

• Locked thread