Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It is, though, a very good mouse and I like fondling the ball just as much as the next guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Scruffpuff posted:

So Sandi's game plan here was always, I presume, to use the mo-cap A-list actor angle to position herself next to them, hoping for the opportunity to break into Hollywood. (It failed, and will continue to fail.)

The thing is, actors of that caliber deal with soulless NPD aspiring "actors" and "actresses" like Sandi almost every single day. It's like how if you frequently visit a dog part, not stepping in the poop becomes second nature. They probably smelled her before they even got into the building. They honestly would have been better off getting some C-listers in there for her to buddy with - they're less discerning and happier to be working, and to find anyone to share "acting" war stories with.

So now that that opportunity has come and gone, what more could she possibly have at stake with this game? She couldn't give less of a poo poo about gaming, and I really doubt she connects with this, uh, community. Her long con has failed, and at some point, she's going to realize that nobody is actually going to return her calls.

So what happens then? Will she stick around for the free cash and simulated celebrity lifestyle, or run off again, seeking the fame she just knows she deserves even when she was a little girl?
Probably stick around as long as the cash keeps rolling in. She doesn't actually DO anything of note at CIG, so why leave? Once the money dries up though, I have no doubt that she's gone and is going to divorce CRobbers (again). He better have a prenup!

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It's weird that Sandi comes right out and says in that email that they've been looking for someone to replace her for the past two years. She also says that part of the reason noone is willing to do it because of the pay. Are they offering sub-fast food worker wages or something? I find it hard to believe they can't find someone more qualified and proven than Sandi in two years unless the criteria is "you must be Sandi Gardiner".

They're probably paying that position like poo poo on the books to help with the bottom line while paying Chris, who will never leave, quite well and by proxy Sandi too.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

I am certain, that if Ben ever did cocaine, he'd already be dead of heart failure by now as opposed to in a few more years.

His drug is far more basic than that, and not one that can be contained by normal clothes.

I'd pay money to see a roundtable-style "Intervention" show where all the CIG bigwigs have to face their addictions.

Chris: "You know, it's like the first time you try it, you think 'I'll just do it once' and then the cocaine just grabs hold of you, and next thing you know you're ripping off people over the internet so you can build a cocaine sandcastle for your hermit crab to live in."

Sandi: "I really don't need to be here. I'm famous! Famous people don't get addicted to fame. Hell, the only thing I could be addicted to is being so famous all the time. Haha as if that was a real addiction!"

Ben: "I just really like cheese. I dunno. Havarti is my favorite, I just wish you could get it in the 10lb blocks like White Cheddar."

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

What if Ben ate DSmarts leak, and now it is his stomach sharing trade secrets to beer4thebeergod? Makes you think

Hmm... could be. All those gurgles DO sound like words sometimes....

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What kind of mouse does CR use?

A Logitech M570.

He's got no balls of his own you see.

:cripes:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

TTerrible posted:

We are not reddit.

Fail.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Lets try to steer clear of the cocaine "jokes" or whatever, as much as I do not think Roberts is a competent or sane person, he doesn't deserve to have people pumping poo poo into the internet claiming he's a drug addict or does cocaine etc etc.

Stick to the mocking and jokes, those are much more entertaining.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Rudager posted:

They're probably paying that position like poo poo on the books to help with the bottom line while paying Chris, who will never leave, quite well and by proxy Sandi too.

Exactly this. As if her income level makes any difference at all. She could be getting minimum wage - still has that Porsche and mansion all the same. Gee, only the CEO's wife - that must suck.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Ash1138 posted:

Probably stick around as long as the cash keeps rolling in. She doesn't actually DO anything of note at CIG, so why leave? Once the money dries up though, I have no doubt that she's gone and is going to divorce CRobbers (again). He better have a prenup!

Now now, I'm sure her and potato head are deeply in love. We all saw their chemistry at StarCon, it's got to be true love. :allears:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lowtax posted:

Lets try to steer clear of the cocaine "jokes" or whatever, as much as I do not think Roberts is a competent or sane person, he doesn't deserve to have people pumping poo poo into the internet claiming he's a drug addict or does cocaine etc etc.

Can we still make jokes about being addicted to cheese? Cheese never hurt anybody. Well, except for those ladies that died in the tragic Triangle Cheese-Slice factory fire.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Lowtax posted:

Lmfao if there aren't drugs in the verse.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lowtax posted:

fair.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

serious norman posted:

Lmfao if there aren't drugs in the verse.
Only in the chorus.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Low T easily have 5mil+ haha look at that old man

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Sandi gardiner had a meltdown?

There are like 500 new replies today what happen?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Pipe or dildo? You decide

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

hakimashou posted:

gently caress you all. Give me the summary. Sorry

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bait and Swatch posted:

Yes.

Also the new model for a smuggling ship in the verse. The UEE branding will throw off the player-controlled Cargo Auditors, you see.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Both, especially if used by Sandi to blow more smoke up customer's asses.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

hakimashou posted:

She called herself the most educated person at CIG and used the word "butt-hurt" multiple times in official company communications. This trainwreck is getting better and better. I think Croberts final metldown when he shuts this poo poo down will be glorious, ETA by end of the year.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
My English bad..... Shuttu.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/215475438505750/photos/a.429027047150587.107566.215475438505750/968218136564806/?type=3&theater

Hey look! The crash has begun. They lost their building and now have to code in the streets!

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

So, can the Roberts Space Industries terms of service for their forums extend beyond the limits of RSI?

Like it's the WEBSITE's terms of service. For that website.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

hakimashou posted:

oh, it's no big deal, like most 100+ million dollar multinational companies they just had their VP of global marketing having candid email exchanges with customers

pftc posted:

So, can the Roberts Space Industries terms of service for their forums extend beyond the limits of RSI?

you know Beer, if you really wanted that money back (if you didn't get it, I didn't see) you could probably just take it up in small claims court unrelated to the actual game's release date.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
You're describing my sysdev job perfectly

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

KiddieGrinder posted:

Now now, I'm sure her and potato head are deeply in love. We all saw their chemistry at StarCon, it's got to be true love. :allears:
marriageofconvenience.mpg

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I think you should challenge Chris Roberts to a boxing match.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

grimcreaper posted:

https://www.facebook.com/215475438505750/photos/a.429027047150587.107566.215475438505750/968218136564806/?type=3&theater

Hey look! The crash has begun. They lost their building and now have to code in the streets!
a lot of untagged derek smarts in that photo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

they're getting practice queueing up for unemployment

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Justin Tyme posted:

you know Beer, if you really wanted that money back (if you didn't get it, I didn't see) you could probably just take it up in small claims court unrelated to the actual game's release date.

I'm not Beer. I just think this would be the best place on the internet to get an actual answer to my original question.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

pftc posted:

I'm not Beer. I just think this would be the best place on the internet to get an actual answer to my original question.

I know, I was just saying they're still taking his money but withholding services for stuff that isn't even against their own TOS.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pftc posted:

generally a TOS gives a company a lot of latitude in what they can do, especially WRT forum accounts

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lowtax posted:

I haven't ever heard him deny it. Not even once. Just sayin.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Censorship is my favorite thing about school, glorious leader.

Edit: Holy poo poo. I thought people were joking when she called herself one of the best saleswomen in the entire world.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 6, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

grimcreaper posted:

I like how there are like 2 or 3 women in that picture.

Also I read it as butt-snow hurtflake, and I can't stop laughing.

parppppp

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Rad Russian posted:

She called herself the most educated person at CIG and used the word "butt-hurt" multiple times in official company communications. This trainwreck is getting better and better. I think Croberts final metldown when he shuts this poo poo down will be glorious, ETA by end of the year.

Where can I read it?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Where can I read it?

here you go, friend

http://imgur.com/a/BIlWu

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

grimcreaper posted:

I count 3, maybe 4 women in that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

grimcreaper posted:

I think you should challenge Chris Roberts to a boxing match.

screw that, I want Derek Smart and Chris Roberts to fight.

If Derek wins, Chris has to stop raising money
If Roberts wins, Derek has to stop posting about Star Citizen anywhere

legal, make it happen

• Locked thread