Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Wuxi posted:

Is there a reason to focus on the story right now unless I want Medea Lily or Saber Rider? I'm just playing around with Chaldea quests, trying to make my team bigger and buffer, although my low-level stamina really isn't agreeing with that playstyle

Also, what do I do with 3-star essences and servants? I have my team mostly set up, do I want a full team of every class too? Or do I just burn those motherfuckers for more Summoning Tickets?

:3:

From what I'm experiencing and from the theory crafting I read you want alternative Servants on hand to deal with troublesome enemy Servants according to the elaborate Rock-Paper-Scissors system they have set up. So if you're facing someone like Rider Bonne/Mary who wiped my rear end like five times in a row until I fiddled with my team comp to take advantage of the class system and started to pay more attention to CE's.

I mean it also seems like some people have teams so overpowered that maybe they can brute force past it sometimes I dunno.

So my conclusion is that if your missing some classes of Servants and only have 3* ones maybe they're worth keeping as a contingency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Wuxi posted:

Is there a reason to focus on the story right now unless I want Medea Lily or Saber Rider? I'm just playing around with Chaldea quests, trying to make my team bigger and buffer, although my low-level stamina really isn't agreeing with that playstyle
If you feel particularly brave, you could try a 3-servants front row only high level team without backrow to cut down the team cost and jam all the expensive CE to your front servants.

quote:

Also, what do I do with 3-star essences and servants? I have my team mostly set up, do I want a full team of every class too? Or do I just burn those motherfuckers for more Summoning Tickets?
CE are case by case. The only good 3 star CE that is worth keeping in long term are Leyline, and maybe Magic Crystal.

Some low level servants grant bonus to event item drop. If you care about maximizing the gain or building every class team, then keep them. Otherwise, keep only the good one. Having a full team of every class would be the best move for dealing with any content the game throws at you. Although it's not necessary, and it will take a lot of effort, but it will be effort on raising them rather than effort on completing/grinding whatever difficult content later.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 6, 2016

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Wuxi posted:

:3:

Events have been asking for specific servants lately for event drop bonuses, and you'll probably want one or two of each class and both AoE and single-target NPs for various situations. Personally I just keep one of everyone and burn the dupes once they reach NP5 because eventually I ascend them and do their interludes for the free quartz.
Plus they've been adding NP upgrades that significantly improve servants.

Let's see...
Euryale & Ushiwakamaru with upgraded NP are near the top of the damage chart.
Caesar has no upgrade but he's ok if you need a Saber, plus fairly good skills. If he ever gets an NP upgrade he should become p great.
Hassan & Cu're pretty good thanks to Protection from Wind/Arrows (Hassan's still excellent for generating stars if you don't have Gil, Jack or Okita). Proto Cu is a bit worse because his skills are not as good and has a bit less attack.
Jekyll with maxed+upgraded NP can turn into a 3* Berserker with 5* tier HP
Medusa and Alex both have stuns (Alex's only works on humanoids including servants but Servants are the hard enemies so eh))
Lu Bu & Darius as Berserkers are really fragile but their NPs are fine, give'em a NP CE
David can give everyone Dodge
Robin Hood has powerful damage because of a quirk of his NP (debuff before NPing)
Arash is funny to use as a suicide bomber
Medea has Rule Breaker to clear debuffs and can spam it
Andersen has good and frequent buffs

Kyte fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 6, 2016

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Wuxi posted:

The story quests for the first three chapters only cost half the AP until January 13, EST, so it's definitely a good idea to focus on those until you finish Okeanos. Also, clearing London unlocks Telsa as well as Lancer Artoria Alter. Not to mention that you get Quartz for completing quests.

As far as 3-and-lower-star Servants go, I'd suggest keeping them, maybe spending a few rocks to increase your inventory size. We've already had two events where specific servants increased the amount of event items dropped and there's no reason to think there isn't more on the way. It's also good to remember that even if you don't plan on ever using a servant it often still pays off to ascend them just to unlock their interlude for more free rocks.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kyte posted:

Events have been asking for specific servants lately for event drop bonuses, and you'll probably want one or two of each class and both AoE and single-target NPs for various situations. Personally I just keep one of everyone and burn the dupes once they reach NP5 because eventually I ascend them and do their interludes for the free quartz.
Plus they've been adding NP upgrades that significantly improve servants.

Let's see...
Euryale & Ushiwakamaru with upgraded NP are near the top of the damage chart.
Caesar has no upgrade but he's ok if you need a Saber, plus fairly good skills. If he ever gets an NP upgrade he should become p great.
Hassan & Cu're pretty good thanks to Protection from Wind/Arrows (Hassan's still excellent for generating stars if you don't have Gil, Jack or Okita). Proto Cu is a bit worse because his skills are not as good and has a bit less attack.
Jekyll with maxed+upgraded NP can turn into a 3* Berserker with 5* tier HP
Medusa and Alex both have stuns (Alex's only works on humanoids including servants but Servants are the hard enemies so eh))
Lu Bu & Darius as Berserkers are really fragile but their NPs are fine, give'em a NP CE
David can give everyone Dodge
Robin Hood has powerful damage because of a quirk of his NP (debuff before NPing)
Arash is funny to use as a suicide bomber
Medea has Rule Breaker to clear debuffs and can spam it
Andersen has good and frequent buffs

Pretty sure I already burned everyone on that list besides Alexander and Cu're (who I can't find?) :downs:
I'll keep everyone from now on, definitely have to upgrade my inventory size though, since I'm so stacked with Xp cards for classes I don't have right now. So far I've been only keeping my 5-stars and my F/SN servants, burned everything else into Summoning tickets for Scathach. Its a bit dumb in hindsight, but since I actually got her I can't really complain.

Hassan is available through Friend summon, right?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
All silvers and bronzes except Caster Gilles and Caster Cu (who're story unlocks) are available from FP gacha, although silvers are the rare pull. You'll get'em back soon enough, if you roll quartz often enough.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Rule of thumb is to keep every Servant. Yes, even the ones you don't like (looking at you Boudica and Caligula.)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Compendium posted:

Rule of thumb is to keep every Servant. Yes, even the ones you don't like (looking at you Boudica and Caligula.)

And then start maxing them when you inevitably max all your gold servants and have nothing to do. This lv 60 Mata Hari will totally come in handy someday.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium posted:

Boudica is gonna gimme a Paizuri

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Freak Futanari posted:

And then start maxing them when you inevitably max all your gold servants and have nothing to do. This lv 60 Mata Hari will totally come in handy someday.

At least it can get you a Quartz or those coin things

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The coin things with a sword are NP upgrades. The coin things with 6 dots are skill upgrades. (You'll note they match the icons in the upgrade NP/skill menu items)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/85touno/status/684543522486140928

:negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This game fuckin sucks

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

I thought this was fake until I checked the following tweets. This person's luck is so absurd or Karna was just feeling very generous at that time. Either way, I know for sure that it will never occur in my life. :negative:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

My 60 roll today only net me two camelia and one hollow magic. :sludgepal:

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

My only hope is that they burned all of their luck right there and that's the last 5 star they see.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

My only hope is that they burned all of their luck right there and that's the last 5 star they see.

I love how salty this game makes us all.

I think it happened to me, getting Mordred and Okita burned up my luck as I didn't get Scathach. :(

I figure tonight I'll try using my two summon tickets for Gil and then start saving up for the next big event.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Thanks for this, this made me laugh like an idiot for several minutes. :shobon:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

-Troika- posted:

Thanks for this, this made me laugh like an idiot for several minutes. :shobon:

"Would you like some...?"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress off Kirei, I know where those quartzes are going

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Add all pics of Kirei w/ quartz to the OP

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I love how salty this game makes us all.

I think it happened to me, getting Mordred and Okita burned up my luck as I didn't get Scathach. :(

I figure tonight I'll try using my two summon tickets for Gil and then start saving up for the next big event.

Meanwhile, despite playing since almost the beginning(started about a week late) I still haven't been able to draw a single gold Saber aside from Siegfried, of whom I've drawn two. Just spent my remaining four tickets along with a 10 roll in an attempt to get Mordred, but the only draw of relevance was a Frankenstein. But singular ticket draws two days ago cheerfully gave me two Scathachs. Bringing my total of unique 5*s I've ever drawn up to 3(Tamamo, Waver, Scathach), and four total.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Meanwhile, despite playing since almost the beginning(started about a week late) I still haven't been able to draw a single gold Saber aside from Siegfried, of whom I've drawn two. Just spent my remaining four tickets along with a 10 roll in an attempt to get Mordred, but the only draw of relevance was a Frankenstein. But singular ticket draws two days ago cheerfully gave me two Scathachs. Bringing my total of unique 5*s I've ever drawn up to 3(Tamamo, Waver, Scathach), and four total.

Meanwhile I've 2 5* Sabers :shobon:

I've been abusing the hell out of a lvl90 friend Okita and is every 5* like that or is she just broken? Her Quick cards produce stars like crazy (and for some reason also fill my NP bar), Arts + 2 Quick brave chain basically fills my NP bar from 0 to 100 and she casually critted a berserker for 50000 during a normal buster chain.

Also can someone tell me whats in the 160 Mana Prism bag? I bought the 16 Prism bag yesterday and it had some pretty cool stuff (8 stat cards, 2 gold tickets and 20000 friend points) in there, is it the same in bigger?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Meanwhile I've 2 5* Sabers :shobon:

I've been abusing the hell out of a lvl90 friend Okita and is every 5* like that or is she just broken? Her Quick cards produce stars like crazy (and for some reason also fill my NP bar), Arts + 2 Quick brave chain basically fills my NP bar from 0 to 100 and she casually critted a berserker for 50000 during a normal buster chain.

Also can someone tell me whats in the 160 Mana Prism bag? I bought the 16 Prism bag yesterday and it had some pretty cool stuff (8 stat cards, 2 gold tickets and 20000 friend points) in there, is it the same in bigger?

Okita's just crazy good and I'm salty as hell that I got Mordred from my guaranteed 5* roll and not her. Oh well, at least I managed to get Scathach in the end.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
All 5*s are good but Okita is particularly good. Quicks do indeed fill NP just like Busters give stars and Arts do more damage than Quicks. (FYI NP charge is per hit and an Arts hit is worth 3x a Quick hit, so Okita's Quick with 5 hits is almost as good as her Arts with 2 hits)

The 160 bag is 2 of every ascension item and I think skill gem too.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Jack has crazy as hell star and NP generation, too, especially since she has 3 quick cards. If you can get Jack and Okita on your team, you will basically crit all the time.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

gently caress there are so many people on my friend list with Orion now. Even the one guy that usually has a maxed out Stheno rolled her.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Apropos of nothing, let's list the things messing with Shiki Tohno's brain!

1. Nanaya family Inversion Impulse
  2. Soul entanglement with SHIKI
  3. Roa's influence on SHIKI, transmitted via soul entanglement
  4. SHIKI's Tohno family Inversion Impulse, via soul entanglement
  5. SHIKI's vampirism, via soul entanglement
  6. Makihisa's hypnotism
  7. Ciel's Mystic Eyes of Whisper
  8. Arcueid's Mystic Eyes of Enchantment
  9. Strain from using Mystic Eyes of Death Perception
  10. Kohaku's drugs
  11. Soul entanglement with Akiha?
  12. An extra dose of Tohno Inversion Impulse from Akiha?

Anything I missed?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Apropos of nothing, let's list the things messing with Shiki Tohno's brain!

1. Nanaya family Inversion Impulse
  2. Soul entanglement with SHIKI
  3. Roa's influence on SHIKI, transmitted via soul entanglement
  4. SHIKI's Tohno family Inversion Impulse, via soul entanglement
  5. SHIKI's vampirism, via soul entanglement
  6. Makihisa's hypnotism
  7. Ciel's Mystic Eyes of Whisper
  8. Arcueid's Mystic Eyes of Enchantment
  9. Strain from using Mystic Eyes of Death Perception
  10. Kohaku's drugs
  11. Soul entanglement with Akiha?
  12. An extra dose of Tohno Inversion Impulse from Akiha?

Anything I missed?

He's not the good shiki

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

He's not the good shiki

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Always the correct answer

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
An open question for everyone playing grand order: do you focus on teams with the best stats / abilities / NPs, or teams with the Servants you like, regardless of ability?

I don't know anything about the mechanics of the game aside from reading the discussion here and complaining about not getting the Servants people want from the random draw, so I'm just curious what thoughts go into how everyone here assembles their teams.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Play with the servants I like, mainly because I multiple games at the same time so I never pay attention to FGO. Also lack of other servants being decently leveled.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I basically know the game inside and out but I lucked out quite early on with Attila and Gil so they're basically 90% of my playtime. Been diversifying lately, but their damage output spoiled me, so I don't use silvers very often since they typically hit for like half of what those two do.
But the depth of my strategy is pretty much "pick classes with advantage if the mission's supposed to be hard or there's too many Archers".

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 9, 2016

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Unless the battle is like, all archer cards, I go into every one with pretty much the same team, leading with Arturia, my first 5* card. The rest of the team is mostly other waifus I like: Oda Nobunaga, Kiyohime, Halloween Liz, and Shielder in the last slot. Most of my phone gaming time is sucked up by PAD, I hardly pay attention to F:GO.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

For clearing out new story content I usually go with Saber Alter, Atilla, and either Carmila or Lancer Liz. Both the sabers do so much damage to everything that isn't pure archers that they can just bruteforce anything else. Although I am getting a bunch of silver servants maxed out to make some fun gimmick teams.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I wish I knew what feelings St. Martha was trying to convey to me! :negative:

Doing her interlude since it popped up.

e: And didn't get a Dragon fang which I really need right now. :(

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 9, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dragon fangs can be easily had in any quantity desired by either doing Saber ascension dailies or just grinding the last level of Fuyuki a bunch.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just rolled Marie Antoinette. Is there any real reason to use her over Anne Bonny/Mary Read, or for that matter, Santa Alter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

-Troika- posted:

I just rolled Marie Antoinette. Is there any real reason to use her over Anne Bonny/Mary Read, or for that matter, Santa Alter?
Her second skills let her tank three attacks. Pretty fun if you put her and two Cu in a team. Great tank overall with strong self-healing.

Also her base NP hit harder that Santa, but i think santa catches up if her charisma and mana burst is at higher level.