Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhUVshvlXzU

:corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Makes sense if you think of it as a future space HUD that shines the information directly into your retinas. It's the future.

How would that work when you move your eye ball and that stupid hole part on the front of your eye ball moves. That black hole part on the front of your eye. The eye rear end in a top hat.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
From the Gamespot article here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizens-fps-gameplay-will-be-more-lethal-tha/1100-6433524/

"...we have the hologram gadget where you can put up a hologram version of yourself and you can be off sneaking somewhere else" - Christ Roberts

Fantastic. Nice to know they've caught up with Duke Nukem 3D.

"We are going to have definite things that will help you with hiding your radar and noise signature, or heat signature, and stuff like that. So we definitely want that." - Christ Roberts

Nice you have it so concrete.

"We have vents, that aren't in 2.0 but will be in in the future, where you can sneak around or crawl around in and outflank people and do stuff like that." - Christ Roberts

Space vents. Well at least that hasn't been done before. I can see how he's planning to exceed expectations in the FPS space.

"Overall, Roberts said he's envisioning the Star Marine FPS component to be "much more tactical," and naturally, a part of this is allowing players to "do stealthy stuff.""

I love doing stealthy stuff.

This article is short and worth reading. You really get the sense that for Roberts, game development really does consist of just sitting there and thinking/talking about poo poo you think would be cool, maybe.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Gwaihir posted:

Yes, it's actually him pecking away in visual studio and using the editor to test it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165H_5jgE5g

He claims credit for the original physics and skeleton animation attachment code.

It really explains a lot.

e: They actually look at the "Falling through the floor" problem that's still ingame today. That video is from July. Yeaaaa.
e2: ROFL it also has the "You can just mash use from outside a ship and have it still put you in the pilot's seat." bug, which is also still there.
This is the part that Chris specifically says that he's working on.

OK I seriously can't stop laughing at this because literally everything in this vid is still in 2.1 and it's still lovely.

When Chris is working on the retaliator it's jittering the gently caress around on the flat test level floor and he just casually goes "Oh yea it's really wobbly because the landing skids aren't actually even level teehee"

100+ million dollar engineering everyone.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I think someone referenced this several pages back while I was catching up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk

Why does it sound like Gary Oldman is shouting his lines to me from the other side of an auditorium? I didn't think it was possible to have both the face of an actor and him doing the lines and somehow make it seem completely phony, but there they are.

someone should change the speech of oldman with the words Sandi posted in the replies to Beer

I think that would be awesome, especially the part where she thinks she is the most educated, best saleswoman ,etc in the world

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Dante80 posted:

wow. I mean..eh..ah..

wow

This whole thing has been amazing.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

From the Gamespot article here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizens-fps-gameplay-will-be-more-lethal-tha/1100-6433524/

"We have vents, that aren't in 2.0 but will be in in the future, where you can sneak around or crawl around in and outflank people and do stuff like that." - Christ Roberts

Space vents. Well at least that hasn't been done before. I can see how he's planning to exceed expectations in the FPS space.

Woo ! Another ship design pass with 1/4 of them having to be redone to accommodate vents !

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Another good line from that article:

"The challenges facing the FPS launch are a mix of technical blockers and gameplay issues," Cloud Imperium said back in June."

So basically, everything. What conceivable problem could not be lumped into one of the above categories? This is JUST for Star Marine, mind you.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSR3h1wUoS8

After seeing this I am positive that this is where Sandi's marketing experience comes from.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Star Citizens are so weird about immersion.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/311396/ability-to-select-control-scheme-graphical-representation

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

D_Smart posted:

Sandi is the gift that keeps on giving. I am so loving ecstatic right now that she put this in writing. I mean seriously, you guys have NO CLUE how huge (HINT: It's a patently false) this is. It will come back to haunt her.

That is highly unprofessional email to be sent out using the company name, and you certainly don't air out your personal grievances either.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 6, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Scruffpuff posted:

Another good line from that article:

"The challenges facing the FPS launch are a mix of technical blockers and gameplay issues," Cloud Imperium said back in June."

So basically, everything. What conceivable problem could not be lumped into one of the above categories? This is JUST for Star Marine, mind you.
Chris Roberts asking everyone to re-do everything?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

I hope you guys find the attached conversation as enlightening as I did.

So basically, Sandi:

- Does the job of 6 people, down from 10 earlier.
- Is a shrewd businesswoman with a lot of experience in business.
- Wrote up the full plan (on what, the JPEG business model?) all by herself.
- Apparently is irreplaceable and paid such a low salary that it turns away everyone willing to replace her.
- Is a VP who gets her hands dirty…at a software development company.
- Doesn’t have an assistant.
- Hasn’t taken one day off in the 1-4 year development period.
- Works 16 hours a day, along with CRobbers, who is coding into the early hours.
- Used to have a lavish lifestyle from that renowned acting career and gave up to create a video movie game.
- Is the most formally educated person at CIG, even though she's never taken a proper professional writing course and writes atrociously.
- Is a qualified teacher.
- Is one of the best saleswomen in the world, without a shadow of doubt, since she was a child and has the acumen to identify the next great product.
- Claims CRobbers re-wrote a bunch of the CryEngine code to “make it do what it does now”, even though “what it does now” is exist as a jank-rear end pile of garbage.

Where Chris adds a new feature to SC because he started playing a new game, Sandi goes through a list of traits she believes will make her look more professionally credible.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

TTerrible posted:

It's been a hard hundred pages or so.

We've lost Looish and Octopode. Karl has dialled back his hit and run shitposting. Laserpig had a wobble but we're all back in the knitting circle now.

Lowtax is our star ascendant while DSmart is almost lost to us, only roused by an email from Sandi.

Something big has to happen soon. When is the next ship sale?

are you for real? Sandi just had her biggest meltdown since CitizenCon.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I actually work 100 hours per week every week and some times don't sleep for 5 days.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I mean...WOW!!!!

I love you Beer.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 6, 2016

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Lemon King posted:

That is highly unprofessional email to be sent out using the company name, and you certainly don't air out your personal grievances either.

Don't ever try to say that on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3zkmc8/derek_was_right_all_along_and_another_sandi/cymwwvw?context=3

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

RuckusRouser posted:

Wulge himself spoke about it during one of his tirades and claimed his parents named him that.

Then either Derek or one of the ppl here did some research and found his real name (I don't remember what it is, but it was posted in one of the older threads) and that he had it legally changed to Wulf.

LOL

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Acquilae posted:

So basically, Sandi:

- Apparently is irreplaceable and paid such a low salary that it turns away everyone willing to replace her.
- Works 16 hours a day, along with CRobbers, who is coding into the early hours.
- Used to have a lavish lifestyle from that renowned acting career and gave up to create a video movie game.
- Is the most formally educated person at CIG, even though she's never taken a proper professional writing course and writes atrociously.
- Is one of the best saleswomen in the world, without a shadow of doubt, since she was a child and has the acumen to identify the next great product.
- Claims CRobbers re-wrote a bunch of the CryEngine code to “make it do what it does now”, even though “what it does now” is exist as a jank-rear end pile of garbage.

Where Chris adds a new feature to SC because he started playing a new game, Sandi goes through a list of traits she believes will make her look more professionally credible.
it's literally chris and sandi doing most of the work really

CIG is just a lil' mom n' pop small business america never forget

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

This article is short and worth reading. You really get the sense that for Roberts, game development really does consist of just sitting there and thinking/talking about poo poo you think would be cool, maybe.

The single player game is going to be a 100 million dollar piece of sperg outsider art and completely irrelevant as a game. It's going to be absolutely hilarious unless you were one of the idiots that helped pay for it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

"...we have the hologram gadget where you can put up a hologram version of yourself and you can be off sneaking somewhere else" - Christ Roberts

Fantastic. Nice to know they've caught up with Duke Nukem 3D.

"We are going to have definite things that will help you with hiding your radar and noise signature, or heat signature, and stuff like that. So we definitely want that." - Christ Roberts

Nice you have it so concrete.

"Overall, Roberts said he's envisioning the Star Marine FPS component to be "much more tactical," and naturally, a part of this is allowing players to "do stealthy stuff.""

I love doing stealthy stuff.

Oh cool, my friends and I used to skip school and do game design, we called it getting high then but what did we know?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
She's a Marine Biologist too!

Like, she might have a bachelors in bio and likes sea animals Marine Biologist.

Not the "has done research on sea animals, is published in academic journals, and teaches undergrad oceanography classes" type.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo, Beer do you have a screenshot of the message left on your account on CIG's forums explaining why you were banned? Also what's the username for that pedo vid guy?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 6, 2016

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
*had a lemonade stand at age 8*
I'VE BEEN THE GREATEST BUSINESS WOMAN SINCE I WAS A CHILD

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

TTerrible posted:

We've lost Looish and Octopode. Karl has dialled back his hit and run shitposting. Laserpig had a wobble but we're all back in the knitting circle now.

Lowtax is our star ascendant while DSmart is almost lost to us, only roused by an email from Sandi.

I haven't gone anywhere.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Acquilae posted:

So basically, Sandi:

This is amazing.

Dont forget the 5 languages, 20/20 vision etc...

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Bait and Swatch posted:

I don't know what this is from, but I think this guy has pieces of a fish tank on his face

It's a pussy pump.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TTerrible posted:

:golfclap:

nice summary

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

RSI Forums: Is this enough incentive for you to crew my ship?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I think someone referenced this several pages back while I was catching up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk

Why does it sound like Gary Oldman is shouting his lines to me from the other side of an auditorium? I didn't think it was possible to have both the face of an actor and him doing the lines and somehow make it seem completely phony, but there they are.

Every fuckin time Gary starts talking I crack the gently caress up, I can't help it.

:corsair: FOR TWO HUNDWED YEARSH :corsair:

That's as far as I get before laughing

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

It's a pussy pump.

Well now it is

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Kakarot posted:

This is amazing.

Scentless vagina, never farts, stands on her head to use her feet as 2 extra hands while coding SC... The list goes on.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Kakarot posted:

This is amazing.

15/15 vision!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

Every fuckin time Gary starts talking I crack the gently caress up, I can't help it.

:corsair: FOR TWO HUNDWED YEARSH :corsair:

That's as far as I get before laughing

If it were just the voice, I might still make it. But the voice PLUS his unchanging, unnatural facial expression is just too much.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Everyone in this thread should stop being so butt hurt.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

You have my pump :patriot:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Octopode posted:

I haven't gone anywhere.

:glomp:

still a true believer?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine being a coder or artist or whatever with proper qualifications working at CIG and seeing this unstable gold digging skeletor wannabe actress with no experience in your industry who only got the job because she occasionally gives the owner a disinterested hand job telling customers she's the most formally qualified person at the company. Imagine it. I'd be pretty salty about that.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kakarot posted:

This is amazing.

Reposting her public resume for posterity cause it just adds to the ridiculousness of beers emails

https://web.archive.org/web/2007110...dgcfjjinfhimecg

She can play ping pong too

Also notice no education for the most highly educated person in the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Everyone in this thread should stop being so butt hurt.

But if the butt hurts, that means you had a lot of fun last night.

• Locked thread