Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Only New Zealanders will know this one.

Willy Nilly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_Nilly

quote:

The series' most prominent fan base is made up of women over the age of 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm glad the The Big Bang Theory as been mentioned multiple times in this thread, because it is an absolute garbage show. One thing I don't remember being mentioned that is one of my personal gripes with the show is how it is shot, and namely the bizarre oversaturation of colors it relies on. It's like they discovered the hue/saturation controls on their cameras and cranked that poo poo to 11. Not only is the writing complete crap, but it is also shot like a bad children's show with blown-out primary colors being the primary palette.

This is intentional. Nerds like comics, so you make it look like a comic book. It's like poetry, it rhymes!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BaZinga! $$$ lol

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

YeahTubaMike posted:

not only was titus a great show, the red-haired brother was super hot.

Don't get me wrong reread my post it was Worst TV show because of the decisions made/subject matters. If you want a show to get cancelled/never ending stream of poo poo from execs, terrorism jokes just months after 9/11 are a good start. I think the show itself is really good and Chris Titus made the worst show because he's managed to write a good show too offensive for Fox of all places.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Bruce Springsteen loved Titus. It can't be terrible if The Boss likes it.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

My all time worst TV show was The Chevy Chase Show. I think it got cancelled mid season?

Nope. 5 weeks. It ran for 4 weeks, got cancelled, and the 5th week was a "best of" episode.

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

Bumming Your Scene posted:

My all time worst TV show was The Chevy Chase Show. I think it got cancelled mid season?

Nope. 5 weeks. It ran for 4 weeks, got cancelled, and the 5th week was a "best of" episode.

To be fair wasnt the original idea of the show supposed to be pretty good and then the network just turned it into an awkward talk show?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wasn't it destined to be poo poo no matter what because Chevy was doing about an ounce of high quality coke every day?

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

Wasn't it destined to be poo poo no matter what because Chevy was doing about an ounce of high quality coke every day?

True

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Chevy was bad, but McEnroe was worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpLX4gzshG0

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Stargate: Universe

The show only got as far as it did (2 seasons) because its predecessors were huge successes. Well, SG-1 was very successful with 10 seasons, and Atlantis was 5 seasons long but was cut short to make room for the poo poo pile that was Universe. I remember my heart sinking after watching the very first episode.

Some fat smart kid was able to get himself involved in the top secret Stargate program because he beat a complex problem in a video game. Then I remember some out of the blue hump action going on in a locker room between two characters that we know nothing about. While I have nothing against sex on tv, the way it was portrayed was that the show was being aimed at teenagers in the most insultingly embarrassingly, obnoxious way possible. I kept watching it for a full season because I already invested in 15 years of the drat franchise and didn't think it was possible to have bad episode after bad episode.

Basically it was Dawson's Creek in space. And no, I never watched Dawson's Creek save for one episode because I was curious what it was about since that was the talk of tv land while I was in high school. I was mortified how people thought this show was the least bit interesting. I had it nicely locked away and forgotten in my brain until I saw that first episode of Universe.

ijii fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 6, 2016

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm sure Baywatch Nights has to be worth mentioning. The show where David Hasselhoff without warning starts fighting aliens midway through the second season inexplicably

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

ijii posted:

Stargate: Universe

The show only got as far as it did (2 seasons) because its predecessors were huge successes. Well, SG-1 was very successful with 10 seasons, and Atlantis was 5 seasons long but was cut short to make room for the poo poo pile that was Universe. I remember my heart sinking after watching the very first episode.

Some fat smart kid was able to get himself involved in the top secret Stargate program because he beat a complex problem in a video game. Then I remember some out of the blue hump action going on in a locker room between two characters that we know nothing about. While I have nothing against sex on tv, the way it was portrayed was that the show was being aimed at teenagers in the most insultingly embarrassingly, obnoxious way possible. I kept watching it for a full season because I already invested in 15 years of the drat franchise and didn't think it was possible to have bad episode after bad episode.

Basically it was Dawson's Creek in space. And no, I never watched Dawson's Creek save for one episode because I was curious what it was about since that was the talk of tv land while I was in high school. I was mortified how people thought this show was the least bit interesting. I had it nicely locked away and forgotten in my brain until I saw that first episode of Universe.

Eh, no Peg. Robert Carlyle playing a Magnificent Bastard.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Worst show I've probably ever seen: Maybe the Geico Caveman show or whatever

Worst show that people liked: Friends.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer. The P was not silent.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

Season 2 was incredibly good, as in it was like a completely different show compared to Season 1.

You should watch (The Leftovers), coming from a person who shitted up the Season 1 thread.

What season was it where the old woman paid the pastor to smack her son (?) in the rear end with an oar while calling him "Danny"?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Popular Human posted:

The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer. The P was not silent.

It did become a running joke for Clerks the Animated Series, so it's not all bad.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

facebook jihad posted:

I'm sure Baywatch Nights has to be worth mentioning. The show where David Hasselhoff without warning starts fighting aliens midway through the second season inexplicably

I'm sorry what

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

PassTheRemote posted:

It did become a running joke for Clerks the Animated Series, so it's not all bad.

Yet another two aired episode wonder. (at the time it originally aired, think Comedy Central aired the whole series eventually.)

One of the biggest mistakes was airing the episodes out of order, like it was the 4th and 2nd episodes and the 2nd episode is a flashback episode to the 1st episode so it kinda ruins the whole gag of it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Did that show based on a joke twitter account called @shitmydadsays or something ever air or did the execs sober up and pull it before further embarassing thenselves

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

thathonkey posted:

Did that show based on a joke twitter account called @shitmydadsays or something ever air or did the execs sober up and pull it before further embarassing thenselves

I vaguely remember this show and looking it up caused me to learn that Surviving Jack, a good show that was cancelled after a year, was also based on tweets by that same twitter idiot. So I guess gently caress you for ruining that good show for me with this new knowledge.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

thathonkey posted:

Pretty sure it had more than one season and starred William Shatner

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Nah, just the one. It'd even sorted itself out and was solid.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I do think in terms of real damage to society, Downton Abbey is up there for making a lot of people sort of think the gentry was cool again? What the gently caress? Those were dark loving times and rich people aren't loving special.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Pick posted:

I do think in terms of real damage to society, Downton Abbey is up there for making a lot of people sort of think the gentry was cool again? What the gently caress? Those were dark loving times and rich people aren't loving special.

Actually, rich people are special. If they weren't special, why would they be rich? That wouldn't make any sense.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Happy Bear Suit posted:

what the gently caress

Family Matters is like the 2nd best Black Family sitcom

Well, it's a pretty distant second from Roc.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_the_Medium

Monica the Medium is an American reality television series about Monica Ten-Kate, a student at Pennsylvania State University who is also a medium

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Allen Gregory

the perfect example of how not to make a TV show with an unlikable main character

edit: i see i've been beaten to this multiple times

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think a lot of the complaints did stem from the audience really hating all the characters being terrible people and I believe there was a comment somewhere from one of the showrunners that was the idea and the joke was that they were horrible people and none of them were introspective enough to notice it about themselves or one another.
Eastbound and Down (a show that inspired Jonah Hill to make this poo poo) and Archer both have unlikable characters, but at least they're funny and the world doesn't seemingly bend to their whims. all the characters in Allen Gregory are awful and have no redeeming characteristics at all

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 6, 2016

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

They had one of the series' writers/creators on an NPR interview a few weeks ago and he says that that is basically the point (that rich people were terrible then) and he is disappointed that most people don't get it.

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

They had one of the series' writers/creators on an NPR interview a few weeks ago and he says that that is basically the point (that rich people were terrible then) and he is disappointed that most people don't get it.

Rich twats. The latest season opens with them struggling to get by with less servants. "whatever will we do without a Second Footman??"

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

Really? Because the creator and lead writer is as blue blooded as you can get, and the show comes across as fetishism of the rich.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Idiot Kicker posted:

70s television is almost cheating in this thread.
2 Broke Girls is the worst of modern TV. There is no comedic depth to it. There are early 90s stereotypes throughout. Whitney Cummings is a total hackfest.

"Whitney"was twice as bad as 2 broke girls.

And the Dana Carvey show that ran for 3 episodes was Chevy-level bad.

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 6, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I actually kinda thought the Hitler show wasn't that bad. Then again I willingly watched both seasons of The Loop so I am not the person to judge the worth of TV shows.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

amityville anus posted:

Don't get me wrong reread my post it was Worst TV show because of the decisions made/subject matters. If you want a show to get cancelled/never ending stream of poo poo from execs, terrorism jokes just months after 9/11 are a good start. I think the show itself is really good and Chris Titus made the worst show because he's managed to write a good show too offensive for Fox of all places.

i wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you, i was just saying

The X-man cometh posted:

"Whitney"was twice as bad as 2 broke girls.

whitney was terrible, and then the guy left his wife for a man and as soon as that was about to get interesting they canceled it

edit:

Solice Kirsk posted:

I actually kinda thought the Hitler show wasn't that bad. Then again I willingly watched both seasons of The Loop so I am not the person to judge the worth of TV shows.

i liked the showbiz show with david spade and new adventures of old christine (not just because the guy who played christine's brother was super hot), so i think it's okay to sometimes like shows that are objectively bad

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

i wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you, i was just saying

whitney was terrible, and then the guy left his wife for a man and as soon as that was about to get interesting they canceled it

edit:

i liked the showbiz show with david spade and new adventures of old christine (not just because the guy who played christine's brother was super hot), so i think it's okay to sometimes like shows that are objectively bad

Like the walking dead? :ohdear:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

HeatherChandler posted:

For whatever reason as a kid I was obsessed with the short lived series 'The Charmings,' a whacky sitcom about fairytale people living in the modern world for reasons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Charmings
My older brother recently made me watch an episode on YouTube as payback for the times I cried until my mom put it on the our TV.

Still more watchable than Once Upon A Time.

It's like the casting director was told "When you're casting women, make sure that none of them are above a 6"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Weener Beater posted:

Rich twats. The latest season opens with them struggling to get by with less servants. "whatever will we do without a Second Footman??"

"Oh noooo we're going to lose the great house!!!" good, I hope you end up on the streets, being rich isn't a loving job you twat

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Objectively, I can't imagine anything being worse than "Heil Honey, I'm Home". How that made it any farther than the pitch meeting, I will never understand.

The worst show I have personally seen? Probably Blue Bloods. Goebbels is looking up at this show from Hell and going, "Why didn't I think of that?"

The show I hate the most? Shark Tank. The American Communist Party could use this show for a recruiting tool. Maybe they do.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The show I hate the most? Shark Tank. The American Communist Party could use this show for a recruiting tool. Maybe they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGK9ni4aSY&t=375s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i like hearing more about lovely tv shows people actually enjoy like kid nation

• Locked thread