Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Avalanche posted:

Other Experience
Multi-ethnic, Open ethnicity
CLASSICAL PIANO (15 YRS), Bikram Yoga, TAE-BO, Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Theatrical Combat, Surfing, MODERN DANCE, SCUBA DIVING, Qualified Marine Biologist, Motorcycling, Tennis, Cycling, Swimming, FOREIGN LANGUAGES - German, French, Japanese, Tagalog and basic Spanish.

What the gently caress is a qualified marine biologist?
What's an unqualified marine biologist?

Erm...I more surprised thats even in there, never saw that before. Just as a footnote...lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

I still do. Everywhere. In fact, something HUGE is happening, but I can't talk about it yet. Two weeks.
:captainpop:

Lowtax posted:

Don't troll Derek, the last kid who tried that didn't have a leg to stand on and wheelie got in a lot of trouble
:sbahj:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Lowtax posted:

Don't troll Derek, the last kid who tried that didn't have a leg to stand on and wheelie got in a lot of trouble

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

I still do. Everywhere. In fact, something HUGE is happening, but I can't talk about it yet. Two weeks.

I dont believe this guy anymore

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The one that stands out for me is that she lists training in "audition techniques"

Like sure take the hell out of that class but why are you putting it on a resume?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Kakarot posted:

I believe him because something amazing with Star Citizen is always happening two weeks from now.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lowtax posted:

:eyepop:

this goddamn thread

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kakarot posted:

I actually like that he does that cause you know sandi is scrambling about trying to figure out what he knows. Lol

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Kakarot posted:

Martial Arts

KARATE, TAE KWON DO, TAIBO

hahaha

quote:

Total commitment to whatever you do
:siren:Awareness of yourself :siren: and the world
Excellence, the truest goal in anything you do
(the) Body as a force for total change
Obedience to your will and your true desire for change

Pretty sure she's not qualified.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Romes128 posted:

I actually like that he does that cause you know sandi is scrambling about trying to figure out what he knows. Lol

She figured it out months ago and has been playing him like a fiddle. :smuggo:

Did I mention she was a master fiddle player?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

32% of forum members think CIG is basically retarded and loving everything up. And they're right.

I wonder what that percentage would be for the average game during development. I'd guess more like 10%, but really have no idea.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

LGD posted:

The one that stands out for me is that she lists training in "audition techniques"

Like sure take the hell out of that class but why are you putting it on a resume?

Sandi has no capacity for outside perspective

Literally everything she has ever done is the most important thing ever

I'm betting she only said she was a crap teacher to get ben to say "no, i bet you were the greatest in all the verse"

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
I wasn't sure about some things before, but after that amazing meltdown I am 100% on Team Derek.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LGD posted:

It's pretty loving bizarre. It's barely any different than listing "Faking that I'm a competent actor" on your resume.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chickenfrogman posted:

I wasn't sure about some things before, but after that amazing meltdown I am 100% on Team Derek.

Welcome aboard, friend.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lowtax posted:

That's him in the wheelchair.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lowtax posted:

Why does everybody related to SC spend time writing a million paragraphs about how Derek Smart isn't worth the time to write a million paragraphs about?

Well doh. Probably because, before July 2015, nobody was insane enough to rage and take on a company well on their way to $100M (you can buy a lot of lawyers with that kind of dough). Because, well, you have to be all kinds of special crazy to even do such a thing.

That's where I come in.

But I stand firm on everything I've written. They know - deep down inside - when this whole thing collapses, my name will be the one most mentioned and held solely responsible for raising the alarm.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks.

Someone tried to say that the pedo guy you referenced could have been given a permanent ban since "pending CIG decision" was mentioned in that Boraxx post, and that you could have gotten that same treatment but no image ever existed of your ban message (which I was pretty positive it did get posted) which is why I asked.

Also, for reference, it turns out though, they just gave the pedo guy a 7-day ban for his pedo vid and let him keep posting until he ate a permanent ban for threatening to kill other players in the game, which remember isn't allowed on the forums.

So to recap, CIG gave a guy who posted a video with what their moderators describe as pedophilic content a 7-day probation and let him return just fine but felt that Beer's tweets and interaction with Derek Smart on Twitter were too toxic and constituted corporate espionage so they banned him from the forums permanently.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Beet Wagon posted:

Can we still make jokes about being addicted to cheese? Cheese never hurt anybody. Well, except for those ladies that died in the tragic Triangle Cheese-Slice factory fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpzaHapvSGk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

lmao

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Avalanche posted:

Other Experience
CLASSICAL PIANO (15 YRS), Bikram Yoga, TAE-BO, Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Theatrical Combat, Surfing, MODERN DANCE, SCUBA DIVING, Qualified Marine Biologist, Motorcycling, Tennis, Cycling, Swimming, FOREIGN LANGUAGES - German, French, Japanese, Tagalog and basic Spanish.

She can tell the difference between a mcfish and a big fish

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Avalanche posted:

Other Experience

she means space marines duh

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Holy smokes 1000 new posts from this afternoon. I assume Sandi has run off with Ben. Reading a million posts now...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

Well, I just got an email telling me I'm getting a free Oculus Rift so I hope SC rushes to implement VR as soon as possible so I can vomit into my poopsock while grinding for my Idris.

This is a post to let everyone know I'm getting a free rift.

Join the club. I'm getting four. :)

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
I like how Bikram Yoga is in there...

I have experience in Bikram Yoga too!

gently caress Bikram Yoga.

2 hours spent trying not to die from dehydration instead of getting to creeper peep on Cali yoga pants booty and of course it ended with "namaste".

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

D_Smart posted:

I lucked out with the original Kickstarter. Once it finished and everyone was losing their minds I sold mine before delivery for twice the pledge price. Never even saw it. Got that e-mail today and I was blown away. Are you ready for the PTU? Are the other three for your turret gunners? :)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lowtax posted:

:five:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
If Krill01 were anymore of a carebear, they would be able to shoot rainbows from their chest.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6203268/#Comment_6203268

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TTerrible posted:

I lucked out with the original Kickstarter. Once it finished and everyone was losing their minds I sold mine before delivery for twice the pledge price. Never even saw it. Got that e-mail today and I was blown away. Are you ready for the PTU? Are the other three for your turret gunners? :)

Is it too late for an :lol: ?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I feel so fly being a derek smartie

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

So she's basically everything apart from an astronaut and a gamer... and she's developing a loving SPACE GAME.

How did she find time to fit all of that poo poo into her life, there aren't enough hours in the day...

Monday: I'll be a jetski'er and learn Japanese
Tuesday: I'll be an actor and do some triathlon
Wednesday: I'll be a sword fighter then roller skate to Fine Living to host Destination!
Thursday: I'll be a marine biologist and learn German in a French accent
Friday: I'll be a rock climber and do some tae kwon do whilst I learn piano
Saturday: I'll be a ballroom dancing masseuse and learn the Alexander technique at Howard fine studio
Sunday: I'll marry a game developer and develope a space game so I can add gamer and astronaut to my list of accolades

Laserpig fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 6, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Well doh. Probably because, before July 2015, nobody was insane enough to rage and take on a company well on their way to $100M (you can buy a lot of lawyers with that kind of dough). Because, well, you have to be all kinds of special crazy to even do such a thing.

That's where I come in.

But I stand firm on everything I've written. They know - deep down inside - when this whole thing collapses, my name will be the one most mentioned and held solely responsible for raising the alarm.

Bless you, Derek. You're doing the Lord's work.

Also, can I have one of your Rifts? I don't want to buy one because I think the Vive is going to be better. Tia.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

:vince:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I love how madden gifs are somehow now a SC-SA thread meme. MARK MY WORDS.... when SC fails, Derek Smart will be listed by name along with "a certain few internet communities" as part of the reason.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 6, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mirificus posted:

If Krill01 were anymore of a carebear, they would be able to shoot rainbows from their chest.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6203268/#Comment_6203268

Wouldn't it be super cheap and easy for CIG to let these people check some box during character creation that inserts their character into a single player universe? I mean it'd be the same as a regular player except their info isn't sent to any other players, and no other players info is sent to them. They'd just play their MMO all by themselves.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

Send me one of yours so I can try it out before I buy one to make sure it doesn't kill me. I'll send it back, promise!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

Today Derek Smart woke up in heaven

I was on a loving plane when it all went down. I landed to a deluge of data. It was like someone sent me an autographed gift from the Gods

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lowtax posted:

have you ever seen Derek Smart say that he doesn't gently caress animals?

ahahahaha! wait! those weren't even real. So it doesn't count!! Stuff animals aren't real. Geez.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Unfunny Poster posted:

Thanks.

Someone tried to say that the pedo guy you referenced could have been given a permanent ban since "pending CIG decision" was mentioned in that Boraxx post, and that you could have gotten that same treatment but no image ever existed of your ban message (which I was pretty positive it did get posted) which is why I asked.

Also, for reference, it turns out though, they just gave the pedo guy a 7-day ban for his pedo vid and let him keep posting until he ate a permanent ban for threatening to kill other players in the game, which remember isn't allowed on the forums.

So to recap, CIG gave a guy who posted a video with what their moderators describe as pedophilic content a 7-day probation and let him return just fine but felt that Beer's tweets and interaction with Derek Smart on Twitter were too toxic and constituted corporate espionage so they banned him from the forums permanently.

Got a source for the pedo guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Bait and Swatch posted:

I don't know what this is from, but I think this guy has pieces of a fish tank on his face

Lmao

• Locked thread