Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
Last night I tripped in my heels and wiped out on the gravel sidewalk in front of Bootcha's place, right in front of his parents (fantastic). I immediately swapped out my heels for more practical shoes and decided to donate the drat heels to Goodwill or something. Then I thought perhaps I ought to gift wrap them and send them to Sandi. I could even enclose a little note:

Dear Sandi,

Roses are red
Violets are blue
These shoes are horrible
And so are you.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i've become convinced that this thread is the game, and it's delivered up a whole lot of entertainment for :10bux:

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
https://web.archive.org/web/2007110...dgcfjjinfhimecg

Oh hey, she says she played 'Anne' in "The Mystery of Natalie Wood". Hadn't heard of this movie, sounds like my cup of tea, let's check IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389121/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Can't find her name, can't find her name.. oh, here she is, listed as Party Girl (uncredited) listed in the credits after 'Drunk Man' and 'Little Girl (9)'.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

:q:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

lol

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
Sandi strikes me as the classic scientologist, maybe that's worth looking into.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

kordansk posted:

Look, if she bills for the hours, she didn't take the day off.

Edit: wait

i not read

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

:laffo:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Lol :perfect:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sperg train haven't brakes.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn this thread. I take a little time away from it when things got kind of slow, now I've spent days getting caught back up and there's still no end in site.

Keep up the good work, Goonsirs. One day, when they find the internet buried in a desert, this thread will be the Dead Sea Scrolls of its time.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can they really have lured 150,000 idiots to get an account in like the last month?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Romes128 posted:

Oh god whereas the guy that was tallying the prices of restoration hardware furniture. Lol

gently caress it I'll do it beats real work.

lol the sofas start at $2795 the chairs run from $1095 - $2795 and the ottomans start at just $665. Though that's with an up to 75% sale on and who knows what kind of mates rates they get because they must know someone who works there.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 6, 2016

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Does lowtax know that allowing some of these gifs to be posted on his website could be considered aiding and abetting corporate espionage?

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Goddamn, those e-mails are amazing.

"I'm doing the jobs of six different people, I work ALL the time and never get time off. Welp, better start going through some inconsequential CS bullshit e-mails that could be handled by our most junior staff and ensure that the guy who's complaining understands how hard I work."

Seriously, the content of the e-mails is one thing, but the fact that she even took the time out of her (apparently incredibly busy) day is loving mind blowing. No offence to you Beer, but an executive at a $100M+ company shouldn't even be bothering with that kind of poo poo, let alone writing embarrassing screeds on company time. Even if all that writing went into a press release that was being disseminated to every backer, she shouldn't be spending that kind of time. You hire peons to do this poo poo, and you MAYBE look over it before it goes out if you have the time.

If there was any doubt about whether or not this project was being managed well, those e-mails are concrete evidence that it's not.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Of course the community doesn't find the complete lack of a game or even any sign they are making 1/100 of what they promised a serious issue.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Thats exactly whats going to happen. Remember, Star Citizen cannot fail, it can only be failed. When it goes down, the true believers will blame anyone but CIG. It'll be Derek's fault. Or the evil publishing magnates. Or Lowtax. Or Beer. Or Bootcha. Or the Escapist. Everything was going fine until some horrible, evil goons decided for no good reason to tear down DREAMS. It was a conspiracy! Why did they ruin it! Chris and Sandi are innocent victims of a lynch mob!

The best part about it is that no one will believe it but their cult. Everyone will know they were stupid rubes. Imagine when the outside world finds out about this. The sheer, mind crushing embarrassment when a news organization gets a hold of the fact that people were just buying jpegs worth tens of thousands of dollars.

I have no doubt lives will be ruined at the end of this journey.

Martout posted:

And it's probably 1-3000$ a pop to boot.

God, I love the value fallacy. If you price something stupidly high, people will think it is worth it when you just look like a retard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Like, how many ships do you even need? Are people seriously thinking they are going to play this game for the rest of their lives so they just keep buying poo poo? I don't loving understand this. Half of the ships you can't even fly, the other half don't even work right and there are no systems in the game to boot other than badly shooting at another person's ship.

Part of me wants to believe that its new people. But I know it isn't new people. I know it is the mentally ill who are just funneling each and every penny of their disposable income into it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmbo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Can they really have lured 150,000 idiots to get an account in the last month?

Almost. They gained around 78,000 new accounts, but the more important number is that they got around 47,000 new starships between 2015-12-06 and today. Whether or not that translates to 47,000 new backers is impossible to know but it's unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual number of new backers is slowing and CIG is dumping cheap ships on the market to keep the $/ship ratio artificially low.

Of course one would think that a company proud of its open development would actually be open about the number of backers supporting them, but that's clearly crazy talk.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You know what's the best about the Madden gifs? They promised futuristic Madden action in the game all the way back in 2013.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13365-Lore-Builder-Four-Sataball

I forgot all about that. Maybe the plan is keep promising more crazy poo poo so people forget about the crazy poo poo you've already failed at

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Oculus Rift pre-orders are up. 600$ + 60$ for shipping.

Also, hope you have a beastly PC.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Natron posted:

Goddamn, those e-mails are amazing.

"I'm doing the jobs of six different people, I work ALL the time and never get time off. Welp, better start going through some inconsequential CS bullshit e-mails that could be handled by our most junior staff and ensure that the guy who's complaining understands how hard I work."

Seriously, the content of the e-mails is one thing, but the fact that she even took the time out of her (apparently incredibly busy) day is loving mind blowing. No offence to you Beer, but an executive at a $100M+ company shouldn't even be bothering with that kind of poo poo, let alone writing embarrassing screeds on company time. Even if all that writing went into a press release that was being disseminated to every backer, she shouldn't be spending that kind of time. You hire peons to do this poo poo, and you MAYBE look over it before it goes out if you have the time.

If there was any doubt about whether or not this project was being managed well, those e-mails are concrete evidence that it's not.

Oh absolutely. I'm a loving nobody.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Dapper Dan posted:

Part of me wants to believe that its new people. But I know it isn't new people. I know it is the mentally ill who are just funneling each and every penny of their disposable income into it.

My wife works with a handful of gamers which she shop talks with frequently. One of them is playing Elite atm, and he tells her that they're regularly hounded in chat by cultists telling them they have to come try SC. One guy got cornered in person by a cultist and it was worse than a Jehovah's Witness.

With that kind of obsession (which Sandi would call passion), I'm not that surprised so many new people are hopping on the Titanic.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dapper Dan posted:

Like, how many ships do you even need? Are people seriously thinking they are going to play this game for the rest of their lives so they just keep buying poo poo? I don't loving understand this. Half of the ships you can't even fly, the other half don't even work right and there are no systems in the game to boot other than badly shooting at another person's ship.

It's the classic Pokemon strategy. Get nerds hooked on something and they will buy all of it. Don't believe me? Go check out the amounts of money some goons have spent on MWO.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

That's the popular narrative, but it's not exactly on point. Derek has admitted that they could make the game, but it would take many more years and a lot more money to do it.

It doesn't really matter who blows this horn. If some shabby hobo crawls out of a sewer grate, covered in poo poo, and sees a bus coming up behind you and shouts "look out!", the thought "this guy has no credibility" will be the very last one you ever have.

One day soon Star Citizen will become the BDSSE, and on that day bitcoin will go To The Moon! A brave new technotopia where farmers will be space gods.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hey now. Not to us you're not.

NOT TO US.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Can they really have lured 150,000 idiots to get an account in like the last month?

After Chris proudly told the world that 80.000 citizens played alpha 2.0 since they launched it? Suddenly they get double that in new backers in the same timeframe? Sounds logical to me :shrug:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Scruffpuff posted:

My wife works with a handful of gamers which she shop talks with frequently. One of them is playing Elite atm, and he tells her that they're regularly hounded in chat by cultists telling them they have to come try SC. One guy got cornered in person by a cultist and it was worse than a Jehovah's Witness.

With that kind of obsession (which Sandi would call passion), I'm not that surprised so many new people are hopping on the Titanic.

I really wish that would happen to me.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm still convinced the only reason she took the time to do that is because she thinks you're the key to convincing all of us to love Star Citizen. Well, and because she's insanely narcissistic and wants everyone to like her. But mostly that first part.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

C'mon, nobody noticed that kids tiny right arm. Its like Scary Movie 2.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I made an account to grief with next time they do a free weekend, hopefully there are others who did the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

• Locked thread