Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

asiina scum meta spotted.

id vote her over bigupdj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
who would you like me to vote master jake?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

totino boy posted:

who would you like me to vote master jake?

I'd be fine with a chic, E+, Asiina, or tommunist lynch

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Chic Trombone posted:

Anyways I have somewhere to be soon and don't have enough time to catch up (and won't be around at deadline either) so I'm gonna drop a ##vote bigup and post more d3. sorry folks!!

Two straight (game) days of nothing but dropping contentless votes on the voteleader when the deadline nears, there's no way chic isn't lurker-scum. ##vote chic

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lotta peeps getting excited about a lurker lynch. i recall those being frowned upon of late

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

totino boy posted:

lotta peeps getting excited about a lurker lynch. i recall those being frowned upon of late

Its not just a lurkers lynch

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Part of my gut on Chic is the way she came in and voted Bigup at a time when the momentum on that lynch had stagnated a bit, but also the way she came back to the thread after a long absence with a lovely excuse

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Part of my gut on Chic is the way she came in and voted Bigup at a time when the momentum on that lynch had stagnated a bit, but also the way she came back to the thread after a long absence with a lovely excuse

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

JakeP posted:

we no lynched yesterday and the fact taht people are content to sit on this one dude, and post nothing else until the deadline in a couple hours is pathedic, especially considering many of the people voting the guy have even said they have no alignment read on him. Its going to be day 3 and we are going to have a no lynch and a lynch where nobody is even accountable and everyone is fine with that

Bolding mine but yeah, for real - we all know a D1 or D2 lynch can be a shot in the dark but you should at least be able to say "I have a gut feeling this guy is scum". This is pretty limp so far.

totino boy posted:

Fursonally I'm cool with a D1/D2 lurker lynch but only because after that the mod should be putting boots to asses to get posting going.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Oh and then the fact that she vanished again

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

asiina scum meta spotted.

Nice try, scumbo. Being busy for 24 hours because I got the setup of a soldiers game dumped on me is definitely me lurking.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hmm it does have a certain 'vibe' to it

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I've been straight out with work and needed to take a break from the thread after my minor meltdown. I'm voting bigup for the scum claim and because he's been content lurking/lurking in general, but I'd vote chic or e+as well. Not killing someone again would be unacceptable.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I also know that I'm not going to die tonight, and I'm much better with at least one flip to work with

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm here for about 30 minutes or so (during which I'm eating dinner) and then I'm gone and may or may not be back before deadline I have no idea.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know what, I'm really feeling chic for the low effort lurking, atleast dj is shitposting
##vote chic

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Asiina posted:

I mean it's nice to say "oh let's scumhunt instead of going for the obvious target" but if there's someone who isn't going to play the game and you're completely unable to determine his alignment because of it, then in absence of something stronger I see no problem with anyone who votes for him.

Asiina posted:

I'm indifferent to the scum claim, but annoyed at someone who is never going to play.

Asiina posted:

You're wringing your hands over people voting someone who is completely refusing to play and saying that those votes are reflecting poorly on the community?

Oh please.

Asiina posted:

please, bigup dj! please, shrivel the grandeur of thine play that I, asiina, can comprehend it with my tiny infant's brain. I am forced by thou undeniable brilliance to invoke somest bullshit about legitimate and illegitimate forms of game playing, that i mayst keep the game agreeable to mine own smallness. hark! it is true - i have dubious mastery over a narrow skillset which i take pride in misapplying. Ah! i am undone! *fades away into nothingness*

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
i will kill chic trombome also ##vote chic

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well both of these candidates are extremely boring and i don't have any reason to think they are scum.

Asiina posted:

Nice try, scumbo. Being busy for 24 hours because I got the setup of a soldiers game dumped on me is definitely me lurking.

yeah but more than that i really don't like you phoning in today's lunch.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I'm here for about 30 minutes or so (during which I'm eating dinner) and then I'm gone and may or may not be back before deadline I have no idea.

my thing has nothing to do with you lurking, and everything to do with the terrible content you have posted

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

I mean it's nice to say "oh let's scumhunt instead of going for the obvious target" but if there's someone who isn't going to play the game and you're completely unable to determine his alignment because of it, then in absence of something stronger I see no problem with anyone who votes for him.

I would argue that the above logic makes a stronger case for Chic than it does for BigUp.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have hopes that Chic will either eventually provide some content or be replaced/modkilled for lurking.

Bigup has the 5th highest postcount and has said absolutely nothing. He is never going to be helpful and he's never going to be out of the game unless we lynch him.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't deny that as untrue, but gently caress man. idk what to do. this lurk meta is the worst part of this community

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I have hopes that Chic will either eventually provide some content or be replaced/modkilled for lurking.

Based on what? Her great track record for not lurking the poo poo out of games?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i should have read the post I was quoting first, but really asiinas reasoning for voting bigup over chic is very inconsistent.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like despite bigups play I don't think it is difficult to make an alignment read on him. Nobody is doing that, nobody is even calling him scummy. The fact that he is a vote leader at all should be very telling of his alignment

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
basically I am saying Bigup is probably town

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
but anyone that is voting Bigup, that isn't saying they think he is scum, and also isn't saying who they think is scum is either scum themselves or a rear end tier mafia player

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and really anyone citing scum claim as a reason for voting him really needs to work on their critical thinking skills

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jake you want to play cs tonight?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Scum claiming is anti town and should be punished accordingly. I will die on this hill.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

Scum claiming is anti town and should be punished accordingly. I will die on this hill.

Policy lynches are great excuses for scum to throw votes around and excuse themselves from actually playing

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the same token exakt, it is the dudes first game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

Like what is the scum motivation to scum claim? Scum claiming makes as much sense from a town player as it does from a scum player

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Crossing your arms and saying I am going to vote this player for breaching mafia norms is actually scummier than scum claiming if you ask me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

jake you want to play cs tonight?

yes im making dinner now i will after i eat

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dj, if you loving it, post a dank gnome meme. if not. say your town now to comfort exakt's troubled soul

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

imgay posted:

dj, if you loving it, post a dank gnome meme. if not. say your town now to comfort exakt's troubled soul

great minds think alike (gmta)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gnome minds think alike (gmta)!

• Locked thread