Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched about 10 minutes of The Ridiculous 6 last night and I'll tell you hwat, it's a prime candidate for worst of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

YEAH YEAH

YEAH YEAH

YEAH

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
When the hell are we getting that Steve spin-off podcast about all the weirdos he encounters in New York?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

RIPD Goober

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Here's the movie they were plugging at the start. Steve and Andrew are pretty good in it.
https://vimeo.com/150637727

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Do I need to look up the characters of Entourage on wikipedia before I listen to this? I never watched that show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Somehow, after reading that, I'm more confused.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Do I need to look up the characters of Entourage on wikipedia before I listen to this? I never watched that show.

Not really. Here's what you need to know:

Big actor hits it big, hangs out with and employs his friends (and brother) from before he hit it big.

Vincent "Vince" Chase - The famous actor and Mark Wahlberg stand in. He's an rear end in a top hat.
Eric "E" Murphy - Vince's best friend and manager. He's an rear end in a top hat.
Turtle - Vince's driver. He used to be fat. He's an rear end in a top hat.
Johnny "Drama" Chase - Vince's brother and cook. Used to be semi famous in his own right, now hangs off the celebrity of his brother. Donny Wahlberg stand in. He's an rear end in a top hat.
Ari Gold - Not a friend from the old neighborhood, but Vince's agent. Played by Jeremy Piven, was the only reason to watch the show for a little while because he was a funny rear end in a top hat, but his shtick got old. And, as mentioned, he's an rear end in a top hat.

There, you're caught up.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Oh man, their Wahlberg voices are way too hilarious.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
It's like if they took the concept of "every character is kind of a narcissistic rear end in a top hat but not to everyone and they even have redemptive qualities and are genuine friends" from Seinfeld and Always Sunny and whatnot, but then Boggled the words until it read "every character is a genuine narcissistic rear end in a top hat to everyone, even friends, and have no kind or redemptive qualities; also fuckin chicks and gaysian lololol".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
All I have to say is Do not worry about Piers Morgan

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

duz posted:

Oh man, their Wahlberg voices are way too hilarious.

I'm listening to the podcast right now and I was cracking up when the Wahlbergs comforting "Goober" with the Herculoids. My eyes were about to pop out from laughing so hard.

Edit: oh gently caress, I just hit the Malcolm McDowell bit.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 5, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not worry about Piers Morgan

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
The loving Cat People callback, oh my God.

Edit:

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not worry about Piers Morgan

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

been waiting for another excuse to do a mark wahlberg bit ever since the long-winded pb+j thing when they did Planet of the Apes

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah I love their silly lovely Mark W impressions, they keep lapsing into Of Mice and Men for me.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

TheFallenEvincar posted:

yeah I love their silly lovely Mark W impressions, they keep lapsing into Of Mice and Men for me.

It my 2nd under the fat nerd kid.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Gobbler is my favorite, especially since they always pair him with a Spielberg who's just one of their normal voices.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I haven't listened to the new episode yet but if they dig into it with even a portion of the hate that Mark Kermode did it should be a treat.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This episode was my first real interaction with Entourage; it sounds like it was the dudebro-iest popped-collar-iest thing ever.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Entourage is Sex and the City for dudes only worse on every level.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I knew enough about it to know that but it never clicked with me that it was all a snarky bro Marky Mark autobio
that's weird

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hot tip for those of you having some tall glasses of water while watching a Bourne movie with your friends: the Marky Mark impression works for Matt Damon too.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I haven't listened to the new episode yet but if they dig into it with even a portion of the hate that Mark Kermode did it should be a treat.

Hahahahaha, I forgot this existed. HOOORAYYYYY

They don't hit the variety of excellent vicious adjectives, and the Kermode hate is so condensed and rapid-fire that it's amazing, but the main points are well-covered and their opinions and observations overlap a ton.

I'm getting a kick out of imagining Kermode listening to the WHM ep haha.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
I love the WHM guys but I could not finish this episode. Entourage and similar stuff ranks so low on my givafuckometer I can't concentrate on what they're saying.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I had one wish after listening to this episode and someone was kind enough to make it come true!

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
Next week is, indeed, Russell Madness. I can't wait.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Croisquessein posted:

I love the WHM guys but I could not finish this episode. Entourage and similar stuff ranks so low on my givafuckometer I can't concentrate on what they're saying.

Bro you hate Goober?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I had never heard of Russell Madness before and I swear to God I thought it was like a Russell Brand stand up taping.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I had never heard of Russell Madness before and I swear to God I thought it was like a Russell Brand stand up taping.

It's the one with John Hennigan in it, I didn't realize it until they started describing it. :v:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I think my favorite non-Herculoid bit in the latest episode was Eric talking about texting "I want your cock" to Andrew.

Speaking of, WHM should totally do an episode of the Herculoids.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
What the gently caress is Russell Madness.

*checks IMDB*

Oh. Oh no.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I watched Entourage back in the day, the only good season is when he was in that huge flop and he couldn't get a acting job. maybe I am found of it since it the show having any sort of drama in it 8 year run.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVH9ULo4mzQ

"The strongest tag-team...is family."

Was...was this released in theaters?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nah, it was direct-to-video.

Here's some fun stuff I found while Googling for that answer.

Dove Family Friendly Movie Reviews posted:

Content Description
Sex: Monkey kisses lady's hand.
Language: Idiot, heck.
Violence: Dog is chased by man; man cheats in wrestling match; man uses dog whistle to confuse a dog; many old-school wrestling moves and stunts, but all are played in a slap-stick manner.
Drugs: None
Nudity: Wrestlers shown shirtless.
Other: Dog urinates on people when scared; man tries to cheat family out of dog and home; monkey burps many times.
Fun for the whole family!!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Nah, it was direct-to-video.

Here's some fun stuff I found while Googling for that answer.
Fun for the whole family!!

You know, there's being concerned about the media your kids watch, being aware of potentially "bad" content...then there's that. Good lord.

I feel like that's the type of list by and for the types of moms who think Lifetime movies are documentaries.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cyron posted:

maybe I am found of it since it the show having any sort of drama in it 8 year run.

you what now

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

No interest whatsoever in "Entourage" but I listened to their two recent Christmas themed episodes and some thoughts/feedback:

* - "Santa Claus: The Movie" is one of those movies I saw in the theater as a little girl and had no idea it was a flop, let alone hardly even a Christmas movie people are aware exists. I also never realized until watching it as an adult how God drat weird it is, though I do remember being freaked out by the bad guy floating up and into oblivion. Now when my family hosts Christmas brunch or dinner, I make sure my DVD of "Santa Claus" is running in the background just to spread the weird love around.

* - Sweet baby Raptor Jesus, "Rudolph's Shiny New Year". I have also seen this insanity more times than the original "Rudolph" special, so for me this was Rudolph. Once again, I never noticed how weird it is. That out of nowhere song about the Fourth of July had me confuse January First and July Fourth for ages. I was so happy when you pointed out how every single character is a garbage person for laughing and making fun of a baby. Rudolph isn't entirely awful, but the poor deer is so broken from likewise being bullied since the day he was born that his advice to Baby New Year is basically to just deal with it. drat, this special is depressing. But you absolutely do need to tackle "Christmas in July" and "Mad Monster Party", they might be even crazier.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rahonavis posted:

* - Sweet baby Raptor Jesus, "Rudolph's Shiny New Year". I have also seen this insanity more times than the original "Rudolph" special, so for me this was Rudolph. Once again, I never noticed how weird it is. That out of nowhere song about the Fourth of July had me confuse January First and July Fourth for ages. I was so happy when you pointed out how every single character is a garbage person for laughing and making fun of a baby. Rudolph isn't entirely awful, but the poor deer is so broken from likewise being bullied since the day he was born that his advice to Baby New Year is basically to just deal with it. drat, this special is depressing. But you absolutely do need to tackle "Christmas in July" and "Mad Monster Party", they might be even crazier.

I actually remember rudolph and frosty's christmas in july alot more. watching it now, its surprising how dark some of the themes are and yet how stupid the baddie in it is. its talks about concepts of things not lasting forever and the villain has retard complex scheme to take over something. and then their is like a Blackgate prison for hosed up christmas animals and it involves a peter lorre looking reindeer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I always took the moral from rudolph's shiny new year to be "hey they're not making fun of you, they just can't help chuckling because they feel happy when they see your weird, hosed up ears, nobody actually dislikes you or anything"