Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well, let's speculate:

Bat Copter +2 minis would be ~35€ (price of current Batmobil), Batmobil+ 2 minis another ~35€, and the building seem sot be slightly more bricks than the turtles lair was, that was priced at about 100 €. Which lands us at 170.
My guess is the Batcave it will cost about 199€. Unless they make it 250 because licenses don't come cheap and it is a new license. (Is the old and new batman the same license? I guess not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Gravy Jones posted:

Holy license to print money Batman... that batcave is going to seel so well.

I'm still torn on whether or not to get the firehouse. I love everything about it, but I just can't justify that ultimately I'll build once (this is the bit I enjoy), look at every now and then, but will mostly be gathering dust.

This is where I am right now. I would LOVE to have the fire house, but $350 starts to become a bridge too far, especially when I have other things in my life I could put that dough towards.

At least I would wait until double VIP points.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I am really, really hoping that's part of a larger theme. I know it won't be, because every notable character and vehicle is in the one set. But I can dream god damnit. What price point do we reckon? I'm gonna say £130 min.

There's no Batgirl and her Batcycle. And I could see them recreating some of the more elaborate Deathtraps to sell with lesser villains.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hopper posted:

price of current Batmobil

Everyone at Wayne Enterprises knows that Batmobil is tied to the current price of oil.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Apollodorus posted:

You want to see really ridiculous prices for little plastic things, check out Games Workshop.

And if you want to see the exact opposite of Lego quality, check out Finecast!!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

And if you want to see the exact opposite of Lego quality, check out Finecast!!

Yeah no kidding.

In other news, I just spent $$$ on the 10240 Red 5 X-Wing kit. I had to pay over retail, but not by much considering its OOP status, and it was a better deal than any offers I saw for the basic 9493 X-Wing kit that is much smaller and nowhere near as detailed. (I think there's a 1000 piece difference between the two)

That's my LEGO for the month. Oh, except that my mother in law gave me the Kylo Ren Shuttle and First Order Troop transport as late X-mas gifts. Apparently marrying her daughter means I am on the "good" list.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Seems the Red 5 is skyrocketing in price, it's been out of production only a little bit and is already going for 100ish over the retail price.

So if anyone is looking to get one who didn't when it was still available, now is probably the time, yeah.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I got mine for $260, a 30% premium on RRP of $200. It had free shipping too, which was a good deal.

Given the trends, I thought "gently caress it, pull the trigger" so I don't feel like I missed out in 6 months when it's selling for $500 NIB.

Next month is the Ferrari F40.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I bought the Stormtrooper drop ship troop builder thing (75078) that's out right now ($12.99) - mostly for the gang of Stormtroopers. Has anyone built the little ship it comes with?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah it's not that exciting. It's like a very small version (given a minifig for scale) of the ship it is based on. The troopers stand sideways in it relative to the forward movement of the ship, and it has a flick fire turret in back. It's supposed to be a speeder that is relatively unarmored for dropping troops behind the lines I think- based on McQuarrie concept art and then put into Rebels show.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Seems the Red 5 is skyrocketing in price, it's been out of production only a little bit and is already going for 100ish over the retail price.

So if anyone is looking to get one who didn't when it was still available, now is probably the time, yeah.

Figures it's the only ucs set I don't have the box for.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Captain Invictus posted:

Red five was still on the shelves here in Germany a week ago, two weeks ago I saw it for 20% off (160 euros). Might be worthwhile for me to check to see if they still have any available, or anyone else who wants one and lives here.

Ika fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 7, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

<3 Red 5. Such a cool set

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dogen posted:

Yeah it's not that exciting. It's like a very small version (given a minifig for scale) of the ship it is based on. The troopers stand sideways in it relative to the forward movement of the ship, and it has a flick fire turret in back. It's supposed to be a speeder that is relatively unarmored for dropping troops behind the lines I think- based on McQuarrie concept art and then put into Rebels show.

I found it at Target yesterday, but it's like $25 on Amazon, purely because Stormtroopers.

Which is cool, because who doesn't want an army of them?

Edit: I'm sure I have enough crap to build a real dropship.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Most of the troop builder sets are like that I find. You get some nice dudes and then a smallish sort of model that doesn't particularly blow you away, but is usually nice enough. A bit like those starter set things although they seem to have a bit more thought put into them in regards to the non-minifigure bits.

Also I love that the name of the fire fighters one is the Fire Starter Set. It makes me laugh every single time.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

McDragon posted:

Most of the troop builder sets are like that I find. You get some nice dudes and then a smallish sort of model that doesn't particularly blow you away, but is usually nice enough. A bit like those starter set things although they seem to have a bit more thought put into them in regards to the non-minifigure bits.

Also I love that the name of the fire fighters one is the Fire Starter Set. It makes me laugh every single time.

It's better than the First Order battlepack... the turret model is real bad and you only get one generic stormtrooper.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
German guy ended up shipping me two of the mini A-Wing sets I ordered instead of just one. Oh well, thanks, Thomas! :v:

Also good lord the snowspeeder from the series 4 planet/minifig/ship thing is over $60 now. I hate the new microfighters, but I might end up going for the snowspeeder one because it's got the same printed 2x3 slope brick.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Picked up some nice little display cases for my minifigs at the Container Store today. It's frustrating going to grad school with an Ikea just down the road from me but not being able to commit to just buying a Detolf cabinet. Acrylic display cases will have to do for now, and I'm really pleased with how they look.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zodack posted:

Picked up some nice little display cases for my minifigs at the Container Store today. It's frustrating going to grad school with an Ikea just down the road from me but not being able to commit to just buying a Detolf cabinet. Acrylic display cases will have to do for now, and I'm really pleased with how they look.

Link/pic? Trying to determine how I want to display...

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Feenix posted:

Link/pic? Trying to determine how I want to display...

If I had to guess he's doing something similar to what I do.

I have 5 of those things now and need to pickup 2 more as I have 4 series that need cases.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The firehouse is pretty fragile while building. I keep having pieces ping off corners and the like when I'm trying to add to them. I've never had this with a set before, but I guess it's a consequence of the scale.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

mattfl posted:

If I had to guess he's doing something similar to what I do.

I have 5 of those things now and need to pickup 2 more as I have 4 series that need cases.

I actually looked after I posted and assumed he meant the little case that is clear but has individual "cells" not unlike the official Lego ones. But I'm liking yours, too.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Feenix posted:

I actually looked after I posted and assumed he meant the little case that is clear but has individual "cells" not unlike the official Lego ones. But I'm liking yours, too.

Oh, they have things like that too? I've got exactly what mattfl posted, actually. They're really great and just $10.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Something tells me Lego is done with those troop building sets. They were too reasonable of deal for anything Star Wars in Tyool 2015. I should probably grab a couple of those stormtrooper ones before they totally dissapear. The Death Star Troopers one was cool too.

Seems like that new wave of sets are basically the troop builder sets with a slightly bigger build priced at $30.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Something tells me Lego is done with those troop building sets. They were too reasonable of deal for anything Star Wars in Tyool 2015. I should probably grab a couple of those stormtrooper ones before they totally dissapear. The Death Star Troopers one was cool too.

Seems like that new wave of sets are basically the troop builder sets with a slightly bigger build priced at $30.

Where are you seeing them at $30? The two newest ones released are still $12.99 on the Lego site(out of stock but still...)
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Resistance-Trooper-Battle-Pack-75131?fromListing=listing
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/First-Order-Battle-Pack-75132?fromListing=listing

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

ltr posted:

Where are you seeing them at $30? The two newest ones released are still $12.99 on the Lego site(out of stock but still...)
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Resistance-Trooper-Battle-Pack-75131?fromListing=listing

Is it just me or is it weird that they went for one flesh toned and three yellow heads on the Resistance pack?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Rage posted:

Is it just me or is it weird that they went for one flesh toned and three yellow heads on the Resistance pack?

They're not yellow, they have painted on visors.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

The Rage posted:

Cloks posted:

They're not yellow, they have painted on visors.

Neither of these things are right, and this thing almost seems like an inside joke to me now that I have seen it so much. The packaging is weird and misleading. They have helmets with clear, plastic yellow visors, similar to Poe and the other pilot from the X-wing set. It's awesome and a cool step forward in minifig headgear.

Jang does a good review of it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Zodack posted:

Neither of these things are right, and this thing almost seems like an inside joke to me now that I have seen it so much. The packaging is weird and misleading. They have helmets with clear, plastic yellow visors, similar to Poe and the other pilot from the X-wing set. It's awesome and a cool step forward in minifig headgear.

Wow, totally fooled me with that shade of yellow being perfect for lego heads, go figure!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zodack posted:

Oh, they have things like that too? I've got exactly what mattfl posted, actually. They're really great and just $10.

This:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Quincyrobinson/media/photo2.jpg.html

but I think the ones you guys have might be cooler.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If I had one of those it would just be cubes and cubes of M-Tron guys.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Feenix posted:

This:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Quincyrobinson/media/photo2.jpg.html

but I think the ones you guys have might be cooler.

Where are these from?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Zodack posted:

Wow, that's a pretty cool piece.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Rage posted:

Where are these from?

The Container Store, apparently?? I think?

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
So I happened to be in a mall that had a lego store in the same location as my client's office...

JFC is that ghostbusters firehouse box huge.

I ended up mulling around for like 5 minutes before pulling the trigger and walking out with it. (took 3 straps)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ltr posted:

Oh I actually haven't even seen those. Good to know. I wanted to get some tfa stuff without buying big sets.

I was referring to the upcoming hoth/Carbonite chamber sets which struck me as just pricey minifigure sets.*

*that I want anyways

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

w00tazn posted:

So I happened to be in a mall that had a lego store in the same location as my client's office...

JFC is that ghostbusters firehouse box huge.

I ended up mulling around for like 5 minutes before pulling the trigger and walking out with it. (took 3 straps)

Woo! Join us!

Yeah, when I was chatting to the clerk in Lego, she said they're having lots of damage issues with the Firehouse boxes because they're so heavy and all the bags are sliding to the bottom and bulging it out.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Mine came yesterday :dance:

I managed to build the first stage of bags before I had to go out of town until Tuesday :negative:

ether
May 20, 2001

Finally received the last parts for that micro-super star destroyer. Cocked up something with the partlist somewhere but managed to build it. The top-deck from the original LDD file is not at all solid enough to be swooshable or even easily movable. Made some adjustments for more stability and stiffness. The result?

Was gonna gift it to a friend but it's just too awesome, might need to make another one :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Wow. I'd say put that up on ideas, but since it is a license product they already own they'd just make slight adjustments, claim it was their idea and you'd get screwed.