Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

I don't know, man, "Pusher" seems pretty appropriate, since she's pushing herself into frame at every conceivable opportunity. I have mixed feelings - on the one hand, if she got abducted by aliens tomorrow and whisked off to some galaxy where there is justice, that would be awesome. On the other hand, she gave us material for another 50+ pages of pure :lol:

Think if SQ42 actually comes out - the memes alone from her cringe-worthy appearance will sustain enough humor and animated gifs to take down the cloud.

Seriously? Because of that? Not the similarities with a drug pusher? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : We're living off of sandis inability to act

star citizen : Yessss! yess! let the bad acting flow through you!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

quote:

I can't overturn that. Not sure about the funding was all the other press outlets that were hounding happy - amount on the staff and its going to do as all. I am not sure about the project who know. I don't know about the manageme of the forums all the time on the fact that I can tell you a lot about Jennison and his on project, but unlike the company as well as new backers. Sure the mich of the community? The executives and I am one of the fans night and day you are a game of the other executives, and someone who is a great team, the executives, and consident the project because they are a game out the other executives and I am one of the fans night and mack to people a great things for the fans night and cases make the project, I would also amently a great thing is a great team, the community? The executives and is still going to be abrasive and absictions from Chris working for more than been so much frustration and I can a so aly one of the fans night and case of the community? The executive team they are not a part this to Patrick.

Sandi Markov bot is becoming sentient.

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000
It's all over but the crying cryengine.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Iglocska posted:

Seriously? Because of that? Not the similarities with a drug pusher? :)

Actually yes, that too. And the fact that her presence in a room pushes people away from her (you can see Gillian Anderson barely resist that force in that one photo), or how her presence in a company pushes out the talent.

It's a fantastic name!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Star Citizen: Pusher and the rule of Thumb

ether
May 20, 2001

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Sandis nickname is pusher right? It should be blinky, or can't acty.

Now I see, CIG is structured around pacman

Sandi is blinky, chasing after pacman relentlessly
Crobbers is inky, unpredictable and doing whatever pops into his head
Ben ofcourse is clyde, acting stupid like there is no tomorrow
Pinky is karl, trying to ambush pacman

Just not sure who pacman is in this puzzle.
Is it Beer? Bootcha? Derek? The darned goons and their dog?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

ether posted:

Pacman is all the backers, endlessly chasing the dream, open mouthed, simple.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ether posted:

:gary:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ether posted:

Pac-Man represents success, which so far has eluded them all.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That Works posted:

Sandi Markov bot is becoming sentient.

quote:

manageme
mich
consident
mack
amently
absictions
aly

Is this Sandi or is something weirder going on?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is this Sandi or is something weirder going on?

Just the markov chain stuff outputting gibberish.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Downloading it now, let's see how much of a hot mess this thing has become

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Bargearse posted:

Downloading it now, let's see how much of a hot mess this thing has become

I urge you, reconsider, think about your loved ones!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ether posted:

I resent this analogy. Pacman does not deserve being dragged into all of this, unless we're talking about one of those videogame crash knockoff versions. And since we have the Championship Edition DX today, it's just not fair at all.

Could you reformulate to make it Dig Dug instead?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I wonder who will play Chris in the inevitable 'versumentary after CIG has crashed and burned

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I wonder who will play Chris in the inevitable 'versumentary after CIG has crashed and burned

Mr. Potatohead from Toy Story.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Kevin costner

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Topher Grace, following in the footsteps of Kutcher and his performance in (and as) Jobs.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I urge you, reconsider, think about your loved ones!

No way man, I gotta see how much of my sixty bucks went on game development and how much on Chris Roberts' fancy car

Also it was really goddamn satisfying to find out that he had almost nothing to do with Wing Commander II. Figures that the one game in the series I enjoyed the most, he had the least to do with, and also that he hated the most interesting character in the whole loving series and fought against putting him in the game.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

empathe posted:

What are their eSports plans, though?

They're making the best FPS ever and the best space pew pew sim ever, the esports will obviously just naturally fall into place.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer is now the Derek Smart of CS tickets.

How far back are CS tickets delayed right now?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

It's all over but the crying cryengine.

I think you mean StarEngine :colbert:

Because it's an attempt to engineer Sandi into becoming a star.

Uh we were promised a "professional feature length documentary" about the making of Star Citizen.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

alphabettitouretti posted:

Uh we were promised a "professional feature length documentary" about the making of Star Citizen.

They're remaking Scarface?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Daztek posted:

Beer is now the Derek Smart of CS tickets.

How far back are CS tickets delayed right now?

It says something about the psychology of the cultists that they have latched on to Derek and Beer as the anti-SC boogeymen. I can't remember the last time I saw an article, Reddit post or YouTube video which was critical of Star Citizen that didn't feature Smart or Beer in the comments, and you can't say anything about the piece of poo poo without being accused of being one of them.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I should not love a game that is this heavily bugged, but I do.

quote:

I've been trapped in the hatch between an Avenger's cockpit and it's cabin, cursed to look on as a guy hijacks the ship I also hi-jacked.

I've been caught in airlocks, unceremoniously hurled from ships, acquired terminal shaking and general motor skills failure.

I've inexplicably logged in to nothing but the softly floating wreckage of my ship in the middle of deep space (Somewhere in orbit of crusader) for no apparent reason.

One memorable time I was ejected from Kareah at considerable velocity and made a 10.3km long EVA back to my trusty Aurora MR.
I've had more crashes, disconnects, unlocalised errors, localised errors, connection time outs then I care to count.

On the several times I've tried to show friends this game, I end up apologising for the half a dozen attempts it takes to load into the game, before saying "the flight controls are sick wait until you see" and then having it crash before I make it out the airlock.

The vast majority of my attempts to play this game fail upon attempting to connect, and a sizeable chunk of them fail in the next two minutes. The number of different ways in which Star Citizen can become unresponsive is testing my force-quit-fu to the absolute limits.

I should not love this game. If this was most other games I would have gotten frustrated, bored, and quit a long time ago.
But I do. Doesn't matter if it takes 20 attempts to get to the point where I end up in a zero g landing pad skirmish between myself and a destructively minded gentlemen that torched my parked ride, it's worth it.

Even as buggy and limited as it is, this game is incredible, and it entertains the hell out of me even if all I'm doing is admiring the work of art that is Port Olisar on EVA or going "see, look at the loving detail on the console for this fire extinguisher"

From someone that backed in mid 2013 and has been waiting for two and a half years, good loving job CIG. You promised, and you're delivering. Keep up the good work.

Are these people somehow suffering from stockholm syndrome :psyduck:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

A post of mine from when I first started posting in this thread.

It's day 5 of the documentary process, the crew have been getting to know the inner workings of the cig offices and meeting and greeting the slaves(staff)

Chris Roberts is talking excitedly to the cameramen and the interviewer about how things work as he leads them down a corridor to some of the newer offices

Chris Roberts : And here we have our state of the art computer ro-

as he opens the door everyone is greeted by the sight of sandi rolling around on a pile of money, making snow angels and cackling.

chris quickly closes the door* "Ignore that."

As he goes to open another door it's a gimp party involving donkeys and chickens

chris Roberts :*shrugs* ah gently caress it it's not like the backers care.

end scene.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Daztek posted:

They're just idiots.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Daztek posted:

No. Stockholm syndrom is a (relatively) rational response; this is not.

e:
vvvv Coincidentally, the documentary was probably the best part to come out of the Doublefine Adventure kickstarter.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 7, 2016

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

If you had promised to make a "professional feature length documentary" of your project, you would have been filming from the beginning right (like the outstanding Overnight)? Has there been any evidence that CIG have done that?

It'll probably never get made, but if anything is pushed out to meet that promise it's only going to be a crudely edited collection of video they've already released. And no loving way will it be in the slightest bit critical or authentic.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

If you had promised to make a "professional feature length documentary" of your project, you would have been filming from the beginning right (like the outstanding Overnight)? Has there been any evidence that CIG have done that?

It'll probably never get made, but if anything is pushed out to meet that promise it's only going to be a crudely edited collection of video they've already released. And no loving way will it be in the slightest bit critical or authentic.

Funniest Moments Compilation from Around the Verse. :v:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

That's why SA should fund it, use all the evidence on here as a basis, get a kickstarter funded lol.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chalks posted:

It's so funny that even using the sparse information they've provided us with you can easily see the huge problems on the horizon. It turns out the pieces of this space jigsaw don't fit together so they're going to have to change them... what's going to get cut?

Which is precisely why the information is so sparse: they have no loving clue how any of it will end up fitting together. Or they've realized that it won't, and obviously would hold off on telling backers that their 250 dollar space trucker is probably going to have an in game value of 35 bucks.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Davoren posted:

Are there planets you can fly to?

No there's only one planet and a few moons atm. All you can do is warp to some space stations and crap in a single system.

Most of the game is just ramming people as they spawn or ramming people while their ship is sitting on the pad at the repair station, or, well.

You get the idea.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

from the same pledge level as the documentary

quote:

Hibernation Mode: for the explorers out there, we will add the ability to save and resume while you are out in space. When not in combat, power your ship down, hit the bunk, and exit the game safely until you can resume your journey.

That's called saving your game, Crobber. Games have had that since forever. Dressing it up as a feature and calling it "hibernation mode" is some Transverse level poo poo.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Friendly Tumour posted:

Bankruptcy is a boom industry these days

It's Starruptcy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Iglocska posted:

It's not just the value of those goods (as in there being a real depletion of materials, etc), but the fact that we still haven't heard anything about what those goods will be used for within the game. Will there be a crafting game mechanic? Will players / organisations be able to own factories and processing plants? We have no idea.

We have no idea what will actually end up being implemented (probably none of it), but they have said that there won't be a typical crafting mechanic (where you take raw materials and create a finished product) but there will be overclocking (taking an existing ship component and optimizing it) and people will be able to control "production nodes." Which are supposed to be parts of the (NPC) manufacturing chain (e.g. you control a factory that converts oil into plastic which is sold back into the NPC economy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

We have no idea what will actually end up being implemented (probably none of it), but they have said that there won't be a typical crafting mechanic (where you take raw materials and create a finished product) but there will be overclocking (taking an existing ship component and optimizing it) and people will be able to control "production nodes." Which are supposed to be parts of the (NPC) manufacturing chain (e.g. you control a factory that converts oil into plastic which is sold back into the NPC economy).

Hmph. That's a shame :(

• Locked thread