Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Decrepus posted:

Do people actually read Something Awful articles? :laffo:

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

This guy is immersed in Star Citizen.

"At least I'm not working for CIG"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol I saw that coming from a mile away

pay your :10bux: Decrepus and come on back!!!!!!!!!

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Ash1138 posted:

I could really go for an Orange Julius now.

Try

Captain Morgan Private Stock spiced rum (any spiced rum with vanilla will do) + Orange juice

You get an Orange Julius with a kick.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lowtax posted:

I am going to use the photos of the SC backers, I add the pics after I get done writing. Also I'm not going to seriously address any actual drama like the Sandi customer service insanity, since that would require a lengthy backstory and explanation for the average reader.

I was hoping for a whacky feature list but there seems to be a mistake and you've listed actual promised features

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do an analysis of Chris's letters.

This is the analysis of Chris's letter/rant to the escapist mag.

While scanning that letter I forgot that Chris actually accused Derek Smart, and detractors (goons?), of trying to put 260+ people OUT OF A JOB. And to ruin THE DREAMS OF ALMOST A MILLION PEOPLE.

He really is going to lay any failure of Star Citizen at the feet of Derek Smart and, by extension, goons.

I think we all should invest in remote starters for our cars because we know these people are nuts.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Berious posted:

I was hoping for a whacky feature list but there seems to be a mistake and you've listed actual promised features

Nothing you could invent about Star Citizen would be funnier than Star Citizen itself.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

aleksendr posted:

The only real question is will crobizzle throw his wife (and VP of a 100M company) as a love interest to the depraved hordes of player asking for rape dungeons aboard their ships or not.
Only if they're using her likeness as well so it'll be fair game to all the deviantartists out there.

1500 posted:

Try

Captain Morgan Private Stock spiced rum (any spiced rum with vanilla will do) + Orange juice

You get an Orange Julius with a kick.
Thanks, I might try that this weekend. Can't do much about it now at work.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Funnily enough, as a Master-at-Arms (Cop) in the Navy, his QA experience would be roughly zilch. Unless he QA'd the poo poo outta asking people for their IDs and saluting Officers' wives. That said, maybe he attended reknown top-tier college for a game design degree in those years between the military and CIG. But clearly, the guy had YEARS of QA experience to bring to the table of a major AAAAAAA production MMO.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

While scanning that letter I forgot that Chris actually accused Derek Smart, and detractors (goons?), of trying to put 260+ people OUT OF A JOB. And to ruin THE DREAMS OF ALMOST A MILLION PEOPLE.

He really is going to lay any failure of Star Citizen at the feet of Derek Smart and, by extension, goons.

I think we all should invest in remote starters for our cars because we know these people are nuts.

Try comparing that to one of the letters he writes to the community. I wonder how different they are.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lowtax posted:

Okay I just started writing this two hours ago, so it's not near finished or edited, but feel free to have a preview of my Star Citizen article so far:

http://www.somethingawful.com/cms-preview/3.eb1fea423589/

Please do not share it since I'd rather have the finished one shared instead of this incomplete one. Any feedback or ideas would be great!
I think it's up to $105M now not $104M.

Everything else in it appears 100% accurate.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Try comparing that to one of the letters he writes to the community. I wonder how different they are.

It would break the algorithm due to all the mushy-mouthy nonsense.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I thought we learned that Ben writes those letters (the letters from the chairman anyway).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

1500 posted:

I thought we learned that Ben writes those letters.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben wrote some of what Sandi said to me.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Thronde posted:

Funnily enough, as a Master-at-Arms (Cop) in the Navy, his QA experience would be roughly zilch. Unless he QA'd the poo poo outta asking people for their IDs and saluting Officers' wives. That said, maybe he attended reknown top-tier college for a game design degree in those years between the military and CIG. But clearly, the guy had YEARS of QA experience to bring to the table of a major AAAAAAA production MMO.

Entry level QA work doesn't really require much in the way of special skills or experience beyond a willingness to repeatedly perform the most mind numbing task repeteadly in perpetuity without killing yourself and being able to write at a second grade level or less, something being an MA is reasonaby good preparation for.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Octopode posted:

Entry level QA work doesn't really require much in the way of special skills or experience beyond a willingness to repeatedly perform the most mind numbing task repeteadly in perpetuity without killing yourself and being able to write at a second grade level or less, something being an MA is reasonaby good preparation for.

poo poo, touche. After all it doesn't take much schooling to learn how to stand around, hand wave/salute as needed, and occasionally ask if said drivers have any weapons.

Upper enlisted MAs go through Advanced rear end in a top hat School to learn things like traffic stops and being a general shithead like a mallcop on steroids.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Decrepus posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

gud 1 m8

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Gwaihir posted:

In my professional "Lives in the south" opinion, ~400-450.

I'm scared to know that he could weigh as much as three of me.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Thronde posted:

poo poo, touche. After all it doesn't take much schooling to learn how to stand around, hand wave/salute as needed, and occasionally ask if said drivers have any weapons.

Upper enlisted MAs go through Advanced rear end in a top hat School to learn things like traffic stops and being a general shithead like a mallcop on steroids.

I reread that first sentence 3 times before realising that it wasn't a device driver that you were talking about. I guess this is a good indication that it's time to get some sleep.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

spacetoaster posted:

What is this analysis and what do the percentages represent in each category?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sheesh, I thought you didn't have an assistant?

Here is Chris's response to the escapist followed by one of the letters from the chairman.

I think the anger on the letter from the chairman is so high because he puts exclamation points after every sentence.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I ran an analysis on one of Chris's letters from the chairman:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Looks like Lowtax pulled a Sandi

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Decrepus posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

The B Movie reviews have always been great. Also, I wish Lowtax was still collaborating with the Rifftrax dudes :(

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tippis posted:

What is this analysis and what do the percentages represent in each category?

"IBM Watson Tone Analyzer is a service that helps people comprehend, consume, and revise the language tone of their writing for more efficient communications or online self-presentation management. Built upon linguistic analysis, it detects three types of tones from written text: emotions (negative emotions, cheerfulness, anger, and so on), social propensities (openness, agreeableness, and conscientiousness), and writing styles (analytical, confident, and tentative). It helps people understand how tones are derived from various linguistic signals. It also offers actionable suggestions to revise the writing for desirable tone. Based on the analysis, authors can revise their text to portray the tone that is appropriate for the targeted audience before sending a message, potentially avoiding regrets and miscommunications."

I don't know exactly how it does what it does, or even how useful it is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

Sheesh, I thought you didn't have an assistant?

Here is Chris's response to the escapist followed by one of the letters from the chairman.

I think the anger on the letter from the chairman is so high because he puts exclamation points after every sentence.

That reminds me, can you go start my car?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm tempted to post a billion threads on reddit under the thread title"NEED TOASTER, WILL TRADE FINGERNAILS"

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Also, I hope that Lowtax's publication of this article will result in a future article coming from Leonard J. Crabs. *crosses fingers*

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That reminds me, can you go start my car?

Sure thing brother.

:rip: spacetoaster

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Iglocska posted:

I'm kind of surprised to be honest, expected someone that has left CIG to either not say anything or have some salty words, but this guy went all out in defending them. Maybe things aren't as dire after all?

Hi, Sandi.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Mirificus posted:

I had to pause the video. When I came back, I was greeted by this:

Come one, come all.

Turn down your lights, put in your earbuds. Experience horror like never before. Feel a chill and marvel at the hellscape before you:

:froggonk:http://sendvid.com/an95v768:froggonk:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

MY COVER! IT IS BLOWN!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lowtax posted:

Okay I just started writing this two hours ago, so it's not near finished or edited, but feel free to have a preview of my Star Citizen article so far:

http://www.somethingawful.com/cms-preview/3.eb1fea423589/

Please do not share it since I'd rather have the finished one shared instead of this incomplete one. Any feedback or ideas would be great!

Needs more anus references, tbh.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

2DCAT posted:

Also, I hope that Lowtax's publication of this article will result in a future article coming from Leonard J. Crabs. *crosses fingers*

Surely CIG couldn't be so old-school deluded that they would have a hissy fit and email legal threats to Lowtax, prompting the kaiju-like emergence of Leornard J. Crabs from the Chesapeake Bay.

The best I can hope for is maybe a whale tries to threaten him. We can only hope.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ZenMaster posted:

Come one, come all.

Turn down your lights, put in your earbuds. Experience horror like never before. Feel a chill and marvel at the hellscape before you:

:five: :five: :five:

The Interloper
Jan 11, 2010

- dig that bunky feat -
Salad Prong
The PTU version of the "game" is very easy to grief right now. While it doesn't seem to crash as often, now whenever anyone goes to fight against NPCs it frequently makes the entire server lag to poo poo. It's especially good now that the players know that's what causes it because the chat will often start filling up with people bitching at whoever's doing it every time it happens.

Since we all know that any form of PVP is also griefing, it's currently literally impossible to play this game without being a filthy goon dsmart alt griefer.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Rajafa Mitswuey discovered Info Redux's Let’s take apart this “Letter” that Chris Roberts wrote to the Escapist yesterday.

http://www.informationredux.com/ind...ment-2443993633

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

ZenMaster posted:

Come one, come all.

:five:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ZenMaster posted:

Come one, come all.

You've outdone yourself :suspense: :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Iglocska posted:

If you read the rest of his recent tweets, it's obvious that the whole Austin leaking people thing is "slightly exaggerated".

Derek said the Austin office was down sizing and moving, I think the Escapist maybe said it too.

The reason it's believable is that it's entirely logical, it's a large office, apart from Tony Zurovec & Mark Skelton the big names have either left CIG or been moved to LA. Sean Tracy was the latest to move over Christmas, the GUI guy moved from Austin to LA and has since moved to the UK. They have the Crytek guys in Germany now, they decided to have a large LA office, because Hollywood, it's far more expensive than Austin which doesn't make sense but if you are going to do something stupid like that you can at least save some money by not paying rent for a large office in Austin you don't need.

• Locked thread