Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

The Interloper posted:

now whenever anyone goes to fight against NPCs it frequently makes the entire server lag to poo poo

That's amazing. CIG are truly breaking ground on lovely netcode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Romes128 posted:

I'm seriously going to go into a coma from loss of blood to my brain cause it's all going to go to the massive boner I'll have when this whole thing collapses

same

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

The Interloper posted:

The PTU version of the "game" is very easy to grief right now. While it doesn't seem to crash as often, now whenever anyone goes to fight against NPCs it frequently makes the entire server lag to poo poo. It's especially good now that the players know that's what causes it because the chat will often start filling up with people bitching at whoever's doing it every time it happens.

Since we all know that any form of PVP is also griefing, it's currently literally impossible to play this game without being a filthy goon dsmart alt griefer.
This is beautiful. You can either defend what you're doing by saying you're playing the game or you could claim that you're helping to test by giving CIG "good data for debugging" and there's not a loving thing the whiners can do about it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sarsapariller posted:

I ran an analysis on one of Chris's letters from the chairman:

:lol:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That reminds me, can you go start my car?

On the other hand, I just ran that tone analyser on some text I'd written about Beatles lyrics and it completely misjudged my tone based on misunderstanding the meanings of words like tense and somehow conflated one word "annoying" to be 79% anger. But yeah, I'd disconnect your starter motor and just start your car like McGyver from now on.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

ZenMaster posted:

Come one, come all.

Turn down your lights, put in your earbuds. Experience horror like never before. Feel a chill and marvel at the hellscape before you:

:froggonk:http://sendvid.com/an95v768:froggonk:

Lowtax posted:

Okay I just started writing this two hours ago, so it's not near finished or edited, but feel free to have a preview of my Star Citizen article so far:

http://www.somethingawful.com/cms-p...3.eb1fea423589/

Please do not share it since I'd rather have the finished one shared instead of this incomplete one. Any feedback or ideas would be great!

I think some gifs of the game's awful physics would be useful in addition to the aforementioned pictures of Star Citizens. AP has been posting these like mad.

Dogstoyevsky fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 7, 2016

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Wasn't there some hubub not to long ago about her using the CIG facilities and assets to promote her acting career where she categorically denied using the company 's time and property to do so?

e: Well gently caress, the information I was looking for was in imminent post

Jimb fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 7, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

pftc posted:

I can't wait for Sandi Gardiner to explain why she recycled her acting footage, and used it on a "Around the Verse" video.

That means you used backer equipment for personal purposes. Straight up.

Yes. I've been saying that for several months already. Which prompted this response from her https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/646081970011697152

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Dogstoyevsky posted:

I think some gifs of the game's awful physics would be useful in addition to pictures of Star Citizens. AP has been posting these like mad.

Yeah with so many goty worthy gifs available you should totally include some. The article looks sad with no images

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Dogstoyevsky posted:

I think some gifs of the game's awful physics would be useful in addition to pictures of Star Citizens. AP has been posting these like mad.
Definitely this. Also anything from the mocap sessions since those dumb pajamas are unflattering and thus funny.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

Okay I just started writing this two hours ago, so it's not near finished or edited, but feel free to have a preview of my Star Citizen article so far:

http://www.somethingawful.com/cms-preview/3.eb1fea423589/

Please do not share it since I'd rather have the finished one shared instead of this incomplete one. Any feedback or ideas would be great!

I like it. If you want to add more crazy stuff you could work in some references to the immortal gods from Stargate, miracles in the backer community happening to those who spend the most. Space plants, cheap Chinese imports, bitcoin, kevin costner, money laundering, Scientology, lego spaceships or building your own simpit in your child's bedroom out of floor boards so he can act as a turret gunner as long as he's careful and doesn't fall through the floor.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ewe2 posted:

On the other hand, I just ran that tone analyser on some text I'd written about Beatles lyrics and it completely misjudged my tone based on misunderstanding the meanings of words like tense and somehow conflated one word "annoying" to be 79% anger. But yeah, I'd disconnect your starter motor and just start your car like McGyver from now on.

Run the tone analyzer by quantity of words instead of weighted relative to a business e-mail and it seems to make a lot more sense. I think since it's judging things by the rubric of a professional correspondence it heavily penalizes certain words.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I just realized Sandi used that blinky deer in the headlights footage for her portfolio. That's the stuff she wanted to show off.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EightAce posted:

Blue steel, Magnum etc etc

Look, man, Magnum's not finished yet, it's still a work in progress!

(Dare I say it's alpha?)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Google Butt posted:

Derek did you miss the part where Sandi used backer funds to film for her acting reel

I thought the part where former Executive Producer Alex Mayberry was featured in the "interrogation" video was pretty funny.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I thought the part where former Executive Producer Alex Mayberry was featured in the "interrogation" video was pretty funny.

lol

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Berious posted:

I just realized Sandi used that blinky deer in the headlights footage for her portfolio. That's the stuff she wanted to show off.

"Yeah show that bit where I can't walk across a room convincingly" *fistbump*

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lowtax posted:

Good first draft Lowtax. The only crazy feature you left out that I think needs mentioning is the Space News Van.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

Good first draft Lowtax. The only crazy feature you left out that I think needs mentioning is the Space News Van.

Don't forget space rickshaws tm.brazilianpeanutwar donotsteal

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

needs a comment section at the bottom so we can count the number of times an article on something awful is considered clickbait trash and that you collude with the unspeakable one

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Interloper posted:

The PTU version of the "game" is very easy to grief right now. While it doesn't seem to crash as often, now whenever anyone goes to fight against NPCs it frequently makes the entire server lag to poo poo. It's especially good now that the players know that's what causes it because the chat will often start filling up with people bitching at whoever's doing it every time it happens.

Since we all know that any form of PVP is also griefing, it's currently literally impossible to play this game without being a filthy goon dsmart alt griefer.

lol this loving game

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

SirPhoebos posted:

Didn't they also follow up with the promise of a space news man?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I wonder if the CIG peon sandi "garbage person" roberts forces to read every post in this thread reports back on all the bad stuff that comes out about her here or if they are afraid to tell her

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lowtax posted:

it should be a series of articles

Beer could write about the cutlass brewery variant

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would like to hear, from Chris Roberts, how filming poo poo for Sandi's acting career is in ANY WAY related to Star Citizen game development.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Run the tone analyzer by quantity of words instead of weighted relative to a business e-mail and it seems to make a lot more sense. I think since it's judging things by the rubric of a professional correspondence it heavily penalizes certain words.

Yeah I tried that and even compared with a political text to see what the difference is and the tone is tiny compared to the word count metric.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Madcosby posted:

needs a comment section at the bottom so we can count the number of times an article on something awful is considered clickbait trash and that you collude with the unspeakable one

yeah a comment section will only add to the comedy

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

SirPhoebos posted:

There's actually a ton of material there. Since direct messaging would exist, you are basically hauling ephemeral News x 26 in your cargo hold like it's any other bulk good. Seems good and immersive.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Wafflz posted:

I wonder if the CIG peon sandi "garbage person" roberts forces to read every post in this thread reports back on all the bad stuff that comes out about her here or if they are afraid to tell her

What would be more interesting is the cost of doing so.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Sent her a link to the forums on twitter and she deleted it :[ obviously she can't handle the truth.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Lowtax posted:

I am going to use the photos of the SC backers, I add the pics after I get done writing. Also I'm not going to seriously address any actual drama like the Sandi customer service insanity, since that would require a lengthy backstory and explanation for the average reader.

Make sure to use the really creepy one with the shrine and shaved head.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

ZenMaster posted:

Come one, come all.

Turn down your lights, put in your earbuds. Experience horror like never before. Feel a chill and marvel at the hellscape before you:

:froggonk:http://sendvid.com/an95v768:froggonk:

Gary Oldman, Sandi Gardiner, and multiple other top hollywood actors in the cast for Chris Roberts majestic space simulator video game!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

Seems more likely that the info is sparse because they've not even begun to wonder when they might start planning it yet. It's all about the tech at the moment. All about how to get players to stop clipping through all the geometry while increasing the player count to 200 and implementing procedurally generated wildlife. No way are they going to even start thinking about this stuff until the last minute, if at all.

The economy is going to be a disaster.

Economy is the last thing you work into the game, right after gameplay. How could they possibly create a balanced economy before people are actually flying around, doing missions and trading? If you obviously know nothing about game development it would be best not to show it to everybody.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

pftc posted:

I would like to hear, from Chris Roberts, how filming poo poo for Sandi's acting career is in ANY WAY related to Star Citizen game development.

She auditioned for the part in Squadron 42 you BUTT-HURT GOOON

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

AP posted:

building your own simpit in your child's bedroom out of floor boards so he can act as a turret gunner as long as he's careful and doesn't fall through the floor.

Please include something about this like that man who proudly posted his children being turned into a bug-testing slave workforce.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Got this from sandi markov:

Chris' letter was forced, there are case of the staff and abusive, I'm a jealous person, jealous the best said to be and for project because if iss geal staff and I am confident the best saleswomen and abesting a great things so they are not a special snowflake anymore and the U0 year ban?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

yes it is true, Maleficent is in UK right now.

AtV is with Erin because Ben will endanger the lives of people in a long flight from California to UK

Naaaaaah. Antonov An-225's exist. I am sure CIG has bought one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

That last one is a perfect representation of the PTU.

• Locked thread