Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Pretty sure the spirit of that statement has everything to do with dick pics. Which apparently is ok with CIG.

Jimb fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 8, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jimb posted:

Pretty sure the spirit of that statement has everything to do with dick pics. Which apparently is ok with CIG.

Maybe if beer sends sandi a pic of beer jr. he will get unbanned!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'm so sorry but that's not big ben, big ben is in London...........

But it DOES look like big ben.....

they probably got confused

Precision : Big Ben is the 13,5 ton bell name. The building is the Elizabeth tower

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

aleksendr posted:

Precision : Big Ben is the 13,5 ton bell name CIG employee. The building is the Elizabeth tower

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mirificus posted:

insanity.jpg

"I blacked out the parts my brain seized up at and now I feel more comfortable in my hugbox, therefore it's fake"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
man reading that reddit thread is starting to give me the impression this thread isn't liked very much over there.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

posting av number 2 for posterity. Let's see how much money whales are willing to donate to the Lowtax fund.

I've spent $10. They've spent $20. It's going to be a long night. And this had better not be Lowtax trolling me.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LMAO!!!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
:lol:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Justin Tyme posted:

I banned Kimsemus and I will NOT be freeing him anytime soon

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

D_Smart posted:

I've spent $10. They've spent $20. It's going to be a long night. And this had better not be Lowtax trolling me.

Your new one is even more disturbing :eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Terebus posted:

That sounds almost right but the problem with this theory is that the player characters seem to lose the physics grid they were attached to so something worse is happening, not sure what though.

It's difficult to differentiate between actual physics issues and the appearance of physics issues arising due to rendering issues without seeing the actual implementation details. For instance, one of CryEngine's physics modes uses a physics proxy based on simplified render geometry. Break the rendering and you can break the physics as well.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys, I think I broke one to have a mental breakdown. :smith:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3zkmc8/derek_was_right_all_along_and_another_sandi/cyq4xsg?context=10000

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I clicked you.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

No but he's a media professional and should know better than to become the story, which is what he's done twice now by issuing sourced comments that aren't true. Even if it's only to cover his own arse he shouldn't leave himself open like that, issuing press releases with inaccurate information in them is stupid too like saying there's a planet and 2 moons to explore in 2.0.

True. But that's how things are over there. Nothing is supposed to make sense.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm catching up from yesterday and its like everytime i get to a new page dereks avatar is different. granted im' going slow while making dinner but sheesh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

Your new one is even more disturbing :eyepop:

nice new av for you too

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

aleksendr posted:

Precision : Big Ben is the 13,5 ton bell name. The building is the Elizabeth tower

It hurts enough, don't pour salt on my stupidity wounds :sweatdrop:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I thought I shitposted a lot in this thread. I'm not even in the top ten? :(

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tommytrain sure pwned you. Jesus Chris I hate shitizens so much. The fact that their community makes the average person violently ill should be enough to justify any refund. Even if the game came out and was the most amazing loving game ever made I'm not sure I could ever enjoy it. I'd be ramming spergs ships off landing pads and shooting my ships captain in the back of the head and not able to stop thinking about how lovely they community is, how much of a retarded twat Sandi is, and how much of a hand waving mushmouth Crobbits is.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FrankieGoes posted:

Tommytrain sure pwned you. Jesus Chris I hate shitizens so much. The fact that their community makes the average person violently ill should be enough to justify any refund. Even if the game came out and was the most amazing loving game ever made I'm not sure I could ever enjoy it. I'd be ramming spergs ships off landing pads and shooting my ships captain in the back of the head and not able to stop thinking about how lovely they community is, how much of a retarded twat Sandi is, and how much of a hand waving mushmouth Crobbits is.

What I find comical is that subreddit has only upvotes, I assume for a specific reason, but somehow posts have downvotes anyway.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's that little thing "why claim corporate espionage if it's just butthurt complainers" that broke him. Does. Not. Compute. (I think that's yelling in redditspeak).

Unfunny Poster posted:

What I find comical is that subreddit has only upvotes, I assume for a specific reason, but somehow posts have downvotes anyway.

Something mods can do perhaps? It fits the community.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Berious posted:

I would disagree because I feel the bare minimum in MMO standards should be don't completely trust the client so client side hacks run rampant. That game had more ridiculous game breaking hacks than any MMO I've seen. People would teleport all over the place, make themselves invincible, snipe housing plots even when they didn't appear online. poo poo was ridiculous.

The ship combat and goon drama was good though, I'll give it that.

Yes, and most of this happened because Trion decided to release without the updated security patch from Korea. The hacker had all the old scripts and holes open once again right form the start.

The best experience out of that fiasco where for those who got the basic founder pack for beta access. I agree with you things really went to poo poo town fast after release but its a little bit unfair to judge the English adaptation of a 3-4 year old Korean MMO on the same ground than English single player game from English studios available on the year they where released.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

xiansi posted:

The what now? Link this fucker.

Unless you mean Serious Eats, in which case yeah, that is a good cooking website.

Uh yup. I don't know why but it is lodged in my brain as "that food lab website" and not Serious Eats haha. My bad.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

quote:

Any normal person believing they were innocent would have kept this email conversation private. By making such conversations public, the posters intent is obvious: to purposefully humiliate those involved because they disagreed with the original decision. Therefore, irrespective of the details of the conversation, the fact that it has been made public is yet another example justifying why a ban could very well be deserving. Now, sure someone can start out as a being thought of as positive contributor to a community. But, such a perspective can easily be rendered irrelevant when more recent actions of that person overshadow their past history.

Normal, innocent people would shut up :mad:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

What amazes me is the backer's ability to simultaneously hold multiple conflicting opinions about every single controversy- literally they only ever seem to remember 1 event back in the timeline, and at this point are actually holding opinions that would seem to validate all the previous stories about CIG, if they took the time to think them through.

Okay, so, let me see if I have this right.

Derek Smart posts about David Jennison's departure email and the Escapist posts an article about allegations about Sandi among other things. It pisses CIG off so bad that CR writes a long letter about it. Backers say "I don't know why all these people are telling lies about CIG."

Derek Smart sends Beer a ship name.

Beer posts ship name with a a hash that is solved via google search- name leaks.

Ship comes out, is not that name- but for some reason there is placeholder text all over the article where it is referred to as POTATO.

Backers go "See? Derek Smart never had anything. It's safe to ignore what he says." They ignore the POTATO bit.

Beer is timecube-banned across 4 dimensions for multiple reasons, including but not limited to:
  • Corporate Espionage. Backers go "See? Shouldn't have colluded with Derek Smart to leak info." They ignore the bit where this would immediately show that CIG did, in fact, change the ship name just to spite Derek, and also that a lot of his other info was probably spot on.
  • Toxicity and posting in a way "not so clever as he thinks." Despite backers being overwhelmingly behind him regarding 104TC translations and the Cutlass thread, everyone nods and agrees that this is a valid and good reason.
  • Just generally associating with Derek Smart. Backers see nothing troubling about this.
  • Pissing off Sandi directly. The most probable reason but it will never be outright stated.
  • Violating terms of service in some way.

Beer goes on an Alice-In-Wonderland style email adventure to find out why he was banned- encounters Sandi literally playing multiple roles over Email. She is unable to actually put her finger on a reason. In the process she comes off as completely unhinged and unprofessional. Backers say "I don't see any of that- it seems like she's reaming him for being an rear end." They ignore the part where if the conversation is real, it not only shows how unstable CIG's management is, it actually confirms all the previous drama including Dave Jennison's leak.

Journalist covers Beer's ban along with BTHR podcast guys which is similarly sketch. Backers go: <fill in blank here>

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ewe2 posted:

Normal, innocent people would shut up :mad:

That doesn't make sense. If someone was innocent and had action taken against them, they would surely go for help. They would show the conversation because they have nothing to hide.

People who want to hide things tend to have something to hide. That's why they hide it.

I feel like I'm explaining the meaning of really basic words here.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Unfunny Poster posted:

Bots don't need to see the CSS to hit the vote :thumbsup:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ewe2 posted:

It's that little thing "why claim corporate espionage if it's just butthurt complainers" that broke him. Does. Not. Compute. (I think that's yelling in redditspeak).

Yeah, I feel kind of bad about it.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Oh to get some idea of what troubles Chris could be into regarding iffy financials.

In Australia one grey area in reducing your taxable income is to register as a company and then draw a wage from the returns. It needs two people at least to play company, you have to have AGM's and so on. So if your company earns $120,000 you pay the flat tax of 30% and then only have to pay for how much your wage earns you, so something like $35,000.

The company can also be used to buy/rent property or cars in it's name. The downside is that if you become insolvent then all of these assets will be sized vs a personal cost loss if you run a business. I have no idea if this scheme works in America but I'm sure there's something similar.

If what Derek is saying is true then all of the cars and houses are effectively owned by CIG/RSI and if their cashflow dies then so does their image of being successful and wealthy producers in Hollywood. That 100 mil of crowd cash is spread down and across 16 shell companies in part to protect against anything serious going under.
It's clear Roberts is trying to replicate what was going on at Digital Anvil and have a multi-media platform of film and gaming while having a slick facade so that any executives who chance in by get treated in style.

It also breaks a golden rule in entertainment which is you don't go in expecting to come out on top. Like any career you have to work bloody hard at it to get somewhere, you don't earn it for being persistent or for clinging to the ladder and double crossing people to gain a rung. Everything I've seen of Sandi screams of diva and one who actually is of the type to get blacklisted from auditions.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Whoever bought Derek his new avatar.... o7 to you sir!

I lol'd here in the train

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Uh yup. I don't know why but it is lodged in my brain as "that food lab website" and not Serious Eats haha. My bad.

All you need to know, or will ever need to know, about food, is contained in the brains (and websites) of Alton Brown, Ina Garten, and America's Test Kitchen.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Another comment from youtube

joope zixzixzix +BrazilianPeanutWar
People like you are exactly why I don't join the SA forums.

BrazilianPeanutWar

No you're not on the SA forums because we don't tolerate paedophiles, have fun with your sister.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So Beer how does it feel to be an international man of mystery?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"We don't allow personal attacks/bashing" - r/starcitizen mod

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zyo4u/wait_backers_can_get_banned_in_rsi_forum_even_if/cyq5v0s?context=10000

The irony of how they allow any Derek Smart/Goon focused personal insults/bashing to go unpunished being proven true in that chain is rather funny.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

It hurts enough, don't pour salt on my stupidity wounds :sweatdrop:

Sorry about the pain. Here is a recipe to make it better :

Basic Shio (salt) ramen broth :

300 ml water
1/2 Chopped green onion
1 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp sake (Cheap, low Alcohol % one)
1/2 tsp Salt (i prefer Himalayan pink or salt flower myself)
1 tsp Chicken stock powder (Try to get it from an asian market. They put MSG in it and it taste slightly different than regular chicken powder. Best is, as always, to cook a chicken and use real stock.)
1 tsp Lard (Dont skip on that even if your health conscious. its important for the texture. Make it a 1/2 tsp if you really must but no less otherwise the taste wont be the same.)

Add Ramen to taste, eat, enjoy.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Dolvak should do a Star Citizen roundtable with Beer, Alken Stroud, and Scott Manley. Topics including the state of the game, the management of CIG, the fanbase, the business model, whatever.

These are some of the best informed and even handed critics-- and it would be an amazing thing to watch. Derek is radioactive by choice and is almost universally despised by the Faith Militant-- Beer still has his defenders amongst them.

That would make for a fantastic discussion. Even in spite of Dolvak.

I feel like I'm due for a roundtable participation as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TTerrible posted:

I'm not really making a stand, it was one post. I've also got no issue with the posts about her being an evil succubus with a paralysed face - I just thought "Look at this model that has had children modelling for a maternity clothes line!" posts a bit weird when she is currently having a far more entertaining meltdown. Fair point on the tits though, I guess if we can laugh at Bens we can laugh at hers.

Maybe that's a source of Ben's problems. Sandi is jealous of his tits.

• Locked thread