Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How about we just drop the subject entirely.

please do this, both of you. :toot:

Also people I know the game has just opened but seriously

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
^^^^

I'm having a hard time with my joke vote, knowing I could joke vote here instead. gently caress. Everybody knows Ginger is where it's at.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Doktor Per posted:

^^^^

I'm having a hard time with my joke vote, knowing I could joke vote here instead. gently caress. Everybody knows Ginger is where it's at.

post real content

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
##unvote I guess

This pings me real bad for some reason, I dunno. I need time to think on it, but Ridonkulous going full ham on Ixt and then letting go without ceremony after it's obvious no one is jumping in, yet spending so much time in the circlejerk.

And also never actually voting on him. It strikes me as Bad, but in the same breathe it seems like such a stupid play for scum to do immediately at game start that it seems unlikely to amount to anything and I DON'T LIKE IT I'M AMBIVALENT SEND HELP

##vote Ridonkulous the most scummy right now with this argument I guess but I dunno I really would like a ~~~second opinion~~~

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

day one still sucks

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
ridonkulous is the guy that replaced me right

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Soag posted:

ridonkulous is the guy that replaced me right

Why are you still posting in a game you're not in? :argh:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

he's a stealth operative

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Podima posted:

Why are you still posting in a game you're not in? :argh:

im big boss

strikign deep into enemy territory

have to procure my role and allies ON SITE

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do like I did and hit ignore on VS for now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going to bed, please answer these questions for me to mull over and then give my opinion on later tomorrow:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Max posted:

Do like I did and hit ignore on VS for now.

max cant see me as im too stealthy but he likes to pretend hes in control

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Max posted:

I'm going to bed, please answer these questions for me to mull over and then give my opinion on later tomorrow:

the vote to ignore big boss

the vote to overthrwo max

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Max posted:

mine, mine, cuz mine

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##vote TMM

I have a theory.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

Gamerofthegame posted:

##vote Ridonkulous the most scummy right now with this argument I guess but I dunno I really would like a ~~~second opinion~~~

I dropped it because I'm not sure it is a scum tell on Day 1. Day 3+ I would have pushed that into the ground, but more likely it was a guy arguing with me because he did not like the way I interpreted what he said.

I don't like the way he argued but I'm also not sure it makes him scum. BUT if I had just ignored him saying I was wrong then that looks suspicious, so I kept arguing when I should have just ignored him.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote TMM

I have a theory.

whats ur theory

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tommunist posted:

whats ur theory

It's mostly meta and not something I want to specifically say at this point. I will definitely address it later.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

It's mostly meta and not something I want to specifically say at this point. I will definitely address it later.

come on MMT.......................

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Do we HAVE to lynch? I feel like things will become more obvious as time progresses.

A nightkill attempt is unlikely to kill someone outright but a lynch will. We run the risk of losing good soldiers.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

Do we HAVE to lynch? I feel like things will become more obvious as time progresses.

A nightkill attempt is unlikely to kill someone outright but a lynch will. We run the risk of losing good soldiers.
I kind of get where you are going with this but it only works if we put the scum into battle and they get killed

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Based on example post which has no real backing, scum in battles do hideous damage (to us) so yeah, gotta hunt scum or we'll get gibbed.

Ridonkulous posted:

I dropped it because I'm not sure it is a scum tell on Day 1. Day 3+ I would have pushed that into the ground, but more likely it was a guy arguing with me because he did not like the way I interpreted what he said.

I don't like the way he argued but I'm also not sure it makes him scum. BUT if I had just ignored him saying I was wrong then that looks suspicious, so I kept arguing when I should have just ignored him.

So you kept being stubborn and beating a dead horse because you thought it'd make you look more town?

Hmm!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

bowmore posted:

I kind of get where you are going with this but it only works if we put the scum into battle and they get killed

OR they try something during battle OR the night and that tells us something.

I'm just a soldier. An incredible soldier, but a soldier none the less.

For all I know, there are observation powers to be enjoyed in this game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

Sitting back and letting the cops etc' do the scum hunting is what loses town the game

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Ridonkulous (2): Kashuno, Gamerofthegame
bowmore (2): Tommunist, Rascyc
King Burgundy (1): CapitalistPig
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin
Ixtlilton (1): CapitalistPig, -CapitalistPig, bowmore
Podima (1): BabeLiker90
CapitalistPig (1): King Burgundy
BabeLiker90 (1): Doktor Per
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, bowmore, -bowmore, -TMMadman
Dominoes (0): Gamerofthegame, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike, -Gamerofthegame

Not Voting (15): 100YrsofAttitude, Birdstrike, Chic Trombone, Dominoes, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Gwynplaine, Ixtlilton, Max, Podima, Rarity, Ridonkulous, tithin, TMMadman, VivaNova

:h: With 25 players alive, it takes 13 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is January 11th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 19 hours.

Arrentish males are considered too irrational and unemotional, and have few civil and economic rights. Military enlistment is one of their sole paths for citizenship, though many in the Empire wish to change that status quo.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

I think you've been spoiled by your JoJo role. We need to not put scum in battle and the best way to find who they are remains in-thread voting and behaviour.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

I think you've been spoiled by your JoJo role. We need to not put scum in battle and the best way to find who they are remains in-thread voting and behaviour.

bowmore posted:

Sitting back and letting the cops etc' do the scum hunting is what loses town the game

Fair enough. I'm just worried about learning a major asset day one. There is no more efficient way to kill than the lynch. It's a double edged sword.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I have a convoluted theory about Diqnol. His vote on Pod is almost too easy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
gently caress it, the Ixt defence was weird as well
##vote BabeLiker90

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Diqnol could always be scum because he is gud player with complex posting patterns and wow this whole touch typing thing still feels weird, keyboard. it's like I want to push down all the way but I don't need to so I try not to but it feel unnatural. I dunno about this $90 keyboard, Diqnol, will it make me frag better?

But back to the point I don't think him defending me was weird, he's a chill dude who gets me, we play CS all the time. Also I'm really bad at counterstrike right now, I'm in the depths of CS:GO depression.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

Diqnol could always be scum because he is gud player with complex posting patterns and wow this whole touch typing thing still feels weird, keyboard. it's like I want to push down all the way but I don't need to so I try not to but it feel unnatural. I dunno about this $90 keyboard, Diqnol, will it make me frag better?

But back to the point I don't think him defending me was weird, he's a chill dude who gets me, we play CS all the time. Also I'm really bad at counterstrike right now, I'm in the depths of CS:GO depression.
this is a bad post

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

bowmore posted:

this is a bad post

You're a bad post.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'll post how I like.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

I'll post how I like.

no one was stoppin u from postin badly

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

gently caress it, the Ixt defence was weird as well
##vote BabeLiker90

It's day one and all I can think about is battle.

I'll follow you, brother, until I have my own ideas.

##vote BabeLiker90

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tommunist posted:

no one was stoppin u from postin badly

Thanks bro, I like your attitude.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD EVENING DARLINGS AND GENTLE-DARLINGS

so of the reading I've done so far, the only suspicion I've picked up so far is someone with gamer in the nameso I'd need to read again now that I'm off my phone and on a PC

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Diqnol is in the game?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

Diqnol is in the game?

He's babeliker90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

It's day one and all I can think about is battle.

I'll follow you, brother, until I have my own ideas.

##vote BabeLiker90

##vote Gwynplaine This is scummy and so is your "do we really HAVE to lynch someone" argument

• Locked thread