Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I wonder what would happen if people were going to massively report all the personal attack etc posts in /r/starcitizen. Dolvak says he can't be everywhere, would they actually remove said posts if they're reported?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Semisponge posted:

Yo I'm like a hundred pages behind but can you guys stop commenting on Sandi's appearance and speculating about her sex life it's loving creepy and gross.

Her apparent is funny cause she's trying mad hard to be an actress but she looks like skeletor

I don't think anyone has said anything about sexin? No?

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Everything about this is disgusting.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
When you're north of 30, the Hollywood dream dies. Some people never let it go, however.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Sarsapariller posted:

That guy doesn't get how it works. Reddit doesn't ban you for consorting with Derek Smart, because the subreddit wants to be open to all people no matter what their opinion is on the game.

No, if you cross CIG, redditors will just declare you an un-person and forget everything of value you ever contributed, and downvote all your comments so nobody can see them, and the mods of the sub will publish articles about your treatment implying that you're just making it all up, and you will be personally attacked and hounded across all of the other subs by lunatics who will even spend money to follow you to your original forum.

Open and inclusive. Something Awful needs to get with the times.

I was actually talking to Lesnick

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Everything about this is disgusting.

am i understandin this right - the 10k backer reward is some exclusive cosmetic space room? that is horrifying.

whats more surprising to me - as someone who didnt read this thread till today - is the crazy antigoon sentiment by the sc guys. but i tend to stick in the splatoon and miiverse threads so i dunno. but lordy some of the meltdowns over on the reddit and various blogs are unbelievably entertaining

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

I wonder what would happen if people were going to massively report all the personal attack etc posts in /r/starcitizen. Dolvak says he can't be everywhere, would they actually remove said posts if they're reported?

I don't know why you'd want to do this.

Everything about Star Citizen is hilarious, if they want to have a reddit dedicated to Star Citizen that's lead by a Mod that thinks CIG is perfect, let them, it provides us more laughs and any newbie asking questions will get downvoted to gently caress and will wonder why people are calling him Derek. You couldn't possibly change anything in that situation to set it up for a larger drama explosion when CIG eventually disappoints.

To me a large part of why it's all so crazy is that the errors from CIG are all unforced and despite the occasional bit of trolling nobody is actually trying to hurt their precious game. However if you start thinking you can change the outcome to any of this then you're one step away from actually caring about the outcome, just relax and enjoy it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm caught up with the latest drama :unsmith:

At first it was really hilarious, but then i got kinda bummed about it all cause i just don't see any way for all of this to end without someone killing themselves and/or others.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

alf_pogs posted:

am i understandin this right - the 10k backer reward is some exclusive cosmetic space room? that is horrifying.

whats more surprising to me - as someone who didnt read this thread till today - is the crazy antigoon sentiment by the sc guys. but i tend to stick in the splatoon and miiverse threads so i dunno. but lordy some of the meltdowns over on the reddit and various blogs are unbelievably entertaining

Yeah, basically they're taking development time and money to give something exclusively to big ticket backers. Might as well before CIG goes bankrupt.

And that's the thing, I actually still want this game to come out and be good (I can actually say that about most games), but this is the community that deifies spending an amount of money that could go towards helping people or doing something useful on potential.

I'll let Mr. Regular take my problem with "Potential" from here, because he's better with words than I am.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1nGcI6VPk (skip to 1:13)

EDIT: Replace "Revs" with "Update", "S2000" with "Star Citizen", "Miata" with "Elite Dangerous", etc.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 8, 2016

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I can't believe how excited I am for Star Citizen!

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

alf_pogs posted:

it was 10k during the original kickstarter campaign, to get one now you have to refer 1,042 people at $40 each minimum. Not joking.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Semisponge posted:

Yo I'm like a hundred pages behind but can you guys stop commenting on Sandi's appearance and speculating about her sex life it's loving creepy and gross.

This. Granted collateral creepyness is kinda inevitable when goons are involved

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Can you make her your waifu in squadron 42?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
The saddest thing about the Half-Million Mile High club isn't that it's a complete waste of time and money. No, it's not that. It's not even that the people who will be eligible for it are the spergiest of spergs hiding in some basement; individuals who wouldn't even be able to comport themselves with the required level of decorum required for such a place's real life equivalent.

No it's not any of that...

The saddest thing about it is that it'll only exist as some stupid little instanced place that you reach via a loading screen and not an actual in-game location that we can kamikaze a star cruiser into.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lilspooky posted:

The saddest thing about the Half-Million Mile High club isn't that it's a complete waste of time and money. No, it's not that. It's not even that the people who will be eligible for it are the spergiest of spergs hiding in some basement; individuals who wouldn't even be able to comport themselves with the required level of decorum required for such a place's real life equivalent.

No it's not any of that...

The saddest thing about it is that it'll only exist as some stupid little instanced place that you reach via a loading screen and not an actual in-game location that we can kamikaze a star cruiser into.

Yeah, it's a real pity that the Club isn't an actualy in-game location like... the gas station?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Semisponge posted:

The people in this thread can't even stop calling CR a coke addict even after Lowtax told them to stop, they ain't gonna listen to you

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I wonder if they'll put in Arma/Squad like prox voice. So I can jam some sweet tunes as I smash an Aurora into Idris cockpits.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Romes128 posted:

Her apparent is funny cause she's trying mad hard to be an actress but she looks like skeletor

I don't think anyone has said anything about sexin? No?

There were comments about casting couches etc

Booourns posted:

The people in this thread can't even stop calling CR a coke addict even after Lowtax told them to stop, they ain't gonna listen to you

:shrug: Sometimes you got to try.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Semisponge posted:

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

LastCaress posted:

What I don't get is why they're patching Star Citizen and fixing bugs when 90% of content isn't even there. Is it to give the appearance of progress? Shouldn't they try and implement some basic stuff (like economy) before fixing all the smallest bugs? When they implement the things they need to it's going to break a lot of things, so why are they so concerned with the bugs now?
By releasing the bare minimum they are effectively covering themselves against claims of not releasing a product under the assumption it will get fixed later. “Caveat emptor” largely applies in this case. How many video game failures have scored a class action lawsuit from consumers? Publishers have sued as they loose investment on a failed game.

Compare to X3 where the game was a broken mess on launch but was slowly patched up. However Egosoft, despite their flaws and even being guilty of playing the immersion card as a defence, do try to keep their fanbase happy as it's a niche genre they have a good slice of.

RSI is sandbagging for the inevitable collapse by rushing to tick off as much as possible on the promises list making it harder to prove a point in a case.
A case against RSI will have to prove they were intentionally dishonest and deceptive in their claims and promises. Can mismanagement and incompetence be used against them in this case?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Semisponge posted:

Yes, I have been trying to get people to stop talking personal poo poo about them, like when they were claiming Roberts is a cocaine junkie. This thread is about a PUBLIC GAME, not peoples' PRIVATE LIVES so let's try to steer clear of personal attacks.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dolvak posted:

In the end, there are three major problems with Mr. Dolvak's article. The first being, why does it matter. It’s a private individual and a private company having a spat.
What, customer service isn't part of the Star Citizen experience? It's like claiming a costumer making a negative product review would be irrelevant because the costumer having a warranty issue. Also, you're an idiot if you think anything the loving VP of marketing is involved with is a "spat with a private individual".

Dolvak posted:

The second problem, is there’s simply no credible proof that any of the claims made by BeerfortheBeerGod, or those made in Mr. Usher’s article, are factual.
Very well: then state which evidence you would consider sufficient. I grant that it's fully OK to be skeptic about internet words, but if Beer's not a credible source and if the mails are fabricated do you really think Sandi wouldn't scream foul and get all on the record? Yes you do, because you're an idiot.

Dolvak posted:

The third major problem is, quite frankly, that CIG can do what they please on their forums. It’s their site, their forums, and they’re both theirs to police as they see fit.
No. CIG can, quite frankly, do exactly what the community allows them to do - if you think CIG has acted reasonably in relation to Beer's actions, then loving say so. If it's okay for them to ban someone from their forums without them breaking any forum rules, wouldn't you think it would be better for CIG to state, clearly and succinctly, exactly which behavior they would consider acceptable?

You're a redditor for fucksakes. Try to mount an attack at least compatible with a token defense in support of free speech and the principle of legality.

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 8, 2016

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Hey reddit/shitizens/cultists/bronies....

Just remember:

No matter what happens...

Goons win

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer you lying bastard - said by this article lol

http://imgur.com/a/2ZsLM

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

Yes, I have been trying to get people to stop talking personal poo poo about them, like when they were claiming Roberts is a cocaine junkie. This thread is about a PUBLIC GAME, not peoples' PRIVATE LIVES so let's try to steer clear of personal attacks.

Coke jokes aside, it's kinda hard to make the distinction sometimes, especially when the people in question themselves seem incapable of making that distinction in their own lives. Like is it ok to comment on Sandi's acting ability when she's trying to (re-re) launch her career off the back of this Shart Circus? I mean, these people and their broken personalities and it's consequences when they're given a hundred mil are ultimately what makes this whole thing funny.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lowtax posted:

But Chris couldn't cut a cake in public even after spitting on it?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

Says the guy who said derek smart fucks zoo animals.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Friendly Tumour posted:

Like is it ok to comment on Sandi's acting ability when she's trying to (re-re) launch her career off the back of this Shart Circus? I mean, these people and their broken personalities and it's consequences when they're given a hundred mil are ultimately what makes this whole thing funny.
Of course it's fine to make fun of that. Acting is a public event, completely valid for criticism. Speculating on the size of a woman's vagina is not.

What I'm saying is that there's plenty of idiocy here to mock, and we don't need to bring personal and unrelated things into the thread, solely to be used as insults.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Romes128 posted:

Tbf, Derek is actually here to defend himself.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Romes128 posted:

I never said that. I said he raped them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Daztek posted:

Tbf, Derek is actually here to defend himself.

What even is a "zoo animal", really? Surely if you gently caress someone who works or is in a zoo, that counts.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
the scammy cunts deserve any kind of flak they get.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Also where is pgabz, I need validation and praise for my dumb gifs.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Are there zoos planned in SC, and if so, can we gently caress in them?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Will SC have a safe space station for My Little Pony RPing?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Liu posted:

the scammy cunts deserve any kind of flak they get.
No they most certainly do not, just because you disagree with a company's business practices or believe them to be incompetent, you have no right posting personal attacks on individuals responsible for it. The point of this thread is to laugh at SC, its supporters, and its company, and whenever somebody here resorts to attacking them personally, it never ends up being funny and makes us all look bad.

It's a loving video game, get some perspective here.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

Of course it's fine to make fun of that. Acting is a public event, completely valid for criticism. Speculating on the size of a woman's vagina is not.

What I'm saying is that there's plenty of idiocy here to mock, and we don't need to bring personal and unrelated things into the thread, solely to be used as insults.

Yeah, but you still need to think about it for a bit to come to a conclusion. And it's not hard to come to the wrong conclusion, especially when there's stuff flying around about taint hair and 20k coffee machines.

Lowtax posted:

I never said that. I said he raped them.

In a space barn?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Another rebuttal I prepared earlier because it's fun:

quote:

In the end, there are three major problems with Mr. Usher’s article. The first being, why does it matter. It’s a private individual and a private company having a spat.

If it didn't matter, you wouldn't have so desperately rushed out a rebuttal. Try harder next time. The stock answer, however, is that it tells us much about how the company is run, and it does not look good, as you well know.

quote:

The second problem, is there’s simply no credible proof that any of the claims made by BeerfortheBeerGod, or those made in Mr. Usher’s article, are factual.

There is no standard of proof you'd be satisfied with; if Sandi says nothing, you still screech FAKE. You cannot possibly admit there might be something in it, or your little brains will explode from the cognitive dissonance.

quote:

The third major problem is, quite frankly, that CIG can do what they please on their forums. It’s their site, their forums, and they’re both theirs to police as they see fit.

Since they already do, why do they require your help defending it? But this avoids the point Usher is making: if you cannot trust CIG to obey its own rules regarding its forums, what value is there in participation?

Certainly backers have a right to know that their participation is endangered by CIG snooping on their other activities, or is this kind of surprise part of the service? Morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

It's a loving video game, get some perspective here.

If you look at some people who keep their ship-buying habit a secret from their wife and need emergency plans to come up with next months rent, its appearent that to some it is far more...

• Locked thread