Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you die in real life, do your ships still not exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Friendly Tumour posted:

Yeah, but you still need to think about it for a bit to come to a conclusion. And it's not hard to come to the wrong conclusion, especially when there's stuff flying around about taint hair and 20k coffee machines.

In a space barn?
Derek was never able to code a Space Rape Barn, which is one of the many reasons he's jealous of SC because they are succeeding where he failed.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

It's a loving video game, get some perspective here.

There is no game lol

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Yolomon Wayne posted:

If you look at some people who keep their ship-buying habit a secret from their wife and need emergency plans to come up with next months rent, its appearent that to some it is far more...
But those people are not posting in this thread for obvious reasons, so I don't really need to address that.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Romes128 posted:

There is no game lol
Semantics, you nimrod.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

Derek was never able to code a Space Rape Barn, which is one of the many reasons he's jealous of SC because they are succeeding where he failed.

Wisdim.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is Alganon worth playing, it stopped downloading halfway for some reason, from the screenshots it looks exactly like WoW?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

Semantics, you nimrod.

gently caress u dweeb

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Is Alganon worth playing, it stopped downloading halfway for some reason, from the screenshots it looks exactly like WoW?

The only game worth playing is Star Citizen, citizen.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

redwalrus posted:

it was 10k during the original kickstarter campaign, to get one now you have to refer 1,042 people at $40 each minimum. Not joking.

that is absolutely insane. i am baffled and honestly kind of appalled that people would sink that disposable income and time into a non-product and promises.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Friendly Tumour posted:

Coke jokes aside, it's kinda hard to make the distinction sometimes, especially when the people in question themselves seem incapable of making that distinction in their own lives. Like is it ok to comment on Sandi's acting ability when she's trying to (re-re) launch her career off the back of this Shart Circus? I mean, these people and their broken personalities and it's consequences when they're given a hundred mil are ultimately what makes this whole thing funny.

Think of it like this: everyone at the table is laughing about someone falling on their face because they're clumsy and one of you assholes yells out "YEAH AND SHE'S UGLY TOO" and then when everyone gets quiet is when it's not okay anymore.

I know goons aren't great at the social stuff but god drat this is some basic poo poo.

Also if we weren't allowed to make fun of ability then we wouldn't be allowed to make fun of this entire trainwreck of a development process.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Also They have a selection of episodes of Good Eats on netflix now, watch that poo poo and maybe learn how to cook something

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Romes128 posted:

gently caress u dweeb
Please stop, you are making this community toxic with your mean-spirited comments to the project's leader.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I know goons aren't great at the social stuff but god drat this is some basic poo poo.
That's always been a huge flaw here as far as I can remember. Comments start out as jokes about trivial aspects of the topic, then slowly grow more bitter and angry, and soon you've got people trying to one-up other people with harsher insults and doing things that clearly step over the line. Then the fun of the thread immediately disappears and we usually have to gas it, since posters' behaviour will continue to be just as bad, if not worse.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lowtax posted:

Please stop, you are making this community toxic with your mean-spirited comments to the project's leader.

You should ask Radium to implement a system where you can rate individual posts and if a certain threshold is hit said post will be hidden and the poster put on probation.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

That's always been a huge flaw here as far as I can remember. Comments start out as jokes about trivial aspects of the topic, then slowly grow more bitter and angry, and soon you've got people trying to one-up other people with harsher insults and doing things that clearly step over the line. Then the fun of the thread immediately disappears and we usually have to gas it, since posters' behaviour will continue to be just as bad, if not worse.

Can you stop serious posting in the Star Citizen thread?

Why the gently caress did my phone automatically capitalize Star Citizen?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Lowtax has been compromised!

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Goons Ruin Everything.

Fortunately the crazy keeps coming thick and fast, so we don't have time to devour ourselves in an orgy of sadbrains and edginess. Or we can innoculate the thread with an intensive course of recipes, kittens and parp.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Daztek posted:

You should ask Radium to implement a system where you can rate individual posts and if a certain threshold is hit said post will be hidden and the poster put on probation.
Radium now codes for the US Government and spends his spare time repairing pinball machines.

I am not joking.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zzm2h/drama_the_responsening_inn/cyqh435

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

:munch:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Ask them about that roundtable with you,Derek and Bootcha

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:clint:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Somehow it still seems weird that these fake journalists for a fake space game think that "lalalalalalalala I don't believe you!" qualifies as intelligent commentary.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Lowtax posted:

Radium now codes for the US Government and spends his spare time repairing pinball machines.

I am not joking.

Haha, what the gently caress does he code for your goverment?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Chalks posted:

Somehow it still seems weird that these fake journalists for a fake space game think that "lalalalalalalala I don't believe you!" qualifies as intelligent commentary.
You honestly believe that seems out of character for a Star Citizen fan?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

I am not joking.

The Finnish satirical magazine "Pahkasika" ceased publishing in 2000 after coming to the conclusion that reality and satire had become indistinguishable from each other.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dongattack posted:

Haha, what the gently caress does he code for your goverment?
No clue, I haven't spoken to him since I fired him.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Lowtax posted:

No clue, I haven't spoken to him since I fired him.

Man, i can't even begin to imagine.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
When war breaks out with Russia and a cruise missile ends up in my garden shed I know who I'm going to blame.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

can't wait!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lowtax posted:

You honestly believe that seems out of character for a Star Citizen fan?

Yeah but you'd have assumed that someone who's wanting to run a "news network" is a student of journalism or at least has a passing interest in it.

Someone dig up that picture of this guy in his stupid bow tie and professional mic interviewing people at CITCON. The guy looks ridiculous but also like he likes to pretend to be an actual journalist rather than some gobshite fanboy.

I'm clearly mistaken, I guess being the target audience for the space news van isn't a sign of self awareness...

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I may have been a bit bored at work recently an have marathoned through the whole saga. Incredible. How has this continued so long? Does anyone know the maximum someone could have (or has already) spent on this incredible vapourwear gaming watershed?

Do redditors and others not realise that when you really get down to it, goon involvement in stuff like this is just because it's funny? There's always these conspiracy theories and weird ideas of why goons do anything, but the answer is always just "bored, it was funny"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lenoon posted:

I may have been a bit bored at work recently an have marathoned through the whole saga. Incredible. How has this continued so long? Does anyone know the maximum someone could have (or has already) spent on this incredible vapourwear gaming watershed?

Do redditors and others not realise that when you really get down to it, goon involvement in stuff like this is just because it's funny? There's always these conspiracy theories and weird ideas of why goons do anything, but the answer is always just "bored, it was funny"

People have spend over $30,000. It's crazy.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

lenoon posted:

30k apparently by some douchebag on reddit

Dick pic knight spent like 20k

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Khanstant posted:

british architecture is so ugly

How very loving dare you.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BRUTALISM UP IN THESE UNITED KINGDOMS MOTHERFUCKER

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Lowtax posted:

So what you're telling me is SomethingAwful is not in fact different from the rest of the internet?

Sir i am requesting a refund on the grounds i did not receive what i paid for you've had a decade and a half and you've missed every deadline

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Romes128 posted:

30k apparently by some douchebag on reddit

Dick pic knight spent like 20k

Doesn't that break the idea of "crowdfunding" or kickstater or what have you? At that point you are picking up investors and you don't owe a loving cent back to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

lenoon posted:

Believe it or not, many have no clue. Apparently SA is a really tight nit group of fellas following the whims of the Lowtax who has dictated to us all to destroy the Best Videogame Made Ever through corporate espionage, doxxing, and combining arms with the evil Derik Smarts.

Speaking of cult poo poo, why the hell does CR call himself "the chairman" unironically? It's such an odd title in isolation and without any context that isn't Chinar or that one film with Morgan Freeman where a bunch of secret agents are trying to stop Matt Damon from marrying some chick because the chairman is actually "God" and God wants Matt Damon to become president of the US or something.

I guess they intended it to be witty, but it's about as witty as calling yourself "Fuhrer".

• Locked thread