Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Straight from the mouths of the citizens. Pedophiles are A-OK when compared to Goons.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tippis posted:

:doh:

I thought you fermented the eagle-squeeze rather than squeeze the fermented eagle.

Will Star Citizen have eagle squeezins?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

agreed. If i had a desk that wasnt a perpetual mess id have a bottle of that one on here.

Right now, the only bottle adorning my desk is Captain Morgan Black because it was delicious and has a neat skeleton morgan on the back.

I keep a bottle of Jefferson's "Aged at Sea" small batch bourbon on my desk. It's warm and delicious.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Beet Wagon posted:

They are pretty much the best. They are like sea-kitties.

Capable of being calm, quiet, snuggly... then tearing your entire hand off? Yeah, sounds sea-kitty.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Don't be dense. They have to be fermented first.
Ah, Greenland's finest recipe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiviak
"About 500 auks are packed into the seal skin intact, including beaks, feet and feathers. As much air as possible is removed from the seal skin before it is sewn up and sealed with seal fat, which repels flies. A large rock is then placed on top to keep the air content low. Over the course of seven months, the birds ferment, and are then eaten during the Greenlandic winter, particularly on birthdays and weddings."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This needs to be on every page.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Straight from the mouths of the citizens. Pedophiles are A-OK when compared to Goons.

Holy poo poo, these people are loving insane.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Wafflz posted:

Will Star Citizen have eagle squeezins?

The purpose of the birds has been revealed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

jfc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

hahaha

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I keep a bottle of Jefferson's "Aged at Sea" small batch bourbon on my desk. It's warm and delicious.

ill have to look it up, which im doing right now!

Also: Buttsnow Hurtflakes is the best term ever.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Birds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm glad we're talking about sharks and fermented eagles and Star Citizen. This thread truly has everything.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 8, 2016

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Unfunny Poster posted:

:wow: always more always worse.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

I wonder if the Citizens are the new Trekkies in term of pedophiles probability...

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Maybe they will announce fishing today on their stream

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Look at the games framework as it exist right now. The game is not stable, even if you remove the online and co-op component. Ships break apart for no reason, the physics are all hosed, people clip through everything, etc.

Now take into consideration this letter and the PC Gamer loving cover story not having absolutely anything concrete in it. Now take into consideration that it usually takes 3-4 months after a game is complete to just iron out the bugs. Now finally take into consideration the general aptitude displayed by CIG so far. What makes you actually think that the game is going to be out this year other than "making games isn't hard"

Whoa there!

"Making game" is hard, making good game even harder.

But remember that they have announced they are "splitting" SQ42 from SC. SQ42 won't probably use the same platform we are now using on the PTU and even if it is more stable offline, I bet it would be even more solid if you took out the whole multiplayer component, not just taking it "offline".

They can do a smaller 32bit map for SQ42 with loading transition between them and use the single seater crafts (who are less prone to strange behaviour) for dogfight missions.

All the "blockers" they face now (netcode,multicrew, lack of sandbox features, unfinised design, ect) are gone for SQ42. They have already at least a year of pre-production for it and a half year of Mocap already done. This is the original project they pitched 4 years ago.

I know the apperance of mismanagement and "laissez faire" of CIG are glaring but the task ahead for SQ42 is so simple for a 250+ staff, 105M$ studios than they should be able to push out at least a complete, generic, 20-30h single player game with all the assets they already have developped from the other modules since the begining of the project. They dont have to innovate, just show a cutscene, plop you on the mission map, walk and fly, finish the level, rinse, repeat.

The few things that could stop that would be a failing to downsize enough in time to reduce the burn rate to a manageable ammount untill the next anniversary/christmas sale or a serious investigation of financial fraud.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 8, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bait and Swatch posted:

Maybe they will announce fishing today on their stream

Griefing + fishing will make the game real tempting for me.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Croberts, I expect to Be able to wrangle some space catfish in the verse, dont disappoint Tia

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

ill have to look it up, which im doing right now!

Also: Buttsnow Hurtflakes is the best term ever.

It's not cheap but it is very good bourbon and a portion of the proceeds goes to help track and study pelagic predators like White sharks, which is pretty cool.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wafflz posted:

Wasn't that Kimsemus's downfall

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I wanted to say something along those lines but I couldn't remember how to spell his loving name. :effort:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

you'll get banned from Goonrathi for this

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Wait, where was the comment about forgetting about birds?

Because Chris Roberts promised me birds. With Oregon out of commission, Star Citizen is all I've got for my bird needs.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Id rather be surrounded by 100 pedophiles than 1 goon - Star Citizen

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

this is really morbid but ifwhen lesnick does die from a massive heart attack they'll probably blame goons/smart for stressing him out

Well, I tripped over a picture of his missus (she apparently used to do music), and between him, her, and CIG, I think it is pretty obvious the goons are not larding him and her up.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

It's not cheap but it is very good bourbon and a portion of the proceeds goes to help track and study pelagic predators like White sharks, which is pretty cool.

Thanks for the pic of that bottle, next time im at Bevmo or something ill see if i can find it. How does it compare to Makers Mark?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wait, where was the comment about forgetting about birds?

Because Chris Roberts promised me birds. With Oregon out of commission, Star Citizen is all I've got for my bird needs.

D_Smart says you need to forget about the birds.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Raping children < criticizing a video game

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

apologies to Bootcha.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Madcosby posted:

Id rather be surrounded by 100 pedophiles than 1 goon - Star Citizen

pretty sure you just described citizencon

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

D_Smart says you need to forget about the birds.

Oh, well fortunately, everyone knows not to trust anything D_Smart says. He just wants to crush our avifauna plans and strategies.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I just played a couple of rounds of BF4 in some prison / hoth map which I don't even know the name of. Actually got like 5 or 6 kills because I discovered the noobtube. Game is ridiculously fun - just in the sweet spot for me between sim and shooty mans . Thanks for recommending it GORF :)

Anyway played that, had some dinner then came back and Derek is still clowning CIG. :lol:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

In a nutshell

Though the fisher goons deserved to have their jimmies rustled

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
REVERSE THE VERSE

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

apologies to Bootcha.

Life imitates art.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

Thanks for the pic of that bottle, next time im at Bevmo or something ill see if i can find it. How does it compare to Makers Mark?

I like it better. I'm not like a connoisseur or anything, but Jefferson's seems smoother and a little more caramelly(?) than Maker's Mark to me.

I don't know if it has something to do with the gimmicky "aged for five months at sea" thing, but to me it tastes like it's been aged for a much longer time, making it a little mellower and allowing some more of the bourboney flavor to come through.

That's my expert opinion.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I was going to name my ship the SS Chris Roberts but everytime I got ready to hit the buy now button i decide to redo the whole process xD

Hell, it should only take you, say, 30 tries...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He obviously appreciated the finer things in online gaming.

Eonwe posted:

you'll get banned from Goonrathi for this

What did fun ever do to them anyway?

• Locked thread