Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Intactus
Oct 12, 2008

Each of you must approach him. If he snarls and growls, he considers you a chump.

We will always have Peng. ALWAYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Oh nooo, I Give Great Peng didn't win! I was rooting for you, buddy :(

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Wow. I was pretty drat certain that nothing would be able to top Hammond's viking funeral as an episode closer... but this ending blew it right out of the water. I seriously can't believe the dismemberment carries over between the two scenes. :aaaaa:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Generic American posted:

Wow. I was pretty drat certain that nothing would be able to top Hammond's viking funeral as an episode closer... but this ending blew it right out of the water. I seriously can't believe the dismemberment carries over between the two scenes. :aaaaa:

Agreed, that was amazing.

Ruho
Sep 21, 2011

:blush: :love: PENG :love: :blush:
I think I've given all I can when it comes to peng.
Gotta admit, was pushing it bit too far and gave up halfway but we had some good times!

Here's some absolute loving fanship spaceship garbage because why the gently caress not

Geop posted:

I think it's actually more of a spaceship

Oh my god.

Ruho fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 9, 2016

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Ruho posted:

Gotta admit, was pushing it bit too far and gave up halfway but we had some good times!

Here's some absolute loving fanship garbage because why the gently caress not

Magnus Intactus
Oct 12, 2008

Each of you must approach him. If he snarls and growls, he considers you a chump.

Ruho posted:

Here's some absolute loving fanship spaceship garbage because why the gently caress not

Oh my god.

That look that Hammond gives in the last panel is *perfect*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geop posted:

Ah, so this is why you were so quiet for most of the video.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Been marathoning this LP since I finally got round to watching the first episode the other day. Dunno what took me so long. I tend to prefer horror game LPs that are done like this because I get too drat tense otherwise. Been great so far, so thanks to all of you. Also I love puns, I think that helps. Also any time you've voiced a necromorph, and the little corner hologram-looking thing, and so on.

Anyway, whichever episode it was where you kept getting jumped at the bench/store got me thinking. It'd be funny if there was some rig upgrade with a description that made it sound really good, but with a tiny smallprint warning about it not being compatible with all rigs. Then if you ever took it you just blew up after a while.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Hello! I have a surprise; we uploaded the top two images in the poll:

To add these, when going through title-change, just put img tags around the path. So, for example, mine is:

Magnus Intactus
Oct 12, 2008

You will always be my Peng Pal, Geop!

Nomad175
Oct 14, 2012

By not beating me, he has beaten me.

Geop, you're wonderful. :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
:goonsay: excuse me, I have Lore Corrections!

The babbies that you're fighting on the ship are all, or at least mostly, not actual babies. The area you first encounter them in is a cloning facility for spare parts in case folks get injured. The babies in tanks are brainless fleshblob clones they use to get arms, eyes, what have you. That's why there are drawers labeled for body parts in that area. I think it's also how the game avoided an AO rating.

The USG Kellion is actually in the shuttlebay- for reasons that aren't very clear, but are probably related to its explosion, its remains are all in the corner of the hangar. I think it's visible in the video at ~19:55, and you pan past it a few more times later on.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 31, 2016

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
:siren: Always gotta end with a bang! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI7vD42RuEo

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well that was great. Thanks for the LP, been a good laugh.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I would like to go on record saying that I appreciate all the undertale references that went unloved in that video.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Discendo Vox posted:

I would like to go on record saying that I appreciate all the undertale references that went unloved in that video.

This video showed me that Toriel's name is a joke on Tutorial and yes I missed that entirely until now, shut up that's how.

So, with all the Garfield chat in this LP, I can't remember, did anyone mention Garfield: First Blood? Would have really loved to see it close out with a group rendition of 'Lover and Fighter Man' but alas.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Voidburger, I have seen Cool as Ice starring Vanilla Ice and it is pretty wonderawful. One of the guys who worked on it (director of photography, according to Wikipedia) went on to be the cinematographer for Schindler's List, which seems like a pretty big career turnaround.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So will there be videos covering the Dead Space tie in movie stuff? I know there are a few of them relating to the first game, and while it's been a few years it's probably great for riffing.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.

bobjr posted:

So will there be videos covering the Dead Space tie in movie stuff? I know there are a few of them relating to the first game, and while it's been a few years it's probably great for riffing.

That's the plan!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Goddamn, I got eaten by that monster so many times. Aiming with mouse and keyboard during that part is miserable.

So it's fairly common knowledge that Isaac Clarke was named after famous sci-fi authors Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clark and of course his parents are no different. Poul refers to Poul Anderson (who's work I'm not super familiar with) and Octavia Ocativa E. Butler who is probably one of my favorite authors of all time. I was inordinately happy to see her referenced since almost no one I've ever spoken to has ever even heard of her.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
First time playing through, I had no idea this was the final chapter until I reached the Hive Mind. Every section in the story felt like it was rushed and I could never tell what was it was trying to emphasize as important.

It was almost as if this game had a Dead Pace.

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
I know it's way different when you watch and there are people talking, but when you are playing, it's really obvious that in the beginning when Nicole first shows up there's a log or something about how dead people show up as hallucinations or ghosts or whatever right before Nicole starts talking. In the end the big surprise to me was that I didn't realize the game wanted you to think Nicole wasn't dead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A fine send off to the first game, you guys were on a tear this episode. Especially Voidburger once she became situationally aware again and could react to events in the game.

I'm gonna miss Geop for the rest of the series though. It's a shame he didn't make it to the ship.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Toma posted:

I know it's way different when you watch and there are people talking, but when you are playing, it's really obvious that in the beginning when Nicole first shows up there's a log or something about how dead people show up as hallucinations or ghosts or whatever right before Nicole starts talking. In the end the big surprise to me was that I didn't realize the game wanted you to think Nicole wasn't dead.

I don't think the game every really wanted us to believe Nicole was alive, it just wanted us to believe that Isaac didn't know she was dead. That was the whole point of the reveal that we only saw part of her message, he already knew she was dead and he was just in denial about it.

That flash at the end with Isaac standing in a room shaking his head with his helmet on, after we saw him take his helmet off and sit in the shuttle, seems to me to be a really big clue that it's very possible that a significant amount of the weird poo poo Isaac encounters aren't necessarily real. In a cast full of super unreliable narrators, I think the silent protagonist was the one everyone suspected the least.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
Thanks for all the hard work guys.
This was a great distraction from the miserable first stages of cold/flu/something today.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe the real Dead Space was the friends we made along the way.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe the real Dead Space was the friends we made along the way.
I already got all the friends I need.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Sorry if I missed it, but what did clearing the game on impossible do?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Discendo Vox posted:

Sorry if I missed it, but what did clearing the game on impossible do?

It gives you an Achievement. That's it.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

IronSaber posted:

It gives you an Achievement. That's it.

Also a rage aneurysm.

Back when viddler was still alive, The Man With a Hat did a great LP of Dead Space, including a Blind Impossible run. Needless to say, shenanigans and horrible deaths ruled the day.

(You can probably still find it on the LP archive)

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Now that the game is over, I think it's safe to say that this has been my favorite LP to date. Which is weird, because I usually don't like watching videos with so many people commentating... but here, it just worked from square one and I never gave it a thought until right now. The editing gags in particular were also a huge high point for me. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to any future stuff, Dead Space or not! :cheers:

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
we really pengin' now, yo
get dat peng up in j00

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Generic American posted:

Now that the game is over, I think it's safe to say that this has been my favorite LP to date. Which is weird, because I usually don't like watching videos with so many people commentating... but here, it just worked from square one and I never gave it a thought until right now. The editing gags in particular were also a huge high point for me. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to any future stuff, Dead Space or not! :cheers:

Same, but I enjoyed the LP from the beginning. The editing gags were just icing on the cake.

Which episode was the one where they started talking about Garfield and the John Cena Scooby Doo movie?

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
:siren: Get some popcorn :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vy_TQf55h0

Instructions on how to watch this are in the description of the video. If you're having a hard time watching try using this super secret link that no one knows about.

TTornado
Feb 15, 2015

Piso mojado, dirtbag.
Listen to all of these, like, Animaniacs voice actors getting paid by making this movie.

Magnus Intactus
Oct 12, 2008

Kamoc posted:

:siren: Get some popcorn :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vy_TQf55h0

Instructions on how to watch this are in the description of the video. If you're having a hard time watching try using this super secret link that no one knows about.

Holy poo poo, this is gold. I lost it about an hour and ten minutes in.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
What a dumb and very lovely cartoon

You know things are bad when you make something under 90 minutes but it still feels a bit long.

sulphagne
Mar 30, 2011

The Council, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
That was a weird thing to sit through because the direction and pacing was straight out of 80s/90s cartoons, but with gore and swearing thrown in. It didn't feel like an attempt at horror so much as an extended advertisement for necromorph action figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean...I watched an hour of content, but I feel like nothing happened.

• Locked thread