Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

So you're saying that walls and cubicle dividers are confirmed?

Only if they are made out of reclaimed aircraft parts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Tippis posted:

So you're saying that walls and cubicle dividers are confirmed?

Now you're making me question the bar-less windows

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

IrvingWashington posted:

More bad news for citizens:

That's clearly a bird :cripes:

Looks like a thong to me.

No thongs unless you have no pubes.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Lowtax at what age will your kids get SA accounts

Will they pay for them to teach them financial responsibility, or will they get them nepotism style

Also will this be a Mom 'n Pop style forum with management spanning generations

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Solvency posted:

Looks like a thong to me.

No thongs unless you have no pubes.

Banana hammocks - 10 in. stretch goal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chalks posted:

So this rooms system is another thing I seem to have no recollection of what so ever. Is it a big deal? Is this the first CIG "oops turns out we're not going to keep that promise"?

It has the potential to be a big deal since it directly affects the spergs and their little virtual fiefdoms. People were looking forward to having a firing range or love nook or all sorts of other poo poo. Likely Ben just hosed up the explanation since modular construction is a pretty major part of their design scheme.

Wafflz posted:

When they cancel the private servers, and they will since even the whaliest whale couldn't afford to host one, the fallout is going to be hilarious.

This will be particularly hilarious because they flat out declared that, unlike Frontier, CIG would absolutely provide private servers.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Every page needs this and no [timg] neither

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Shala posted:

Banana hammocks - 10 in. stretch goal.

I can guarantee this is impossible. Don't ask me how I know.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Definitely too old for this poo poo.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Secret "Death to Star Citizen" Cabal Status Update:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

derek seems to have mellowed somewhat

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

IrvingWashington posted:

I can guarantee this is impossible. Don't ask me how I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_xnEMAdruc

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Bootcha posted:

:eyepop:

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

It's my own personal vision :smith:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Bootcha posted:

What does this mean? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! :pgabz:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm Karl's aneurysm right now irl (go gently caress yourself)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

Zyloh - 2016-01-08 22:45:11 UTC : QA has given the 2.1.0d PTU candidate the greenlight. We are now testing launcher/patching. More information soon!
Holy poo poo guys this is it!!!!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sooooo… what tropical nations do not have an extradition treaty with the US or the EU?

Asking for a friend.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Holy poo poo guys this is it!!!!

OMG :gary: :gary: :lesnick: :lesnick: :pgabz: :pgabz:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bootcha posted:

Since Bootcha is already gone that leaves sandi and money.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

Sooooo… what tropical nations do not have an extradition treaty with the US or the EU?

Asking for a friend.

I hear :pgi: has an island that's pretty comfy.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Asking for a friend.

Look no further, friend, than Terra Malatora

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
After journeying in the 'verse, a visit to Malatora would feel refreshingly reality-ish

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Dapper Dan posted:

In the real world? You kidnap them. Not even joking. The pull of a cult is extraordinarily powerful to people with weak wills or low self-esteem. Failing that, there's nothing much you can do but have them reach a breaking point much like a drug addict. They have to be beyond the lowest point in their lives. They have to be thoroughly used, abused and completely broken before they will break ties with them. If you watch the Scientology doc going clear, the one theme is that everyone had this happen to them. There wasn't anything anyone else could do. They had to be utterly destroyed before they realized what was going on.

Part of the problem with cults is the isolation. With reddit and CIG forums this is exceptionally easy. With reddit, bad opinions are downvoted into invisibility and with CIG, they just ban you for any form of minor dissent. The more the outside world goes at you, the more the cult opens up to you. 'They called you stupid? Well, they just came out with this cool jpeg, you can really put it to the doubters!' or they'll make you feel special, like Chris where he lets you be a part of the team or makes you feel super important to the project multi-level marketing cult by giving you titles and trinkets. 'Oh, your family doesn't understand? Don't tell them. They will never understand. Only we can understand what it is like.' Put your farm up for sale for an entertainment product? 'Oh, it will be worth it in the end. You'll pull through in the end.' You don't have to expose yourself to any bad opinions ever, and there is a ton of self reinforcement that goes on.

Alternatively, if you pull back even a little bit, you are met with the harshest criticisms and are broken down by people you thought were your friends or part of a community. 25 year bans are joke bans, they aren't to be taken seriously. On CIG, they are. They are a representation of someone who has been exiled for the harshest of treason. Its not shocking people with a cult mentality will turn on beer. He committed the gravest offence, consorting with the anti-christ. That's why assuming these are rational people or will respond rationally to evidence is a mistake. They won't ever do that. Look at the people who doubt. They are almost always immediately met with 'Get out of here, we don't need the likes of you here' or being accused of a toxic individual.

Basically, the only thing that will 'free' people is Star Citizen is released, it fails or they face financial ruin because of it with no emotional return. That's it. They have to break out of this themselves and some of them never will, they'll just latch onto something else. Nothing you can do and they are a vile, disgusting awful bunch of people so just get enjoyment from them because poo poo is only going to get worse and more insane, not better.

Quoting this because I skirted the edge of the SC Cult to a very close line and got away in time. It really is this insidious. Your friends buy a jpeg. they tell you the game will be awesome and amazing and we can all play together and ahve such fun. Then they start fantasising, and the moment you start asking questions you're met with 'look it'll be fine don't worry' and other platitudes. Then before you know it your friends are poo poo talking [latest guy to be excommunicated] and if you dare try to debate them you're told 'you're being stupid, why are you listening to Derek Smart and his loser cabal'. This is all actually what happened to me, by the way. The only way i got out was I happened to relog back into SA because of Elite: Dangerous and i decided to check the SA SC Thread, not even knowing this was apparently 'Derek's HQ". Then 1000+pages later...Well, here I am, free. Thanks thread, you pulled me back from the event horizon.

Edit: I'm only $55 down so I feel lucky to have escaped, and will (assuming the chargeback fails) take this as a AAA-game-priced lesson into groupthink fallacies

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 9, 2016

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
okay I just bought the cheapest spaceship package for my spaceman, the $45 one. I don't know if I'll have the energy or motivation to play it with my daughter tonight, but definitely tomorrow evening.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

WHAAAAA?

Did Sandi finally jet?!

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Bootcha posted:

Holy Fuckballs

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
DID YOU READ THAT, MISTER AND MISSES ROBERTS? I, THE OWNER OF THE WORLD'S MOST TOXIC INTERNET COMMUNITY, HAVE SPENT $45 TO PURCHASE ONE OF YOUR SPACESHIPS FOR SPACE IN YOUR SPACE GAME

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Lowtax posted:

okay I just bought the cheapest spaceship package for my spaceman, the $45 one. I don't know if I'll have the energy or motivation to play it with my daughter tonight, but definitely tomorrow evening.

Wait 2 weeks, then get a refund.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

This continues to be the best thread in the Verse :pgabz:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

In light of the cult-ish being around this game...

Only Sunday will suffice.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kordansk posted:

Wait 2 weeks, then get a refund.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lowtax posted:

DID YOU READ THAT, MISTER AND MISSES ROBERTS? I, THE OWNER OF THE WORLD'S MOST TOXIC INTERNET COMMUNITY, HAVE SPENT $45 TO PURCHASE ONE OF YOUR SPACESHIPS FOR SPACE IN YOUR SPACE GAME

14 days for a refund.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lowtax posted:

Aww. No :lesnick: for us.

Ravane posted:

14 days for a refund.

Yes do this.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Lowtax posted:

"It's happening!" - everyone at CIG

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

:getin:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Bootcha posted:

Such a tease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Aww. No :lesnick: for us.

At least we have :pgabz:

• Locked thread