Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lowtax posted:

DID YOU READ THAT, MISTER AND MISSES ROBERTS? I, THE OWNER OF THE WORLD'S MOST TOXIC INTERNET COMMUNITY, HAVE SPENT $45 TO PURCHASE ONE OF YOUR SPACESHIPS FOR SPACE IN YOUR SPACE GAME

Want to come and try multi crew with me? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if both Sandi quit and Lowtax played Star Citizen then requested a refund this week/weekend it would be the best ever

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Ravane posted:

14 days for a refund.

I do not plan on asking for a refund because I am truly looking forward to playing this amazing game with all its revolutionary content and bonus added stretch goals that help fully immerse you in a living, breathing world where anything is possible!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

i can download it and try it out if you ever want to

let me know and ill uh download it tonight i guess

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

I do not plan on asking for a refund because I am truly looking forward to playing this amazing game with all its revolutionary content and bonus added stretch goals that help fully immerse you in a living, breathing world where anything is possible!

please go indepth on the bird physics on your stream, tia

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lowtax posted:

you dummy, you were supposed to buy star citizen

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
support@cloudimperiumgames.com via zendesk.com
Jan 7 (1 day ago)

to me
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Hello,

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wafflz posted:

When they cancel the private servers, and they will since even the whaliest whale couldn't afford to host one, the fallout is going to be hilarious.

This will be particularly hilarious because they flat out declared that, unlike Frontier, CIG would absolutely provide private servers.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the private servers are eliminated. CIG seems even vaguer than usual about the feature.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

support@cloudimperiumgames.com via zendesk.com
Jan 7 (1 day ago)

to me
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Hello,

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

reply with sandi's rant

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

Sounds like a plan, not tonight though, it takes at least 48 hours for me to mentally prepare myself for the 'Universe

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wafflz posted:

reply with sandi's rant

On it

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Look no further, friend, than Terra Malatora

Geez, it's such a shame that that poor pupetmaster furry got beat up in FYAD on the most toxic community on the internet.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

Be prepared to redownload it everytime there is an update/and or/ one 12kb file doesn't verify right. Good luck.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mirificus posted:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the private servers are eliminated. CIG seems even vaguer than usual about the feature.

That would require there to be features in the first place.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 9, 2016

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Good.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Lowtax posted:

Good.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3zkmc8/derek_was_right_all_along_and_another_sandi/cyr4fio?context=3#cyqi7f2

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Ha! Reddit already has a thread up to talk about Boocha's post.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mirificus posted:

As soon as they started going over their server tech, it was obvious that it is a feature that is going to have to be cut but no citizens seem to ask about it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jimb posted:

Ha! Reddit already has a thread up to talk about Boocha's post.

link!!!!

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Eonwe posted:

link!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/403pze/noted_dsmart_accomplice_bootcha_just_posted_this/

e:Looks like they are suppressing this one.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3zkmc8/derek_was_right_all_along_and_another_sandi/cyqmzgo

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
woooooooah
:gary: :pgabz: :yarg:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
question: anytime beer is mentioned in any reddit thread there's always a few guys who go 'hang on, he did good, thoughtful posting and was a valued member of the community, what's going on?', so who has taken up the mantle? is there any prominent community member posting good, thoughtful posts that the community likes?

also i cannot stop laughing at the palpable incredulity in the tone

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Thanks to this thread I remembered my love for space simulations so I went and reinstalled Elite Dangerous on my pc. :pgabz:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lowtax posted:

DID YOU READ THAT, MISTER AND MISSES ROBERTS? I, THE OWNER OF THE WORLD'S MOST TOXIC INTERNET COMMUNITY, HAVE SPENT $45 TO PURCHASE ONE OF YOUR SPACESHIPS FOR SPACE IN YOUR SPACE GAME

Tomorrow is going to be an excellent day.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Eonwe posted:

I realize it's impossible to get three people together in one instance on purpose, but I would love to ram autism chariots with you guys.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
What picture did Bootcha post?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tippis posted:

My favourite EVE not-really-bug-but-heavily-unintended-side-effect-of-early-code-lunacy was when it was discovered that injecting skills into your character was a process of taking the skill book object, deleting it form your inventory, and inserting the same object in your charsheet. This process did not sanity check the object to make sure it was a skill book — with a bit of prodding you could make it insert an entire space station into your character. :D

That must've been what Ben did.

My favorite random Eve jank is billboards. There are billboards around every gate. CCP wanted to get rid of them but they tried and it horribly broke the whole game. The dude who made billboards long since left and no one can decipher his spagetti code to figure out how the whole game relies on it. So billboards remain to this day.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

quote:

This isn't /r/bootcha. Removed.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

New studio?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Quit or fired

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Berious posted:

That must've been what Ben did.

My favorite random Eve jank is billboards. There are billboards around every gate. CCP wanted to get rid of them but they tried and it horribly broke the whole game. The dude who made billboards long since left and no one can decipher his spagetti code to figure out how the whole game relies on it. So billboards remain to this day.

Nonono. Not the whole game. Removing them just broke one thing: you couldn't undock from stations. :D

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tearful resignation letter/video speech incoming.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

spacetoaster posted:

Tearful resignation letter/video speech incoming.

Little did we know the tattoo was a rub on one.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i don't know what's going on, but it's all very exciting nonetheless

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
crying_after_rub_on_tattoo.wmv

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:pgabz: :pgabz:

Ash1138 posted:

i don't know what's going on, but it's all very exciting nonetheless

It certainly is.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Derek can you tweet Bootcha's picture so that we can get a conversation going on r/dereksmart

thx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
The only way it could be more perfect, if it does turn out to be her quitting or (I honestly cannot imagine CR ever allowing this) being fired, is that she makes a post about how she was just: "Harassed off the position for being a woman." or some sort. That would be the icing on the cake that makes it magnifique.

• Locked thread