Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm really depressed by all the marketing I keep seeing about how great Black Friday is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Thinking about it I don't actually think I've seen a version of A Christmas Carol where the character learns s really terrible lesson. Usually when stuff reference it they are surprisingly sincere even while being sarcastic while this was just someone being taught the true value of something with really awful values.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Man, my one regret about this show is that I didn't get to watch it when I was 12, it would have totally been my poo poo. I'm a sucker for ironic morals. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode is a two parter called Two Parter. Also according to the description they're going to have some stuff with the Justice League and Darkseid.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I just caught Let's Get Serious, and it made me miss Young Justice even more. Please give me back my awesome teen-targeted comic book animation, Cartoon Network executives!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

NowonSA posted:

I just caught Let's Get Serious, and it made me miss Young Justice even more. Please give me back my awesome teen-targeted comic book animation, Cartoon Network executives!

You should've bought the toys.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

NowonSA posted:

Did people really like the show that young justice actually was or just the show it could have been? I ended up watching every episode of it and some individual episodes were really good but at no point did that show ever feel like anything but a total absolute mess.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
It was a pretty good show that had the potential to be amazing, which is pretty much the perfect storm to get a show cancelled and get the fanbase to wig out (see also: Firefly).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now that is a novel depiction of Martian Manhunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QKsvzw2fIw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

WEIRD AL IS DARKSEID

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

WEIRD AL IS DARKSEID

Awesome

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Guess what the internet managed to scare up? I didn't realize it was a real song. :allears:

e: And it's on itunes! :swoon:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 26, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ManlyGrunting posted:

Guess what the internet managed to scare up? I didn't realize it was a real song. :allears:

e: And it's on itunes! :swoon:

It's been on iTunes since "40%, 40%, 20%" aired, I think.
They had a block of TTG episodes on this afternoon and I hadn't realized that song showed up first in the Scary Terry episode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Two Parter was pretty nice, and the ending was surprisingly sweet and kind.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Yeah, it was pretty fun. I liked the return of Cyborg's fondness for old TV shows too. I think the whole Weird Al dialogue might have been the show asserting its merits Batmite at comic-con style again, but it was a lot of fun.

"We're so bad at this!"

e: I can't believe Spider-man is too cowardly to fight Darkseid, what a jerk.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 29, 2015

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

The MSJ posted:

Now that is a novel depiction of Martian Manhunter.

I nearly died laughing at that :gay:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Golden Girls references had me rolling that whole episode. Even in death Bea Arthur can't be hosed with.

"Not even your sardonic wit can make him a pal and a confidant."

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I'm pretty sure that oven mitt in the Hall of Justice belongs to The Flaming C, which is just completely fantastic.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
They also appeared to have Immortan Joe's mask for some reason. I'm sure it's a reference to something else but it sure looked a lot like Immortan Joe's mask.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Nah, Young Justice was actually pretty awful with a handful of highlights that kinda gave hope that it could get better. So much relationship drama and nonstop angst, not just from the teenagers but the adult characters as well, it was just tiring. It took itself way too seriously and it was never good enough to warrant all the melodrama it wanted to indulge in

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

axleblaze posted:

They also appeared to have Immortan Joe's mask for some reason. I'm sure it's a reference to something else but it sure looked a lot like Immortan Joe's mask.

I don't remember it, but it may have been Dark Knight Bane's mask. They've featured him in several background things before.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Asuron posted:

Nah, Young Justice was actually pretty awful with a handful of highlights that kinda gave hope that it could get better. So much relationship drama and nonstop angst, not just from the teenagers but the adult characters as well, it was just tiring. It took itself way too seriously and it was never good enough to warrant all the melodrama it wanted to indulge in

Not to mention at least in season 1 most of the team were pretty incompetent at fighting, and it made fight scenes boring to watch(not helped by both Kid Flash and Superboy being stupidly nerfed compared to their comics versions)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't remember it, but it may have been Dark Knight Bane's mask. They've featured him in several background things before.

Nah, it was pretty clearly Immortan Joe.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Asuron posted:

Also even if you liked the stories it was telling they never ever finished anything and every plot line just aborted and started something new nonstop and every single thing that happened was a master plan by the light and characters joined and left the show at random and main characters changed sides every other episode then would disappear for weeks at a time and they would redo plot elements different ways but exactly the same and all of it was probably outside mettling or something but it made the show really bad. Like even if someone really liked the teen angst drama it did a bad job of it and even the relationships they set up would just vanish or reset or be replaced repeatedly at a drop of a hat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting bit of detail in last week's episode in how they actually did put the Anti-Life Equation onto the piece of paper Darkseid was holding.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That was the actual equation? :laffo: I thought it was a joke, how does anyone take comic books seriously?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Oh poo poo the haters are gonna sperg out on this one.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
This episode ruled and I'll hear no bad things against it. The comedic timing is spot-on. How can people hate this?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Toon Titans Starfire (or was it Raven?): This is the definitive version of the Teen Titans!

Oh yeah, Enter and his ilk are probably bursting blood vessels right about now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There was also "If we become silly cartoons, won't we lose our depth?"

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I've been catching this show here and there and it's consistently hilarious, especially the episodes ripping on the butt-hurt critics who can't handle deconstruction of the superhero genre and irony and goofy humor. Having said that, how many times have they gone to this well this season? It's starting to feel like they're pumping it dry.

Fake Edit: I went and found this Mr. Enter person and laughed my rear end off at the autistic retards criticising this show, nevermind, carry on, carry on. Seriously, what's not funny about the "Spiderman wouldn't fight Darkseid" exchange?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

My Q-Face posted:

I've been catching this show here and there and it's consistently hilarious, especially the episodes ripping on the butt-hurt critics who can't handle deconstruction of the superhero genre and irony and goofy humor. Having said that, how many times have they gone to this well this season? It's starting to feel like they're pumping it dry.

Fake Edit: I went and found this Mr. Enter person and laughed my rear end off at the autistic retards criticising this show, nevermind, carry on, carry on. Seriously, what's not funny about the "Spiderman wouldn't fight Darkseid" exchange?

I generally agree with you(show is hilarious), but I take offense at the autistic comment, as I have autism myself as do probably quite a few other people on these forums and find the use of my condition as an insult to be most rude

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I just watched Enter for the first time since I had to see if he was as bad as you guys said.

Jesus, just the sound of his voice is pissing me off.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

As Norm MacDonald said: there's nothing wrong with being gay, unless you're not gay, in which case there's everything wrong with it.

It's not about saying autism is bad, it's about calling somebody something they're not.

Shitenshi posted:

I just watched Enter for the first time since I had to see if he was as bad as you guys said.

Jesus, just the sound of his voice is pissing me off.

Careful, he's going to let out the demon because this is bullshit! He's angry! Angry about cartoons!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Was curious as well so I googled him and the first result was the wiki he wrote about himself. In the third person. It's magnificently uncomfortable.

Do they not remember that even the original show had an episode in the last season where they took direct shots at the creepy obsessive message board fans?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
He keeps going on about how satire episodes are making arguments, like literal arguments and he lists problems with said arguments by parroting logical fallacies like he's some anime superhero using special attacks against the evil of TTG, and blows everything out of proportion to the point that he misses the point of what the show is saying. He reminds me of those kooky conspiracy theorists who will nitpick on one peculiar thing and use that as an excuse to make the most batshit conclusion imaginable. I get the feeling he really thinks he's taking on some faceless conglomerate and doesn't realize he's just some rambling moron on the internet.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

yeah Mr Enter is definitely a moron, not denying that, just don't appreciate the use of Autism as a synonym for being a moron is all, but I'll leave it at that, also the next episode looks like it'll be interesting

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

My favorite thing is that they don't bother to do any research before bitching about the writers and producers. Like Michael Jelenic, who produced Batman the Brave and The Bold and wrote the Wonder Woman movie/video, episodes of The Batman, Legion of Superheroes and the Superman/Shazam movie/video. Or J.M. Dematteis, a somewhat prolific comics writer whose iconic stories were used in JLU, or Amy Wolfram, who wrote 15 episodes of the original TT series, or the host of directors/producers/writers who worked on Animaniacs, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, etc. etc., But apparently they don't know or respect the source material and don't know what comedy is.

:spergin: :spergin: :spergin: :spergin: :spergin:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

drrockso20 posted:

yeah Mr Enter is definitely a moron, not denying that, just don't appreciate the use of Autism as a synonym for being a moron is all, but I'll leave it at that, also the next episode looks like it'll be interesting
I don't think anyone here is defending the use of autism as a pejorative (moreso than any other place on this forum anyway). I'm guessing it was just an honest mistake by that poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Hazo posted:

I don't think anyone here is defending the use of autism as a pejorative (moreso than any other place on this forum anyway). I'm guessing it was just an honest mistake by that poster.

Yeah it's just a bit of a sore point for me is all

• Locked thread