Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Urff fine I'll reread.

Jake why are you the voteleader?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
This game is pretty fuckin' wild, originally I didn't believe Exakt but now I kind of do and, just, bluh

fuckin great effortpost from bigup dj though, sorry about your dinner - what were you making

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

Urff fine I'll reread.

lol your guess is as good as mine

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i think imgay is scum. A lot of the reasoning he tries to use to discredit my posts is just false, like he decided to vote me before finding a reason to, probably because I was vote leader

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Between Kash Asiina and Exact there is at least 1 scum

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing video games today, stop trying to make up narratives about my posting that don't exist, Jake.

I could buy Kash being the killer or the target, but both seem possible, so I wouldn't vote for him just because he admitted to being jailed (and therefore had some action roleblocked).

That said, two protection roles with no scum roleblocker (who obviously would have blocked EXAKT, so I think Tomm is town) is fishy. That seems very strong town with little scum could do to stop it. It's possible scum roleblocker Kash was jailed and the kill really was on me, but that is some seriously unlucky scum team, so I don't want to lean to heavily on that. Exakt and Tomm's behaviour doesn't make sense as scum though, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't want to get too heavy into setup spec though. For now I'm not really seeing a compelling reason to vote Kash because of night action shenanigans.

Meanwhile I'm still happy with my vote on Jake who is trying to push nonsense cases with a bunch of rapidfire posts that don't make sense.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

No, dj is for sure scum. Asiina I don't believe you can't see the difference between shitposting and what he's doing now.

I'm not saying he's super town hero who will single-handedly carry us to victory with his posting, but the fact that he's trying is a vast improvement, and I don't know how you can go from defending him when he was actually literally shitposting to wanting to vote him because his content isn't the best in the thread but is still reasonably good, especially for someone who only played a handful of games over a year ago?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I've been playing video games today, stop trying to make up narratives about my posting that don't exist, Jake.

It was in response to somber saying he likes your participation today

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Urff fine I'll reread.

Because Jake is using garbage reasoning that makes no sense and he's better than that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

This game is pretty fuckin' wild, originally I didn't believe Exakt but now I kind of do and, just, bluh

fuckin great effortpost from bigup dj though, sorry about your dinner - what were you making

No! That post is bad! It doesn't help find scum at all.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Meanwhile I'm still happy with my vote on Jake who is trying to push nonsense cases with a bunch of rapidfire posts that don't make sense.

Nothing I have said is nonsense, if you were town you would acknowledge that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And really I have been possibly the only person actively trying to solve this game, rather than just settling in on a vote and not giving a poo poo, how anyone could read my posts this game and think I am scum is insane to me. I am so obviously town its crazy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
basically im the best and you are all varying degrees of suck

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Because Jake is using garbage reasoning that makes no sense and he's better than that.

Man I don't know how to reconcile such a drastic shift from my own reality.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

JakeP posted:

basically im the best and you are all varying degrees of suck

now hold on there,

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
take it easy parchesi

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Man I don't know how to reconcile such a drastic shift from my own reality.

Jake is actually good at mafia, he just hides it by pretending to not care hth

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

JakeP posted:

Between Kash Asiina and Exact there is at least 1 scum

vote kash

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Jake is actually good at mafia, he just hides it by pretending to not care hth

i think he was talking more about the first part or your post everyone knows im rank1

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
imo one of kashuno and EXAKT are scum and i'm p happy to vote for kashuno until he comes back and makes a case

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I i dont know how you get "don't care" from my play

im playing hard as gently caress

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Jake also doesn't give up when he's scum and his back is against the wall, which is very nice and I appreciate and I think more people should be like him, myself included.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Well i appreciate that but im not scum in this game im a gnome pilot and a fighter for the gnome rebellion.

Gnome pwoer

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i kill womprats in my T-16

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I i dont know how you get "don't care" from my play

im playing hard as gently caress

I know, I should have said casual, I guess?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
well its not a ranked match...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
filthy casual go back to hots

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
MMT and Punt have been suspiciously quiet, is MMT still on concert tour? what was the timeline on that?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Does hots even have ranked or would seeing a number hurt the feelings of the little kids who play it because it's a game for babies?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

i am inclined to agree with this and epsilon has been buddying up to me all game and can I trust him? i don't know, i just.. don't know

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

Well, it's gotten me thinking about stuff. Maybe I'm just a lovely player!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Does hots even have ranked or would seeing a number hurt the feelings of the little kids who play it because it's a game for babies?

Hots modes is one of its weakest thing. There is unranked mode "Quick Match" where you pick a hero and get matched up with 4 other dudes who already picked heroes so you cannot do anything to ensure your comp is good. Its fun but sometimes matches aren't very even.

The ranked mode, Hero League is kind of a mess. Its a draft, but for some reason the actual rank you have and your MMR are completely different, so a dude could be rank 1 with a 2300 MMR, while a guy with 2800 MMR is stuck around rank 10. Your MMR is what affects how much points you gain and lose from a match not your rank, so its almost easier for a bad player to get rank 1 than an experienced one. People have demonstrated this by making a smurf account, and getting to rank 1 in like 25 games, while their main account can't climb ranks. They are working on it apparently.

The game itself is very fun, and I prefer its pace and action to Dota 2, but the fact that there isn't an unranked draft mode, or a ranked mode that makes sense definitely take away from what the game could be. Also their price model is pretty high for a lot of people.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
i will tell you what i had for dinner if you flip town - this im a fraid is the best i can offer

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well, it's gotten me thinking about stuff. Maybe I'm just a lovely player!

i thought he meant your post but he might mean both our posts??

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
"homosexuality is the best all-round cover an agent ever had."

- j edgar hoover

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Hots modes is one of its weakest thing. There is unranked mode "Quick Match" where you pick a hero and get matched up with 4 other dudes who already picked heroes so you cannot do anything to ensure your comp is good. Its fun but sometimes matches aren't very even.

The ranked mode, Hero League is kind of a mess. Its a draft, but for some reason the actual rank you have and your MMR are completely different, so a dude could be rank 1 with a 2300 MMR, while a guy with 2800 MMR is stuck around rank 10. Your MMR is what affects how much points you gain and lose from a match not your rank, so its almost easier for a bad player to get rank 1 than an experienced one. People have demonstrated this by making a smurf account, and getting to rank 1 in like 25 games, while their main account can't climb ranks. They are working on it apparently.

The game itself is very fun, and I prefer its pace and action to Dota 2, but the fact that there isn't an unranked draft mode, or a ranked mode that makes sense definitely take away from what the game could be. Also their price model is pretty high for a lot of people.

I kinda hate this about CS:GO. There's needs to be a mode that is exactly the same as competitive but it's unranked so people who are vastly different ranks can play together even if they're not a full party or someone is new. It's the only mode of the game I like, but I can't play with friends now because they are either too far above or too far below me. All the other modes are fun for like 10-20 minutes at most, but if I'm gonna sit down for an hour or two of a game, I'm not wasting my time playing deathmatch.

Why can't you have your competitive mode available in non-competitive queues. Dota sorta kinda does this in that ranked all pick and unranked all pick are different, but they're still reasonably similar that it's fine. Just in ranked the teams alternate picks and in unranked anyone can pick at any time.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Asiina posted:

I kinda hate this about CS:GO. There's needs to be a mode that is exactly the same as competitive but it's unranked so people who are vastly different ranks can play together even if they're not a full party or someone is new. It's the only mode of the game I like, but I can't play with friends now because they are either too far above or too far below me. All the other modes are fun for like 10-20 minutes at most, but if I'm gonna sit down for an hour or two of a game, I'm not wasting my time playing deathmatch.

Why can't you have your competitive mode available in non-competitive queues. Dota sorta kinda does this in that ranked all pick and unranked all pick are different, but they're still reasonably similar that it's fine. Just in ranked the teams alternate picks and in unranked anyone can pick at any time.

mm, yes... a good point, and well made

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Asiina posted:

i mean its not built into the game per say but this exists

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

and as much as this is an interesting convo i don't think this is the right thread for it hahhaha

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This conversation is stupid go have it in the disc thread.

I'm a watcher who watched exakt n1 and tried to watch jake n2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Why wouldn't you try to watch exakt N2?

• Locked thread