Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Real question: 100 years, would you also volunteer to be the D1 lynch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

This is a good read I would vote gamer.

I disagree. He just called D1s "pot luck" but then said someone acting "unconfident" in his D1 vote pinged him. Weird.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

VivaNova posted:

This is dumb as the two are not the same

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Kashuno posted:

This is dumb as the two are not the same

I think he should be the one to answer me......

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

VivaNova posted:

I disagree. He just called D1s "pot luck" but then said someone acting "unconfident" in his D1 vote pinged him. Weird.

primarily pot luck

he's saying "oh this is super scummy, I'm going to vote, can someone confirm this is scummy for me"

the core part of my message is own your vote and make your own arguments don't rely on others to do it for you.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

tithin posted:

In my experience hitting a scum day one is pot luck

tithin posted:

primarily pot luck
This is an after clarification, not something from your original post that I missed ~for the record~

tithin posted:

he's saying "oh this is super scummy, I'm going to vote, can someone confirm this is scummy for me"
Is he saying that?

Gamerofthegame posted:

This pings me real bad for some reason, I dunno. I need time to think on it, but Ridonkulous going full ham on Ixt and then letting go without ceremony after it's obvious no one is jumping in, yet spending so much time in the circlejerk.

And also never actually voting on him. It strikes me as Bad, but in the same breathe it seems like such a stupid play for scum to do immediately at game start that it seems unlikely to amount to anything and I DON'T LIKE IT I'M AMBIVALENT SEND HELP

##vote Ridonkulous the most scummy right now with this argument I guess but I dunno I really would like a ~~~second opinion~~~
"oh this is super scummy" is not the impression I get from that post!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Okay

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

What I mean is, he wrote

Gamerofthegame posted:

I DON'T LIKE IT I'M AMBIVALENT SEND HELP
in all caps.

Which seems like the exact opposite of calling someone is "super scummy", which was your read. So either you are faking an opinion or you need to explain better to me what you saw here that I didn't!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VivaNova posted:

What's the point of this question?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

VivaNova posted:

Which seems like the exact opposite of calling someone is "super scummy", which was your read. So either you are faking an opinion or you need to explain better to me what you saw here that I didn't!

Then we have conflicting reads, because I don't read ambivalence there, I'm looking at someone whos trying to have someone else justify his vote.

As for your continued usage of "super scummy" as a method of diminishing my read, I'll remind you that he has specifically said

quote:

##vote Ridonkulous the most scummy right now with this argument I guess but I dunno I really would like a ~~~second opinion~~~

Maybe "super" was a bit of an overexageration, but it's how I type, and it's what I took from his post.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Podima posted:

What's the point of this question?
To determine 100years's alignment.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VivaNova posted:

After he answers I'm going to be curious how you're planning to parse both the one he picks and the one he didn't pick, because I don't get your train of thought

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Oh hey, my internet is back. Neat.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Viva that post was extremely hedgy and I see where tithin is coming from. Your defense doesn't read all that genuine to me

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

EXAKT Science posted:

Viva that post was extremely hedgy and I see where tithin is coming from. Your defense doesn't read all that genuine to me

Do you read "hedgy" as scummy or just unsure?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Which post exacty?

cause I wasn't defending anything, I was trying to illicit clarification to form a read on tithin.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I think that's a scummy way to ask that question.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I am good at ranged, dinky at melee, and have a decently useful home ability

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

Which post exacty?

cause I wasn't defending anything, I was trying to illicit clarification to form a read on tithin.

The post tithin was casing him for

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

I think that's a scummy way to ask that question.

This is at donk, for the record.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
nah that vote is actually me being unsure, with the subject (at the time) rubbing me the wrong way but I wasn't one hundred percent on it and was prompting a few people to weigh in or not with their opinion on it. Just letting it go felt after being so stubborn felt super weird to me and just taking the easy way out after a failed tunneling. The vote has been solidified with later posting.

you can't both give someone poo poo for hedging and then give them poo poo for putting a vote down but with a shadow of a doubt as if everyone is going to go "yeah 100% scum right here" on every encounter, lol.

That said please explain how it's a lovely reason. Person goes ham trying to stir poo poo immediately D1 and then lets it go after it's obvious no one is going to jump in it without comment or even bringing it up again, with they themselves having a flimsy and already explained away case yet still trying to noisily push it. That is not a lovely reason imo, but the dilemma was if it was just lovely towning or trying to tunnel someone hard.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VivaNova posted:

You're dumb and I can't wait to hear the dumb alignment rationale here

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

EXAKT Science posted:

This is at donk, for the record.

I was just looking for clarification, but you have a soft trigger finger.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Second rudest post of the game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ridonkulous posted:

I was just looking for clarification, but you have a soft trigger finger.

The framing of the question pinged me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This day sucked. I'll hopefully check in tonight after some relaxation, or tomorrow latest.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

This day sucked. I'll hopefully check in tonight after some relaxation, or tomorrow latest.

Feel better, KB :glomp:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Kash why you gotta be the rude cop to my awkward cop

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

you got plenty of time til deadline man :respek:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Podima posted:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave you met Kashuno?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

That's basically my point, though. I'd expect a town TMM to case/engage me, if he indeed thinks I'm using faulty logic consistent with what scum does. Concluding "I don't know if MMT is scum" with no follow-up seems scummy to me.

TMM - Who is your biggest scum read to this point?

Apologies if I missed this but can you explain why you're more suspicious of Kash than anyone else?

But again, why should I bother to engage/case you in a 25 person game when you're the only vote on me and a few people had called it out as a bad vote? You dropped a contentless vote on me and I rarely engage those unless there's already momentum on me. Just look here is your vote and immediate follow up:

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote TMM

I have a theory.

Murmur Twin posted:

It's mostly meta and not something I want to specifically say at this point. I will definitely address it later.

To me, it was plainly obvious what you were trying to do, so why should I bother to engage with it? Frankly, it's more fun to ignore it and watch you get bothered by it. You're essentially making meta argument against someone who has admitted that he likes to play with his own meta by bringing his scum tells into his town game instead of the other way around.

As for me ending with I don't know if you're scum, it's just the truth. I think you are most likely town trying to make that play, but there is still the outside chance that you're scum and trying to get me to burn the thread down on D1. If there had been some follow up votes, I almost certainly would have had a different reaction.

I'm still working on my scum reads, I tend to work a little slower in the bigger games and don't throw my vote around as much. Right now, I'm a bit suspicious of Exakt; I don't like that she is just sniping with her few posts and I especially don't like the way she has dropped shade on me. I'm a little curious about why diqnol included me in his catapult thoughts. He named me, Podima and Birdstrike as three people he is thinking about launching. Podima is who he is currently voting and Bird is one of the people who voted him last night (and he has said he thinks one of the votes on him is scum), but I'm not sure why I got included in the mix. However, I don't really know if I fully believe his claim, so I just let it go at the time. Also think it's curious that he left bowmore off his catapult list when he had earlier said that bowmore had the worst vote. While one of the votes on diqnol may be scum, I think it's more likely a scum bussing/distancing himself from diqnol.

And now it's time to go finish Life is Strange.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Doing a reread and this jumped out at me:

Tommunist posted:

Dear max, while i am not a battle beast, i can choose to join the battle even if you've picked an entire battalion, such is my need to kill the swamp shitters.

This seems like a really powerful ability and I have no idea why you would just straight up claim that, turning a fight into 7 on 6 sounds like a big deal

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote TMM

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I'm going to bed, please answer these questions for me to mull over and then give my opinion on later tomorrow:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

Doktor Per has contributed one joke vote and no actual content while trying to explicitly stay out of battle: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759143&userid=111306

At this point I agree most with 100Yrs' vote on Doktor Per. ##vote Doktor Per Would also swap back to f_v for similar no-content reasons.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I'm here to chew gum and kill scum, and I'm all out of gum

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Podima posted:

Doktor Per has contributed one joke vote and no actual content while trying to explicitly stay out of battle: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759143&userid=111306
I assumed scum would prefer to be in battle.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Podima posted:

Doing a reread and this jumped out at me:

This seems like a really powerful ability and I have no idea why you would just straight up claim that, turning a fight into 7 on 6 sounds like a big deal

i mean like it would be if i wasn't poop

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

VivaNova posted:

I assumed scum would prefer to be in battle.

yeah scum in battle is basically another kill as far as I'm aware, granted they put themselves in danger. I don't think that's a scumtell in and of itself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Game is a game. Real life takes priority, fee better dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Love this vote. It feels like a preemptive vote so you can say I'm OMGUSing you.

• Locked thread