Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
They still have to deal with Monkey Trouble. This may be another one step forward two steps back situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

They still have to deal with Monkey Trouble. This may be another one step forward two steps back situation.

Monkey Trouble approaches the city, with a gesture of his hand he converts the entire legion into titans.

Fin

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eren then has to figure out how to revert them, learns the ability to detitanize, begins his crusade to reclaim the outside world

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Beefstew posted:

Is the series nearing its conclusion? Didn't they say it was going to be around 20 volumes at some point? If so, are they planning on airing the next season of the anime straight through the final chapters, maybe even releasing them at the same time?

Last year they said the story was expanded, so it would last 3 more years. So about 2 more years to go.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Sub Harrison posted:

If he's not dead, I hope he's only alive long enough for some last words. I'd be pissed if some bullshit titan power keeps him alive

From the one spoiler panel I saw dude's jaw is the only part of him left above the neck.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hrr?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Scans are out in Korean, so they might be out on Crunchyroll?

If not, here are the Korean scans.

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/589849

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
ah, so reiner and bertolt and annie whacked marco when he walked in on them talking about how bert punched a hole in the wall at trost?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

ah, so reiner and bertolt and annie whacked marco when he walked in on them talking about how bert punched a hole in the wall at trost?

Yeah, as well as how Eren's gonna seal if it the mission succeeds.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Beefstew posted:

Is the series nearing its conclusion? Didn't they say it was going to be around 20 volumes at some point? If so, are they planning on airing the next season of the anime straight through the final chapters, maybe even releasing them at the same time?

Theres a ton of material to cover in one season. They are gonna have to split it up. I never watched the show but I know they only got like 20 chapters in.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Official release is out.

Well, I'm officially on board with train gently caress Reiner Forever. That definitely burnt up any remaining sympathy for that murderous rear end in a top hat.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I actually felt a little bad for him.

He's dissociating from reality so drat hard, he doesn't recognize a murder he just committed less than 30 seconds ago. You can tell from the anguish on Bert and Annie's face that it's loving them up too, both the situation and Reiner's inability to face it is causing them extreme pain.

Now, that doesn't make me any less angry that he is somehow still loving alive. Just die already, you piece of poo poo.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

It must suck to be pack-mule titan. All the cool titans must make fun of him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vengarr posted:

I actually felt a little bad for him.

He's dissociating from reality so drat hard, he doesn't recognize a murder he just committed less than 30 seconds ago. You can tell from the anguish on Bert and Annie's face that it's loving them up too, both the situation and Reiner's inability to face it is causing them extreme pain.

Now, that doesn't make me any less angry that he is somehow still loving alive. Just die already, you piece of poo poo.

I don't think he is still alive. I think this Roar is sort of a death throes for his titan.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Jesus christ that was horrifying, poor marco :stonk:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Okay monkey trouble is obsolete all hail donkey kong.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Here's a thought - we've seen :wookie: command Titans before. Can he command Reiner's Titan if Reiner is 'alive' but not in control? I'm assuming Reiner's at least brain-dead, given that he's sans-brain. The outcome of this fight will definitely tell us just how much punishment a Titan-shifter can take.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I knew Reiner wouldn't die like that and I don't think he's brain-dead either or just in his death throes. What kills a titan shifter is consuming its spinal fluid so I'm inclined to think you need to destroy a shifter's brain stem to put them down forever. Reiner's brain stem looks intact since it's just the top half off his head that was blow off, so I think he's capable of regenerating even now. poo poo's whack, yo.

I love that Bertolt is being used like a tactical nuke. I'm ready for the Colossal Titan to finally prove why he's the iconic antagonist of the series.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

In It For The Tank posted:

I knew Reiner wouldn't die like that and I don't think he's brain-dead either or just in his death throes. What kills a titan shifter is consuming its spinal fluid so I'm inclined to think you need to destroy a shifter's brain stem to put them down forever. Reiner's brain stem looks intact since it's just the top half off his head that was blow off, so I think he's capable of regenerating even now. poo poo's whack, yo.

I love that Bertolt is being used like a tactical nuke. I'm ready for the Colossal Titan to finally prove why he's the iconic antagonist of the series.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't instantly kill someone.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
What the hell do you mean you don't know how to restrain a human who can turn into a titan? Did Eren really not tell anyone about how they cut off his arms and legs to keep him from transforming?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

What the hell do you mean you don't know how to restrain a human who can turn into a titan? Did Eren really not tell anyone about how they cut off his arms and legs to keep him from transforming?

It's more that they can't capture a fully-trained shifter who's currently trying to murder them. We've already seen that Reiner has significantly less trouble with having bits cut/blown off him than Errn.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like how Armin immediately understood what Bert's plan was. Though I guess it's pretty obvious since they've been wondering where Bert was the whole time.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

ZiegeDame posted:

When did that happen? I remember him getting tied up to like a kind of sacrifice crucifix hoop but not that.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If Eren's smart he'll Take a big bite outta the remains of the top of the armored titan. Armored Eren & friends could probably take out the Colossal Titan.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That use of Bertholdt is scary and awesome.

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

TWIST FIST posted:

Jesus christ that was horrifying, poor marco :stonk:

Agreed...jesus christ. My sympathy for Reiner is quickly waning.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't believe Marco is loving dead!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Krinkle posted:

When did that happen? I remember him getting tied up to like a kind of sacrifice crucifix hoop but not that.

It happened when Reiner and Bertold captured him

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

RatHat posted:

I like how Armin immediately understood what Bert's plan was. Though I guess it's pretty obvious since they've been wondering where Bert was the whole time.

here comes the bert splash

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

The cut from them murdering Marco to Reiners extremely grim coffee drinking really made me laugh. http://imgur.com/jcgmhUO

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 9, 2016

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I liked that this reinforced that Annie is very vulnerable to emotional blackmail from people she cares about.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

This is gonna be a lot of fun to re-read after it's concluded.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
This really makes me even more irritated with how they handled Annie in the animation, the weird loving way they did the bit when she knew her cover was blown in the anime versus the manga (not to mention they left out Eren asking her to show him that move she just did). Then the way she didn't react when she ended up crushing most of the church of those wall cultists in the anime versus the panel in the manga where she had a look of horror on her face realizing what she just did/what happened.

The latter really bugs me a lot more because this chapter here really underlines her having a conscience with how they leverage her into ripping off Marco's 3DMG. I would really like it if Annie could redeem herself but with all the soldiers she's kill there is no way she could avoid consumption by Eren or execution
or Hanji going all Mengele trying to figure poo poo out.

Otherwise this was probably my favorite chapter in recent memory.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Syrant posted:

This really makes me even more irritated with how they handled Annie in the animation, the weird loving way they did the bit when she knew her cover was blown in the anime versus the manga (not to mention they left out Eren asking her to show him that move she just did). Then the way she didn't react when she ended up crushing most of the church of those wall cultists in the anime versus the panel in the manga where she had a look of horror on her face realizing what she just did/what happened.

The latter really bugs me a lot more because this chapter here really underlines her having a conscience with how they leverage her into ripping off Marco's 3DMG. I would really like it if Annie could redeem herself but with all the soldiers she's kill there is no way she could avoid consumption by Eren or execution
or Hanji going all Mengele trying to figure poo poo out.

Otherwise this was probably my favorite chapter in recent memory.
I watched the show before reading the comic, and I totally got the impression that Annie felt guilty when that happened. There's definitely a reaction shot in there.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm really interested in the war chief Zeke. Magilla Gorilla is kinda bumbling and absentminded. Him burning himself drinking coffee made me laugh. On the inside though this is a guy who has no problem whatsoever disposing of people not useful to him.

quote:

I would really like it if Annie could redeem herself but with all the soldiers she's kill there is no way she could avoid consumption by Eren or execution or Hanji going all Mengele trying to figure poo poo out.

No she could. This chapter literally is one of the final pieces in the puzzle to their actions and motivations. Annie comes from a society that despises the walled city. In their minds the inhabitants are less than human. Through the leadership of the first king there is no real future for the humans inside the walled city- so that is another part in how they justify their deaths. They're also led by a man who will take away your life without any hesitation if you fail him. Through that lens her actions are justifiable.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Is this is the first time we've heard the titan shifters refer to themselves as another race all together?

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

ChairMaster posted:

If Eren's smart he'll Take a big bite outta the remains of the top of the armored titan. Armored Eren & friends could probably take out the Colossal Titan.

No. Levi has the other vial of titan transformation serum. Someone else besides Eren is going to get injected with it and then eat Reiner while he is unable to move. The question is, who?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

of bees posted:

No. Levi has the other vial of titan transformation serum. Someone else besides Eren is going to get injected with it and then eat Reiner while he is unable to move. The question is, who?

reiner is going to get smashed into paste by bertolt

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

TWIST FIST posted:

reiner is going to get smashed into paste by bertolt

Nope... Bert is going to eat him and turn into the ARMORED GIANT TITAN! and then he's going to get blasted by thunder spears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

flowinprose posted:

Nope... Bert is going to eat him and turn into the ARMORED GIANT TITAN! and then he's going to get blasted by thunder spears

Or just fall over due to weight *slide whistle*.