Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Is it procedural generated fish? Will they import them from spore? Will dick shaped fish be an option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chin posted:

Chris said it, it's in the game!

'The big debate' :lol:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Lowtax posted:

My decision to purchase a spaceship game often hinges on the quality of its fishing gameplay.

Fish tank full, but you have not yet reached the rank Fish Commander. Please recruit 100 players or pay us $4000 to obtain a larger fish tank.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What they should do is make the procedurally generated planets out of blocks, and you can dig for resources, and collect the various blocks and stack them however you want.

It'd be really innovative and revolutionize PC gaming if Chris Roberts did that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'd like to see them expand on the Wank Pod idea they were throwing around

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Wow. That guy is so insanely mentally unwell

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

For a limited time on voyager direct, the $1600 RapalaCitizen space lure. Guaranteed to catch a whale.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Sorry your fishing rod can only use S1 and S2 fishing lures, the RapalaCitizen is a S8, you're going to need to buy the Aegis IdrisRod to use it, available for a limited time for $3000 with lifetime insurance.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

We don't know what any of this means quite yet, but buy it anyway, it is a limited edition idea.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

Also, on the cognitive dissonance front. A post by Macharial420, who at Space Marshal tier has spent $5000+ on space pixels...
Cognition isn't their strong suit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ysstd/why_does_nobody_here_think_that_the_fact_cig/cygbykd

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Found Sandi and all of her superfans.
http://img.memecdn.com/marry-me-so-my-dragon-may-enter-your-cave-full-of-wonders_webm_5912599.gif

ed- apparently this doesn't work.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Omi-Polari posted:

What they should do is make the procedurally generated planets out of blocks, and you can dig for resources, and collect the various blocks and stack them however you want.

It'd be really innovative and revolutionize PC gaming if Chris Roberts did that.
they could call it star....craft

damnit

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
This thread loving bonkers. I'm convinced it's self-aware.

Hey Bootcha, what's the big news? Is Ben leaving?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lowtax posted:

Okay I just started writing this two hours ago, so it's not near finished or edited, but feel free to have a preview of my Star Citizen article so far:

http://www.somethingawful.com/cms-preview/3.eb1fea423589/

Please do not share it since I'd rather have the finished one shared instead of this incomplete one. Any feedback or ideas would be great!

A Doom Ship?!?!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

redwalrus posted:

Sorry your fishing rod can only use S1 and S2 fishing lures, the RapalaCitizen is a S8, you're going to need to buy the Aegis IdrisRod to use it, available for a limited time for $3000 with lifetime insurance.

"That's odd..." the Star Citizen fisherman muttered as he looked at the display on his fishing rod that obscured most of his ability to see in front of him, "Why would I need lifetime insur-"

The question was cut short as another fishing boat plowed into his, sending both craft and occupants hurtling into orbit.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Toops posted:

This thread loving bonkers. I'm convinced it's self-aware.

Hey Bootcha, what's the big news? Is Ben leaving?

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Gosh, what will they do now TURNIP has left?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Wulf Knight by the way gently caress you, sue me! Oh Derek... :swoon:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Ahagaha. Please keep it coming

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EminusSleepus posted:

the eventual WAR OF THE SPERGS

You get a dedicated support staff to cater to your every autistic need you stupid self-entitled gently caress. Do you realize what all that money you spent will get you? Nothing. There is no advantage, there is no prestige, there is no recognition. Your life will be no better. Whatever you spent is gone and there is no guarantee even a minute portion will ever return.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A SC fanboy espousing their 9/11 conspiracies on Reddit.

This thread delivers :five:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
loving hell.

I was trying to make a new AdVenture Captialist avatar gif, with rotating pictures in the magic ball. Then I saw Sandi in the ball and thought about it. I thought about how much Sandi has done to herself, and that it'd be better if she left gracefully. And then I remembered that movie title "Gone Baby Gone". And I thought "Oh, she's gone, baby".

No, I have no information nor premonition that Sandi is leaving. Gawd.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I was jelly of pgabz.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Bootcha posted:

loving hell.

I was trying to make a new AdVenture Captialist avatar gif, with rotating pictures in the magic ball. Then I saw Sandi in the ball and thought about it. I thought about how much Sandi has done to herself, and that it'd be better if she left gracefully. And then I remembered that movie title "Gone Baby Gone". And I thought "Oh, she's gone, baby".

You definitely picked the right colour for the balls then, you tease.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Moogle posted:

Gosh, what will they do now TURNIP has left?

Someone will say "Hey guys, Ben left his lunch for next week in the fridge. Someone should take these 7 serving pans of potatoes au-gratin to a homeless shelter or something."

Everyone will nod despondently and shuffle back to their desks to work on birds.

When the weeks that follow are described in a tell-all SC documentary, several blurred-out ex-CIG employees will describe the uncanny likeness of the slow-rotting funk that followed to Ben's natural musk. A poor substitute perhaps, but it still kept spirits high. At least until the money ran out, and the "Austin Hammer" fell on CIG at large.

Sad days ahead guys.

Sad days ahead.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

loving hell.

I tried to buy him a new av as he was posting this, but he wouldn't let me. PLEASE, somebody, do this for me. And make a smilie as well. I was thinking earlier he really ought to have one, but I don't have the cash.

edit: :pgabz: , because I CAN. Why is there not an :eonwe: ? Or, goddammit, a :bootcha: ? GET TO IT, PEOPLE!

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 9, 2016

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I have to say this week's AtV is incredible. Watch from 2:57 until about 14 mins if you can make it that far (updates from the various studios). Except for the rambling snow-blowers from the L.A. office (like seriously, how could you be that yakked), it's very obvious that these people are crazy bummed to be back in the office, and the weight in their voices belies their Sisyphean prison-life inside the unbridled mind of a man-child.

And you have to appreciate how every update was either "we are having meetings to kind of go through the list and plan what we're going to do in 2016" or "we are re-working and/or polishing something trivial."

The darkness and despondency is palpable. It feeds me, my friends, for it is delicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnQtZ_D1D7Q

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bootcha posted:

loving hell.

Someone should offer to make a :bootcha: and then never deliver.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

fuzzknot posted:

I tried to buy him a new av as he was posting this, but he wouldn't let me. PLEASE, somebody, do this for me. And make a smilie as well. I was thinking earlier he really ought to have one, but I don't have the cash.

edit: :pgabz: , because I CAN. Why is there not an :eonwe: ? Or, goddammit, a :bootcha: ? GET TO IT, PEOPLE!

If we do this, then we become the SA whales... We cant argue against the SC whales if we have our own whales that they can poo poo on. ... i tried..

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Bootcha posted:

loving hell.

Haha, the best part is its the logical assumption for most people that after all of this she should resign if it was any proper company. Like I doubt that comcast guy that made the news is still trying to sell cable packages, and this is the email equivalent of that poo poo.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

grimcreaper posted:

If we do this, then we become the SA whales... We cant argue against the SC whales if we have our own whales that they can poo poo on. ... i tried..

Ooo. Whale vs. whale. I like it. I shouldn't, because it's the most horrible thing I've ever heard of, but I still want to see it happen for the :munch:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Unfunny Poster posted:

Someone should offer to make a :bootcha: and then never deliver.

Yes. This. I'll do it. Actually, I already did. I STILL have a better turnaround time than CIG.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You get a dedicated support staff to cater to your every autistic need you stupid self-entitled gently caress. Do you realize what all that money you spent will get you? Nothing. There is no advantage, there is no prestige, there is no recognition. Your life will be no better. Whatever you spent is gone and there is no guarantee even a minute portion will ever return.

This is the funniest part to me, they're all adamant that it's not pay to win, but at the same time they think that them flying around in their thousand dollar spaceships on day one will cause the plebs to stop and stare, admiring them as they majestically sail past.

So either all the ships available for real money are dogshit and equal to the basic starting ship, or the basic starting ship is powerful enough to take down their special $1000 jpeg.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Good loving god, that's in star citizen?

STAR CITIZEN
- Hail Croberts
- gently caress Derek
-Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

RuckusRouser posted:

Does Mirificus or one of the other archivists (AP, GORF, etc) have any info on how "the faithful" generally react when they get a long term ban on the forums? Do they go to reddit and start bashing the mods/CIG or do they say poo poo like "well I guess I deserved it, I was misbehaving"?
While I can't generalize, here's an example.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Dr_Satan

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

fuzzknot posted:

Ooo. Whale vs. whale. I like it. I shouldn't, because it's the most horrible thing I've ever heard of, but I still want to see it happen for the :munch:

Sadly i cant be a part of that. Im too SA poor to make it happen. Lowtax, by not playing Star Citizen, has rendered my wallet inoperable. Which kind of sucks becuase i *think* i had said i was going pay for something on SA when i was drinking a few days ago. But i cant remember what. ...

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Jimb posted:

Good loving god, that's in star citizen?

STAR CITIZEN
- Hail Croberts
- gently caress Derek
-Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

I cant wait until my new ship, the Jet Steel, totally decimates Fuel Beams with ease.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

We are nearing the peak

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Toops posted:

I have to say this week's AtV is incredible. Watch from 2:57 until about 14 mins if you can make it that far (updates from the various studios). Except for the rambling snow-blowers from the L.A. office (like seriously, how could you be that yakked), it's very obvious that these people are crazy bummed to be back in the office, and the weight in their voices belies their Sisyphean prison-life inside the unbridled mind of a man-child.

And you have to appreciate how every update was either "we are having meetings to kind of go through the list and plan what we're going to do in 2016" or "we are re-working and/or polishing something trivial."

The darkness and despondency is palpable. It feeds me, my friends, for it is delicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnQtZ_D1D7Q

yea it's pretty amazing. If you haven't already watched the RtV for this week, check out 46:30 to 51:00. They are completely crushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
«Sandi you are an untalented no degree having hack.»

• Locked thread