Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Gawain The Blind posted:

I dunno about you guys but i'm starting to wonder if the $30.00 I spent on kickstarter for a fake SC spaceship in 2012 was a good idea.

You probably got at least $40 worth of entertainment by now, so it's not all bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Gryphon0468 has a meltdown when he is called out for being a goon.

:allears:

Come back Gryphon0468, I miss you!

Gryphon should have know that you're a Goon when you pay :10bux: to post on these forums.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

all aboard the SS. Trollingship

edit: it's multi crew

Dogstoyevsky fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 9, 2016

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

This thread has made work so much better tonight. I often contemplate what it means to be truly goon. When does one achieve inner-goon?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Gawain The Blind posted:

This thread has made work so much better tonight. I often contemplate what it means to be truly goon. When does one achieve inner-goon?

When one stops wrestling with him/herself about this and :justpost:'s?

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

How doth one pierce the ephemeral veil of trollingship? Verily, it is a fine mesh which lies betwixt goons and citizens . I myself have gazed into this chasm, and so wonder now on which side I rest. It is a perverse camaraderie that binds us all, regardless of our affiliation. Diogenes carried a lamp in the daytime, asking whether there be an honest man. Similarly, I walk with my rear end backwards and say PAAAAAARP.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

KiddieGrinder posted:

:lol: Kudos for whoever pointed that out, and I hope it keeps happening.

I may have been pointing out how much of a goon he is.

Personally, I love it when he claims he isn't a giant loving troll himself when he does poo poo like His Zoom Zoom attempts at shitposting

Fun Fact: You can send someone a message/notice whenever you mention them.

This leads to fun things like talking to someone like Matilda2013 and including /u/Gryphon0468.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Gawain The Blind posted:

All it takes is one act of good will. A simple :tenbux: is all it takes to achieve your inner goon. But to become the best goon, you must study Lowtax's posting habits for years. If you are so lucky to not get doxxed, banned, or suffer from the serious illness known as death IRL, you may be able to accrue enough experience to reach that higher level of goon'ness. Gooninity?

I cannot become Goonking, but I will serve him eternally.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Fun Fact: You can send someone a message/notice whenever you mention them.

This leads to fun things like talking to someone like Matilda2013 and including /u/Gryphon0468.

Shoutout to @Silentruin, whatever that brave soul is doing when not showing goons in their thread in the CIG forums how he's not afraid of them whenever summoned.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
He shitposts for attention, tried to get Lowtax to ban him for fleeting internet e-cred, uses hyperbole to justify creepy-stalking someone on the internet... Gryphon's pretty much a Goon by any metric you can place on the term. He might as well just butter up his pucker for when the CIG community bans him for keeping toxic company and gives him the ol' pointy probation for 10 years.

I'm looking forwards to the Reddit discussion about how he used to be a pretty cool guy till he started posting on SA and became a Goon.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

He shitposts for attention, tried to get Lowtax to ban him for fleeting internet e-cred, uses hyperbole to justify creepy-stalking someone on the internet... Gryphon's pretty much a Goon by any metric you can place on the term. He might as well just butter up his pucker for when the CIG community bans him for keeping toxic company and gives him the ol' pointy probation for 10 years.

I'm looking forwards to the Reddit discussion about how he used to be a pretty cool guy till he started posting on SA and became a Goon.

I self-identify as Goon, but I sure as poo poo haven't ever decided to try and get probated/banned (even though I have :sigh:)...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Gawain The Blind posted:

Sorry gryphon but paying :10bux: to this dying pyramid scheme scam forum marks you for life. Like Immortan Joe's skull brand. You goonie now

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Berious posted:

Sorry gryphon but paying :10bux: to this dying pyramid scheme scam forum marks you for life. Like Immortan Joe's skull brand. You goonie now

I subscribe

I'm banned

I subscribe again!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

This is old but, is this....real? I mean is this what CIG has produced for their scary alien race of bad guys?

I don't want to poo poo on the artist(s) responsible, because I'm sure they were getting most of their designs from Chris, Sandi, and Ben, but drat that looks terrible.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I just remembered that Elite Dangerous called their expansion/new season v2.0, so that's probably why space citizen called their griefing module thing 2.0.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Young Freud posted:

Gryphon should have know that you're a Goon when you pay :10bux: to post on these forums.

He didn't even buy it to join some dumb MMO guild, he legit payed it to :justpost:

Tell us Gryphon, if you're not a goon, then who is? You're everything a goon should be besides being a raging rear end in a top hat and spending mad :10bux: on imaginery spaceships

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

I subscribe

I'm banned

I subscribe again!

This hits too close to home. Ralph :argh:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Im thinking member of GWAR or maybe Rita Repulsa's group.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gawain The Blind posted:

I dunno about you guys but i'm starting to wonder if the $30.00 I spent on kickstarter for a fake SC spaceship in 2012 was a good idea.

edit: :pgabz:

Friend, that was an investment. Do you need to be sent for re-education?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

KiddieGrinder posted:

This is old but, is this....real? I mean is this what CIG has produced for their scary alien race of bad guys?

I don't want to poo poo on the artist(s) responsible, because I'm sure they were getting most of their designs from Chris, Sandi, and Ben, but drat that looks terrible.

I think it's a fan pic of an in-game model I dunno

ether
May 20, 2001

BigglesSWE posted:

I subscribe

I'm banned

I subscribe again!

:captainpop:

I fall through the floor
I crash
I fall again

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

ether posted:

:captainpop:

I fall through the floor
I crash
I fall again

Oh what a game! WHAT A LOVELY GAME!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

THOSE WHALES ARE MY PROPERTY

DO NOT MY FRIENDS BECOME ADDICTED TO UPTIME. IT WILL TAKE HOLD OF YOU, AND YOU WILL REGRET ITS ABSENCE.

I AM YOUR REDEEMER. IT IS BY MY HAND THAT YOU WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES OF PC GAMING.

Loel fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 9, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Goddamn I love that movie.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Star Citizen: There's always more and it's always 'Verse

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Goddamn I love that movie.

That would be the correct response to it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

KiddieGrinder posted:

Nope, that's what they look like.

They're all tusks and horns and bony spines.

Fake edit: I just saw an old RSI forum post where someone referred to them as the Wing Commander movie version of the Kilrathi, because they have cat skulls as well, but have lizard hides...

ether
May 20, 2001

I am the goon... who ruins the fun... RIDING TO THE VERSE!
WITNESS ME, CITIZENS!
WITNESS!

That movie is all kinds of awesome, watched it again yesterday :)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ether posted:

I am the goon... who ruins the fun... RIDING TO THE VERSE!
WITNESS ME, CITIZENS!
WITNESS!

That movie is all kinds of awesome, watched it again yesterday :)

please explain to my friend, who knows not movies

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Gryphon0468 has a meltdown when he is called out for being a goon.

:allears:

Come back Gryphon0468, I miss you!

Gryphon you truly are the gooniest goon. :911:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Young Freud posted:

Nope, that's what they look like.

They're all tusks and horns and bony spines.

Fake edit: I just saw an old RSI forum post where someone referred to them as the Wing Commander movie version of the Kilrathi, because they have cat skulls as well, but have lizard hides...

They're a race of alien barbarians, with tusks and horns and bony spines, who fly ships covered in blades and spines, because when making starships the primary design consideration is how to make the ships look like their creators.

Which is why all the human ships are vaguely defined blobs with tons of hair-like tubes on one side. Although come to think of it hair-sized radiators would provide a ton of surface area for cooling. And when you have to dump a ton of heat and your radiators starts to glow you could call it "going ginger" and it would make no sense but sound awesome to people who are in on the joke.

"Stop firing Pusher! I can tell your ginger from here!"

"Shut up Maverick, don't tell me how to fly my ship! You know drat well I fly shorn! I can take it!"

*Ship melts. Fin.*

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
I thought the only way to become a goon was to be called a goon by someone else.

A goon christening if you will.

Self-declaration as a goon was analagous to claiming you actually graduated with a degree; I.E. Sandi/Matlida.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Mother of god this is scary :ohdear:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's like the laziest character design ever.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They're a race of alien barbarians, with tusks and horns and bony spines, who fly ships covered in blades and spines, because when making starships the primary design consideration is how to make the ships look like their creators.

They're space Germans and I hate Chris Roberts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandals

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I know what's wrong with me,
Its feature creep you see.
I was the target of a notion of some larceny.
Oh yeah they needed me, I was the project see.
They tried to stick a developer inside of me.

I Need no, Need no alibi.
Honestly I tell no lies,
They try to stick a programmer inside of me.
But I kept breaking free, they could no censor me.
I wrote long letters that were closer to savage see,

Bad, bad!
They tried to pick at my work history,

Bad bad!
Come again I tell no lies,

So now you understand I was a wonder man
The opposition and the bugging of a Florida man,
But ah no this I see, there's nothing wrong with me.
There's no million-dollar scammer inside of me

I Need no, Need no alibi.
Honestly, I tell no lies.
Tried to stick a programmer inside of me.
I Need no, need no alibi.
Honestly, I tell no lies.
Watching more features creep in

Bad bad, They tried to stick a developer inside of me.

Bad bad, wanted nothing but money.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 9, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Japanese kill wrath cat people and german spiny lizard people. Chris you are a genius!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which is why all the human ships are vaguely defined blobs with tons of hair-like tubes on one side. Although come to think of it hair-sized radiators would provide a ton of surface area for cooling. And when you have to dump a ton of heat and your radiators starts to glow you could call it "going ginger" and it would make no sense but sound awesome to people who are in on the joke.

"Shut up Maverick, don't tell me how to fly my ship! You know drat well I fly shorn! I can take it!"

*Ship melts. Fin.*

Best game story ever. :golfclap:

But really, they look like some rejected Uruk-hai concept art, but with less desire to play up the alien/monster factor.

ether
May 20, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

please explain to my friend, who knows not movies

Mad Max: Fury Road, watching it is so worth it. That scene is how goons play games in general I think ;-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

*Ship melts. Fin.*
I just noticed in her resume that she's credited as "military pilot" in SQ42. Did we have this confirmed from somewhere else?

So, will she be our fellow student from the academy that we had some awkward crush on? Or is she the experienced pilot teaching us the ropes, through which our relationship develops into an awkward crush? Or is she our co-pilot, handling the ship while the plots forces us to the turrets or out in a hornet or whatever, slowly realizing our mutual awkward crush on each other?

So many possibilities my head is spinning

• Locked thread