Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Matt, head's up again. You don't have to dodge lightning bolts to get Anima. Dodging lightning bolts helps you get one of the ultimate weapons in the game. I think Lulu's?

To get Anima you have to find the secret treasures in every single Cloister of Trials, which shouldn't be hard since you have the guide with you.

Dark Valefor is a super hard optional boss, not an Aeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dexie posted:

To get Anima you have to find the secret treasures in every single Cloister of Trials, which shouldn't be hard since you have the guide with you.

Matt will never willingly spend extra time in a Cloister

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Matt will never willingly spend extra time in a Cloister

I don't think he could do it anyway, now that I think about it. I don't think he got the secret treasure in Besaid, and unless he turns back NOW to go get it (I think he can go back now, anyway), Dark Valefor is going to end up blocking the way.

Dark Valefor is also going to be cutting him off from one of the items needed to get Auron's Overdrives, too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dexie posted:

Matt, head's up again. You don't have to dodge lightning bolts to get Anima. Dodging lightning bolts helps you get one of the ultimate weapons in the game. I think Lulu's?

Kimahri's, which is a pretty rad looking spear also named LONGINUS but yeah lightning dodging is terrible so screw it.

You do however get Lulu's celestial weapon, the Onion Knight, from the same place as Anima though! You gotta have a Round 2 with that tentacle-y ribcage-bird bastard from the start of the game, at the Baaj Temple. :eng101:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 9, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dexie posted:

I don't think he could do it anyway, now that I think about it. I don't think he got the secret treasure in Besaid, and unless he turns back NOW to go get it (I think he can go back now, anyway), Dark Valefor is going to end up blocking the way.

Dark Valefor is also going to be cutting him off from one of the items needed to get Auron's Overdrives, too.

they're not going to be doing a 100% run anyways so who cares

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i'm in favor of matt feeling the storm tho

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

pandaK posted:

they're not going to be doing a 100% run anyways so who cares

Yeah I know. I'm just saying.

Auron's final Overdrive is rad as poo poo though and I'd love to see Woolie's reaction to it. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zSv7vBjX8w

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Just when you think we scrape the bottom of the barrel woolie goes out and gets another barrel."

I love scrublords. FNF and Scrublords have easily been your best ideas to do, either we get fighting game nerds nerding out over fighting games that are good, or we get some dirt rear end dirt like this, either way we win.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

Border art, or no border art?

Uh, asking for a friend.

:getin:

Borders borders borders

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
The main goal for the FFX LP is twofold.

1) Beat the game
2) Beat the game

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

when's ffix

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

1) Beat the game
2) Beat the game

beat the game and then beat the game 2 okay looking forward to your dressup adventures

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

pandaK posted:

when's ffix

They put up a new video tonight

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Brazilian Mugen is the absolute pinnacle of Scrublords. Everyone was super hype for the dumb poo poo and it was just a fun video to watch all around.

I lost my poo poo when Woolie was like "THE PORTUGUESE README WARNED ME ABOUT CRASHES"

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
i'm actually anti-border art

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

1) Beat the game
2) Beat the game

x-2 LP confirmed

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Have you guys suffered through FFXIII yet?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Uh, asking for a friend.

Is your friend Michael Wilson, better known as the President of this Great United States of America?!

If yes, then go with borders

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did you use the translation patch?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"[Dark Souls Basilisks] look like insects, so that's nothing special" -Woolie

???????

doos
Jan 1, 2015

The Youtube thumbnail for this week's Scrublords is broken. Everything about it is a thing of beauty, of perfection.

*kisses fingers*

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Me when someone in the comments whine about them playing this game and not their favorite anime fighter

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This Naruto LP actually looks really neat. Although I have no loving clue what anything I'm hearing means.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's ok, the writers don't either.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

This Naruto LP actually looks really neat. Although I have no loving clue what anything I'm hearing means.
Here's a little primer on ninja magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq_fmA7bCOc

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Depths posted:

Me when someone in the comments whine about them playing this game and not their favorite anime fighter

Just imagine that face sitting in a window, holding a machete, whispering "Shh! Ahm comin bak!"

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

HGH posted:

You dont need to understand, all you need to do is... BELIEVE IT

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm sad we never got Bonus Strength vs SFII Bricks. I didn't actually see a timer during the fight against Bonus Car, so I would've laughed if this just lead to an unbreakable infinite loop.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Depths posted:

You dont need to understand, all you need to do is... BELIEVE IT
Dattebayo...

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Uh, asking for a friend.

This makes me feel so god damned patriotic.

Rodyle posted:

"[Dark Souls Basilisks] look like insects, so that's nothing special" -Woolie

???????

Clearly you've never seen the insects in Grenada. They're coming back.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Borders

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Borders and god I hope you figure out how to animate it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This Naruto LP is fuckin' magical.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Episode 2 of it had me choking from laughter, Jarred the Hokage (Subkage?) is amazing. Can't wait until it devolves into Woolie and Pat have unironic debates about the manga while Matt tries and fails to handle the stupid plans that were piled on each other.

I think Pat will love to know (unless he already does) what happened with Orochimaru at the end.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Depths posted:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't wait until it devolves into Woolie and Pat have unironic debates about the manga while Matt tries and fails to handle the stupid plans that were piled on each other.

After Bloodborne's DLC, the Matt, Pat, Woolie three-way really works. Liam needs to be subcontracted to creepy anime bullshit and pulling off fantastic runs of old metroidvanias!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Episode 2 of it had me choking from laughter, Jarred the Hokage (Subkage?) is amazing. Can't wait until it devolves into Woolie and Pat have unironic debates about the manga while Matt tries and fails to handle the stupid plans that were piled on each other.

I think Pat will love to know (unless he already does) what happened with Orochimaru at the end.
I would like to hear reactions to my previously posted villain summary, verbatim.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Can the Matt-Pat-Wool Combination possibly be defeater?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Ruggington posted:

Can the Matt-Pat-Wool Combination possibly be defeater?!

Find out in the next episode "The Matt-Pat-Woolie Combination Defeated!"