Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FirstAidKite posted:

I always took the moral from rudolph's shiny new year to be "hey they're not making fun of you, they just can't help chuckling because they feel happy when they see your weird, hosed up ears, nobody actually dislikes you or anything"

so happy becomes the class clown and buries his self-hatred and depression, eventualy he overdoses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
So there's like, no possibility on this Earth that movie wasn't called Russell Mania before WWE put the kibosh on that, right?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Man Dancer posted:

So there's like, no possibility on this Earth that movie wasn't called Russell Mania before WWE put the kibosh on that, right?

:aaa:

They said we should watch this movie before we listen to the episode, so, uh, good luck, me, I guess.

edit: I've been watching this movie for exactly 80 (eighty) seconds and the dog has peed on a child, thank you We Hate Movies

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Okay I'm sixteen minutes into Russell Madness and

and I

I

I might really like this movie a whole lot :ohdear:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm sorry to triple post but, you know, I'm like you. Normally I wouldn't believe a goddamn word that comes out of that Steve Sajdak's mouth either. But I just got done having a great ninety minutes and I'm here to let you know: You should watch Russell Madness. Fill up your tallest glass of water, pop a six pack of road sodas, and set aside a little time to spend with your new friend Russell. Go ahead! You should.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Man Dancer posted:

No doubt in my mind after watching that trailer. I almost thought it was a WWE films presentation, even though it clearly is from the Air Bud production team.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

RE: Entourage ep, I agree with the guys that the "hey, they should make a movie about this!" referring to the movie you're currently watching is an awful trope, but I was surprised no one mentioned Arrested Development since the response about a TV show being better is the exact same joke they ended that show on. The original ending, that is.

Also, has The Master of Disguise ever been mentioned on the show? Andrew said "turtle" in the unmistakable turtle voice during this ep so I feel like I need an official ruling on whether or not it's a stay tuned. I can't guess because I have not yet been willing to subject myself to that movie.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I hate small dogs so I can't believe I'm gonna watch a movie about one of them fighting Johnny Mundo but here we go

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
oops wrong thread

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 7, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ror posted:

Also, has The Master of Disguise ever been mentioned on the show? Andrew said "turtle" in the unmistakable turtle voice during this ep so I feel like I need an official ruling on whether or not it's a stay tuned. I can't guess because I have not yet been willing to subject myself to that movie.

Oh sweet merciful God in heaven let it be a stay tuned. Let my suffering be for something. That movie is god damned wretched.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Ror posted:

RE: Entourage ep, I agree with the guys that the "hey, they should make a movie about this!" referring to the movie you're currently watching is an awful trope, but I was surprised no one mentioned Arrested Development since the response about a TV show being better is the exact same joke they ended that show on. The original ending, that is.

Well the joke is better when it's on a better show and delivered by better actors, but it's also elevated by having Ron Howard appear on-screen for the first time. Very nice little capper, even if you can see the joke itself coming from a mile away.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

kalensc posted:

Well the joke is better when it's on a better show and delivered by better actors, but it's also elevated by having Ron Howard appear on-screen for the first time. Very nice little capper, even if you can see the joke itself coming from a mile away.
Much like the characters within it, the movie Entourage did not earn that joke. They were just given it and we're supposed to think they deserve it because of how cool they are.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When is next Listener Request Month? Because goddamn I hate Smoking Aces and Netflix just reminded me that not only did that movie exist, but it got a lovely direct to DVD sequel.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Detective No. 27 posted:

When is next Listener Request Month? Because goddamn I hate Smoking Aces and Netflix just reminded me that not only did that movie exist, but it got a lovely direct to DVD sequel.

Please tell me it's called Smoking Deuces.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is the one time a good movie got away with a "let's make a movie out of the movie you just watched" ending.

Well, that and In the Mouth of Madness.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sleeveless posted:

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is the one time a good movie got away with a "let's make a movie out of the movie you just watched" ending.

Well, that and In the Mouth of Madness.

In The Mouth Of Madness might have been the best version of that ever.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I prefer The Flop House to WHM, but WHM is better for chilling out on commutes and helping me sleep. Listened to Entourage episode and now I'm gonna live with a guy who says 'bro' every sentence, so that's weird. Listening to Brainscan now and I kinda want to see it, it just sounds fun and weird.

I do think that sometimes they tend to overdo the 'this is how WE'D MAKE A MOVIE' bits, but they make up for it with crazy impressions. Cleeg Lars should be Star Wars canon, dammit.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 8, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't stop humming along to "oh Darth Vader, should ya be goooood?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah yeah!

e: I shamefully confused WHM with How Did This Get Made (which I don't even listen to anymore) because I thought they already did Master of Disguise, I am totally calling that in next listener request month

precision fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 8, 2016

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Count Chocula posted:

I prefer The Flop House to WHM, but WHM is better for chilling out on commutes and helping me sleep. Listened to Entourage episode and now I'm gonna live with a guy who says 'bro' every sentence, so that's weird. Listening to Brainscan now and I kinda want to see it, it just sounds fun and weird.

I do think that sometimes they tend to overdo the 'this is how WE'D MAKE A MOVIE' bits, but they make up for it with crazy impressions. Cleeg Lars should be Star Wars canon, dammit.

Brainscan is fun as heck, it's my favorite 90s horror flick.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Illinois Smith posted:

I hate small dogs so I can't believe I'm gonna watch a movie about one of them fighting Johnny Mundo but here we go

So. Many. Banana. Puns.

This is exhausting.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ravenkult posted:

Brainscan is fun as heck, it's my favorite 90s horror flick.

Jeremy is the best intern

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Kneecaps posted:

So. Many. Banana. Puns.

This is exhausting.
Russell Madness might be the first time I've ever seen an animal actor phoning it in. Even that monkey knew that movie was garbage. It's like they got a sum total of 10 minutes of monkey footage while it was on a lunch break filming a Night At The Museum film.

According to the IMDB, the monkey is uncredited for two films: this and Zookeeper. Two movies so bad a monkey got its name taken off them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

Russell Madness might be the first time I've ever seen an animal actor phoning it in. Even that monkey knew that movie was garbage. It's like they got a sum total of 10 minutes of monkey footage while it was on a lunch break filming a Night At The Museum film.

According to the IMDB, the monkey is uncredited for two films: this and Zookeeper. Two movies so bad a monkey got its name taken off them.

Monkey played by Alan Smithee

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

yeah yeah!

e: I shamefully confused WHM with How Did This Get Made (which I don't even listen to anymore) because I thought they already did Master of Disguise, I am totally calling that in next listener request month

I'm gonna call in The Love Guru, I think. I saw that poo poo in theaters and there were maybe four people there on the monday after it opened and i'd love to hear them complain about it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Did WHM ever shill for Squarespace? If so, does anyone remember their referral code? I'm making a one-off website and I'd like them to get a buck or two over it.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Anyone watch the movie they were in?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Subterfrugal posted:

Did WHM ever shill for Squarespace? If so, does anyone remember their referral code? I'm making a one-off website and I'd like them to get a buck or two over it.

I think they did. It's probably HATE as the promo code. :D

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Yaws posted:

Yes. It's...a stay tuned.

Really though it's fine, but that's it. I'd actually like to see the guys do something else but it reminds me of so many other white people problems movies that I had to sit through.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Who was the actor's death they said would make the podcast go dark for a month?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yaws posted:

It's a pretty average mumblecore movie that was probably elevated slightly for me due to my enjoyment of the actors. Steve is actually quite good in it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Who was the actor's death they said would make the podcast go dark for a month?

I think it was Van Damme.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Subterfrugal posted:

I think they promoted another website similar to Squarespace but I forget what episode it was mentioned on. I believe it was back when they were plugging Audible as well.

Unless I was thinking about Harry's again.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Just two hours to go before the release of the Russell Madness episode!!!

If you haven't watched it yet, this leaves you an hour and a half to catch the movie and a half hour to spin the cylinder of a revolver with a thousand yard stare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJtzFy-JsbU

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 12, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DoombatINC posted:

Just two hours to go before the release of the Russell Madness episode!!!

If you haven't watched it yet, this leaves you an hour and a half to catch the movie and a half hour to spin the cylinder of a revolver with a thousand yard stare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJtzFy-JsbU

I'm not ready to watch this. I just can't do it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Man Dancer posted:

Most definitely.

"Russell-maniaaaaaa!"

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

precision posted:

I'm not ready to watch this. I just can't do it.

I tried watching it months ago and I only finished it by fast forwarding through most of it. I will say that the villain was amazing.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Couldn't we have just raised a few thousand dollars each for Fred Willard and John Ratzenberger? Did we really need to humiliate them for money?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Inkspot posted:

John Ratzenberger? Did we really need to humiliate them for money?

He should have ton due to Pizar and Cheers cash. Do not know what he did with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

John Ratzenberger is apparently the fifth top-grossing actor in Hollywood history, having been in 41 movies grossing a total of over US$5.1 billion.

Number two is Frank Welker.