Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

no native english speaker writes like matilda and we already know sandi can't act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

The Shortest Path posted:

How much of the stuff coming from you guys in this thread is ironic?

I don't think anyone knows

It's simply not possible to separate the made up crazy from the genuine

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Matilda is my tower 7

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

On this note I have no earthly idea what the gently caress your av is supposed to be, other than an abomination

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

As much as we'd benefit from the (incredibly unlikely, come on) reveal that Karl is Sandi we're not doing the dirty or asking anyone else to. It seems like some random internet detective has taken it upon themselves and will inform DS if they get a positive.

Is that a long enough stick to poke the poo with?

I agree. But I'm still curious nonetheless. If evidence (it won't be doxxing, but unmasking an alt - not the same thing) comes back that it's her, I'm taking the day off.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Generation Internet posted:

On this note I have no earthly idea what the gently caress your av is supposed to be, other than an abomination

An abstract representation of Star Citizen

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Wafflz posted:

no native english speaker writes like matilda and we already know sandi can't act.

Yes but then again, Sandi is Australian… :D

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Making an Alternate S01E01

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Didja Redo did a narrative LP of Gazillionaire Deluxe

It's p great

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Thursday Next posted:

loving oath.

The worst part about Seattle pizza is the people's insistence that it's both "New York style" and "good". It is neither. It's weird, puffy dough with bad sauce and sun-dried tomato basil pesto tofu on top. It is abomination.

When my friends try to take me to yet another pizza place, claiming that it's New York style, the other east coast native and I just sadly go along. It's easier than trying to explain why they're so wrong. What else are we supposed to do when a table full of people are eating sunchoke and sprout pizza with goat cheese and smoked salmon? Yes... of course it's good. Thank you for bringing us here. Yes, it's just like New York. Oh, I'm just... you know. Not that hungry.

Seattle pizza is horrible. I love New York pizza and Chicago pizza and Italian pizza and Detroit pizza. Seattle pizza is bad food.

For the record https://www.modpizza.com is Seattle pizza, not whatever your full organic hippy friend trolled you with.

I have nothing to add about star citizen itself except :gary:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
You guys are f.u.c.k.i.n.g. insane

Best thread ever TENOUTTATEN!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

You are forgetting that Sandi has spoken in German. Claims to know German etc How hard would it be for her to fake it in writing?

Seems like a procedure that's way to involved for me to believe it's Sandi. Write it all out in German and then retro-actively translate it back to English?

Ortwin is actually a much simpler explanation if we're going to don tin-foil hats. He's not a native speaker, he's German, and Matilda has offered legal services directly through Ortwin twice now.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 9, 2016

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Derek, dude, you sound utterly insane in that Youtube rant.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Did someone tell Chris that ED is working on ship-launched fighters? From their site: "Allows larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter ships for attack and defense." If not, I'm sure Chris will want the opportunity to say "yes" to this on his next 10FTC.

"Yes, we're going to have this, like this setup where you can have say a larger ship, uh, but it has smaller ships, like, in it, and they can launch around and other people can fly around in them and stuff. So we definitely want that."

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015
They have a German arm of this company that directs back to Ortwin, right? It could easily be someone in or close to someone in the company in Germany.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

She may not need to be. Her replies to Beer indicate that she's not that good with English in the first place.

Beat me to it. I was going to say the SAME thing!!!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Lowtax posted:

It owns

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Lowtax posted:

*balls up shaking hand in a fist and thumps a bit on bald head, replying in a calm voice*
"Are my methods....insane..........Lowtax?"

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Write it all out in German and then retro-actively translate it back to English?

She could be using Google translate. I think even Sandi can copy/paste. Might explain the weird phrasings that don't really sound like a native German speaker doing their best in English.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wafflz posted:

You clearly havnt played Ex Bawks games. Or PC games in the last 10 years. The literacy of most gamers, and people in general, has absolutely tanked in the last decade.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Note: Derek Smart being just a little-bit too invested in all this is also true.

There's a reason for that: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sniofq

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Scruffpuff posted:

She may not need to be. Her replies to Beer indicate that she's not that good with English in the first place.

It's not just being a poor writer--there's a sort of "know it when you see it," gestalt aspect of non-native speaking that shows up in Matilda's prose that isn't there for Sandi's. If I knew any German I could probably pick out specific things that are a result of trying to map German syntax/vocabulary onto English.

D_Smart posted:

Not, it's more than that I think

1. Offers "Ortwin" for legal representation against Dolvak (that clown who threatened to ruin my career and who quickly backed off when he heard back from me)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3q5f9p/so_i_just_got_doxed_by_derek/cwc6gm3

2. Knows about the number of refunds. A number that, according to Google, doesn't appear anywhere

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3kwnz6/more_excepts_of_crazy/cv1k4oa

Aside from all the other analysis (e.g. writing) already run. At first, I was just discounting it as Karl (who has disappeared from the face of the Earth) being Matilda2013.

But that's just stuff that crazy people could do or say. It's not solid.

D_Smart posted:

You are forgetting that Sandi has spoken in German. Claims to know German etc How hard would it be for her to fake it in writing?

Plus, how many Germans do you know, who have ever been on a hate campaign and spend so much time on this one thing (me)? Plus, have you seen this person's post history? No? Go to to http://reddit.com/u/Matilda2013 or use http://searchreddit.com and see.

I am 75% convinced it's her. And now that someone is looking into it, all it would take is one person to ...yeah right. Naturally since they are reading this forum, I'm not going to reveal how they could be unmasked

I'm not forgetting Sandi's background in German at all*, but keeping up a persona online (especially one that is not wholly fluent in her native language) is a lot of work, and I don't think Sandi has it in her. It's not her. But you do you Derek, you are the troll engine that powers this thread to ever greater heights of weirdness. I Want To Believe.

* the thread has also slighted her proficiency or qualifications in other languages and disciplines, so just pretend I quoted the Umberto Eco essay on shifting rhetorical focus or whatever

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Has cargo tetris been implemented yet?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lowtax posted:

Yes. And?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I tried to report you. But the button is missing. Blatant abuse of owner power?

Also, when do we get to see you play Star Citizen?

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Embrace eternity.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

D_Smart posted:

Yes. And?
I'm saying you may want to pursue a career in AM radio talk show politics.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

grimcreaper posted:

You clearly havnt played Ex Bawks games. Or PC games in the last 10 years. The literacy of most gamers, and people in general, has absolutely tanked in the last decade.

I think it's more that with social media and the like you get more exposed to lovely writing

People who couldn't write used to not be read

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

grimcreaper posted:

I tried to report you. But the button is missing. Blatant abuse of owner power?

Goon sir! Please, do not disparage Sandi or Ben's physical attributes or what they've said in an uncouth way! Now excuse me, while I label someone as insane.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

D_Smart posted:

Agreed. But that's not the motivation. The motivation is that all things seem to point to it being an exec at a $105M crowd-funded company. I would definitely like to know - without a doubt - if it's her or not.

Could be an exec, or just some loser German auditor fantasising that he actually is the exec.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is a good thread

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lowtax posted:

I'm saying you may want to pursue a career in AM radio talk show politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

This but with Derek Smart

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

stinch posted:

Could be an exec, or just some loser German auditor fantasising that he actually is the exec.

Well at this point he-she is as much an auditor as he is Sandi

What the gently caress is poo poo poo poo?

quote:

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 10 seconds.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

CrazyLoon posted:

Goon sir! Please, do not disparage Sandi or Ben's physical attributes or what they've said in an uncouth way! Now excuse me, while I label someone as insane.

This thread is truly the best. Its a gift, from the games, to us. We are blessed to be here, posting in effort to ruin Star Citizen. May it be the first and last of its kind.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Eonwe posted:

this is a good thread

:agreed:

The Star Citizen ARG is really good.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I could listen to derek talk about chemtrails

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Uh oh, it was us, we were the Vanduul all along. The real monster...........

is GOONS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nation posted:

I could listen to derek talk about chemtrails

same but buying gold

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dogstoyevsky posted:

:agreed:

The Star Citizen ARG is really good.

:yeah:

I think the Matilda puzzle will lead us down a path of exponentially increasing hilarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Uh oh, it was us, we were the Vanduul all along. The real monster...........

is GOONS

Quit honestly, ifthe game does get released, i expect Vanduul to be replaced by Goons or Goonduul.

• Locked thread