Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Derek get a blackboard and a pair of glasses I would listen to you all day

:beck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
With someone like Sandi, weird circumstantial evidence (like being named Matilda) can weigh more than you'd think. She's the kind of "actress" who will constantly remind you of the fact that she landed a role. "Oh yeah, in this one film I'm in, where I play Matilda, well I was just telling Gary and Gilli the other day, while we were filming, in a film, when I play Matilda, so anyway, we're all acting together because we're actors, and the director says for my character to, her name is Matilda by the way, he says...." ad infinitum.

So the name coincidence has more meaning when you take that into account.

Since she's also a trained teacher/actor/marine biologist/swordswoman/motorcyclist/scuba diver/martial artist, her grip on reality, and what her role is in it, is tenuous at best. Is it that big of a leap to think she'd add "auditor" to her list of "roles", while maintaining the childlike grasp of what that even means? "This is what I think an auditor would say" nicely covers pretty much anything we've read from that weird poster.

Not saying I think it's her. I am saying if it turns out to be true, my eyebrow-raising coefficient will be 0.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

Quit honestly, ifthe game does get released, i expect Vanduul to be replaced by Goons or Goonduul.

GUUN

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its a funny thought that matilda would be sandi but i dont think its worth encouraging someone to internet detective them

thats my two cents

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Goonduul is a much better name than Goonrathi

We can allow Kimsemus to join

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

The Saddest Robot posted:

Has cargo tetris been implemented yet?

Two weeks. At the same time than the economy, Hull A trough E and the 25 stations making trading actually feasible.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
http://www.twitch.tv/bth_radio/v/34472509 - at the 1 hour mark Branson and Vanessa from InformationRedux.com call in.
Sorry for the odd audio issues, it's been sorted out, and will be fixed for next week's show.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Eonwe posted:

its a funny thought that matilda would be sandi but i dont think its worth encouraging someone to internet detective them

thats my two cents

Yeah, it's not worth it. Most likely it's just some super-citizen with a lot of $$ invested like the wulge.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Matilda being Sandi is a dumb theory.

Sandi probably doesn't care anywhere near as much about this thread as this thread cares about her.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lol if you care about anything in this thread other than what immediately produces a laugh

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ghostlight posted:

lol if you care about anything in this thread other than what immediately produces a laugh

If you think about it, your statement is self-contradictory

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Someone with too much time should make some funny gifs.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://disqus.com/by/rajafamitswuey/

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Eonwe posted:

thats my two cents

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I care about birds and fuel types.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Eonwe posted:

thats my two cents

Same, but sadly that isn't going to stop the d.

That's her in the alternate account.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Chalks posted:

Sandi probably doesn't care anywhere near as much about this thread as this thread cares about her.

However, we know from Bluestreak that she does read it (or delegated it to someone).

If Mathilda2013 is Sandi, then who is Karl? Is Raess from the SC forums a real person?

\/\/\/ loving proof in the pudding. Why did Usher not include that screenshot?

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 9, 2016

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Orly?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That guy is awesome

We should get him to join but I don't think he has money in non-jpeg form

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Scruffpuff posted:

Did someone tell Chris that ED is working on ship-launched fighters? From their site: "Allows larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter ships for attack and defense." If not, I'm sure Chris will want the opportunity to say "yes" to this on his next 10FTC.

"Yes, we're going to have this, like this setup where you can have say a larger ship, uh, but it has smaller ships, like, in it, and they can launch around and other people can fly around in them and stuff. So we definitely want that."

Can you imagine the janky physics engine trying to cope with small ships inside big ships? Would be like beachballs in a wind tunnel. It spazzes out enough with ships on fixed surfaces.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
This, too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Young Freud posted:

However, we know from Bluestreak that she does read it (or delegated it to someone).

If Mathilda2013 is Sandi, then who is Karl? Is Raess from the SC forums a real person?

It's pretty standard for companies to have people assigned monitoring social media and I guess we qualify. I hope the person assigned to occasionally checking this thread enjoys all the cat photos.

I think it's reasonably possible that Mathilda is Karl/Raess or at least has some close connection to him, but frankly who cares. Until any of them start posting here again frankly they're all just part of the barely self aware blob of cultists that are the SC whale backer community.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sandi posted:

supposedly denying you exclusive rights

chris cuck confirmed

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/407yoc/derek_threatens_to_dox_again/

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

You clearly havnt played Ex Bawks games. Or PC games in the last 10 years. The literacy of most gamers, and people in general, has absolutely tanked in the last decade.

If she was writing like she was texting on a phone I'd buy that, matilda writes like english is a second or third language.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

D_Smart posted:

Plus, how many Germans do you know, who have ever been on a hate campaign and spend so much time on this one thing

Uh... about that....

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

It really sums up the whole thing.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Someone post a screenshot of this post on reddit so we can keep this cycle going.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wafflz posted:

If she was writing like she was texting on a phone I'd buy that, matilda writes like english is a second or third language.

I know 3 variations of english personally.

English, bad english, and X Box. I only know X Box becuase of friends.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

The lifecycle of the SA poster ITT:

1 - Star Citizen? I head of that, wow, is it out yet?
2 - What the- what is going on in here? Is this some sort of weird party? Who is Beer, Bootcha, and what is a pgabz?
3 - Whoa Derek Smart posts in here? He links a lot of articles... and loxtax?? I better start at the beginning, none of this can be real.
4 - 99 - Whoa that took a week but I am all caught up
100 - It's real, star citizen is a scam, I better post now, oh man, 20 more pages
101-105 ok NOW I am caught up
106 - First post "ANGRY RANT ON HOW MUCH A SCAM SC IS and how gross citizens are"
107- Second post "Hey lookit what reddit said"
108 - "I touched the poop"
109 - Chilling a bit, joining the train wreck in progress, possibly contributing gifs, vids, or sc encounter stories
110 - Watching CIG slowly implode and burn and trying to say anything relevant but knowing you can't contribute anything close to Beer's Sandi email meltdown, Bootcha's escape video, or Major Tom's 'verse escapades...
110 - 5'd a few posts
111 - Where most of us at at now, waiting for the next bomb to drop....

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

RuanGacho posted:

For the record https://www.modpizza.com is Seattle pizza, not whatever your full organic hippy friend trolled you with.

I have nothing to add about star citizen itself except :gary:

Mod Pizza is okay. That's the thing about Seattle food in general - with the obvious exception of seafood, sushi, Vietnamese, etc - is that it's okay even when its good. Italian, burgers, pizza, sandwiches - they are, at best, palatable.

I've had decent-to-okay luck with chains like Mod or Pagliacchi, but they are merely edible. If I compare my best experience in Seattle to my best experience with these foods almost anywhere else, the comparison is laughable.

The best burger in Seattle is probably Lil' Woody's though, in Ballard.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Mods, please change my name to Beers Autistic Argument

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

The most condensed form of missing the point. Like metallic hydrogen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Everyone saying that Matilda couldn't be Sandi because she consistently writes like English is her second language is forgetting that Sandi is Australian.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Everyone saying that Matilda couldn't be Sandi because she consistently writes like English is her second language is forgetting that Sandi is Australian.

I think someone already made that joke :(

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lowtax, did you ever dream that your little comedy forum would be bringing a 105m company to it's knees?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chalks posted:

Someone post a screenshot of this post on reddit so we can keep this cycle going.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/407yoc/derek_threatens_to_dox_again/cys7kxc

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Eonwe posted:

same but buying gold

I'm TV personality Alan thicke

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Soon we will reach the singularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Just listened to the Derek Smart live stream/rant. That was just awe inspiring.

• Locked thread