Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Also, your conclusion that his targets don't match his stated thoughts is completely wrong. I specifically said that he mentioned two targets that he was talking about and then me, so why are you trying to misrepresent what I said?

Hmmm. No. I read it the same way. You tangent off in another direction. I agree with her read. I mean, I guess it could just be a bad paragraph structure thing or you got distracted while you were writing, but it definitely feels out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
man that's a lot of read the entire game post by post runs all in a row

alright

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

KB stop stealing my gimmick

Meh. I do it less often then you since I try to keep up, but it might be your gimmick only because you've been playing longer. :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Also people posting in this thread that aren't in the game DOES affect the game negatively. The whole point of Mafia is that it's a closed system, and you analyze people's interactions based on that - that's why replacements are garbage, because you basically have to do a total reset on your read. Random other people dropping in creates a smokescreen for scum to hide behind as they draw attention to themselves. Stop encouraging them.

Agreed bye

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I like how KB is ignoring me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Ok, this is my Hot Take on Tom. Either someone in the other thread has the same role to balance it out or he's scum running an innovative gambit to get out of being picked for battle. For sure there's no way that we'd have someone who gave us a direct number advantage and if he was a town cop/doctor he wouldn't make up a gambit to avoid battle.

This seems like a stretch to me. About the only person I'd believe that would make this gambit would be you or Taste. He could still be scum, but I don't think he's lying about his ability. Probably there is an equivalent in the other thread like you mention.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Rarity posted:

Hi Birdstrike! The man in your avatar looks very suave. Are you suave? Could you beat Diqnol in a suave-off?

absoltely not, nobody coulb out-suave Diqnol

King Burgundy posted:

His read of gamer in that post is stupid lazy town or unconfident town(my interpretation). Why do you want to vote for town?

That was a bad read of tihtin on my part. Where he saw 'lazy/unhelpful tiwn' I saw potentially scummy self-comsciousness.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I got prodded sorry. It's been busy.

This is way too many posts to read and its day one someone tell me who scum is.

Also I will say this again, I am a ranged MONSTER.

If you do not put me in battle in the back line then you dumb.

Also I love how KB acts like he has me figured out in every game.
I do that night 0 cop thing in almost all games I play in and the fact the KB's vote is STILL on me is weird.

##unvote

Wasn't serious, but didn't mean to still have a vote on you. Oops.

##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Wasn't serious, but didn't mean to still have a vote on you. Oops.

##unvote

Ok I feel better about it, It felt like you were really serious about that vote! :P

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I need to come up with something better than a night 0 cop investigation no one reacts the same anymore.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

Looking back, I think my rationale for not mentioning CPig was because he HAD been posting mafia content (insofar as the n0 cop gambit is pretty obvious by now), unlike the other folks in my post. I think part of it was that I've seen CPig in enough other games I've read to know that he isn't the type to lurk through a game. Yes, meta read, I know. As far as post counts/lack of content go at this point I'm squinting at Rascyc, Dok, and Chic. I see CPig is here and posting!

And yes, I did eventually notice Dok - who I still don't feel good about. Their one content post reads as forced and awkward to me - they got called out for not producing any content, so that post is half apologetic "I have no reads so I won't vote" and half setup spec about what scum would want to do with battle. Happy with my vote.

I agree on Dok.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah that dok post is sucky and scummy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

I'm pretty sure you were just jumping on her for not posting reasoning, so for you to then say this seems weird. Can you clarify?

Voting and declaring someone scum without a reason is dumb, reaction fishing at best which imo is more annoying then helpful but whatever. I found the reason itself flawed because TMM had like three of-content posts at that point. It'd be a decent angle if it was later in D1 or D2+, but it wasn't. It was early! That's silly you should sit on that sort of angle and let it grow and fester beyond two or three whole posts.

imo

Need more evidence to use a meta claim. At the very worst it's MTT backpedaling after stirring poo poo but I really doubt that, there's no point.

Rarity posted:

Please show the content from Ridonk that has solidified your read and explain why it makes you feel more confident.

alright

So we have the whole Ixl-Rid spat that was silly and Rid didn't let go for the longest time until pressured to do so, when it was obvious no one was jumping on that wagon. That could be parsed as either scum giving up on a bombastic bandwagon attempt or a townie quietly dropping something for the benefit of the game. The fact that it has never come up once again since then is making me lean towards the former, tbh. Hasn't even said a peep about them, actually. All the while the entire slapfight is weird and wasn't even diffused after several people said "Uhhh it's a reoccuring joke it's fine lol." that was ignored, infact.

weird

Now, looking into Ridonk's posting so far, there is no actual content after that! Lots of needling others, but they're just sitting around, not making a peep. No votes. (Not even on Ixt before.) Weirdly a lot of this needling is already explained stuff, so I question if they're really reading the thread much.

Ridonkulous posted:

Can you justify why you are voting for me? Because you do not like my style or do you actually think I'm scum?

Ridonkulous posted:

it would be a lot easier to tell who you think is scum if you would vote for someone.

same. However, this is to Kashuno, who is voting for Rid! With me! And this was brought up by them in the past, which means they're not really paying attention to the thread and just coasting through. Not hunting scum, certainly.

Ridonkulous posted:

Do you read "hedgy" as scummy or just unsure?

Ridonkulous posted:

I was just looking for clarification, but you have a soft trigger finger.

Ridonkulous posted:

I get it but I still think that throwing someone over just because they have posted little is not a good idea (I mentioned replacements, hoping they would post more often). Throwing over someone for being scummy is the preferred action.

Which part? The idea that he was waiting because he wanted to see the excuse OR that the excuse was what he though it was going to be?
I do not disagree that the comment was lovely but I want to hear your justification.

All no-content needling, doesn't actually follow up on any of this.

I think Ridonkulous did a big effort thing early on, realized it went bad and then tuned out. Since then they've been trying to look like they're participating with lots of needling with no follow up. They're an active poster, but not an active participant.

Who do you think is scum, Rid? Where would you put your vote and why aren't you doing it?

As a quick aside on dok;

Dok posted:

Where's Reykjavík? GMT-ish? I'm super hosed up from painkillers so I'm not adhering to the standard human daylight cycle.

Might still be relevant. :shrug: Worth keeping in mind.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, I'm caught up.

My top candidates are Dok and Dom. I'm fine with either, but I'll lean Dom for now since I just read the post preview and saw gamer quote the painkillers thing. I'd also consider TMM and Ridonk, but in both cases I've got mixed feelings.

##vote Dominoes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I am here and available to respond for 5 minutes if anyone wants to chat. Then I'm off to get groceries.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, I'm caught up.

My top candidates are Dok and Dom. I'm fine with either, but I'll lean Dom for now since I just read the post preview and saw gamer quote the painkillers thing. I'd also consider TMM and Ridonk, but in both cases I've got mixed feelings.

##vote Dominoes

Explain to me where you got Dominoes from? You didn't mention him a single time before this point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

Explain to me where you got Dominoes from? You didn't mention him a single time before this point.

He'd twigged me, but not enough to move the needle. Rarity's post made me reread him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

He'd twigged me, but not enough to move the needle. Rarity's post made me reread him.

Can you summarize your reasons for voting Dominoes outside of Rarity's post, please?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

I'm sure you've seen this. But not at all. Pig was being pig.

Yeah, I've figured that. Your recent flurry of posts might be infringing on my "thing" but your content is very towny so I'm satisfied.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

Can you summarize your reasons for voting Dominoes outside of Rarity's post, please?

Sure thing. He seems to have picked out a patsy to needle a bit, but isn't actively scum hunting. He goes out of his way to throw massive shade at Kash without any kind of follow up, vote, etc. Hoping someone else picks up the torch for him so he can sweep in later?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Sure thing. He seems to have picked out a patsy to needle a bit, but isn't actively scum hunting. He goes out of his way to throw massive shade at Kash without any kind of follow up, vote, etc. Hoping someone else picks up the torch for him so he can sweep in later?

Thanks for this - I agree with your read and would like to see more from Dominoes. This post is especially egregious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tommunist posted:

what?

I want to go into battle??????

what the gently caress are you talking about

You're misunderstanding me cause I'm not accusing you, I'm making that point in relation to the comments people have made about your role being unbalanced. I was just pointing out the two possible scenarios that I think your claimed role indicate, not saying the "Tomm is scum" scenario is the likely one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

I feel like I missed a post or something. Can you maybe point me to what you are speaking to and add some detail here? Specifically "now that you've seen my wording of it as well?"

I was referring to this post here:

Rarity posted:

Oooh now this is real bad. Here Gamer latches onto an easy but flawed case (I've already explained how Ridonk's attitude is bad but not inherently scummy) but at the same time Gamer's back-pedalling away from the vote and looking for someone else to step in and take over the case for him so he can push away the responsibility. Really bad post, would vote Gamer based on this alone.

At its core, tithin's read was identical to my own so I was asking Viva is seeing my explanation of that read made a difference to her opinion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I was referring to this post here:

At its core, tithin's read was identical to my own so I was asking Viva is seeing my explanation of that read made a difference to her opinion.

Ahhhh, ok.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
just a fyi i went back and re-read my role PM and my join battle ability is a once per game ability, so its good, but not that good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

How is it not the answer you were expecting from MMT? What answer were you expecting from her? I only had 3 or 4 posts at the time she made her vote, so what else could it be?

3 or 4 posts means you hadn't produced enough content for any theory to be valid in itself so I had zero expectation and I don't see how anyone could expect that answer at the moment she put down that vote.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

Meh. I do it less often then you since I try to keep up, but it might be your gimmick only because you've been playing longer. :)

It's been mine since I took it from Quidnose's twitching corpse :colbert:

(I'm just joking around, I really appreciated your live reactions!)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gamerofthegame posted:

Big rear end Ridonk case

Gamer is officially off my scum list, I think that's the most effort I've ever seen him put into a post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

3 or 4 posts means you hadn't produced enough content for any theory to be valid in itself so I had zero expectation and I don't see how anyone could expect that answer at the moment she put down that vote.

Ok, let's just walk through it: I am known for attacking votes against me as town, MMT comes in and puts down a contentless vote on me with "I have a theory" attached to it after I've made only 3 or 4 posts in the thread. What else could that theory be except that she is trying to test me to see if I'll attack her vote? I'd have to be literally brain dead not to see that coming.

Why would you phrase your other post as "It's not the answer I was expecting" if you had zero expectations? Stating it that way seems to imply that you had some sort of answer in mind.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Why would you phrase your other post as "It's not the answer I was expecting" if you had zero expectations? Stating it that way seems to imply that you had some sort of answer in mind.

Because my parents have given me lots of wine today and I'm not watching every single word I type.

I still think your stated thinking only works in hindsight, not in the moment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Because my parents have given me lots of wine today and I'm not watching every single word I type.

I still think your stated thinking only works in hindsight, not in the moment.

Think of it this way: If you are the one known for attacking votes and you see a vote dropped on you with "I have a theory" after you've only made a few posts, what is your immediate thought? How does "this is a test" not jump immediately to the forefront of your mind?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Think of it this way: If you are the one known for attacking votes and you see a vote dropped on you with "I have a theory" after you've only made a few posts, what is your immediate thought? How does "this is a test" not jump immediately to the forefront of your mind?

More specifically: "This is a test to see if I'll attack that vote".

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hmm

##vote TMMadman

i have a thoery

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

hmm

##vote TMMadman

i have a thoery

Sorry, but you spelled theory wrong, therefore your vote is invalid.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

Sorry, but you spelled theory wrong, therefore your vote is invalid.

he attavked my vote

checks out ##unvote

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It turns out when someone's tells are outright stated it's very easy for that someone to adapt and post favorably with that in mind, strange to me

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

only babeliker is voting for TMM so does it matter

this is a huge distraction over stupid poo poo re:ixt-rid slapfight

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I find it ironic that you have that stance when I felt your big rear end post about that slapfight was devoid of relevant information and a distraction :P

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gamerofthegame posted:

only babeliker is voting for TMM so does it matter

this is a huge distraction over stupid poo poo re:ixt-rid slapfight

I would be very willing to vote TM and I wouldn't be surprised if my vote is on him come day's end. This isn't a distracting tangent, there is content here of value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Podima posted:

oh my god someone does not like you

I'm honestly starting to get a little creeped out

• Locked thread