Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/bth_radio/v/34472509 - at the 1 hour mark Branson and Vanessa from InformationRedux.com call in.
Sorry for the odd audio issues, it's been sorted out, and will be fixed for next week's show.

Great talk! Thanks for having us on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Bushiz posted:

Elite is both very well optimized and also has very low poly counts that should be inherent to any spacegame. Running a HD 6850 at 1920x1200 with all settings at ultra never go under 60fps. You should probably buy it the next time it goes on sale.

That and if your unsure of your love of space sim or rig strength i recommend you do like i did : Get the old, original Elite (Not Horizon) for under 20$ to see if you like it. If the base game cant hold your interest, the Horizon expansion wont help either. No need to pay 80$ to find out.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
SA posting about Reddit posting about SA posting about Reddit, we should just have hot neckbeard sex and get it over with

We are probably too old for them though

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

:pgabz:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Mendrian posted:

Mod Pizza is okay. That's the thing about Seattle food in general - with the obvious exception of seafood, sushi, Vietnamese, etc - is that it's okay even when its good. Italian, burgers, pizza, sandwiches - they are, at best, palatable.

I've had decent-to-okay luck with chains like Mod or Pagliacchi, but they are merely edible. If I compare my best experience in Seattle to my best experience with these foods almost anywhere else, the comparison is laughable.

The best burger in Seattle is probably Lil' Woody's though, in Ballard.

That's kind of my point, Mod is Seattle to a T - not spectacular, but not bad, and completely liberal commie business philosophy. Seattle will never really be a western foodie city.

If Star Citizen was a Seattle restaurant, you'd be home already with the meal completed wondering if there was some better game you could get next time.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

SA posting about Reddit posting about SA posting about Reddit, we should just have hot neckbeard sex and get it over with

We are probably too old for them though

Postception

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Apropos of nothing....

Matilda2013 posted:

I just want to quote my husband here: "See, that is the reasons they are wasting their whole time on the internet, writing dozens of posts in a forum and communicating on the level of a 6 year's old. They never experienced the wild times, missed on "Sex, drugs and Rock'n'Roll" and now they are angry, lonely misfits that try to win internet arguments, stalk people and write stupid letters to make them feel better. Tell them they should get a good bottle of whisky, a girl/boy and enough weed for weekend. They would be a lot more balanced after that."

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Hi Sandi

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:rip:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm the married German couple who discuss at length why the internet Goon community post on their little comedy forum about star citizen

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ZenMaster posted:

The lifecycle of the SA poster ITT:

1 - Star Citizen? I head of that, wow, is it out yet?
2 - What the- what is going on in here? Is this some sort of weird party? Who is Beer, Bootcha, and what is a pgabz?
3 - Whoa Derek Smart posts in here? He links a lot of articles... and loxtax?? I better start at the beginning, none of this can be real.
4 - 99 - Whoa that took a week but I am all caught up
100 - It's real, star citizen is a scam, I better post now, oh man, 20 more pages
101-105 ok NOW I am caught up
106 - First post "ANGRY RANT ON HOW MUCH A SCAM SC IS and how gross citizens are"
107- Second post "Hey lookit what reddit said"
108 - "I touched the poop"
109 - Chilling a bit, joining the train wreck in progress, possibly contributing gifs, vids, or sc encounter stories
110 - Watching CIG slowly implode and burn and trying to say anything relevant but knowing you can't contribute anything close to Beer's Sandi email meltdown, Bootcha's escape video, or Major Tom's 'verse escapades...
110 - 5'd a few posts
111 - Where most of us at at now, waiting for the next bomb to drop....

You forgot changing song lyrics into hilarious attacks against Croberts and friends. :cheeky:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

RuanGacho posted:

That's kind of my point, Mod is Seattle to a T - not spectacular, but not bad, and completely liberal commie business philosophy. Seattle will never really be a western foodie city.

If Star Citizen was a Seattle restaurant, you'd be home already with the meal completed wondering if there was some better game you could get next time.

Your flaw is that you consider pizza food. Pizza is a garbage food like substance

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

RuanGacho posted:

Yeah exactly. I mean, again, to reiterate, if you like seafood and/or authentic Asian cuisine, Seattle's got you covered. And coffee, and beer. That's it, though.

What I'll never understand is why you can't have a crazy co-op, locally sourced, ethical trade pizzeria that isn't also pretentious as all gently caress. Just put down some dough, olive oil, and locally sourced cheese. I'll never understand why those ideas are mutually exclusive. They aren't, I guess. It's just that there is a belief that Seattle doesn't support junk-food pizza or something.

Although Seattle does have Pies&Pints in Ravenna, so there is that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

serious norman posted:

I care about birds and fuel types.

You should post in the SC Bird Thread.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/311455/birds-in-the-verse/p1

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Great talk! Thanks for having us on.

We had fun. Thanks for hanging.
PAAAAARP :gary:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Daztek posted:

I think someone already made that joke :(

Welp, as long as nobody has said buttcoin yet.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Ok derek I can't do black panther so you are gonna have to be apocalypse, sorry man, I should hopefully have some work done on this by the end of the day or tomorrow.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Mendrian posted:

Mod Pizza is okay. That's the thing about Seattle food in general - with the obvious exception of seafood, sushi, Vietnamese, etc - is that it's okay even when its good. Italian, burgers, pizza, sandwiches - they are, at best, palatable.

Wrong, Paseo is still the world's best sandwich. Even after the management change. But other than that this post is 100% accurate. If you're not eating raw salmon, pho, and pad thai every day in Seattle you're doing it wrong. Also, the Seattle hot dog is garbage.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

neonbregna posted:

Your flaw is that you consider pizza food. Pizza is a garbage food like substance

I'm a goon I didn't know there was food without cheesesour cream on it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Wrong, Paseo is still the world's best sandwich.

What? Paseo is the name of the shittiest Toyota ever made. I remember when it came out I wondered if it was Spanish or Italian for rear end in a top hat or something.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Ghostlight posted:

Everyone saying that Matilda couldn't be Sandi because she consistently writes like English is her second language is forgetting that Sandi is Australian.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I had a 92 Toyota Paseo and that car was a loving monster when it came to gas mileage and it never died. I eventually abandoned it on a military base in texas I hope its doing ok

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Bootcha is DSmart's contribution really essential to your final video? I feel like at this stage it might be time to admit that he will never do it. Remember he is not just standing back and laughing like most people here, he is a crazy person and so is very invested in bringing CIG down and also being Derek Smart. Like think about that he is actually Derek Smart, all the time, in real life (I only assume he does not have multiple personalities however).
What I'm saying is please give us the joy of goon-de-yadda.

Also while catching up on the loving 150+ pages of this thread I missed (by reading only Beer, Bootcha, Sasarparilla and some of Lowtax/Eonwe/PGabz's posts. Sorry everyone else. I have it down to a fine art now) I realised that what would be amazing would be if everyone in this thread had a rotating Eonwe elephant avatar. It would make the thread such a chilled space for me when I'm reading it and might even cancel out some of the creepy goon Sandi stalking vibe. Is there a way I can modify my browser to make this happen? Pls advise. Only for this thread though.

e: seriously though that Beer-Sandi email exchange was incredible. :delusionintensifies:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

neonbregna posted:

What is it like being so wrong about something. I need to know.

If you mean in terms of nutritional content, sure, I guess. We're talking specifically about junk-food here.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

FrankieGoes posted:

What? Paseo is the name of the shittiest Toyota ever made. I remember when it came out I wondered if it was Spanish or Italian for rear end in a top hat or something.

educate yourself fool

Paseo/Sandwich Mecca

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

RuanGacho posted:

I'm a goon I didn't know there was food without cheesesour cream on it.

Cheese is a good food. The problem with pizza is the crust i.e. Filler.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

El Grillo posted:

I realised that what would be amazing would be if everyone in this thread had a rotating Eonwe elephant avatar. It would make the thread such a chilled space for me when I'm reading it and might even cancel out some of the creepy goon Sandi stalking vibe. Is there a way I can modify my browser to make this happen?

That already happened.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

El Grillo posted:

Bootcha is DSmart's contribution really essential to your final video? I feel like at this stage it might be time to admit that he will never do it. Remember he is not just standing back and laughing like most people here, he is a crazy person and so is very invested in bringing CIG down and also being Derek Smart. Like think about that he is actually Derek Smart, all the time, in real life (I only assume he does not have multiple personalities however).
What I'm saying is please give us the joy of goon-de-yadda.

Also while catching up on the loving 150+ pages of this thread I missed (by reading only Beer, Bootcha, Sasarparilla and some of Lowtax/Eonwe/PGabz's posts. Sorry everyone else. I have it down to a fine art now) I realised that what would be amazing would be if everyone in this thread had a rotating Eonwe elephant avatar. It would make the thread such a chilled space for me when I'm reading it and might even cancel out some of the creepy goon Sandi stalking vibe. Is there a way I can modify my browser to make this happen? Pls advise. Only for this thread though.

e: seriously though that Beer-Sandi email exchange was incredible. :delusionintensifies:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

El Grillo posted:

It's at this point we'll all change our avatar to gryphon's avatar just to gently caress with you :D

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why did Toyota name their 2 door Echo after a sandwich?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I had a 92 Toyota Paseo and that car was a loving monster when it came to gas mileage and it never died. I eventually abandoned it on a military base in texas I hope its doing ok

I mostly hate them because my HS sweetheart started dating a guy with a Paseo after me. But his Paseo had a bodykit and gold wire wheels and poo poo.

But then she got fat so I stopped caring.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
How goes the unifying theory?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

FrankieGoes posted:

I mostly hate them because my HS sweetheart started dating a guy with a Paseo after me. But his Paseo had a bodykit and gold wire wheels and poo poo.

But then she got fat so I stopped caring.

So much like star citizen, it was all looks, because those things only pushed like 90hp.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

FrankieGoes posted:

Because of the exhaust fumes.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

So much like star citizen, it was all looks, because those things only pushed like 90hp.

I know, that's why it was so lame. A Paseo was literally a 2 door echo or tercel or some poo poo. Meanwhile I had a supercharged MR2. Or a sweet Jeep. Or both, I can't remember the exact timing.

But it all worked out for the best in the end, because she dumped him, slept with 1200 guys, got herpes, and married a dude and moved to Cuba. And I don't want nothin' do to with Herpes or Cuba or 1200 dudes.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

FrankieGoes posted:

I assume because it's the best sandwich and they hoped the branding would carry over.

Edit: 1200 guys... that's about how many people Matilda claimed had refunds.... nice to see you SANDI

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PSA: this is the best breakfast restaurant on the planet, and I've been to all of them:

http://www.garnetcafe.com/

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

That Works posted:

Uh... about that....

He was Austrian.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

FrankieGoes posted:

PSA: this is the best breakfast restaurant on the planet, and I've been to all of them:

http://www.garnetcafe.com/

$14 omelette? GTFO with that. My local diner has a weekend special; three eggs, three sausage links, three bacon, potatoes, three pancakes all for $8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Solomonic posted:

Mods, please change my name to Beers Autistic Argument

:dukedog:

Can't wait till this shitshow ends.

I'll feel like: http://gfycat.com/FarSolidBackswimmer

• Locked thread