Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nerdrock posted:

Got a cheap little quadcopter today, and Vivi HATES HATES HATES it.

https://vimeo.com/151199885

You monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nerdrock posted:

Got a cheap little quadcopter today, and Vivi HATES HATES HATES it.

https://vimeo.com/151199885

I hope vivi chews the poo poo out of it and pisses in your shoes

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Tide posted:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Tide posted:

I hope vivi chews the poo poo out of it and pisses in your bed and shits in your shoes

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Tide posted:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Other dog's just like "yo calm down I'm trying to dogge over here"

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tbf i also react the same way to drones.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

My old dog used to have a similar reaction to quadcopters, or really anything that hovered or floated through the air. I think it's just that it triggers her hound prey instinct, as she would also freak the gently caress out over swallows and other birds in the park. Even managed to catch a few in her jaws on occasion when she got lucky.

She spotted a red-tailed hawk that was circling around hunting in the park once and lost her poo poo over it. A good 5 minutes of howling, barking, jumping in the air to the end of the leash while I got her to calm the gently caress down because I wasn't sure a 45 lb dog would win that fight, and I didn't want to be on YouTube as "that monster" if she did.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Afterwards, many pettes were delivered, and then she told the harrowing tale to Isaac and Guppy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nerdrock posted:

Afterwards, many pettes were delivered, and then she told the harrowing tale to Isaac and Guppy.

Its a start, footage will be required to make sure the photo isn't doctored.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Excellence in dog photography

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Went on a hike up Mount Constitution today

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

From PYF Schadenfreude:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Pesticide20 posted:

Went on a hike up Mount Constitution today

Hiking dogs are the best dogs.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
After watching football all day...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
http://youtu.be/6BOcxlJIvHM

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday
Zelda seems to be enjoying the snow.

https://youtu.be/b0nKl4n7ZT8

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Met this little dude yesterday

He was prancing around dramatically marking territories with a slight lift of his leg

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

"Why are you playing with fake dogges when you have real dogges, like me????"

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Do we have one of those Hijab wearing terrist dogges?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Met this little dude yesterday

He was prancing around dramatically marking territories with a slight lift of his leg

Soul of a warrior in there.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Laranzu posted:

Do we have one of those Hijab wearing terrist dogges?

We need to lock these sorts of dogges up until we can figure out what's going on.

(them getting lots of pettes, that's what's going on :kimchi:)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Zelda seems to be enjoying the snow.

https://youtu.be/b0nKl4n7ZT8

Zelda owns

Also nice yard.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
http://youtu.be/5xOElCByBTA

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjytAc-quyI

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:vince:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

... Same.

Mondays, right?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Gabe the dog is a national loving trasure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c1nUVlqzdY

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVDhgRYboc

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Speaking of "guard" dogs, I had a fun encounter today. Had to run an engine with bent valves up to a machine shop so they could repair it, and met the shop dog "Taco". Taco was a tiny little black chihuahua that literally barked at me for the entire time I was there. As soon as I got out of the truck he ran up and started hollering at me as loud as he could. Every time I'd walk, he would run behind me and nip at my pants, and whenever I'd stand still he would run circles around me. I was laughing so hard it took me ten minutes to get the box containing the engine out of my truck and into the dude's shop, the entire time he kept saying "Taco! Get over here! drat it, dog, leave him alone!"

I was literally crying from laughter when I got in my truck to leave, and he started running circles around the truck, barking the entire time. I would have to back up a couple feet when he ran around the driver's side, then stop as he disappeared around back, and back up some more once he came around the front again. Two dudes next door started watching, and laughing as well. He chased me halfway down the block before finally giving up. The entire time, even while biting me, he did not stop barking for a single solitary second. That dog kicks rear end and I wish it was my dog. :patriot:

Edit: Forgot the part that makes the story heartwarming, according to the shop owner the dog was a stray that lived in the area and had the run of the place. When it got cold, the guy opened up his shop to the dog, made him a little bed where he could stay warm and started feeding him. In return, the dog started guarding the place from all the guy's customers, much to his frustration. :v:

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 12, 2016

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Those lovely little yapping inbred rat fucks are the only kind of dogs I not only don't love, but have to actively restrain myself from punting as hard as physically possible like a loving Canadian toddler. Especially when they're either ballsy enough or their inbreeding retardation kicks in enough to make them think it's a good idea to try and nip at my heels.

All dogs are good dogs, except those little yapping shits. I'll send them to the Koreans faster than you can say free bulgogi and soju.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Small yappy dogs were often bred as alert dogs. They are not big enough to be guard dogs obviously, but if something is out of place they are hard wired to let everyone know about it. So, as annoying as they are, I try to see it as they are just doing their "job".

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The only difference between that Chihuahua nipping everyone's heels and a dog mauling someone terribly, is their size. Aggressive dogs are not cool or good.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I like how N4Dicks edited his post saying if he didn't post GoPro by the end of the day several days ago, N4I could probate him until Cole was cool.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

The only difference between that Chihuahua nipping everyone's heels and a dog mauling someone terribly, is their size. Aggressive dogs are not cool or good.

Oh, the nipping is bad, but some dogs were just bred to bark a lot if they see a stranger

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I like how N4Dicks edited his post saying if he didn't post GoPro by the end of the day several days ago, N4I could probate him until Cole was cool.

Well yes, but on the other hand this would mean i would have to wait until the heat death of the universe for N4D to get out of his probation so he can post the Goprogge footage.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Those lovely little yapping inbred rat fucks are the only kind of dogs I not only don't love, but have to actively restrain myself from punting as hard as physically possible like a loving Canadian toddler. Especially when they're either ballsy enough or their inbreeding retardation kicks in enough to make them think it's a good idea to try and nip at my heels.

All dogs are good dogs, except those little yapping shits. I'll send them to the Koreans faster than you can say free bulgogi and soju.

Dogs like that was the reason I hated dogs until I found out that most dogs aren't like that at all, that people in my area growing up just liked loud angry dogs, and probably abused them to make them that way. I feel like if people want small dogs to alert them about strangers, they could just get corgis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Growing up one of my friends had 3 chihuahuas, a blind old male that slept all day, his daughter which followed my friend's mother around and growled if anyone else got near her, and the father & daughter's inbred child, a young male that was the sweetest, most affectionate animal I ever met. He would literally shiver with happiness when you gave him any attention, and within 5 minutes of meeting you he would be in curled up in your lap whining if you weren't constantly petting him.