Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Eerrgh good morning goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bumping my effort thread

I almost slipped over stepping on some dog poo poo

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
you gonna give any to the goats or pecky becky?

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Isaac is the best poster on SA

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
5'd make more

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Isaac posted:

I dunno you tell me

quote:

Now, if you successfully made your moonshine alcohol, here are is how you properly ensure that the process went well and that you, in fact, made good moonshine:

1. First, smell it. If you notice a weird, chemical odor, do not drink it and proceed to the second step.

2. The best test is the spoon one. No matter if your moonshine smells or not weird, this test needs to be done: put some moonshine in a spoon and light it on fire. If your alcohol is:

a) Red: there is lead in it, so do not drink it.

b) Yellow: you risk getting blind, so not drink it.

c) Blue: best color to get, as it means you achieved your purpose of making good, safe, moonshine alcohol.

d) If it has no color: basically, if it does not burn, then your process did not go as scheduled and you obtained some liquidwhich is not proper moonshine. Again, do not drink it.

There are no better ways to create proper moonshine alcohol than to respect the above advices and to always trust the spoon test, which will never fail.

http://www.whiskeystill.net/blogs/whiskey-still-co-blog/7713871-how-to-find-out-if-your-moonshine-alcohol-is-any-good

brings back memories of when me and another i tried our luck at making hooch for resale during sophomore or junior year of high school around 1999-2000. iirc our distillation procedure involved freezing the fermented mash in old mountain dew 2 liter bottles. the one person to sample it yacked immediately (and certainly not because it was potent/strong but because it tasted like embalming fluid). good luck, just watch out for the methanol content and dont drink and distill

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

throw some weed in there it'll be rad, pecky becky's green dragon

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Fart Puzzle posted:

throw some weed in there it'll be rad, pecky becky's green dragon

yeah do that, its super easy if the proof is high enough

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

OhsH posted:

you gonna give any to the goats or pecky becky?

The beckster hasnt laid an egg since new years she needs peace and quiet. I can see if a goat will drink any but i tgink the smell would put em off

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It seems weird to me that moonshining is illegal here in the states.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its illegal here as well

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah but we're the land of the free!

I am very jealous of your still sir. Maybe I'll diy one up.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

You made this with canned tomato paste and yeast? How come you don't just start with grape juice or something?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Isac try to get a goat drunk, if it doesnt work, atleast you get to spend time ith goat.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm glad of you, isaac. why didn't you rise to Posting Prominence before last year.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I only got weak wifi so nothing to do but poat on my phone

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

The Sphinxster posted:

It seems weird to me that moonshining is illegal here in the states.

Taxing alcohol is what governments do since the middle ages, since people will drink hooch even if it's expensive, which makes it a good revenue source.
The US is no exception. Making moonshine is a way to bypass that taxation, so governments try to ban it.

Plus, there's the whole "doing it wrong and going blind" thing.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think government cares more about tax than anything. Im pretty sure growing tobbaco here is more illegal than growing weed for that reason.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

tbh i've only had moonshine from one source, and it certainly did not impress me. but the person who sourced it was also disappointing so maybe it's a character issue?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've had bad moonshine but I've also had some amazing apple pie moonshine, it can be done right.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Was gonna drink moonshine tonight but im staying in the city cause i wanna get drunk more than i wanna drive home

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tasting notes

1st run: tomato taste

2nd run: no tomato taste but tastes a bit like kerosene

Left it covered in paper towell for 2 days and now it taste much much cleaner. Gonna water it down tommorow to 40% and bottle it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I took a bunch of photos but after 2 attempts tge photos wont upload.

I ended up with the 6.5 wine bottles from the garbage full of moonshine vodka.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Isaac posted:

I took a bunch of photos but after 2 attempts tge photos wont upload.

I ended up with the 6.5 wine bottles from the garbage full of moonshine vodka.

make the goats drink it. film the drunk goats.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

dreezy posted:

make the goats drink it. film the drunk goats.

They messed up my garden im not sharing anything with them im so mad!

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Great thread!

Make more shine

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

donkey salami posted:

Great thread!

Make more shine

Next one i could do in 10x quantity but i might not do it for a little while

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

5 liters of vodka-strength moonshine is a lot of alcohol.
don't drink it all by yourself.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

H.H posted:

5 liters of vodka-strength moonshine is a lot of alcohol.
don't drink it all by yourself.

I probably will but over the course of a week or so.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

a week? :drat:
good luck with that liver of yours

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im an advanced level drinker

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kerosene taste is almost gone. Good enough for me. Cheers.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Isaac posted:

The first 50ml you supposed to throw out or use for fuel. I might cut 100ml to be extra safe. That first bit has all the chemicals that make you go blind and they come off firt because they are more volatile than ethanol.

Methanol, its like an ethanol but cut in half and then grew an extra bit like a worm.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I wish I had a booze wizard friend like you IRL.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Isaac posted:

The beckster hasnt laid an egg since new years she needs peace and quiet. I can see if a goat will drink any but i tgink the smell would put em off

when i was in college we had a pet rooster that like just showed up at our house one day and he loved liquor and getting drunk he was the coolest pet. He'd just be drinking outta his tequila bowl and crowing his lil rear end off at like 3 in the afternoon and sometimes hed get so drunk he couldnt flap back up onto the garage door arm which is where he like d to sleep normally and would just sleep on the chair in the garage.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Isaac posted:

Too late i set the concrete on fire

Are you in a southern climate? Those look like dried oleander leaves right there on the sidewalk.

Love,
Vitalis

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Are you in a southern climate? Those look like dried oleander leaves right there on the sidewalk.

Love,
Vitalis

Southern. Southern hemisphere

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Drank a bit of moonshine last night and im not blind. Will do it again.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
thats very cool and congrats op. i had some buddies what made corn shine, it was basically flavorless and got you real toasty when mixed with a cherry limeade from the sonic drive in. you should bottle it and sell it in sa mart imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
why tomato paste?

• Locked thread