Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

The song? Dallas theme. 70s 80s primetime drama.

I don't remember the 70's SHAFT-sounding addition. Is this a different version of the theme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Darkpriest667 posted:

It makes me wonder if, in the end when this is all over, the information in the storage of their databases will be enough to convict them of criminal negligence. I doubt it, I am no lawyer so I have on idea, but it seems like they are being extremely negligent.

edited for grammar

SPACECOURT!

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

No, that's one of the things they are expressly exempted from providing, which is why the request is so goddamn stupid.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the clarification.

And to contribute:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

OhDearGodNo posted:

I don't remember the 70's SHAFT-sounding addition. Is this a different version of the theme?

I'm not sure, its a version performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

:golfclap: Amazing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You really need to watch it to appreciate it.

I've never watched a show with Ramsey, but I could tell that he's going :yikes: almost as soon as he meets Amy and Samy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm 30 pages behind and all I can say is... this loving thread! :five:

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
Hey friends!
Can somebody please point me in the direction of the vaping/ecig thread. Thanks.

P.s. gently caress Derek.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Shut up laserpig

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Laserpig posted:

Hey friends!
Can somebody please point me in the direction of the vaping/ecig thread. Thanks.

sure here

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Laserpig posted:

Hey friends!

Laserpig finally got his refund from fake jpegs and spending it now on fake cigarettes

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

EminusSleepus posted:

Laserpig finally got his refund from fake jpegs and spending it now on fake cigarettes

pretty sure the jpegs are real

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

I was sitting there thinking "how the hell does that guy not recognize the theme song to Dallas?!".

And then I realized how old I am. :(

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

EminusSleepus posted:

It unsettles me when people suggest I have already spent money on SC spaceships... because I haven't, but I do plan to. This thread had made the idea of doing that feel so wrong, but when I observe SC from a gamer perspective the idea of buying those spaceships just feel so right.

I'm confused, I WANT to believe the dream.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Laserpig posted:

but when I observe SC from a gamer perspective the idea of buying those spaceships just feel so right.

please elaborate on how sandi's world famous marketing skills have effected you

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Laserpig posted:

It unsettles me when people suggest I have already spent money on SC spaceships... because I haven't, but I do plan to. This thread had made the idea of doing that feel so wrong, but when I observe SC from a gamer perspective the idea of buying those spaceships just feel so right.

Khanstant posted:

Shut up laserpig

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Shut up Octopode Laserpig.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

You forgot changing song lyrics into hilarious attacks against Croberts and friends. :cheeky:

:hfive:

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

The sad truth is you see this type of thing happen, more then people would like to think, with much smaller sums of money. It's a video game at the end of the day - a video game - and these people come off like they are pinning their hopes and dreams on it. I worry that even if it does manage to somehow come out it will fail to live up to these incredibly high expectations that these people have built up, and it's going to destroy them when it doesn't fulfill every little space .jpeg fantasy they have.

Those at the top, Chris/Sandi/etc, have to know that they are allowing these people to put themselves into both a financial and psychological hole. I can't believe that they are so stupid as to not know that. Yet here they are continuing to do just that and gleefully putting their hands out for more money. It's disgusting to say the least. But when you look at people like Ben and his wife it's not surprising that they don't care. They are clearly allowing their own employees to slowly kill themselves. So what do they care if some random backer they don't know kills themselves because they failed to live up to their word.

Sandi knows. She's proud of it. More than once she's talked about the "connection" people feel with SC and she credits it as part of the success of her marketing strategy.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Will back kickstarter for a 12 episode season of Lil Paarpy's adventures.

That was amazing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Laserpig posted:

Will you buy something big enough for us all to come hang out with you?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Laserpig posted:

You should go all out and buy the Completionist Package for $10,000. That will give you the opportunity to buy a Javelin for another $2,500. Your collection still won't be complete at that point though so you may want to buy some additional ships.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Laserpig posted:

You should deff go all in and get a second morgage on your house and "invest" it all into space jepgs, what could possibly go wrong? Your value can only go up, up, up!

e: ^^^^^ come on man, only ten k?!? thats chump change, if you want in the mile high club you have got to really believe in the vision. also if he has a hot wife he should let christ robberts do lines off her rear end at least twice a week.

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 10, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

:pgabz:

I don't know what the gently caress.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 10, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

How I imagine D_Smart lives every day of his life.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lol, 10+ years before I was born.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

still laughing at d smart telling that old lady to shut the gently caress up

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

So high on coke that he thinks he can walk on water? I think you got the wrong guy?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Scathach posted:

:pgabz:

I don't know what the gently caress.

:gary: :yarg:

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

Avalanche posted:

Will back kickstarter for a 12 episode season of Lil Paarpy's adventures.

That was amazing.

:gary: :agreed: :yarg:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek has a website? All this star citizen stuff is really helping him move up in the world it seems

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Can you make his little antenna wiggle, also dont forget the coke smear on his nose

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

:golfclap:

I also read a summary of "Amy's Baking Company" and yeah, it's pretty eerie how much it parallels Sandi's behavior, both proven and alleged.
The Amy's Backing Baking Company video is well worth the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPOGxUtZvk

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

at this time I would like to float the idea of securitizing the jpgs and then redistributing those securities

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
When I win Powerball on Weds I am taking over this entire project and putting Derek Smart in charge of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Goon hieroglyphics.

• Locked thread