Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Looks like Wadjet-Bast

Is Jaylen Brown good or bad?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MSUs Valentine looks good. OAKs Kahlil Fielder is my pick to jump up to early 2nd rd and work his rear end off and make a splash.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Joey Crawford saw this video then got so mad he retired

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So Buddy Hield

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

So Buddy Hield

Is going to be really good

VVVVV let me tell you about this kid from LSU

Metapod fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 5, 2016

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

NickRoweFillea posted:

So Buddy Hield

Him and Valentine, vying for number one pick. Don't give it to some Duke/Kentucky rear end in a top hat, NBA.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NickRoweFillea posted:

So Buddy Hield

Is a like 6'2" shooting guard who is pretty old for a draft pick.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

He's listed at 6'4" with a 6'8.5" wingspan by DX so not terrible size and Valentine, Demetrius Jackson, and Dunn are all relatively old too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Those guys are mostly point guards and Valentine is probably like a mid first rounder too

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

MourningView posted:

Those guys are mostly point guards and Valentine is probably like a mid first rounder too

Ah, I thought he was a PG/SG which there are a plethora of this year.

Yeah I think they'll all go #10-#35 unless someone goes crazy in the tournament and does well at the combine.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

Brother lemme tell you I scrutinized Buddy Hield with the most powerful metric known to man, and he passed with flying colors and I want him on the Grizzlies roster. That metric? Did He Get Crunk Shooting The Ball On National Television In Primetime, or for short, The Eye Test

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Who am I kidding. Chris Wallace will draft some combo guard with injury history who will bounce from the end of the bench to Iowa and back until one day he just simply...disappears. And for another year, Memphis fans will rest where disappointment and regret collide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGEyqP0744c

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hield will go to SAS and be the next Danny Green

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

ButtWolf posted:

Hield will go to SAS and be the next Danny Green

If Buddy Hield goes to the Spurs I will periscope my own suicide

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

IMB posted:

If Buddy Hield goes to the Spurs I will periscope my own suicide

Ready the gun.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
That top 10 protected Kings pick is starting to look like having a decent shot of heading to the Bulls, it currently sits at 10th pick however the Kings are only 0.5 games behind the Jazz for the 8th seed which would slot the pick at 15th. teams 11-14 are non-playoff Eastern Conference teams who are all a few games ahead of the Kings/Jazz.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would like to see the Kings make the playoffs, I have had a soft spot for that team in the Cousin's era.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Smorgasbord posted:

That top 10 protected Kings pick is starting to look like having a decent shot of heading to the Bulls, it currently sits at 10th pick however the Kings are only 0.5 games behind the Jazz for the 8th seed which would slot the pick at 15th. teams 11-14 are non-playoff Eastern Conference teams who are all a few games ahead of the Kings/Jazz.

I'm so glad someone is using the Boozer pic I spent 20 minutes photoshopping

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Buddy Hield's name is actually Buddy.

I like him, he's a little old and a little short but he puts the dang ball in the dang basket

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Memphis needs him. Old and ready to contribute. Although thats usually the kiss of death.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

He'll be 23, not 30

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ready to contribute is kiss of death, not old. And yeah 23 is old for a rookie now as 80% of the league tries to draft on potential.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

23 is ancient.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
On the flip side you must be 28 or older to be a good Euro rookie

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Doltos posted:

That's not true, Luis Scola was a good rookie back when he was a young stallion at age 27

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont mention euro rookies, I get sad when I remember that I didnt get to see Arvydas in his prime. One of my faves.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

Have you forgot about king zing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I thought Ben Simmons was just supposed to be a future all star with questions about his shooting and engagement, he looks a little bit better than that

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 10, 2016

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Bobby Hield turned 22 last month; that's barely older than Draymond when he was drafted

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

Bobby Hield turned 22 last month; that's barely older than Draymond when he was drafted

:corsair:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

I thought Ben Simmons was just supposed to be a future all star with questions about his shooting and engagement, he looks a little bit better than that

He still can't really shoot but he's better at everything else than expected

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

yeah i didn't think he looked very good last year, he's looked very good this year. i'm dumb.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Look if you're 22 and still playing in college you might as well retire when time's up IMHO

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If he's old he'll slot right in with the rest of the Retirement Bench at 191 Beale St

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What can you guys tell me about Jamal Murray? I realize NBAdraft.net is hardly something to go on but they have Toronto drafting him with the Knicks/Nuggets pick, just curious if that would actually be a good use of the pick or if they should pursue moving up somehow. Also, how deep do you expect the class to be in particular?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im usually pretty good at picking talent from college and "scouting"is one of my favorite things to do, but I watched Ohio St and Indiana today and I can no longer watch ncaab.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm firmly on the Ben Simmons bandwagon. Out of all of his skills, his rebounding is what transcends him from a great prospect to an amazing one. It cannot be said enough how impossible to defend a guy who can immediately go from rebounding to pushing a fastbreak. It's one of the reasons why Draymond Green has been so effective this season.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Bucks are going to win the lottery and have a full positionless lineup.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Hand Row posted:

Bucks are going to win the lottery and have a full positionless lineup.

It would be real nice if instead they could plug Dunn into that lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
I think Brandon Ingram could go #1.

6'9.5" tall with 7'3" wingspan, hyper athletic, can shoot from distance, handle the ball a lot without turning it over, rebounding+stocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnMrZyQFEjY

Simmons will be a star but having to develop a shot could drop him to #2 behind Ingram imo

• Locked thread