Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Squadron 42 WILL come out this year and it will be an interactive movie where you have to watch the movie and periodically push a button to do something like "PRESS D TO AVOID THE MISSILE!".

It will be glorious. Like the old interactive movie-games on the Sega Genesis.

I have it on good authority that one of the mini-games will be to try to sneak past Sandi in between her blinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

tastychicken posted:

:wtchris: This is what I did with bills for a while. It bit me in the rear end. You could think CIG should know better, but I know better than to think that by now.

Back when I was unemployed it was my strategy as well. No point looking at a bill if you have no physical way of doing anything about it short of armed crime (Not really my style!)

Yeah bit me on the arse too.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bait and Swatch posted:

They just closed all the tickets? That is wonderful news, how loving funny.
Amazing -- this Masterstroke might make for an amusing Reverse The Verse this week for a change.

(Who am I kidding? It'll just be Ben and Lando holding court, telling boring stories about their hangout with Billy Dee Williams for 30 minutes, with Justin being clueless about who that is, Ben squeezing in even more boring Wing Commander apocrypha, an update from Alexis on the latest Chinese merchandise delays, and the rest spent telling viewers "Sorry guys we can't talk about dates.")

Here's to hoping Sean Tracy will pop in and spill some more truth beans. Or that Sandi finds her brave face and dares to go on RtV again.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

lilspooky posted:

Something that cracked me up was that in the most recent 104TCM one of the first (maybe even THE first) question that the Dread Pirate Croberts answered was one in which somebody asked if there would be micro-transactions for the current lovely PTU so shitizens could color their ships / clothes / icons etc. Out of all the questions in that segment that was the only one where he got really enthusiastic and expressed that not only was it planned but it was coming very soon. Gotta milk that money as long as they can!

I hate to defend SC in any way, but the question was about UEC/REC for in game items that were always supposed to be up for sale. Not micro transactions. Yes you can buy UEC with real money, but not really the same thing and we've know about that for a long time now. Unless I missed something in that question and its subsequent answer.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I like this. I'm actually reminded of how far this thread has come!

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Whats up with the spacemen walking around in spaceships and space stations? Shouldn't these be zero gravity areas? Nothing grinds my gears more than people in space walking around like they're on a planet - I get over it for TV and movies because obviously its difficult to shoot in real space and expensive to fake it on earth, but in a video game it seems like the perfect opportunity to realize full zero gravity. Did they address this at some point and I missed it, or is it just CryEngine and CRobbers?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

as much as i'd love to keep jumpin on this ticket closure business more, nobody else has reported gettin' the email in the reddit thread and all the cultits are callin it a hoax for now, so who knows.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bait and Swatch posted:

You never just wipe out your queue, regardless of what type of help desk you are on. I worked on a IT help desk for awhile, and we were often behind by a couple hundred tickets. You don't get the option to just delete tickets because you didn't have time to address them. What is their method of "handling" that is so time consuming? Sending an email? Most help desk and customer support teams do that regardless of whether the issue is fixable or not, they are just answering emails. Even with 4 people, answering 25 emails a day would get you though 1000 tickets in a week and a half.

I knew CiG was bad, but it is difficult to gently caress up a help desk. As always though, they found a way.

Yeah this decision, if true, is really baffling.

It's either they don't actually have a CSR staff dedicated to handling the tickets but moonlight as the CSR, or the team they hired are just bad at that gig.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Bwahahaha, someone in D&D apparently took my avatar seriously

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6223822/#Comment_6223822

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i love that immediately after this they post:

SilverBullet posted:

I’m not privy to all what’s going on however I was looking up Star Citizen related stuff and stumbled on pics of the emails she sent to someone I cannot mention here. She mentioned "that word" in her email amongst other things which raised a few eyebrows. We're not allowed to dicuss that here i guess? or we'll incur a warning or ban, so best left be.

BETTER SHUSH GUYS

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Happy Sisyphus posted:

at this time I would like to float the idea of securitizing the jpgs and then redistributing those securities

As long as AIG will insure these "Sperg-ateralized JPEG Dream-bligations," I'm all in. I'll lobby congress to raise the legal Jpeg risk exposure limit. Whole bit.

CR is too vision to fail.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

alf_pogs posted:

i love that immediately after this they post:

BETTER SHUSH GUYS

I suppose I struck a nerve.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah this decision, if true, is really baffling.

It's either they don't actually have a CSR staff dedicated to handling the tickets but moonlight as the CSR, or the team they hired are just bad at that gig.
It does a few things:

- Purges all refund requests that they were going to deny anyway. They are hoping that anyone who was in the queue for a refund won't bother to try again.
- Purges anything and everything to do with store purchases, unmelts, whatever, for the same reason.
- Effectively kills the argument that replying to emails like Beer's is what is causing the backups. Now they're not backed up! It's no longer an issue!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

mrking posted:

Whats up with the spacemen walking around in spaceships and space stations? Shouldn't these be zero gravity areas? Nothing grinds my gears more than people in space walking around like they're on a planet - I get over it for TV and movies because obviously its difficult to shoot in real space and expensive to fake it on earth, but in a video game it seems like the perfect opportunity to realize full zero gravity. Did they address this at some point and I missed it, or is it just CryEngine and CRobbers?

Artificial gravity! Except even though they can manipulate gravity, you still black out when pulling turns on par with WW2 fighters. This makes sense because

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I suppose I struck a nerve.

well well if it isn't turncoat jones

thankyou for all the nerves you've struck and the hours of entertainment gleaned

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
everyone says this is the best game ever
but we ban everyone who doesnt

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Click if you want to read a quintuple post by Captain B'tak on why attacking is too overpowered: Quantum drive away from every fight??

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In which I am accused of not reporting a pedophilic post on CIG's forums sans proof supporting that claim, and that I only used the pedo post for Psychological Manipulation because ~reasons~

I asked the guy to prove his claims, and he keeps going on about JAQ'ng off (what the gently caress is that meme?) and stuff. These people are very uncomfortable having discussions with opposing viewpoints/arguments.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Ash1138 posted:

It does a few things:

- Purges all refund requests that they were going to deny anyway. They are hoping that anyone who was in the queue for a refund won't bother to try again.
- Purges anything and everything to do with store purchases, unmelts, whatever, for the same reason.
- Effectively kills the argument that replying to emails like Beer's is what is causing the backups. Now they're not backed up! It's no longer an issue!

Also there is no way Sandi only responded to Beer's emails like that, she probably responded to thousands(lol) of backers personally and after the 'reset' they can just claim that any email screen shots from this point on are made up.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bait and Swatch posted:

You never just wipe out your queue, regardless of what type of help desk you are on. I worked on a IT help desk for awhile, and we were often behind by a couple hundred tickets. You don't get the option to just delete tickets because you didn't have time to address them. What is their method of "handling" that is so time consuming? Sending an email? Most help desk and customer support teams do that regardless of whether the issue is fixable or not, they are just answering emails. Even with 4 people, answering 25 emails a day would get you though 1000 tickets in a week and a half.

I knew CiG was bad, but it is difficult to gently caress up a help desk. As always though, they found a way.

Agreed. I wonder what's on the monitors of all those customer service reps in that photo; they're clearly not answering tickets. Perhaps they're trying, but Sandi or whoever won't let anybody send anything without it being micromanaged into the ground first.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Bait and Swatch posted:

Bwahahaha, someone in D&D apparently took my avatar seriously

The sperg is coming from inside our forums, I repeat, inside our forums.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

HKS posted:

Also there is no way Sandi only responded to Beer's emails like that, she probably responded to thousands(lol) of backers personally and after the 'reset' they can just claim that any email screen shots from this point on are made up.
I guess it depends how many people tried to engage like that. She certainly didn't respond to pgabz' refund request!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

redwalrus posted:

everyone says this is the best game ever
but we ban everyone who doesnt

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Unfunny Poster posted:

In which I am accused of not reporting a pedophilic post on CIG's forums sans proof supporting that claim, and that I only used the pedo post for Psychological Manipulation because ~reasons~

I asked the guy to prove his claims, and he keeps going on about JAQ'ng off (what the gently caress is that meme?) and stuff. These people are very uncomfortable having discussions with opposing viewpoints/arguments.

Could be Just Asking Questions, saying you arent arguing honestly.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LowellDND posted:

Could be Just Asking Questions, saying you arent arguing honestly.

Oh, so that's how they're handwaving any cognitive dissonance creating stuff.

Gotcha.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
So with the character/ship damage models, why does the player essentially transform into the ship when mounting the pilot seat? I thought the character and vehicle were treated as separate entities in Crysis by default. For example, if you get in a jeep or whatever in Crysis, your character dude can get shot which effects your character health independent of the vehicle or your vehicle can get shot and eventually explode if enough damage is done independent of character health. Did these idiots actually take the Crysis default values for vehicles and make it more loving complicated and retarded?

This is a really really big problem. They could probably hack together something where a simplified character model/hitboxes are present in the ship model after the character enters the pilot chair, but that opens up all kinds of opportunities for exploits. An oldschool game called WWII Online back in the day hacked together something similar which ended up with people clipping into tank/plane models to shoot and kill the character model embedded in the vehicle model. I remember being able to kill all the multicrew character slots by crawling under the tank and shooting the spots where all the character hitboxes were located.

Would make for a bunch of hilarious instances of some gigantic uber mensche super shielded capital ship with 100+ people getting slaughtered by some glorious rear end in a top hat that just rams/clips into the ship model and pew pews all the character model hitboxes to death. I really don't see how they can go with any other method to "model" characters within ships that are mounted to turret/pilot/copilot chairs unless they completely scrap the current way the game handles everything.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

i like how goons are just one group of "outsiders," and we're the ones who are the true cultists

how does his brain not shear in half from the dissonance?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Don't you have to buy a package to get an account? It's not easy as signing up with a disposable e-mail address, you actually have to put money down on the account.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
not for a forums account, no, but you have some limited access

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
how do you pronounce eonwe

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

My bet still stands.
There will be NO Sq42 in 2016. I will offer any odds
I'm not taking that bet, since you know the R:pgabz:NCH story.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

how do you pronounce eonwe

i think its ee-on-way, but it might be yon-way. It's tolkienish?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

not for a forums account, no, but you have some limited access

I thought they were only counting paying members in their big "1 million plus" number. Counting forums members isn't that impressive, because you can just spam out multiple accounts easily. It's not a sign of continued growth of income, like subscriber numbers in games are. Granted, you could do the same for paying for an account, but it's more convincing that way even if they're not unique users.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MMO-style Player Actions vs Star Citizen's Exquisite Detail & Fidelity

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6219258/#Comment_6219258

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6215811/#Comment_6215811

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6222189/#Comment_6222189

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

These are the kind of people that take an almost sexual amount of pleasure from being on the board of the Homeowners' Association.

"Hi, just wanted to stop in and say hello, see how you're doing! Also your grass is 1/4" too tall and your fence is a non-approved shade of white, please fix this or we'll be forced to fine you $250 a day. Byeeeeeee!"

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Ash1138 posted:

It does a few things:

I still absolutely love the idea that Beers emails were both fake and what was holding up customer service.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6223632/#Comment_6223632

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6223720/#Comment_6223720

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
What pretend space navy rank did that guy buy his way into?

• Locked thread