Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

same. However, this is to Kashuno, who is voting for Rid! With me! And this was brought up by them in the past, which means they're not really paying attention to the thread and just coasting through. Not hunting scum, certainly.

This is pretty relevant given Ridonk's Rick Perry moment earlier. Out of all of Gamer's after-the-fact case this is the most salient point I feel. The fact that Gamer is tunneled on Ridonk isn't really a important until he tries to move his vote elsewhere (especially a vote leader) because he hasn't really seemed to focus on anyone at all and it wouldn't strike me as particularly sincere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
The more you know.

Bad reasons I can think of are Fishing for Information regarding town that it would hurt to lose, try to get Max into marking town in the other thread. Maybe I'm dumb.

Since the info is out, and I tried to read all the rules and how the non-mafia part of this, the Charisma bit was news to me. You say you are a front line fighter. So I am to understand you are a highly charismatic one?

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Anyway, it's getting down to the wire, been on a date most of the night, and will probably go to sleep in the next few hours. Going to read over the top Lynchtenders before I sleep, and throw my vote on the one I feel the worst about.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

The more you know.

Bad reasons I can think of are Fishing for Information regarding town that it would hurt to lose, try to get Max into marking town in the other thread. Maybe I'm dumb.

Since the info is out, and I tried to read all the rules and how the non-mafia part of this, the Charisma bit was news to me. You say you are a front line fighter. So I am to understand you are a highly charismatic one?

You may want to read the rules again if you can because charisma is not what makes a frontline fighter that'd mainly be Might and probably Stamina. If I knew about Charisma is because I read the rules.

Doktor Per posted:

Anyway, it's getting down to the wire, been on a date most of the night, and will probably go to sleep in the next few hours. Going to read over the top Lynchtenders before I sleep, and throw my vote on the one I feel the worst about.

I don't really like that that's how you're going about it. You should try to look over all the players, or at least the ones you feel bad towards and then make your case, try to convince people you're right, and if things really aren't going your way make your mind up about the vote leaders as a last resort to avoid the no-execution. Just following the crowd is incredibly scummy since it relieves you of any real work and makes it feel like you don't really care who dies as long as their not a scum mate.

You are new right, because I don't know how long I want to just overlook you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I unironically out of spite started to go down the list of players and comment on each one before I decided to say gently caress it and write this post.

This mini-meltdown feels very genuine from kash. I have trouble reading kash at times since there's so much to go through and his opinions seem to take several short and spread out posts to come together. But seems good enough to me for now.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ridonkulous posted:

posts like this are helpful, so I think your intentions are just misplaced and not scummy.

What? No it's not.

A lot has been said about ridonk but I think the most glaring issue is that he's not really reading the thread because he's got a lot of easily check facts wrong. I don't see them as accidents since it has happened more than once it definitely gives me the impression that his information is coming both rushed and second-hand.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
General note: I do not read this thread very closely (since I am a Mafia Vet, I barely skim games I'm in), so if you have a specific request/question/comment/whatever you should let me know via PMs.

speaking of PMs, when the next one of you sees Max tell him to submit his assignments already he only has like 13 hours left in the day.

speaking of hours left in the day here's a votecount:

jk it's unchanged since last time and I do not want to write more lorebits right now.

good luck thread!!

e: one more thing! CapitalistPig and Chic Trombone both have fewer than 10 posts; this is less than:
- The Mod
- Venom Soag
- 10% of the top poster's count

if they do not make at least 10 posts by the end of the game day I will seek their replacements.

They have been prodded once and will be prodded again in a minute.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 11, 2016

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My long-promised re-read of our players and my thoughts. I've been posting some up through to now and this is the last bunch.

O where o where has our little Cpiggy gone?
Like Chic he's been lurking, but that probably just makes him town I suppose.

I hope tithin comes back. Can Ecco maybe see to this somehow? His avatar issue seems to have stabilized and it's not that big of deal for me not to want him to continue being present.

Diqnol's absence this weekend makes it harder to get a grasp on him. Considering Rarity's build-up to a Madman vote, it becomes easier to see diqnol doing the same, but he was the first and it seems a bit better presented and thought out. I don't think his catapult generated as much content as he'd of liked, but it certainly can be seen as role-fishing in a way. To me at least, I volunteered so that power roles would not have risk themselves, so inversely people who fought tooth and nail could be read as people of interest, though it is simpler to just think they don't want to die.

Not much can be said about Bowmore, was that ever the case?

Exakt I've brought up before, and while he's made a tad more effort as of late there's not really much substance in any of it. Why do I remember Exakt playing differently? Maybe he hasn't the time? I don't know but I don't find him very town at all.

Gwyne is clearly around but has mainly posted about being a wall the enemy won't be able to break down. It's a different kinda of nothing that we see from birdstrike. I would like it if we could get more reads. Gwyne just take like 3-5 of the other players and read their post histories, no one's is longer than 2 pages it seems to me and make some sort of opinion.

Ixt's got two reads but no votes. He's been catty about being called out about posting frivolously but hasn't made any effort to improve on that or otherwise.

Ras reminds me of his last town game that we were in together ages ago. His style is not dissimilar to Dominoes but seems more pointed and less meandering. I've got nothing bad to say about him.

People I don't mention I have a null read maybe town read on. If I mentioned but haven't said much it's because your null leaning scum for no real reason other than gut (see: bowmore).

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

lorebits are p. good though. Also I think sleeping 'til 5 yesterday hosed up my sleep schedule so much I've looped around to waking up early.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fiery is one of the players I'm really feeling town on and I find myself agreeing with her a lot.

I have the same feelings about Murmur, I really like her case on rarity.

I would vote Rarity, Dominoes, and Exakt today with the latter two being interchangeable in desirability. I really like the cases that have been made against Rarity but I will admit I have yet to make an in-depth read of her 3 page post history so I won't vote until I have and can see things with my own eyes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Doktor Per posted:

"Guys, I'm a catapult, whom should I shoot? I can only do it day one so please be quick."

Then with less than 24 hours to end of D1, "nvm, i was wrong." Just looks super weird. Super duper weird, I can't think of a GOOD reason for that whole thing, what I can think of, are BAD reasons.

Diqnol put it out there to generate content. All the cases that have been going round on both TM and me can be traced back to that claim.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I really don't like diqnol faking the catapult claim because wow it looks bad and

Rarity posted:

Diqnol put it out there to generate content. All the cases that have been going round on both TM and me can be traced back to that claim.

This is horrible horrible justification for it. There are plenty of ways to generate content that don't involve a claim that could have very easily taken control of the thread and distracted from scum hunting. It doesn't inherently make diqnol scum, but it sure raises a lot of suspicion and rarity's defense in particular looks the worst.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean really there wasn't a lack of content before he claimed. The game hasn't stalled at all. Using it as a way to generate content is bad

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is a good point.

Exakt, can you explain more why you think TMM is scum? He's had a lot of content since you voted him. How has that affected your read?

Exakt, don't forget to answer my question here.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You may want to read the rules again if you can because charisma is not what makes a frontline fighter that'd mainly be Might and probably Stamina. If I knew about Charisma is because I read the rules.
I misunderstood that as just voting anonymously, not getting a secret +1. (I read it before I figured out what OPG meant). Was under the impression that it was the thing, only the most charismatic of men could have and thus was dubious about how you became privy to that (public) information.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I don't think we should murder rarity today. Call it sentimental, but nah.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Kashuno posted:

I really don't like diqnol faking the catapult claim because wow it looks bad and

This is horrible horrible justification for it. There are plenty of ways to generate content that don't involve a claim that could have very easily taken control of the thread and distracted from scum hunting. It doesn't inherently make diqnol scum, but it sure raises a lot of suspicion and rarity's defense in particular looks the worst.

But Rarity's defence is only bad if Diqnol is actually scum right?

I know I've expressed suspicion of Rarity too, but I feel like your opinion of her alignment is heavily tied into the alignment of unflipped players and I don't like it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Hey Ixt, go read Exakt. Tell me if you agree with the point Viva made about her posting.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It's true but that could just be his style. Also I have the sacred bond of telling him I'm not the scum man, so I will also ask him whether or not he is the scum man.

Exakt Science, are you the scum man?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

But Rarity's defence is only bad if Diqnol is actually scum right?

I know I've expressed suspicion of Rarity too, but I feel like your opinion of her alignment is heavily tied into the alignment of unflipped players and I don't like it.

I didn't imply that here at all. Regardless of Diqnol's alignment, Rarity's defense is trash. Diqnol could be town who just made a really questionable choice, but Rarity's defense of it is horrible in its justification and logic, and as a result comes across as fake in an attempt to appear town by defending what is a pretty indefensible position on Diqnol's part.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I looked back on that post and I explicitly stated that Diqnol's claim didn't make him scum. Where did you even get your read of that from f_v :question:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I looked back on that post and I explicitly stated that Diqnol's claim didn't make him scum. Where did you even get your read of that from f_v :question:

You did no such thing. You said it didn't inherently make him scum. That is not an explicit statement that he isn't scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That is not an explicit statement that he isn't scum.

I never said he isn't scum, I said his claim doesn't automatically make him scum. I have made no claim that I am sure he is/isn't scum.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You said it didn't inherently make him scum

Kashuno posted:

I explicitly stated that Diqnol's claim didn't make him scum.

:question::question::question::question::question:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I guess I'm just missing the part when you decided that my opinion on Rarity's alignment was tied to Diqnol in some way

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

So if you don't want to call it sentimental, what do you want to call it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One thing to note about diqnols claim is that he did it when he had three votes and was starting to gain momentum. Then he made his claim, stirred the pot a little by starting the case against me and then completely disappeared except for a couple of sniping comments yesterday.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I reread things. TMM's evolutionary tract of rage seemed natural. I've seen similar behavior in people, it was almost gradual (which is why people may not have spotted the shift.) I would be inclined to believe it as genuine, but it seems strange to maintain this level of anger for such a long time and then repeatedly subject oneself to it if it always turns out the same for them. I was a lot less suspicious until I wrote this out.

I like what Rarity has been putting out. Doing so made me note times and such better, I often peruse the little question marks to read a single individual, but I'm experiencing the downfalls of viewing them in a vacuum. I could not see anything proper to support TMM's claim of Rarity 'gunning for him from the start.'

It also let me see this, in reverse chronological order:

Dominoes posted:

I've cooled on you a bit, in case you're curious; I may have been misinterpreting your posting style. Rarity and King following suit was a hint.

Dominoes posted:

I think Rasc is likely scum. I'll lay a vote down once I've decided he's still the most likely, compared to a few others. He''s consistently posted commentary on not-so-relevant things.
What Dominoes has posted since votes have been put on him. Someone said something along the lines of "scum have buddies looking out for them." At the time I had a hard time wrapping my head around it, but I'm starting to get a clearer picture of why. When the heat is on a buddy, they can draw attention elsewhere, while buddy lets people forget about them and lays low. Someone also said (same person? TMM?) that it's town's job to try not get voted because you are all alone. With that in mind, I can't really say that I like the look of this.

Need to lie down, take some pills. Going to try not to fall asleep and check out some more people, before I throw down my pre-slumber vote. I'm guessing CapitalistPig og Chic Trombone are getting replaced, unless a miracle happens. Does not bode well for D2.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I wanted to point out Rarity removing her vote from Dominoes again:

Rarity posted:

Dominoes has remained calm since I voted for him, even when he got tipped over into being vote leader. I'm suitably satisifed, time to put my vote where it belongs.

##vote TM

As well as all the reasons I've given up till now, notice how he's been quiet on Dominoes up till now but is now pushing him when they're in competition to be the vote leader.

Because I went back and these are the only two posts Dominoes made between Rarity's vote and her unvote:

Dominoes posted:

I think Rasc is likely scum. I'll lay a vote down once I've decided he's still the most likely, compared to a few others. He''s consistently posted commentary on not-so-relevant things.

Dominoes posted:

I've cooled on you a bit, in case you're curious; I may have been misinterpreting your posting style. Rarity and King following suit was a hint.

So I think it's really strange to say that Dominoes has remained calm after she voted for him, when she basically removes her vote at the first sign of him posting.

Since nobody seems to be really looking at Exakt right now and I'm getting ready for work, I'll move to ##vote Rarity. But I think people really need to take a look at Exakt because her posting has been extremely suspect and I'd be willing to go back to that vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Doktor Per posted:

I reread things. TMM's evolutionary tract of rage seemed natural. I've seen similar behavior in people, it was almost gradual (which is why people may not have spotted the shift.) I would be inclined to believe it as genuine, but it seems strange to maintain this level of anger for such a long time and then repeatedly subject oneself to it if it always turns out the same for them. I was a lot less suspicious until I wrote this out.

Since you've never played with me before, I can assure you that I can sustain this level of anger for quite some time. Ask someone in here about the legendary XCOM game argument I had with Tremendous Taste.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Since you've never played with me before, I can assure you that I can sustain this level of anger for quite some time. Ask someone in here about the legendary XCOM game argument I had with Tremendous Taste.

If an argument of that quality comes up this game I will post my mod PM just to escape.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
no one is going for exakt because I'm p sure you're wrong, fwiw

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Is Rarity a better choice than diq?

Never lie as town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

no one is going for exakt because I'm p sure you're wrong, fwiw

Go seriously look at Exakt's posting and tell me you think it's good. It's nothing but drive by comments and snipes. She's ignored FV's question about me twice now. And when asked by the King to submit three reads, just posts this:

EXAKT Science posted:

I think donk and TMM are scum, MMT is town

I mean that's just pure garbage, if someone asks for a read you don't just name three people, you give reasons why you think the way you do.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And speaking of people ignoring things, I really like how Rarity completely ignores this post from FV:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, I said this before in regards to MT's case on TMM. Why are you discounting the impact of people (me) telling him to shut up at the start of the game? Wouldn't that explain why he was quieter at the start?

But when King Burgundy posts this:

King Burgundy posted:

So do you think TM is going mental because he was called out on not doing it earlier? Or do you think he's going mental for real? If you think he's doing it for real, isn't that his normal behavior?

---Man, had this post sitting open from when the forums were having issues. Submitting it now so I can close my browser, but probably won't catch up on the rest till tomorrow now.

Her response is to quote the first question and say that's her belief.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Go seriously look at Exakt's posting and tell me you think it's good. It's nothing but drive by comments and snipes. She's ignored FV's question about me twice now. And when asked by the King to submit three reads, just posts this:

I mean that's just pure garbage, if someone asks for a read you don't just name three people, you give reasons why you think the way you do.

lovely posting isn't scum posting.

Gwynplaine posted:

Never lie as town.

right now I think so. The lie was really messed up and extremely sketchy, but other than that I haven't really gotten a strong scum vibe from diqnol

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Tmm pointing finding issues with diqs posting and then voting for someone else conspicuously adds a few more % to my earlier suspicion also.

That said, I can appreciate going along with a popular vote. Better that than a no lynch.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Kashuno posted:

lovely posting isn't scum posting.

right now I think so. The lie was really messed up and extremely sketchy, but other than that I haven't really gotten a strong scum vibe from diqnol

What would possess town to say that, though?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

That said, I can appreciate going along with a popular vote. Better that than a no lynch.

This causes a disquiet in my soul.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Gwynplaine posted:

Never lie as town.

We should probs kill the gwynplaine for making bad posts about one of my great forums friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gwynplaine posted:

What would possess town to say that, though?

Being bad at mafia. It's not excusable at all it was a trash play and anyone defending it is either fake or doesn't care.

• Locked thread